[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shit game doesn't get Greenlit and doesn't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: lsdriver steam direct greenlight.jpg (204KB, 1438x1320px) Image search: [Google]
lsdriver steam direct greenlight.jpg
204KB, 1438x1320px
>Shit game doesn't get Greenlit and doesn't get on Steam
>Steam Greenlight is killed and replaced with Steam direct
>Shit game is now on Steam

Thanks Jim Sterling and his c.u-c.k fans on /v/

How is this an improvement again?
>>
File: sterling.jpg (355KB, 1900x1211px) Image search: [Google]
sterling.jpg
355KB, 1900x1211px
Because being a fat, reactionary cuckold is better for your YouTube career
>>
Greenlight just had a bad reputation (spawned by retards like Sterling and /v/). That's literally it. It was a great way to filter garbage out.

Now Steam Direct exists and there's no filter anymore. You know how I know Direct is worse? Because developers haven't complained about it.
>>
>>381075621
>>381076090
/v/ shat on greenlight because it was a joke most of the time, tell me what kind of quality control lets that shit animal kart memegame pass.
What /v/ wanted was a better service, not to get rid of it completely.
>>
>>381075621
you are missing the point
now the game gets into the market, but the dev can't cash on card if the game is not played
that way, many faux devs will abandon the marketplace all together

>before
you need your game to be greenlit.... so you gift keys, do all sorts of faux giveaways....
then the game launches, you send the keys, and grab the cards money
the game is literally trash

>after
you pay your way into the market, to cash on cards (you have already lose money)
people check the game is trash and just use idlers.... the cards don't drop, and your scam scheme is over
>>
>>381076419
The money yoi pay for greenlight is the same amount for direct though
>>
what the fuck am I even looking at?
>>
>>381076356
That's what I wanted to, but /v/ seemed to love throw the baby out with the bathwater rather than doing something as simple as only letting mobile phone enabled accounts vote or having 500+ games in your account
>>
>>381076562
i forgot you had to pay greenlight, but that shit was a one time pay only
Steam Direct is per game, boi

in a way i am happy with this, because it will get the cards value up again, to 2013-2014 standards (33cents per card)
now with all these faux devs, cards are rarely 5 cents a piece
>>
>>381076419
what are you even talking about
>>
>running out of internet
Have you tried not trawling for trash
>>
>>381076920
all this shit about greenlight getting closed is because people launched faux games promising keys for votes
the dev gets a cut from every market transaction, so they were releasing games just to cash on Card money
>>
File: 12484531342.png (118KB, 320x302px) Image search: [Google]
12484531342.png
118KB, 320x302px
>>381075621
Have you tried just not buying the game you don't like? It works for me.
>>
>>381077184
But Valve removed that trading card incentive on newly released games - so just keep Greenlight
>>
JUST
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.