[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this 14,95€ in a Game store near my house, is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: doom_4-3297314.jpg (108KB, 580x723px) Image search: [Google]
doom_4-3297314.jpg
108KB, 580x723px
Found this 14,95€ in a Game store near my house, is it worth that price, /v/?
>>
If you enjoyed oldschool doom or are into Platinum games it's worth it for full price honestly.
>>
>>381082260
never played the originals, is it a bad idea to start with this one instead?
>>
>>381082260
Platinum as in the developer or 'platinum' as in finishing 100%?
>>
>>381082165
No. I got the game for 25 bucks day 1, and I loathed it. People shill it as "return to roots" and "real oldschool shooter", but it's the polar opposite of all that. It's literally a Bethesda mess for consoles.

>>381082517
It is. What kind of mega pleb has NOT played original Dooms at this point??
>>
>>381082165
its a very fun play through and you should put it at the highest difficulty you can.

you can charge the pistol, went through most of the game without realizing that.
>>
>>381082517
It's not a bad game, but the originals are far superior, mechanically.
>>
>>381082517
Get the .WAD files of Doom 1 and 2 anywhere you can (EXCEPT the shitty Doom3:BFG Edition, as those're censored), and slap them into a modern source-port software, like the ZDoom, to play them in modern resolutions and controls.

NuDoom is nothing alike the originals, unless you count the superficial similarities like being FPS games + you shoot demons. They jammed in "cinematic" trash and upgrade trees, just for the heck of it. Oh, and FP-platforming sections with insta-kill bottomless pits.
>>
>>381082165
Got it for 13€ brand new at GAME and really liked it. It isn't that similar to older Dooms but I still enjoyed hell out of it. Play on highest difficulty and just have fun.
>>
>>381082260
>into Platinum games
what the fuck are you talking about

>>381082165
It's very mediocre. If you like shit like CoD or Wolfenstein TNO where it constantly shows your hands off just for the sake of doing so then you might like it.
>>
story is half finished.
but yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ
>>
>>381082823
>>381082668
why on highest difficulty? is it more fun this way?
>>
>>381082165

Brought on day one as long term doom-fan.

Even got my retrofag brother buying it and he dont buy post 2005 shooters as modern shooters are shit.

Its worth a playthrough
Its worth a playthrough at least
>>
>>381082979
Thats the only way it has any semblance of difficulty
>>
>>381082165
It's the original doom except with more brown, postprocessing, ebin parkour, and dubstep.
the fact that anyone on here defends it shows how far /v/ has fallen
>>
That's a good price for it.
>>
File: 1497184087237.jpg (1MB, 1713x2512px) Image search: [Google]
1497184087237.jpg
1MB, 1713x2512px
I remember seeing an in-game map editor in some trailer, is that still in this ps4 version?
>>
>>381083960
You ever played Halo? It's the same as Forge mode.
>>
>>381084015
nope, never had an xbox, what I was expecting was something similar to the TimeSplitters Future perfect map editor, where you place the enemies, the barrels etc... is it like that?
>>
>>381084213
Yeah, but worse and more restricted.
There's a good reason people don't mention the MP and Snapmap in D4 threads; they're the absolutely worst aspects of the game, whose SP already is a monotonous slog filled with memes.

I would honestly just play Doom 1, 2 & 64, then look up the thousands of mods. DOOM4Doom is literally miles better D4 experience than this Bethesda butchering. For a "nextgen" AA Doom4, play the vastly superior Serious Sam 3.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.