[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kind of wish they had kept the original design for Kraid. it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Kraid-zmbeta.jpg (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Kraid-zmbeta.jpg
12KB, 240x160px
I kind of wish they had kept the original design for Kraid. it looks more like the one in Super and the lava makes the boss at least somewhat challenging, instead of what we got.
Also, the Crocomire sprite looked dope as fuck. Had they implemented that as another boss fight, it would go a long way to fill out the game a bit.
Either way, do you agree with me that this is the better GBA game overall? I've been replaying it a lot recently, trying to find different routes and seeing how much you can sequence break it and it's pretty enjoyable. Not as open as Super, but definitely not as restrictive as Fusion. Controls are tight too and the game just feels really fast and snappy.
>>
>>381070837
>MARIO HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY FAMILY VACATION
>>
File: boss_kraid.gif (27KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
boss_kraid.gif
27KB, 480x320px
I thought Kraid looked badass as fuck in Zero Mission instead of his triple chins in Super.

Still a fucking fatass though.
>>
File: 1455821435291.jpg (574KB, 587x978px) Image search: [Google]
1455821435291.jpg
574KB, 587x978px
I've seen a whole lot of Metroid threads since the new games were announced. I guess many anons are either revisiting them or playing for the first time. That's cool. I hope you all are having fun. I'm replaying Prime 1 myself.

This series means a lot to me. So I'd like to see the return of comfy late-night Metroid threads. Those were the best.

I was hoping Breath of the Wild would bring back the late-night Zelda threads but that didn't happen.
>>
File: latest.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
5KB, 256x224px
Does Super imply that we only beat a copy of Kraid in the original Metroid? Since the game has a smaller fake Kraid that's the same size as Kraid in Metroid for the NES.
>>
>>381070837
If Super happens after the events of 2 and 2 happens after the events of 1, how are Kraid and Ridley still alive in Super?
>>
>>381075341
same reason we fight ridley so much, the space pirates can more or less cheat death
>>
>>381075341
Ridley becomes a cyborg to help augment his healing progress and going by Prime the prick is night indestructible.
>>
>>381070837
that doesn't look anything like the super design
>>
>>381075602
is his vision augmented?
>>
>>381075341
Ridley and Kraid jsut got hella fucked up in the Metroid/ZM, they weren't killed. They actually were killed in Super though, Ridley got brought back via DNA silliness in Other M then killed by the Queen, you find his dried out husk in the fridge in Fusion and an X parasite clones off of it but it's not the real Ridley cause he's long dead at that point.
>>
>>381075728
How did he survive getting blown up in the levithian in prime 3? I mean guess if prime isn't canon it doesn't matter any way
>>
>>381075936
prime isn't canon
>>
>>381075936
Prime was never canon it goes

Metroid/Zero Mission
Return of Samus/AM2R/Samus Returns
Super
Other M (fucking deal with it babbys)
Fusion
>>
>>381075014
Zero Mission retconned his size.

Ridley and Kraid didn't look ANYTHING like they did in Super in the original NES Metroid.

Kraid was this brown hairy goblin pig man, Ridley was a goofy bug with multiple eyes on his head and a vacuum cleaner for a mouth.
>>
>>381075972
>>381076046
Don't they take place between 1 and 2?
>>
>>381076593
not anymore
>>
>>381074407
Yeah, after seeing Samus Returns, I got this strong itch to go back and replay the 2D games to see if I still like them as much. I've played through Metroid 1 and Zero Mission and started Fusion last night.
The first game is the one I'm torn about. On one hand, it's a pretty ambitious game that did really interesting things, but gameplay wise it really isn't all that great. Zero Mission though, is spectacular. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed playing it again. I remember always preferring Fusion, but now, some 10 years later, it's clear as crystal that this is my favourite of the two. It has such a satisfying game pace. You feel really quick and nimble and the game is still fairly open, despite subtly locking you away from certain areas.
Fusion so far is still pretty much the same, but the emphasis on story and linear, segmented level design really hurts the game, in my opinion. It also doesn't help that all environments are essentially the same, since it all takes place on a research station. It's a pretty novel concept, I guess, but seeing the same metallic corridors with various forms of flora and fauna gets a bit old. Still fun to play.
I really wish someone would make a light mod of Fusion that lets you completely skip dialog and increase falling speed.
>>
>>381076862
why though
>>
>>381076993
They're canon. Multiple official sources put the Prime games between Metroid and Metroid 2.

He's probably thinking of an interview with Sakamoto. He says something along the lines of "I consider the Prime story not integrated with the other Metroid games." Which most likely means he considers the Prime games to be a side story.

Also this interview was from a Spanish Nintendo magazine and may have been poorly translated from Japanese to Spanish and then into English.

Finally Sakamoto doesn't necessarily have the final say on what is or isn't canon. Many writers have contributed to the Metroid series over the years. Though he does seem to be credited in most of the games.
>>
>>381076993
Blame Other M

Other M made the prime games not be canon
>>
>>381076351
>muh concept art and poorly done licensed media
the official 1986 manga has pterodactyl head ridley
>>
>>381078935
>bad game made good games non canon
That's somewhat infuriating
>>
>>381076593
Yeah but it's getting a bit silly now with Federation Force and Prime 4, especially since they already chronicled Ridley and the Spess Pirates recovery between Zero Mission to Super.
>>
>>381079583
I believe Prime 4 may conclude the Prime Series. Then they can finally Move on to Metroid 5. Put a nice ribbon around both stories and then possibly start a new Saga with Samus.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.