[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't sony want cross platform play? they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 2013-07-16_174218_5963908.jpg (35KB, 640x335px) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-16_174218_5963908.jpg
35KB, 640x335px
why doesn't sony want cross platform play? they're only going to lose playerbase, clearly the reasons they gave were bs, so what's the deal
>>
>>381080342
Is the PS4 version even getting the super duper texture pack update? Lmao @ playing minecraft not in 4k in 2017 if so
>>
They think their own audience is too bad to interact with other groups, in case NeoGaf wasn't any indication.
>>
Lose playerbase? Anyone that would actually let Minecraft be a deciding factor in what console they want is too young to be in control of the console choice or purchase.
>>
>>381080342
Because Sony know that Normalfags are the major audience, and they adopted the PS4 the same reason people adopted the 360.
With cross-play on multi-plats, because it's guaranteed to extend to games like CoD at some point unless Sony/Microsoft keep up the early DLC stuff, people will just buy whichever they want and still play with their buds.

Sony wants to prevent that to prevent the loss of their market lead.
>>
>>381080342
>implying ps4 didnt win all the wars with one fucking title announcement
>>
>>381080342
Because they're "ahead" of Microsoft this time around. It's just common business practice.

Microsoft pulled the same stunts last gen when the 360 was ahead of the PS3, and it's certain they would have refused crossplay if Xbone was ahead this gen too.

Eventually, the tables will turn and Microsoft will push ahead of Sony again. And then Microsoft will do dick-ass moves and anti-consumer policies all over again.

Then Sony will push ahead, do the same thing, etc etc

These big corporations will continue doing this until the end of vidya
>>
>>381080528
>Nintendo making sequels to popular franchises is lol rehash bing bing wahoo
>Sony literally remastering the same game again and again is great though
>>
>>381080702
i dint even mention nintendo you fucking autist. kill yourself
>>
>>381080702
To be fair, SotC is the only game that actually deserves a true graphics remake.
>>
File: 1497644878187.gif (2MB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497644878187.gif
2MB, 500x440px
>>381080528
>Nintendo had this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qgOeXbFQ9U
>Sony had some shitskins with Sitars
All about the progressive development, right?
>>
Because they are lazy and struggle to make a system that isn't a huge pain in the ass to work with/on.

That is why.

Back when I played Warframe on pc, the sonyfags had to wait months for updates because Sony's extremely archaic and hamfisted certification process that was really fucking slow and dumb, and the devs or warframe kept trying to send them stuff and Sony was like "maybe we will get to it whatever"

I dunno why people are so surprised Sony is doing something awful. They've been doing this dumb shit for like 5 decades or so.
>>
>>381080528
>implying it will be a good remake that won't run like ass like TLG did
>>
>>381080342
If you have large majority why would you let the others join?
Want to play together with your other friends who own PS4, buy one too.
Business as usual.
Microsoft was bitching and moaning about this because their online lobbies were empty so they pretended to be champions of openness.

Don't expect large corps to do what's best for you, they'll only do what's best for their business while pretending that all of their decisions are for your convenience / protection.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.