[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they make "historical" video games that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2017 gaming.png (76KB, 1056x1673px) Image search: [Google]
2017 gaming.png
76KB, 1056x1673px
Why do they make "historical" video games that are categorized and tagged as such, but change the demographics to something unrealistic, just so that it reflects modern ones? What does this contribute to the game?
>>
>>381072994
people are crying about call of duty ww2 still? the devs said the campaign has no women or black nazis. The multiplayer lets you create a class, it's not just random characters, people create their own character, skin color, badges, hair color blah blah etc
>>
>>381072994
I am a pretty autistic history buff and it doesn't really bother me. As much as I like accuracy, I do have a soft spot for historical fiction.

Now for every "We wuz da saviors of the Sudetenlan" and Field Marshal Ayisha al-Mohammad, most decorated war hero at the Anzio Bridgehead, we get cool shit like Fatherland, Man in The High Tower, and to a lesser extent Crusader Kangz.

My only gripe is the smug sense of self-satisfaction the devs and publishers are taking and don't get me wrong, I understand people like be are not their sales-base, and they are profiting and shiting on the topic I love the most.

I don't remember where I was going with this one...
>>
>>381072994

Media is entertainment, not history. Did you like the movie "Braveheart"? Did you know William Wallace had a beard, didn't wear a kilt, and didn't fuck the king's son's French wife?

If you want history, go to the library. It's where they keep all the books.
>>
>>381073162
Cool. Now what about BF1?

>>381073634
There's nothing added to the game by depicting European armies from 100 years ago as black women. What is actually gained? I get historical fiction, but not this.

>>381073683
If it's fiction, then it should be labelled as such. But these games are literally tagged with the word "Historic".

And no one who is semi-serious about History thinks Braveheart is accurate. We also know that Kilts didn't even exist at this time, and that blue face paint belongs to the ancient picts who precede those scots by 1,000 years.
>>
>>381073683
>Media is entertainment, not history

then why are women made ugly? thats not entertaining and realism cant be an argument because as you said its not history ;^)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.