[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to like this game but holy shit, its so bland and boring..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
I want to like this game but holy shit, its so bland and boring.. Does it get better, at all? I really like the whole fake out in the begging but the game just falls fucking flat on its face after that.

Also Phantoms have to be some of the worst enemy design I've ever seen.
>>
>>381075616
its a walking sim

its alien isolation without the aliens

its a spider stomping sim
>>
I'm finding it interesting.
>>
I'm 20 hours in and am enjoying it, but you seem to do the same things over and over again.
>>
its bethesda what did you expect
>>
>>381075616
>>
>>381076854

Why? I like the setting, but everything else is fucking sucking. The Gloo gun is neat.

I'm also actually having a hard time, Phantoms kick my ass and I run out of ammo for everything so fast. I'm also confused at how to get to my objectives. I have to turn the power back on to get into these rooms but I have no clue where to look. I kind of want to restart but don't want to go through the entire beginning again.
>>
>>381075616
>I want to like this game
Why?
The opening sequence and the plot twist after are the highlight of the game. I knew it was going to be a bad game once i saw that the mirrors don't work. I dropped it 3 times, each after 1hour.
>>
>>381077158
People like you is why games have markers out the ass and giant tutorial walls
>>
This is worst arkane game. Very boring and very easy.
>>
>>381076995

That sounds awful, is the story any good? What keeps you playing it?
>>381077162

I like the setting, and the game doesn't FEEL bad. It's smooth, runs nice.. But once again all this "freedom" of combat and I'm already running into 3 different types of grenades...?

They keep saying Bioshock in space but at least the different powers in that game felt varied.
>>
>>381077162
>mirrors

Kill yourself you memeloving fuck. If you unironically give a shit about mirrors instead of something the devs should actually spend time on then you really are a problem and need to be solved in the most effective way possible.
>>
File: 1497109280144.png (80KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280144.png
80KB, 686x686px
>>381077158
>I'm also actually having a hard time

What the actual fuck
>>
>>381077239

I'm usually not like this, but I played this game way too many times late at night and would just stop when I was about to pass out. I ended up getting really turned around and don't remember where everything is because I've also been playing it like 3-5 days between sessions. I knew I should just restart but still.

Also, the weapons are garbage.
>>
>>381077346

Stuck, don't know where to go, low and supplies so fighting enemies becomes tough. Yeah I can sneak past but I have no clue where to find what I need to go to and I didn't want to have to look up a guide.
>>
I actually found the game too spookey. I want to give it another chance but i closed the game a few days ago after encountering a few mimics near the start of the game.
I wish that i wasnt such a pussy.
>>
File: laughs.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>381077351
>would just stop when I was about to pass out

>>381077426
>I have no clue where to find what I need to go to

These are the people who don't like the game?
>>
>>381077752

Why has no one yet to tell me WHY they like the game.

Really makes you think.

>>381077671

Are you out of your mind? I get spooked my everything but this game is a fucking joke. Theres nothing interesting or scary about mimics at all, they are so god damn boring to skill. Phantoms are even worse. The enemy design in this game is an absolute joke.
>>
>>381075616
bland and boring people find everything bland and boring
>>
>>381075616
Arkane went to shitter after Dishonored 1. They were blinded by their success and got lazy.
Thus, all their games after Dishonored 1 were garbage.
>>
>>381077962
>Why has no one yet to tell me WHY they like the game.

Because you haven't said why you don't like it.

>hurf durf its so boring
>wow thats lame
>what an absolute joke

Lmao faggot, you actually think you are communicating anything but your dislike here.
>>
The worst thing is the combat. It's just so unbelievably boring and spammy.
>>
>>381077973

Every other Arkane game has been way more interesting and fun than this.
>>
>>381078163
I disagree. I really like the exploration elements here.
>>
>>381078262

What do you think of the enemies.
>>
>>381075616
The game is good, my game of the year so far.
Shitters are too braindead to enjoy it.
>>
>>381078327
Needs more variety
>>
How do we fix nightmare?
>>
>>381077158
Get right up into Phantoms' faces. Don't let them hit you with that dumb ass orb, or you'll die.

I don't know what rooms you mean, but you can either go around (most cases) or turn the power back on at the power station (look for a maintenance hatch)
>>
>>381078327
They're alright. Nothing special.

Pretty good when you're weak, especially the ones that teleport around everywhere, but like all these games with character upgrades, they get weak as fuck as you grow.
>>
>>381078327
hard enough on harder difficulties
they look the smae though, behave slightly differently
love telepaths trying to save mind controlled
>>
>>381077162
There's a reason the mirrors don't work.
>>
>>381078105
Combat can be as exciting as you make it to be.
You can breeze through with the shotgun and call it a day or be a bit more imaginative and have fun with powers or the environment.
>>
>>381078396
hide
>>
>>381077262
>That sounds awful, is the story any good? What keeps you playing it?
Not so far. There's just not been much to it. There have been some interesting stories/info about some of the crew members though - especially Annalise and Danielle.
I also decided I would do something a bit odd, and see how it played out (still haven't seen it, if it does at all). I told my friend, who was a bit further on, what I did, and he asked if it ruined the game (like messages coming up in Morrowind). It hasn't, so I want to see the outcome. My friend also said the ending somewhat redeems the game.

The game plays alright, a part from some bugs and a couple of other issues I have. I don't think it's a great game or anything, but I don't feel the need to stop playing - so it must be doing something right. Bear in mind that I'm also going at a snail's pace - I don't think I've done the main objective in 10 hours, and have just been exploring lots of areas that were open for me (usually containing plenty of areas that aren't open). If you just stick with the story then maybe it would feel much more fast paced.

Enemy variety is rather disappointing so far - there is no need for the different types of phantoms (for example), it's just 'standard/easy' phantom and 'hard' phantom.
>>
Calling the game boring because you didn't bother exploring the possibilities is like going to a restaurant, ordering the same thing every time and blaming the restaurant for being boring.
>>
>>381078792
if the restaurant doesn't have anything that catches my attention apart from that one course it is bad. How am I to appreciate the other dishes if they never even reach me?
>>
So do Arkane hate the idea of characters looking attractive, or at least not-repulsive? I don't even mean for waifus or anything - the guys don't fare any better. I thougut it fit the art style and world of Dishonoured, but I don't see why it's in Prey.

>>381078105
It reminds me of this
https://youtu.be/C1eEl86rXsc
>>
>>381078929
You never ordered them
>>
>>381075616
no it doesnt. quit while you are ahead
>>
File: nightmare endgame.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare endgame.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that the game is only hard at the start when you don't have psychoscope and resources
>>
>>381078929
>if the restaurant doesn't have anything that catches my attention apart from that one course it is bad
It your fault for not having an ounce of curiosity to try out new things.
The game is boring to boring people.
>>
File: Prey 2017-06-11 00-15-12-35.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017-06-11 00-15-12-35.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
It never gets better. If anything it gets worse as time goes by. The station gets flooded with coral making it incredibly difficult to see and waves of respawning enemies with backtracking up the ass. So if you had any side quests accruing they become an incredible pain to do.

Also fuck the ending.
>>
>>381075616
Does this have anything to do with the other game by the same name with the drunken indian guy?
>>
>>381079423
No.
It's a reboot/rebrand of a dead IP.
>>
>>381079407
>Hates ending
>Has shit opinion
Checks out
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>381075616
The level design is amazing but the fact you get only 3 guns and fight like 5 enemies types makes it just not a very good game.
I mean technically there is more guns, but crossbow is more of a injoke that does no damage and can press maybe 3 buttons, and glue gun is fucking useless for anything other than building stairs.
Shotgun should have had 3 ammo types, elemental ones, same with pistol, and glue gun should have had also different modes, like continuous firing, building walls in front of you, that plop shit etc.

This is more obvious when you look at enemy descriptions, they have different weaknesses like explosives, fire, electricity, psychic etc. But you have only one fucking ammo type, all is generic bullets.
What the fuck is the point of elemental system if you dont have elemental weapons?!!!
>>
>>381079495
And its shit i assume?
>>
>>381079526
It's good.
>>
This game is boring to underage or 22 years old "gamers!" who were fed with call of duty shooting and exposition.

I bet you'd find System Shock 2, Thief or HL1 boring too.
>>
>>381079504
People with actual taste play System Shock and avoid this garbage like the plague.

There's not a single positive aspect to this game at all except maybe the GLOO cannon if I'm being generous.
>>
>>381079507
>What the fuck is the point of elemental system if you dont have elemental weapons?!!!
Because you have elemental powers.
>>
File: 2809887-8010129621-maxre.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2809887-8010129621-maxre.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>381079507

>>381079605
When was the last time you played System Shock? Go on, do tell
>>
>>381079507
>The level design is amazing
Yeah right until the point where there's fucking coral everywhere and you can't see 5 meters in from of you.
>>
>>381079659
>When was the last time you played System Shock? Go on, do tell

I play both games once a year. You probably weren't even alive when the original came out in 1994. Go on, try to deny it.
>>
>>381079731
>I play both games once a year
Sure you do
>>
>>381078468
SPOOK
>>
>>381077262
>>381077158
>>381077351
>>381077962

You fucking pleb shitters fucking disgust the fuck out of me. And by you pleb shitters I mean the OP same fagging, asides from
>>381077158

If you find that you are running out of ammo quickly, just gitgud literally. Stop wasting ammo on Mimics, especially when you know there is going to be a room of them, fucking drag them to some turrets. A single one? It gets stun locked. A few? Gloo + Kekwrench. Don't have the hacking repair neuromod to get some turrets? You must have some leverage right? Get them to a door and throw a big ass crate at them. Don't have leverage? Fucking have a Typho lure device? Lure them to some gas pipes and literally light them the fuck up, or to a power junction and shoot it. There are so many ways to undergo combat (I typically just end up going full Typhon because it's fun as fuck). You're a complete shitter retard and NONE of the above options are available? You can fucking gloo gun yourself out of most sticky situations. I finished my hard play through and I'm on my nightmare right now.

I get the feeling that the plebbers who think this is too hard are the ones using their fucking shotgun for everything. Look, you're going to become strong as fuck late game, the early game would've been something you missed if you were actually good at video games. Pay attention to enemy weaknesses shitter scrubs. At least hold out until you get the psycho-shock Typon ability and then you shitters will finally stop being raped

Also lack of ammo literally how on ANY difficulty mode. Are you literally JUST walking towards the objective markers for the main missions as well as being a "I guess I'll just use this one weapon for the rest of the game and not even consider any of the numerous alternatives that they literally fucking bash me over the head with" plebshit?

cont.
>>
>>381079682
Thats very last part of the game. I liked the idea, but i thought they could have done more with it.
Biggest thing that stopped them seems to be the fact there are loading screens, so you can never fallow one strand across the whole station.
>>
Game is pretty fun at first, but it becomes a chore as you get further in, mobs respawn whenever you change zones, that fucking asshole bulletsponge mob that spawns every 20 minutes, unending military operators.
>>
>>381079617
>Because you have elemental powers.
Only, and even if, you max out the alien tech tree.
And even then you will have 1 or 2 different elemental powers for most games until you have more skill points by the end.
You should have had elemental ammo from the first 15 minutes.
>>
File: prey_typhonables_0004_Layer_1.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
prey_typhonables_0004_Layer_1.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>381080042
>Only, and even if, you max out the alien tech tree.
Sure.
>>
>>381079178
That's a lot of bananas.
>>
>love first few hours until about Chapter 2: Detour and GUTS, lose all interest, skip all side quests because I have game completion anxiety
>by the time I got to restore backup the whole thing is stressing me out, don't know how much longer I can take this, everything becomes a fucking procedural fetch quest and door unlocking
>after scanning coral I just give up, uninstall the game and read the ending online
>do this with almost every game nowadays

I don't see why every modern game needs a tedious 5 hour third act, that's when I want to see the ending most

Also I already knew the whole thing was a simulation because some anon leaked the plot months before it was even announced
>>
>>381080385
Sounds like you are an autist.
>>
>>381080385
Think you might have ADHD
>>
>>381079886
I feel you on that one.
The amount of players who feel lost the moment you give them freedom is astonishing.
>>
>>381080681
'Freedom to explore' is bad design
Different endings are a fucking meme as nobody in their right mind would actually replay a game as tedious as this. They should honestly have a feature where you can select at what time you would like the game to end so instead of making you go through annoying levels it just shows them as cutscenes to fit the time you selected.
>>
File: 1497782729847.jpg (42KB, 495x573px) Image search: [Google]
1497782729847.jpg
42KB, 495x573px
>>381080881
>'Freedom to explore' is bad design
>>
>>381080937
Artificially expands gameplay time
Or spoils the ending if you wander into the wrong thing (escape pod)
It's good for some games but not story driven games
>>
File: 1489848252194.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489848252194.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>381080881
>'Freedom to explore' is bad design
>>
>>381077004
do people not understand the difference between publisher and developer anymore?

you fucking retard
>>
>>381081961
>publisher tampers with the game more than the developer
>>
>>381080881
I'm not sure what you mean by bad design. Making a game that supports multiple play styles is difficult.

>>381081961
Publishers would prefer it if you didn't know.
>>
Where do I get the "regular" shotgun. I don't want this DLC pre order bullshit ornamented one.
>>
OP here, I'm considering restarting now.

Phantoms are just not fun to fight though, like really really not at all. I think they are single handily killing my fun in the game.
>>
** DAILY REMINDER **

Most of /v/ fell for the hype that was created by Bethesda's HUGE marketing campaign... People fell for this, like some dumb pigeons or sheep. It's truly sad.

Please, please, please, skip this shit game, and don't look at /v/'s retards saying "zomg best game ever, even better than System Shock 1, Deus Ex, Witcher 1,2,3 hurrr", while in fact, the game is a linear casual piece of crap... like every other game in 2017.

Just skip that shit, and grab some REAL good games on the Steam sale tomorrow.

P.S: I actually fell for what people were saying here, and I spent $60 for the game. I regret it to this day. /v/ went full retard on this one.
>>
>>381084417

I pirated it.
>>
>>381084417
>HUGE marketing campaign

The fuck are you talking about
I didn't know its SS spiritual sequel until I pirated to see what the fuck this is.
Ended up being breety good.
>>
>>381084021

I just can't find where to restore power, it told me once before and I turned it off. Now I need to turn it on again.
>>
>>381079984
>>381079507

Pretty much this so far, and it makes me not want to continue.
>>
>>381084215
Security station in the lobby.
>>
>>381080385
Video games are not for you.
>>
>>381085713
I like forza
I think prey was just too tense for me
>>
>>381084417
Fuck off retard, game's good
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.