[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Mass Effect Andromeda still end up selling well despite the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: mass-effect-box-art-1.jpg (108KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-box-art-1.jpg
108KB, 960x960px
Did Mass Effect Andromeda still end up selling well despite the disappointment?

Does the series name have enough power that they can have a "failure" and still have no trouble making another one?
>>
Without checking, my expectation is that it will have done.

I'd say ME3 was the one that proved they no longer have any writing talent whatsoever, but had enough characters and story concepts left over from ME1 to just about carry it, and Andromeda was the first to demonstrate that without that, they can't do shit.

A lot of people will have had to buy it to have their faith truly taken away.
>>
ea already announced they put the series on ice a month ago.
>>
It'll be a while until they make another one.
>>
>>381070169
Probably not as long as we think.
>>
>>381069916
>enough characters and plot ripped off from Freespace 2
fixed
>>
>>381069786

>studio got folded in
>main bioware is working on their new IP

lol
>>
>>381070367
EA have Star Wars now, they don't need Mass Effect
>>
>>381070851
What's Bioware's new IP? I haven't heard about this.
>>
>>381071346
Not Destiny
>>
>>381071346

Anthem. Google it up. Looks pretty but forgettable otherwise.

We'll see, i guess.

Regarding Andromeda, the studio got assraped and mass-terminated/moved to other projects. Sequel never.
>>
>>381071346
Anthem which is pretty much >>381071414
>>
>>381071494
Hopefully this is true, I shouldn't have had faith after the ending of ME3 and the giant fuck you to the internet that came up with a story that made more sense than what the writers put out.
>>
>>381070998
Between TOR and nu-Battlefront, EA's done everything they can to ensure that even the Star Wars brand isn't enough to convince people to buy their games.
>>
>>381071660

Just google it. The Andromeda studio did get gutted and essentially destroyed forever. Also, tangential proof in that Andromeda is already seeing -50% price cuts for "sales" on Origin and elsewhere (PSN).
>>
>>381071494
Haven't played Andromeda but does it end in a way that expects a sequel? Because that would be annoying if they just left the Mass Effect series unfinished like that.
>>
>>381069786
>Did Mass Effect Andromeda still end up selling well despite the disappointment?
Not really. It sold something like 3 million copies and that was way below EA's estimates. If the game was considered a success BioWare would be shitting out DLCs instead of firing their staff.
>>
>>381071843
Yes.
>>
>>381071843

Yes, it is essentially 'sequel mandatory' type narration. Unfortunately. I actually didn't hate Andromeda completely ,despite the SJW Shillery and absurdity throughout and the open-world-memery.

It wasn't as bad as everyone pretended. It just wasn't nearly as good as any of the original titles.

Oh well.
>>
>>381071905
They're still releasing patches for the game.
>>
>>381071930
Well it's probably going to end up with a sequel then.
>>
>>381071843
Yes but honestly it's not too terrible of a cliff hanger to end the series on. Yet the way it ends leaves it wide open for sequels, while still being easy to fill in the blank if they don't.
>>
>>381071660
>He's still mad about the meme ending.
Every Mass Effect game ended self contained. I swear I'm the only person on the planet who wasn't insulted by the stock choice ending.
>>
>>381072004
I have a bit of a mixed feeling about it.
On one hand, I really like this game, but on the other, it clearly was rushed out and that shit should not fly.
So, I'm happy that EA got burned on it, but at the same time, I'm sad that it didn't do so well.

>>381072027
In that case, I hope they learned from their mistakes.
>>
>>381071537
looks more like the division
>>
>>381072265
I don't see why it wouldn't at least bother you that they used the exact same cutscene three times with literally the only difference being the colors of the explosions, and they presented this as if it were an actual choice.
>>
>>381069786
>end up selling well

There are no figures about Andromeda's sales because EA doesn't divulge them, anon. Not even to their own shareholders apparently. Everything you've heard is guesswork and estimates.
>>
>>381074982
Perhaps... guesstimates?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.