[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i'm waiting for this to come in the mail, traded it in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: thewitcher3ps41jpg-7c5504.jpg (318KB, 1000x1276px) Image search: [Google]
thewitcher3ps41jpg-7c5504.jpg
318KB, 1000x1276px
so i'm waiting for this to come in the mail, traded it in for two other games

wanted to take this occasion to ask, why does /v/ don't like this game? i know it's never gonna be on the switch and /v/ is like 90% nintenbros, but are there other reasons? except from people here, it only seems to get praise
>>
The bad combat and the detective vision
>>
>>381084279

is that it? that can't be it
>>
>wanted to take this occasion to ask, why does /v/ don't like this game?
/v/ in general still likes it I think.

I personally think its one of the most mediocre games I've ever played and the most overhyped game ever created, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. Its deeply flawed in almost every single aspect but a lot of those flaws get ignored simply because of good presentation.
In my opinion you would get a similar experience if you just watched it on youtube, the gameplay and every aspect of it are mediocre at best and the game pads its content a bit too much, especially in its open world and quest design.

The best parts of this video game are the parts that have nothing to do with it being a video game.
>>
/v/ isn't one person, summerfag. It's mainly trolls with shit taste who hate on the game.
>>
>>381084123
They say the combat is bad, it isn't. Quite good for an open world RPG really.

"detective vision" said earlier, is lame but its fairly limited.

Still the best thing to come out this gen
>>
>>381084439
When the biggest aspects of a games gameplay are so flawed, yes, that might just be it.
The questing and combat are the biggest gameplay loops in the game, and both of them are barebones, simplistic and boring as fuck.
>>
>>381084123
Wait for PS4 Pro patch anon
>>
>>381084279
>the detective vision
Literally explained, established, justified and is made good.
It's like complaining about having to swing on web in a Spider man game. Just fuck off.
>>
>>381084123
>why does /v/ don't like this game?

Because it's popular.
>>
>>381084439
you're going to do it dozens and dozens and dozens of times. the gameplay is just boring bullshit in between the cutscenes. some people don't like that because they had this same experience with past ubisoft style open world grindy MMO-tier games and boring linear quest design. what I truly don't get is how /v/ can hate FO4, ubisoft open worlds, and Dragon Age Inquisition, when mechanically and as RPGs, TW3 is the same game as them. And the combat is just bad. and the exploration isn't all that interesting, most the locations aren't really neat at all and are just mundane monster caves or raided caravans full of alghouls or bandits. the loot is boring and the best gear is crafted gear. but if you like linear ubisoft checklist games with bad combat, than by all means you'll probably like TW3.
>>
>>381084732
>its boring, repetitive and completely monotonous for 150 hours on purpose!
>>
>>381084123

Are you retarded? It gets daily discussion/praise threads on /v/...
>>
>>381084732
who cares when its fucking boring and makes for a boring experience? people shit on skyrim and da:i for having poor combat, bad controls, simplistic mmo quest markers everywhere and linear quest design with poor AI but TW3 gets a pass for all of this?
>>
>>381085060
>boring
Completely subjective.
Picking on it just because other people do doesn't work for you friendo. You have to actually express what's wrong with it without greentext and assumptions.
>>
>>381084123
Just finished the game. The combat is pretty good. Better than every major western rpg release for a long time. The writing is top notch and most of the missions have interesting things to do.

People bash on detective vision but funny thing you actually don't need to use it. The things you have to find with detective vision are there on the field. You can try to find them without the vision. Footprints, blood, destruction are visible with the naked eye. The only thing you can't see is the smell of things.

/v/ bitches about everything, especially people who never or barely played the game they talking about.
>>
>>381084123
The majority of /v/ loves it. And thats the problem. If you hate something you go to /v/ to reaffirm you of your beliefs. But what if /v/ also tells you, you're wrong? Then you sperg out bigtime obviously.

Anyway, its easily one of the best action/adventure-rpgs ever made. The world is made with so much detail its almost ridiculous. Most quests focus on people and have more details and better writing to them than other games' main quest. Make sure to get the GOTY edition though. The DLC are top tier.

The only criticism is the combat, which is great in spirit(everything is viable) but they just cant get it right. And it feels floaty and disconnected. Also, yo're gonna use your witcher senses to solve literally everything. If you can get used to the first, and dont mind the second, then there's even less to worry about.
>>
Op here, i did like D: AI. in fact i'm still playing it. i feel the combat is a bit too simplistic though. holding a button for the main attack and two special attacks isn't all that fun. if W3s combat is more immersive, i'm down.
>>
>>381085343
>The things you have to find with detective vision are there on the field. You can try to find them without the vision. Footprints, blood, destruction are visible with the naked eye

thats a fucking lie. i went into the game specifically trying to do this because /v/ told me it was possible and it only worked for maybe a few of the first quests. a lot of things don't even trigger unless you use the witcher sense.
>>
>>381084123
>Game is good
>Surprised /v/ hates it
Also, Dark Souls drones
>>
>>381084123
Because there are a lot of people who praise the game for its strengths (storytelling, cinematic direction, visuals, content, attention to detail especially in sidequests) to the point where they neglect talking about its weaknesses (combat is a bit simple and people don't like the hack-esque Witcher vision Geralt has).

In all honesty the combat isn't bad. They're expecting the combat from a game where combat is the primary, and I mean, PRIMARY, focus like For Honor in a massive open-world action RPG. Witcher 3 hits the perfect level of difficulty (quite easy) for combat for a game where you kind of just want to explore the world without worrying about being superbly good at some ultra complex fighting system

People are just reactionary
>>
>>381084123
It always amazes me how console Lads are willing to pay full price + for HALF the frames and quite a bit of graphical downgrade. I will never understand
>>
not japanese
>>
>>381084123
>>381084279
The combat isn't even bad. Its better than the combat in the Elder Scrolls games. No one on /v/ complains about the combat in TES anywhere near as much as they do with the Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 is popular so /v/ will shit on it because it isn't as good as their less accessible weebshit
>>
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of /v/ likes the game. The combat is average, and the detective vision is stupid, but his a lot more going for it that makes up for that. There's a reason it's considered one of the best games of the generation. It's comfy as fuck too.
>>
it is just as bad as Skyrim in every regard except for superficial things like graphics, animations and voice action. i don't care if people like it but it is nothing more than an above average game. and far from above legitimate criticism. don't bother doing all the side quests, they aren't all that interesting and its a quick way to get bored of the samey gameplay.
>>
>>381085967
>>381085612
this , the combat is fine. it's not meant to be next level shit and has just enough complexity to give you options mid battle but easy enough for you to not get really frustrated over it like in dark souls or something. it's not acse where the combat is so bad that it makes the game shit or anything.
>>
>>381086234
OP this is an example of a severe reactionary attitude towards Witcher 3. Note how they have to mention "i don't care if people like it" and that it's "far from above criticism"; they're trying very hard to pull the average reception the game has in a negative direction by comparing it to whatever trash they can think of and criticising things that most people in the thread have praised.

You don't want to have this sort of negative attitude when you play games. The Witcher 3 is very enjoyable and will give you many hours of fun.
>>
we're comparing this to skyrim now?
>>
>>381086234
>implying combat is as bad as skyrim's
I hate throwing this word around but that's objectively wrong. You can stalk your opponents in stance in the witcher 3, roll, dash, and dodge, sprint and lock on, and hitting enemies actually has feedback when it matters, plus you've adrenaline as well as stamina lol. also the game doesn't have level scaling and there's a far greater variety of enemies. i hate that i'm dignifying you with a reply.
>>
what's so bad about skyrims combat? Haven't played that either, only games i played in this genre are dragon age inquisition and arcania gothic 4, and the latter was so bad that i had to quit after a few hours.
>>
>>381087237
Skyrim's combat is just extremely shallow. They didn't really separate the instance of exploration from the instance of combat, except for the fact that you draw a weapon. It's just you really awkwardly and clunkily flailing a weapon around at an enemy who never staggers and is just moving around you without really focusing on you aside from being programmed to aim directly where your player actor is. In The Witcher 3, it puts you into a more appropriate mode for fighting that doesn't occur when you're out of combat.
>>
>>381086958
Dunno people keep saying that but just add immersi creatures, revenge of the enemies, Ordinator+Apocalypse spells, Combat Evolved, Ultimate combat, TK dodge or wildcat or something and the combat already becomes much more entertaining.
>>
>>381087237
Skyrim's combat is just outright better with mods though that's not much of an achievement.
>>
>>381087237
>only games i played in this genre are dragon age inquisition and arcania gothic 4
Skyrim is unironically better than those two.
>>
>>381085967
I beg to differ anon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.