[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn. This game seems to be getting worse every day. Was it really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 55

File: Not a real monster hunter.jpg (75KB, 658x505px) Image search: [Google]
Not a real monster hunter.jpg
75KB, 658x505px
Damn. This game seems to be getting worse every day. Was it really worth it? Now you get "monster hunter" on home consoles, but it's only monster hunter in name. Nothing of the original games is left.
>>
Hunter arts and styles were fucking trash though. Not defending worlds though, but I hope if Nintendo or whoever releases MH5 it doesn't have styles or mounting
>>
>>381066906
mounting is here to stay. it ain't leaving.
>>
>>381066441
Fucking salty nintendo fags still salty about this game.
>>
>>381067204
"salty nintendo fags" will play it in 60 fps on PC you drone. It's still looking like the game is going to be utter trash.
>>
>>381067204

Why do you assume people only own a Switch and nothing else?
>>
File: annoyed-dude-come-on-l.png (41KB, 962x1073px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-dude-come-on-l.png
41KB, 962x1073px
>>381066441
>not monster hunter
>you kill monsters
>you take their parts
>you build weapons and armours from said parts
>not monster hunter

???
>>
>defending gimmicks arts

Fucking Nintenbros
>>
>>381067463
Wow anon, looks like 50% of video games today are monster hunter.
>>
>>381067463
Fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>381066906
>Whoever releases MH5
This IS MH5
>Originally, it was going to be called “Monster Hunter 5”, but the development team really liked the name, “World”
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/capcom-says-monster-hunter-world-for-other-platforms-is-basically-monster-hunter-5/
>>
>>381067240
>can't even qoute correctly

>>381067463
>literal Leshit

this is the state of /v/
>>
>no more "adept" and "brave" players.
Good.

HAs weren't that bad. Except the evasion ones.
>>
>>381067625
>can't even qoute correctly
You are the one greentexting shit that I never said. You literally can't quote for shit.
>>
>>381067240
>>381067329
It's obvious it's them. They were fine with animu hunter arts and shit, but not fine with World. Fucking misinformation spreading faggots, that's what they been since the day it got announced.
>>
I almost wish this game was coming out on switch too so there wouldn't be so much falseflagging, misinformation, and general deceit regarding MHW
>>
>>381066441
isn't this what everyone hated about generations?
>>
File: 1355607455850.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1355607455850.png
261KB, 500x500px
>>381066441
>Thinks not having a brand new feature that was only in the last game and that most people didn't even like to begin with makes it "only monster hunter in name"

Please stop talking about shit you know nothing about, newfriend.
>>
>>381067861
Everyone hated generations and sales are going to be better than World.

A lot better.
>>
File: 1485118956902.png (41KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
1485118956902.png
41KB, 300x273px
>>381066441
>people are surprised that a mechanic from a spin-off title was removed
>>
>>381067726
because what I'm doing is character quotation

literally greentexting you shitspit
>>
>>381068124
Sorry but you fucked up. You literally can not quote for shit.
>>
>>381066441
I've been playing monster Hunter side the ps2, even got a psp and 3ds just to play more monster hunter. Real fans of the game are excited for this new chapter. Those who aren't are Nintenbros upset they only getting xx
>>
As someone who hasnt played any of the games, can someone give me a quick rundown what are hunter styles, arts, sharpening and flexing?
>>
>>381068231
no
>>
>>381066441
In all honesty I love the series so much that i'll play it on any console if I have it, and I've had many sony and nintendo products so I'm excited because I haven't played an in home console MH in so long, not since PS2 I recall.
>>
>>381068231
As someone who hasnt played any of the games, you are free to fuck off.
>>
>>381066441
good. I hate the styles anyway. Generations is the only MH where I stopped playing not even mid game due to the styles
>>
>>381068281
>>381068443
Makes sense why nintenbros are so buttblasted over MHW.
>>
>>381068440
Actually take that back, since Tri
>>
>>381068505
MH isn't just on Nintendo consoles. Are you retarded?
>>
>>381068505
we're not going to spoonfeed you so you can shitpost about games you don't give a fuck about, turbonigger
>>
Just look it up in the mhx wiki
>>
File: 1460940364065.jpg (29KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1460940364065.jpg
29KB, 400x558px
>>381066441
Hunter arts was the worst thing that ever happened to this series. They were obviously trying to pander to the shounen market in Japan but it ended up feeling forced and out of anachronistic. Similar to recent monster designs in X.

Glad to see that shit go. A lack of loading zones is enough of a change to really breathe new life into the series.

T. Monster Hunter 2 veteran
>>
>>381068626
And the fanbase turned worse as soon as it left the playstation consoles.
>>
>>381068231
Hunter styles and arts, in short, just added a bunch of wacky anime moves to a relatively grounded and slow-paced game.

When you fight your weapon's blade dulls over time so you need to sharpen it regularly to keep damage up.

And whenever you healed, you would stand still and spend about two seconds doing a goofy flexing animation. It was designed this way to punish you for being too hasty and healing in a bad spot. They removed the flexing and allowed you to move while healing in Worlds and it's causing a bit of a hubbub.
>>
>>381068752
>. Monster Hunter 2 veteran

opinion disregarded. only Tri fans opinion matters
>>
>>381068772
Whatever faggot. Go have a cry.
>>
File: 1493001482894.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1493001482894.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>381068835
But tri/3u is my favorite game
>>
>>381068859
I'm glad that the new MH isn't on a nintendo platform. Maybe that unfucks the fanbase again. I mean xbros, pcbros and sonybros are looking forward to a great game while some bitter cunts sit here and cry like faggots.
>>
>>381068772
And now that it's leaving, they are showing their true colors. So much misinformation, hate and lies spread about this game. With each day new information comes out that proves them wrong. Fucking toxic as motherfuckers. I thought you nintendo fans were better than this.
>>
X was the biggest mistake in the history of MH, because it's spawned retards who actually think arts/styles and all that anime shit should be in the series.

You need to fuck off.
>>
>>381066441
>Say in a thread game has regenerating health
>Buh buh you liar, mad nintendork, buy muh game, t. Capcom marketer
>Turns out it was true
Defend this, assholes.
>>
>>381068653
I watched the e3 trailer and that 20 minutes video and decided that ill be buying this game day one. It kind of looks like a mix between original two lost planet games and dragons dogma, which i enjoyed greatly and still play them. I was just wondering what those things i asked were because i seriously havent following these games earlier. But anyways, fuck off to you too nintentodler.
>>
>>381068231
Fine, if only to stop some shitposting.

>Hunter styles
These were a brand new feature in Generations. Essentially you would pick one, and you would lose access to certain moves, but gain other new ones. The idea was to make it so each player could have their own distinct way of playing the game.

The problem with this is that people already had their own distinct ways of playing, so this was unnecessary. Furthermore, certain styles are literally just better than others for certain weapons or monsters, so it didn't even really lead to more freedom in playstyle which was the whole point to begin with. Also some of them were blatantly overpowered, like Adept Style, which basically gave you a bayonetta-tier dodge and made it pretty facerolly, removing a lot of challenge and reducing the need to know the monster's behaviors, which is the entire point of the game. TL;DR They made the game less fun.

>Arts
These are basically just super moves you charge up and then press a button to use. There's a style dedicated to them. Basically they're just big flashy moves that have extremely good effects. People like to whine that these are "too anime" or whatever but those people are stupid. The real reason they're kind of bad is because they feel tacked on and aren't interesting to use.

>Sharpening
The amount of damage you do is multiplied by your weapon's sharpness. As you fight the monster, your weapon will get duller and duller and you'll do less and less damage until you eventually start just bouncing off the monster, doing nothing. You can restore your weapon to max sharpness by using a whetstone, which takes a few seconds and locks you in place.

>Flexing
When you drink a potion, you completely stop moving and do a somewhat lengthy "flexing" animation where your character does their best superman impression. This is to make healing more difficult in the middle of a fight, because it forces you to find an opening to do it.
>>
>>381069031
>all that anime shit

Anon, the players carry around swords bigger than them.
>>
>>381069056
MH has always had regenerating health though
>>
>>381068965
>toxic
Go back.
>>
File: 1467707298516.png (32KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1467707298516.png
32KB, 808x805px
>>381066441
DAMN.......................... IT'S NOT FAIR................................. BROS..............................................
>>
>>381069056
Source it then.
>>
>>381069103
>it forces you to find an opening to do it

Not really. Since you can just leave the area and chug away.
>>
>>381069056

>Regening health is true

Where? The shit quality gameplay I saw didn't have regen health outside of red health, which has always been regen.

>>381069110

Yeah, but they actually have weight to them and practicality to how they're designed (even though they're not humanly practical).

Adding all this anime slash once and do 1000 cuts or flip flopping around with a hammer needs to be kept away forever.
>>
>>381069056
It literally doesn't though? At least as far as I've seen. You got a source there fella?
>>
>regenerating health
>grapple out of any situation
>auto travel to camp to switch gear mid battle
>fucking machine guns
if you are defending this game for any reason you are retarded
>>
>>381069252
More misinformation spread by those faggots. Ignore.
>>
>>381069219
If you leave the area whenever you need to pop a potion you are genuinely just shit at MH and should stop posting
>>
Sure is incredible how far people are going to trash what is one of the most exciting games in the series. This has been a long time coming and it's incredible.
>>381068231
Styles and arts were both introduced in the newest game, MHX. Styles changed different aspects and moves and focused on specific things while denying access to others. Like one gave you big bonuses after dodging on time but had less moves. Hunter arts were basically super moves with elaborate flashy animations and the damage to back it up. Both were apparently terribly balanced and didn't mesh with the rest of the game's systems and style.
Each weapon has different levels and amounts of sharpness, the sharper the blade the more damage done and you can attack harder areas without bouncing off. Attacking lowers it and you use items midquest to refill it.
Part of the healing animation included a flex after you're healed. The long animation is meant to make you choose when best to heal. From what we've seen it's been removed and you can jog while using it. People are worried, and while this is probably the one thing that actually warrants some concern, most are viewing it in a vacuum and forget that the areas are seamless now, monsters are even more agile, and we haven't fully seen how aggressive they get. It'll probably be fine.
>>
>>381069321
defend my dick from your ass, sexy
>>
>>381066441
>no styles or arts

Game redeemed, day one buy.
>>
>>381069219
I already hit the comment character limit, obviously I'm not going to get into the full nuance of everything he asked about. I'm just giving him a general idea of the thought process behind it. Plus, sometimes you're not close enough to a zone wall and the monster is on you, forcing you to focus on dodging it until you get a second, or how you can't run out of the zone during arena quests, etc.

"You can just run out of the zone" does not make the mechanic irrelevant, and it doesn't excuse healing while running, either. Stop posting this handwaving shit over and over.
>>
>>381069103
Thank you anon for explaining these. Still looking forward to thus game. Hunter styles and arts sound like something i like to play without and sharpening and flexing seems something i really dont care are they in or out.
>>
>>381069348
>you are genuinely just shit at MH and should stop posting

But you can do it anon. There isn't even any drawbacks apart from a few seconds of loading time.
>>
>>381066441

good, nintendo fag here, hunter arts and styles fucking sucked ass. who cares that its on a different console. you're posting from a pc, play it on pc and stfu
>>
>>381066441
>Doesn't have anime skill unlocks
>Worse

I don't get it
>>
>>381069504
>"You can just run out of the zone" does not make the mechanic irrelevant

It is PART of the mechanic, so it doesn't make it irrelevant.

If you fags really see such a huge issue with being able to move while chugging, then just don't bring any healing items. Just like how players would challenge themselves by going naked to a hunt.
>>
>>381069541
This anon gets it. Sorry your other nintendobros are making you look like faggots.
>>
>>381069717

i honestly dont even think its nintendo folks shitting on the game. i think its people just trying to get convo about the game started. some of the nintendo whining is obviously fake as fuck
>>
File: 1497344191660.png (496KB, 2397x698px) Image search: [Google]
1497344191660.png
496KB, 2397x698px
>>381069321
>>regenerating health
You mean red health? Like in every monster hunter ever? Go watch the leaked demo retard.
>>grapple out of any situation
New game is based on maps being more verticle. New tools were needed to address this. This is balanced out by not being able to cheese into another zone to heal.
>>auto travel to camp to switch gear mid battle
You mean like a...farcaster? Retard. Gear switching is now necessary due to multiple monsters constantly on map.
>>fucking machine guns
>if you are defending this game for any reason you are retarded
Sure bud
>>
>>381068772
>the fanbase turned worse as soon as it left the playstation consoles

I recall all the MHFU fans being quite faggy when it left the playstation consoles.
>>
>"It's another contrarian faggot episode"
>Hunter arts listed as a reason for MHWorld sucking

Never mind it's a shit post
>>
>Styles and Arts
>Good
Please no.
>>
>>381067861
The shitty quest progression and gear balance is what people hated.
>>
File: lvbk5gccboo80.png (188KB, 1280x1187px) Image search: [Google]
lvbk5gccboo80.png
188KB, 1280x1187px
>>381066441
Monster hunter wasn't portable-exclusive until 4.
Besides, World is closer to Monster Hunter than Generations or XX are.

Almost all casualization of the series was done under the Nintendo product line.
Now you can finally pay for your sins.
>>
why do nintendo babies have to cry so much?

literally the worst fanbase
>>
Why are people saying regen health? Monhun has always had regen health. It's the red health. There are even skills and items that improve how fast it regens. The leaked vid had the hunter drink a potion while moving though. It seemed to look like how you heal in Dark Souls 2, where you just slow down instead of coming to a complete stop. Now it doesn't look as if it slows you down as much as Dark Souls, but the animation itself is longer. I personally wish flexing was still in, since it was kinda funny and made you look for openings, but this new way of healing also seems to force you to look for an opening to heal just like Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>381069809
>machine gun
Forgot to mention that whilst you praise hunter arts, you shit on what is obviously a heavy bowgun special move. I guess the SA is a shit weapon for having a charge blast a well?
>>
File: angryguildmarm.png (411KB, 387x876px) Image search: [Google]
angryguildmarm.png
411KB, 387x876px
>>381066441
No Marm
No Buy
>>
>>381069702
>It is PART of the mechanic
It's not part of the healing mechanic, it's a byproduct of the way the environments are designed, fag.

>If you fags really see such a huge issue with being able to move while chugging, then just don't bring any healing items. Just like how players would challenge themselves by going naked to a hunt.

Yeah maybe while I'm at it, I should play blindfolded and wear oven mitts. That sure would make the game better.

It's not my fucking job to design the game. If they fill it with shit I don't like, I'm just not going to play it.
>>
>>381066441
>No styles or arts

You this say like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>381069956
That and the annoying deviant system.
Why is all the deviant shit so good and non-deviant shit so bad? Why the fuck do you expect me to grind to absurd levels for it? (even more so than normal MH) WHY FUCKING CAPTURE QUEST IN IT???
>>
>>381069526
But sitting through two loading screens sucks.
>>
>>381070236
Most Deviant stuff is ass, it's just Hellblade and Dreadking that has a lot of generically useful equipment.
>>
>>381069175

why would nintendo fans be mad about this?
>>
There's nothing wrong with arts or styles. There is something wrong with one art or style being obviously way fucking better than anything else available. Which was usually adept in X and brave in XX
>>
>>381070374
Between GQs and Deviants, I'm getting real sick of this "hunt this thing 100 times to level it up so you can actually get useful shit from it finally" bullshit they keep shoving in.

I really hope World does away with this blatant worthless filler. Just let me fight the relevant one right away, jesus christ.
>>
MHW seems to be the game that gets /v/ triggered really bad. What was the last game that got /v/ this salty? I can't even remember. Personally I'm more than happy that this game is coming out for PS4. I have wanted to try these games for so long. Day one for me, migjt even pre-order even tough I don't gain anything from it.
>>
>>381070535
They always bragged that it was a Nintendo exclusive
>>
So in MH4U guild hall quests, do you need to do a certain number or can you just replay them over and over to rank up?
>>
>>381070579
Bayonetta 2 absolutely destroyed /v/. The amount of salt was phenomenal.
>>
>>381070614

I think you might be a little confused anon
>>
>>381066441
Actually by originals, I'm going to assume you mean Monster Hunter 1 up to Freedom Unite. After that, a lot changed.

But to be fair, Every monster hunter INCLUDING World has had all of the features of those games plus new additions except:

>Shitty hitboxes
>super mechanical AI
>monsters that stay in zone for all of 10 seconds making you chase them endlessly

So unless you're defending that shit as "monster hunter" then you have nothing to argue about. Worlds has every major feature of the old games, plus more. Just like Tri did, just like 4U, just like Generations. If you though all of those were monster hunter, then what the fuck are you on about? Or is this really gonna be the norm on /v/ now? Just crybaby bitching over literally nothing because it's #NotMyMonsterHunter.
>>
>>381070140
The machine gun function is an ammo type. All the live demos called it an ammo type.
>>
>>381066441
Wasn't those features disliked by players or something? Why are you even complaining?
>>
>>381066441
What was the last game that gave /v/ this level of asshurt?
>>
>>381070374
Well I shoulda been clearer, "why are the good deviant weapons and armor miles above the other crap in game (for blademaster)?"
Silver narga is good set wise and has some good weps, dread queen armor is amazing for online with death prize or something similar and the weps are decent, snow baron lagombi weps are the only choice for ice weps (uka and gammoth are raw).
The others are trash though, my selective memory geez.
>>
>>381070708
Because World exists the Nintendo diehards suddenly have to defend all the shitty changes Generations made as "core Monster Hunter mechanics."
>>
File: 1495504065845.png (445KB, 358x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495504065845.png
445KB, 358x750px
>>381070579
>What was the last game that got /v/ this salty? I can't even remember.

Pic related
>>
Nintenbros in full damage control already.
>>
>>381066441
Friendly reminder HAs and styles are exclusive to a series of spin-off games
>>
>>381070567
It's a symptom of them trying desperately to look like they're innovating despite being locked to assets from two generations ago. Remember when 20 was the highest HR? With them having more room to make true additions to the game, they also have the opportunity to dial that in a little and keep the game more focused.
>>
>>381067463
So I guess Monster Hunter is coming to the Switch when they release the Skyrim port.
>>
>>381066441
arts and styles were poorly thought out, poorly balanced, and sometimes just completely fucking stupid.

Good riddance.
>>
>>381066441
Nintendo fag here, stop making the L even worse... Just take it on the chin and move on.
>>
>>381069809
You have to edit this

>Nintendo
can stay as it is
>xbox and ps4
together in a cuck shed with the low res monster hunter
>PC
fucking the 4k 60 fps Monster Hunter
>>
>>381068802
>They removed the flexing and allowed you to move while healing
Is that true? How is the movement speed while you heal? Because if you can just move 2 steps while healing might as well not have removed flexing at all.
>>
>>381066441
Arts, and styles are retarded.If i want to play phantasy star i will play phantasy star.
>>
File: 1497844378755.webm (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1497844378755.webm
1MB, 1080x608px
>>381071028
>>
>>381070579
Anytime an exclusives jumps ship there is massive butthurt.
>>
File: 1357672442473.gif (87KB, 256x306px) Image search: [Google]
1357672442473.gif
87KB, 256x306px
>>381070939
>Game comes out
>Locked to 30fps
>Performance and stability issues out the ass
>Denuvo
>Maybe a fan-made patch to fix it, but that causes its own issues and/or is surrounded by drama
>MFW

Every time.
>>
File: open-ended objective.jpg (84KB, 610x863px) Image search: [Google]
open-ended objective.jpg
84KB, 610x863px
I haven't played MonHun in a while, what the fuck is a hunter "style" or "art" and why are all these newfags of the series acting like they're a series mainstay?
>>
>>381071028
It looks slightly slower than the standard run speed but the heal takes the same amount of time to complete.
>>
>>381070939
>4k
>>
>>381071178
>MT Framework
>being a shit port
Anon
>>
File: 1478533248488.png (134KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478533248488.png
134KB, 372x334px
>>381071126
>thought it was just walking while chugging the potion
>notice the stamina bar going down
>chugging while at almost full fucking speed
>that run animation is also shit
>>
Why are Monster Hunter fans so goddamn conservative? It's okay for a series to add new features and improve on old ones. You don't want to be playing the same, clunky old mess forever do you?
>>
>>381071178
>MT Framework
>Runs on literal black magic
>Bad port
Lmao
>>
>>381071393
Because Capcom crushed the hopes and dreams of all hunters when they killed the PS3 game to go to Nintendo so all that's left is people who have been squinting at a 240p screen.
>>
>>381071178
What was the last PC port of their game? Outside of Street Fighter which was a fucking debacle on all fronts.
>>
File: 1463728238357.jpg (786KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1463728238357.jpg
786KB, 1280x1707px
>>381071178
>MT framework
>An Engine created by a Jap who went to Alabama and sold his soul to the devil at a crossroads for an amazingly stable engine
>unstable

bad news dude
>>
>>381071393
You could use the same dumb ass bait to defend dark soul 3's anime weapons
>>
>>381071307
Honestly, I'm getting it on PS4 because I don't want to wait, but I still hope the PC version is good. I'll definitely get that too if it is and the game turns out to be good.

I just get a huge case of Schadenfreude whenever it happens because hurr durr pc mustard tards are so fucking smug and arrogant.
>>
>>381071393
The previous games have added features, for better or worse, without completely butchering the core mechanics in a terrible cynical attempt to pander to retarded westernfags.
>>
>120 posts
>60 unique IPs
So another falseflagging/shitposting thread?
>>
>>381071393
Not sure, you still have people who defend MHFU and the PS2 ports, like their not outdated garbage.
MH4U came out and these oldfags STILL believe PS era was golden age.
>>
Hunter art removal is fine, not expanding on or integrating hunter styles in a balanced way is not.
>>
>>381071606
>every person is only allowed to post once
Yeah. Fuck discussion. We live in a world where you break the rules if you post twice in the same thread.
>>
>>381071563
PS4 for exclusive weebshit content because Monster Hunter always has whacked out shit like Fate or Shonen Jump crossovers.

PC I can just cheat my character to the same state as my PS4 character and play with PC friends.
>>
>>381066441
Thank god, all the other styles (cept guild) were shit compared to brave style, and that one was just silly as hell.
>>
>>381071606
OH NO! Every person in this thread on average is posting TWO TIMES
>>
>>381066441
>no hunter arts and styles
so it just got better?
>>
>>381071592
>arts and styles that destroy the balance are somehow worse than more realised versions of things that have been the main facets of the series, like better ways to use and traverse the environment to hunt monsters.
>>
>>381071729
>tfw I've posted 3 times
Cucking some nerd is great.
>>
>>381071592
> butchering the core mechanics in a terrible cynical attempt to pander to retarded westernfags.
Jesus, how can you retards be so lunatic and dishonest is beyond me. Just don't bitch when more and more people will point you out as one of the worst fanbases of this shithole.
>>
>>381071563

Imagine seeing the world like this
>>
/v/: we fear change.
>>
>>381071712
Exactly.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_172602.png (207KB, 720x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_172602.png
207KB, 720x898px
>>381066441
This is MH5, it's been in development for 4 years now. It's made by the main team. All of this has been confirmed. It's not coming to Switch because development started way before the Switch was even conceived, Sony didn't pay anyone off. Their plan has always been to bring MH back to consoles with the biggest MH ever. It's not an experiment, it's a necessary and natural evolution of the franchise, two generations overdue.

Take your Nintendildo salt elsewhere, it's not our fault you bought an underpowered tablet that launched midGen.
>>
File: PDW8pq3.jpg (160KB, 1844x1210px) Image search: [Google]
PDW8pq3.jpg
160KB, 1844x1210px
>>381071178
>denuvo

But multiplayer is a huge appeal. Who the fuck pirates games with good multiplayer.
>>
>>381071780
Everybody shits on arts and styles, you complete retard. They didn't allow you to walk while healing, completely fuck up area design, or add retarded 30 second scripted scenes where monsters completely ignore while adding them. A complete shit addition, but they did nothing to ruin the base.
>>
Just annoyed over lack of Cross-Play since SF V has it. Felt Capcom could have convince Sony to allow it.
>>
>>381071534
the souls series has always had dumbass anime weapons tho?
>>
>>381066441
This game isn't for you if you're a hardcore monster hunter fan. It's for normies that have never touched it because that's where the money is. If this shit actually sells well you better believe the next one is going to be more streamlined. I have no doubt it'll at least be a decent game, but this is likely going to be Monster Hunter's Oblivion, and the one after will be its Skyrim.
>>
>>381067329
Because if you did, you wouldn't be bitching about it not coming to Switch, you wouldn't have boldly bragged about MH never coming to PS4, and we wouldn't be having tons of videos on YT from salty fanboys saying Capcom betrayed Nintendo, and everyone saying they hope it flops.

We all know that by Nintendo + PC, you truly mean potato, because you spent all your money on overpriced Nintendoshit.
>>
>>381071937
You do know that especially co-op games work with pirated copies more often than not these days, right? If you only want to play with your friends then pirating is a pretty good way. EDF for example worked with smartsteam.
>>
>>381071178
mt framework games perform better on PCs than on consoles
>>
>>381071817
You don't have to imagine. Go into literally any thread about a high-profile japanese game and you'll see plenty of it.

>PC VERSION FUCKING WHEN
>Consolebabbies
>Enjoy your 30fps 720p!
>TFW glorious 4k 144fps

etc etc.

Hardly any PCfats actually talk about the GAME. It's basically all shitposting and dick waving about specs.
>>
>>381071978
Only way to do that would have been PC/PS4 release and cut out xbox all together. Sony doesn't want to let PSN users interact with Live users which is totally justified now that it's being exposed that Microsoft is requiring people make live accounts to play cross platform.
>>
But that's a good thing
>>
>>381072078
Yeah but its such a fucking hassle. Most people aren't patient and or poor enough to not just buy the game, especially if its good. That's why multiplayer games sell better on pc by a vast margin
>>
>>381071980
>tho?
No, faggot
>>
>>381072110

Imagine taking those posts seriously.
>>
>>381072183
>Yeah but its such a fucking hassle
What? No. You start the game and smartsteam is literally a fucking bootleg copy of steam. You do the exact same shit as you'd do in regular steam. You invite your friend and the game plays normally.
>>
>>381068965
>toxic
My sides. Fuck off back to league faggot.
>>
>>381072263
Yeah but my friends dont have smartstream. My friends also aren't poor
>>
>>381071126
Well shit.
>>
>>381072343
Look at it again.

>same animation length
>heal over time
>stamina is running out while healing
>>
>>381072217
Imagine taking 60% of the posts in this thread seriously.
I wonder how many copies this game will actually sell. Will people in these threads actually back up their claims and buy the "best" monster hunter game this series has seen?
>>
>>381071970
Looking at the heal change in a vacuum again, pretending to know how the areas are all designed, and some sort of rambling about something that's not there to boot. Wonderful example you've made of yourself.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (101KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
101KB, 500x266px
>>381072212
yes
>>
File: wow.png (23KB, 1291x127px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
23KB, 1291x127px
>>381072343
>>381072343
I don't see what the big deal is. Monsters have better ai, can Chase you indefinitely, and your number of potions is still limited. Id wait to see more gameplay before jumping to conclusions
>>
>>381070321
But you wont get hit anon. Literally no downside faggot.
>>
>>381067240
>"salty nintendo fags" will play it in 60 fps on PC you drone
Lol no you won't, PC+Nintendo is a falseflag.
>>
>>381072419
The stamina running out makes me think that's the "sprinting" speed.
>>
>>381072490
Also its a delayed heal so you can't spam it while getting railed on like people are whining about. Healing while moving also seens to take stamina
>>
>>381072658
Makes sense since he was in full sprint before that.

I really hope the demo on the 20th clarifies some of the contradictory statements made on scout flies though. One demonstrator said scout flies run out and you'll have to collect more over the hunt, while the other said you have to replenish them at camp.

Either way though it sounds like it was confirmed that scout flies are replacing both paintball and psychoserum.
>>
>>381067240
>"salty nintendo fags" will play it in 60 fps on PC you drone.
What part of "spamming a meme won't magically make it true" you don't understand?
>>
>>381066441
>>381066441
Friendly reminder that only shitposts and drama threads get replies on /v/ and the actual Monster Hunter community is excited for the game.

Ignore this thread and move on.
>>
>>381066441

Good the old game was shit
>>
>>381066441
MHGen/XX are anniversary spin-offs made by a C team that were co-developed alongside MH4. The styles were an experiment, an that experiment failed. Good riddance.
>>
>>381072603
>>381072779
THIS. Nintenbabbies can't afford to use their mommy's credit card to buy them a gaming PC.

>>381072798
>>381072802
Salty nintendofags detected. Can't wait for MHW to outsell every single monster hunter game that was on any shitendo console. 5.5 million sales atleast.
>>
>>381072126
Isn't that just for Minecraft? But I have no real clue on Live games.
>>
>>381072672

I never played monster hunter before so feel free to tell me to fuck off, but that animation is way too fast, the character should at least be reduced to a slow walk while drinking the potion.
>>
>>381070201
Doodle!
>>
>>381066441
>oh you want you favorite game series on console?
>ohhh you poor thing are waiting for years haha >sry still to many stupid people that buy this garbage on handheld so it make no sense to waste money on aaa production values lolol
>wait what hzd is borderline monster hunter!??!?ok ok shutuup already you get your stupid console game
>there you go your favorite franchise on console... we just changed a couple of things you stupid idiot hahah ,,|,, o_O

Monster hunter always was shit and will always be shit.
>>
>>381072912
You that when you falseflag so hard you are only confirming what >>381072603 said, right? Of course you don't.
>>
>>381070786
Muh dick
>>
>MH4U, best game in the franchise, never got a console port to free it from shitty portable control hell
Saltier about this than MHXX being region locked desu senpai
Buy a PS4 or be PCtendo, you're not a fucking 18 year old with no money right?
>>
>>381072953
It is very fast compared to the other games, but in the other games it was very easy to run away into anther zone to heal/whetstone/buff, whereas in this game that is not possible. The monsters also seem to be far more fast/aggressive and their ai is better overall.

The delayed heal also seems to be slower than other games, meaning you won't be able to spam heal when your gettinf wailed on.
>>
>>381073238
Considering MHW is leaning hard on the gimmicks of 4 you might as well consider World as a pseudo-remake.
>>
Hunter arts were a mistake
>>
File: z6w988l_d.jpg (137KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
z6w988l_d.jpg
137KB, 595x842px
>>381071193
Didn't even post the vidya related version.
>>
>>381072775
To be honest that and the recovery taking longer should already put fears to rest. It seems like it's pretty much egg carrying speeds, and evading with eggs is tough and a skill in itself.

By hunt the guy could have just been referring to the quest. Either way despite uninformed bitching they're already better and more involved than the other methods ever were, which is only a good thing.
>>
>MHX/MXX comes out
>"HA and styles are shit!"
>MH5 in announced and there will be no HA or styles
>"This is not a real MH!" "Give us our HA and styles!"

Salty faggots don't even know what they want anymore
>>
File: 1477270230689.png (111KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1477270230689.png
111KB, 500x380px
>>381066441
>no more skimpy clothing for males
>>
Monster hunters been trash since tri sorry its a constant downwards slope and you're finally noticing.
>>
>>381073875
Says who?
>>
>>381072490
I'll take your word for that, so far I'm only worried about the unlimited farcaster but I doubt that's going to shit my day. So far so good I guess.
>>
>>381066441

>No Hunter Styles or Arts

This game landed back on my radar
>>
>>381073832
We've seen moves ripped straight from XX already. If hunter arts are "gone", they've just been moved into the weapon's regular moveset.
>>
>>381073832
What's funny is that MHX and XX are SPIN-OFFS. Styles were never meant to make it into a mainline MH like World.
>>
>>381074171
The new moves weren't the problem, the insanely broken Aerial/Adept dodge animations were. With Aerial, you could take out any monster without getting hit once while toppling it over and over and over and over, and Adept makes you invincible by giving your dodge roll several seconds worth of i-frames.
>>
>>381073985
I think most people carried around a farcaster anyway, but it'll probably work better with the more open areas and involved tracking. Hell, the bed might actually see some kind of use finally, though you still have to make the trip back to the monster.
>>
>>381068231
Basically people like >>381068802 bitch about the fact that the game gave you more branching styles to play with each of your weapons. Monster hunterr HAS to have the same formula,if it isn't exactly the same then that is an issue for players. There are people ITT who treat the game as a fighter competitive game where somehow dealing more damage or doing more stuff is detrimental to their own skill or fun.
>>
>>381074325
And brave was the worse of them all
Literally everything is an i-frame into a counter
>>
File: 1402767030781.png (21KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1402767030781.png
21KB, 207x239px
Can we stop pretending zones are because of a core design philosophy instead of hardware limitation and somehow taking the next logical evolutionary step into making the quest zone one map is somehow and for some reason, bad? Mad nintenbabbies cry "I-Its casualized westernized trash!" while at the same time defending probably the most scrub abusing thing in the series which is fucking zones.

This is truly some backwards ass thinking.
>>
>>381074837
>can roll backwards out of an attack like it's fucking dark souls
>can turn around in the middle of a GS charge
>can cancel potion drinking
Defend this.
>>
>>381074980
>can roll backwards out of an attack like it's fucking dark souls

No exactly a roll, but... [SPOILERS]EVADE LANCING[/SPOILERS]
>>
>>381075137
Anon, ctrl+s, try it.
>>
>>381075170
Thanks anon, fucked up hard up there
>>
File: 1485076441681.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
1485076441681.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>381069321
Guess what anon

When it comes out, I'll buy it, I'll play the shit out if it, and I'll have a shit ton of fun while doing it. And the best part is you faggot cant do anything about it
>>
>>381066441
Go back to sleep Nintenbro!
>>
>>381069321
>regenerating health

Any proof of this or is it another "not a MH" meme?
>>
Hunter arts were not an improvement in any way. If this game is just MH3G with bigger maps I'll be happy.
>>
File: laff1.jpg (77KB, 720x338px) Image search: [Google]
laff1.jpg
77KB, 720x338px
>>381069321
>muh purist vision of this game must be preserved or I will autistically screech until mama delivers my tendies
don't worry, lil lad, you can still play your hardcore version of the game on your DS with all your fellow autistic lil lads.
>>
>>381074980
Don't mind if I do.
>can roll in one more direction on top of the three already, giving more options to consider against the more aggressive monsters
>can already turn during the combo, but now you have more control to use your attack which still requires much positioning and timing, weapons getting slight buffs happens all the time
>excuse me?
>>381075535
Another meme. Not only has red health regenerating been a thing since MH1, but we saw the gameplay and real regenerating health isn't a thing.
>>
>>381075704
More options and control aren't necessarily a good thing. Restricting a player's options is where challenge comes from.
>>
File: 1457607595954.jpg (55KB, 378x566px) Image search: [Google]
1457607595954.jpg
55KB, 378x566px
>See the trailer
>Somewhat upset that it looked like they're going in a retarded action heavy direction
>See the leaked demo
>Realize Capcom is just retarded at trailers and the game still looks like it'll keep a lot of what makes Monster Hunter, Monster hunter
>Can't wait to play it at a great framerate and resolution now without having to play the Chinese knock off version
>>
>>381075698
>hardcore
>3DS
That's the beauty of it, most people scrambling for things to hate on are those that started played later. Just about everyone I've seen that played on PS2 (including me) sees this as a dream come true and a real advancement that's been a long time coming.
>>
>>381075840
Ever thought that maybe, maybe, MHW isn't meant to be challenging? It doesn't have to be to still be a good game.
>>
>>381075840
The monsters' movesets and AIs were enhanced, so more mobility seems like a good thing for now.

I'm still expecting a rathian having a counter tail flip vs a hunter using the grapple on it while it's flying
>>
>>381076035
>The monsters' movesets and AIs were enhanced
They weren't. Anjanath is an exact moveset clone of Deviljho, except ridiculously slow and with extremely low damage. Monsters still fight pretty much the exact same way as before.
>>
>>381075840
At times yes, but keeping restrictions for no reason when other aspects are changed just hampers gameplay features and more avenues for skill development. These new options were added specifically to address and work alongside the other changes made to the game. The positioning is still there, but being slightly off was just a pain in the ass, plus this allows people to be more sophisticated with their targeting. That's also only one way to derive challenge from a design.
>>381075963
ur a faget
>>
If MHW doesn't have a demo, that's when we'll really know that this series is fucking dead
>>
>>381075840
And they aren't necessarily something to autistically shitpost about. It depends on how well balanced the game will be, which, guess what, will be actually known only while playing the game. So far the only evident thing is that they are only TWEAKING some things, and you fuckers are having a aneurism because of that. Let's face it, you are nothing more that autistic screaming idiots.
>>
>>381076142
Well, you can't give that many moves to a pickle with legs to start with

I also didn't see the Jho's stomp spam in the trailer, was it shown doing this in the demo?
>>
>>381076268
It had one at E3, nothing downloadable for now tho
>>
>>381076142
We haven't even scratched the surface of his moveset. He has wings and fire breath on top of what we've seen, and the damage was almost certainly reduced for the demo. And lest you forget Deviljho is a higher ranking monster
>>
I just want my CB's guard point into Super/Ultra again
>>
>>381076490
Did they seriously take that out in XX?

t. only got into CB after goint back to 4u
>>
>>381076490
They took it out since mhgen, I've not touched XX
>>
>>381076664
meant to reply to
>>381076631
>>
Whats all the demo on 20th? Capcom release a video or can we download it?
>>
i'm totally new to this series, although i always liked the idea behind the MH games. that cam recorded gameplay footage looks awesome and seeing how nintendoh's are reacting to it just reassures it.
>>
Out of curiosity, did the soul fans bitchsperg about the little gameplay additions and differences Bloodborne had as hard as the #NotMyMonsterHunter fags are doing?
>>
>>381077038
They are just acting bitchy because they can't understand the switch can't handle the new MH, and are calling it "not a MH game" because it lacks what they were bitches about to begin with.

It's gonna be an awesome game
>>
>>381077174
Souls player here, nah, just nintendofags being little bitches

Complaints about DS2 changes to combat were had tho because they were kind of significant, but that's all in the past now.

If anything, Bloodborn is just seen as faster paced
>>
>>381077174
No. Souls games were still on the same platform as Bloodborne. Nintendofags are in full damage control and assault mode.
>>
>>381077174
My memory is shaky but I don't think there was as much bitching before release since most people understood it was taking a different direction. After release though there's tons of people that shit on it for things they don't understand. Blood vials are a common point in that regard.
>>
File: Crowsolo.jpg (52KB, 386x480px) Image search: [Google]
Crowsolo.jpg
52KB, 386x480px
>>381066441
this will be a breath of fresh air for the series though. We've been playing the same game with VERY minor tweaks for the past 10 years bro
>>
>>381077204
The switch can handle the game anon, the MHXX port runs on the same engine, MT frameworks. The engine can also run on the Wii U
>>
>>381076664
>>381076716
Well that's pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>381077576
Oh man so they completely removed those minor tweaks. Thanks anon, it makes so much sense now, I'm playing a totally different game!

>>381077174
See, Bloodborne was not named Dark Souls blood. If you can't see the difference you're retarded
>>
>>381077576
I wouldn't call them minor tweaks, but they were highly experimental

Who the heck thought giving Nerscylla a mecha was a good idea?
>>
>>381077595
Not shit again. There would have been compromises needed for sure, conditioning every not switch player would have been fucking stupid.
>>
>>381077576
>removing the most different features ever introduced into a MonHun game is a breath of fresh air
>>
File: 1441799301565s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1441799301565s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
can't wait to hear you all cry tomorrow when you see that Monster Hunter World IS in fact a Monster Hunter game
>>
>>381077975
what happens tomorrow
>>
>>381078068
I get a free copy.
>>
>>381077975
We already know World is 5. It's just going to be objectively worse than what it should be and it'll also fail to sell enough to break even.
>>
>>381078068
1 hour gameplay livestream
>>
>>381077921
It's ironic that I have to tell you that different doesn't always mean good. The arts and styles were unfitting additions that were unnecessary and came way out of left field in an attempt to make MH more like a character action game, while everything MHW is doing serves as natural enhancements to the core hunting mechanics that have real effort put into them to work alongside the base of the game.
>>
>>381078181
and this opinion is based on a fucking cinematic trailer. bravo
>>
File: 1417052727848.png (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1417052727848.png
28KB, 380x250px
Christ Nintenbros are pathetic. You'll do anything to sour the name of a game just because it left your company of choice.
>>
>>381078310
It's based on leaked gameplay you absolute cuck. >>381071126
>>
>>381077975
Doesn't mater, it will never be my monster hunter. I'll find something to nitpick about, and if I can't find it I'll just make shit up, or I'll twist a vague mechanic into something bad and then spam my twisted view until you admit that I'm right.
>>
>>381078220
>Different is only good when I say it is
>realism is the only way a game can be good or fun
>>
>>381078220
Gen was LITERALLY A CHEAP SPIN-OFF MADE FROM REUSED ASSETS, why does it trigger people so much? Are people that stupid or something?
>>
>>381077174
>HEALTH REGEN
>20 ESTUS ALWAYS
>QUICK DODGE WITH HEAVY SHIT
>RANGED PARRIES
CASUALLIZED BULLSHIT
>>
>>381078395
what don't you like about that? actual graphics? less clunky gameplay? enlighten me
>>
File: 1497514890269.jpg (69KB, 480x520px) Image search: [Google]
1497514890269.jpg
69KB, 480x520px
Are you ready for this hot slice of opinion?

I just want a fasion layer for my hunter so I can have the skills I want without the clownsuit

Also, I don't care about Styles and Arts anyway. I always just played Guild style because I was sure the next MH wouldn't have them.
>>
>>381078220
Pretty much.
>>381078461
He was just explaining something to that guy, chill out, if anything you are the triggered one for sure.
>>
>>381077174
I remember people being butthurt on launch due to how gimmickly the difficulty was and the watered down gear and weapon list.
>>
>>381078515
It's casualized. You can heal while moving now instead of getting punished when you decide to heal right in the monsters face.
>>
File: EDF! EDF!.png (335KB, 850x760px) Image search: [Google]
EDF! EDF!.png
335KB, 850x760px
>>381072078
>pirating EDF

What kind of monster would pirate EDF?

I bet they'd never even make it to those bugs that absolutely cannot fly!
>>
>>381078515
There is literally nothing """""clunky""""" about the current iteration of MH gameplay
>>
>>381078587
you slow down while you heal, you'll still be punished, exactly like Dark Souls 1 vs Dark Souls 3
>>
>>381078587

So casual, as opposed to
>walk to edge of zone, teleport magically to another dimension, consume items, sharpen weapon, 30 seconds of flexing and relaxing
>walk 3 feet backwards
>teleport mystically back into monster fight

HEH, really joggin the noggin
>>
>>381078530
>I just want a fasion layer for my hunter so I can have the skills I want without the clownsuit
MHXX
>>
>>381078682
Dark Souls is a casual franchise you retard. It doesn't matter what happens in a shitty ass game.
>>
>>381068802
I'm actually glad they removed that. It was super inconvenient and unfun.
>>
File: 4169gt3114.png (732KB, 602x584px) Image search: [Google]
4169gt3114.png
732KB, 602x584px
>>381078730
>>
>>381078730
>Dark Souls is a casual franchise you retard
>monhun, a franchise for jap kids is hardcore.
And that's why nobody can take you crazy fanboys seriously.
>>
>lacks a feature that was only in the most recent game
>this means nothing of the original games is left
>>
>>381078730
the only people who play mh outside of /v/ are co-op shitters and a tiny number of autistic speedrunners, dude. MH is a casual game.
>>
How do Hunter Arts work on MHXX Switch anyway without the separate touch screen?
>>
>>381078730
Ladies and gentlemen, saltfags in a nutshell
>>
>>381078942
by using the extra buttons on the Switch?
>>
>>381078449
You did a good job on making me unsure whether you're pretending to be or are actually retarded at least. MH's combat and design philosophies stem from a grounded but not strictly realistic style. This carries over into the gameplay, having DMC styles but with restrictions so you lose moves anyway, and a flashy super move that does huge damage pulls the focus too far towards the combat side of the game rather than the hunt. It has always been more about what you're fighting rather than how you fight. I don't think you'd argue that the monsters aren't the star of the show after all.
>>
>>381078587
You move at egg carrying speeds and the health isn't instant. If anything you'll be even worse off healing in it's face.
>>
>>381078530
>I always just played Guild style because I was sure the next MH wouldn't have them.

This
Styles BTFO
Let's see adeptfags trying to get into guild again with the bad habits of being used to 30 i-frames at all times
>>
>>381078701
>lol who uses potions git gud casual
elitists are cancer shitheads
>>
>>381078530
>I always just played Guild Style because I was sure the next MH wouldn't have them.
Excellent choice anon. I'm not sure about the vanity slots though. I don't know how they worked in XX but I'm not sure if I would like seeing everyone with the same cool armors.
>>
>>381079620
>this change is worse because it makes the game easier
>actually they changed something else so it'll be harder
>who even wants the game to be hard this change makes it worse
The hilarity just does not end.
>>
>>381079115
>You move at egg carrying speeds and the health isn't instant.
This. That already balances it a lot, it takes really few and simple tweaks of the monsters' AI to completely balance it.
But, yeah, who cares abut that, let's all scream together about brutal rape and make a we-want-back-our-true-harcore-clanky-mechanic petition.
>>
>>381079885
I like the way they did it in XX. Takes materials, have to do it for each armor slot individually, have to forge whatever it is you want the stats/skills of and what you want the look of, and if you want more sets you've got to forge more pieces or replace the look of the one you've already transmogged.

It was involved enough that it got me to hunt extra shit I never would've cared about and use armor I never would've forged but not so much of a grind that it felt tedious.
>>
Did they seriously remove sharpening and flexing?
If so, sonyygers and pCucks can have it
>>
>>381079115
This. Also I'm not sure about this other thing but I noticed the eating steak animation took a little more seconds than usual.
>>
>series move to Nintendo
>add features that make the game more hardcore
>series move to Playstation
>add features that make the game more casual

Considering how MH is designed for hardcore gamers, casuals will never want to try the trash that is MHW anyways. The series is doomed to die.
>>
>>381080157
>Did they seriously remove sharpening
>People who come to these threads don't bother learning before bitching
>>
>>381080197
>series move to Nintendo
>add features that make the game more hardcore
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>381079950
Don't get me wrong, the old way of healing was fine. But so is this because the game accommodates for it, like it used to for the old way with how monsters would move and target. Also "clunky" is a meme buzzword.
>>381080157
Sharpening is still in, flexing on the heal is out but I'd bet a desire sensor that it'll be in either as a gesture, when you beat a quest, eat a meal in town, or whatever.
>>
>>381080101
As long as it isn't too intrusive I'm fine with it. However, one thing I really liked about not having it was being able too get a general idea of what stats a hunter had by just looking at its armor. Like how that Barroth dude was able to run for extended amounts of time and so.
>>
>>381080197
F/a/ggot here. Monhun shows up often enough in manga. It's always portrayed as the most casual pick up and play co-op shit. Only the autistic western fanbase actually thinks monhun is hardcore.
>>
>>381066441
desu I think it's looking better, I'm getting the game day one
>>
>>381080304

Being such a virgin you know the ins and outs of a game thats hasn't released
>>381080365
Wonder how they are going to punish healing then
>>
>>381080589
Except it's already been specifically stated fag. Try to keep up will you?
>>
>>381066441

Good.

Arts and styles were awful.
>>
>>381080197
>MH
>Hardcore

MH is COD equivalent in Japan you fucking retarded
>>
>>381066441
Monster Hunter is garbage held back by shitty game mechanics, if they're changing this one that much then it might actually be a good game
>>
>>381080365
Being fine doesn't mean that it wasn't clunky and archaic. Making something that is both more dynamic and balanced is harder but it's the best solution and a clear improvement.
See, the main problem with many people here is that they won't admit those things that are getting updated weren't something perfect and untouchable to begin with.
>Also "clunky" is a meme buzzword
It isn't, and you perfectly know what it means.
>>
>>381080589
Gosh anon I just said. The movement is still slow, you can't dodge, the heal isn't instant, there's no fallback zone changing and monsters are more aggressive. And that's all we know so far.
>>
>>381080634
>This somehow refuted what I said
Fuck off loser
>>
File: 1336421685921.png (374KB, 552x564px) Image search: [Google]
1336421685921.png
374KB, 552x564px
>>381080197
>MH is designed for hardcore gamers
It's a series meant for jap kids, you fucking mouthbreather.
>>
>>381080678
How exactly was healing "clunky" in the context of the old games
>>
>>381080197
>Monhun
>hardcore

this is why weeb are stupid
>>
>>381080678
Alrighty then, what exactly do you mean when you use the terms "clunky", "archaic", and "dynamic"? If they're not just terms then you can elaborate more on how they affect the gameplay. Because at face value, it's certainly not clunky; pressing the button to use an item is as concise as it can be, and it's archaic in that it was originally conceived a long time ago but that has no bearing on the effectiveness of something doing what it's intended. Clunky is always used wrong and as a very vague description of multiple things that don't actually allude to the word itself. Very buzzwordy.
In the mean time I'll hit the other word. When you talk about balance, it always means that it's balanced FOR something. A mechanic or feature isn't just inherently more balanced no matter what. Standing still while healing was balanced by the heal occurring mid-animation and the way the monster's attacks worked. It was balanced for making you be cautious and watch for the best time to use items. That hasn't changed at all, but with the change to monsters and area, it had to be tweaked to compensate.
>>
>>381080497
>>381080656
>>381080897
>>381080993
Not him but the series IS hard, It amazes me that it sells millions in nipland. The game doesn't tell you shit and its gameplay is agonizingly slow and deliberate.Its not accessible in anyway at all, at least not unitl the latest entries, and those haven't sold more than 3rd or FU. I can only assume that japs love it because its on handheld, and have an easy time playing since they can gangbang a monster with friends while us westcucks need to it by ourselves, at least until recently.
>>
>>381066441
>Wanting the worst part of Cross
Why are nu-Nintenbro MH players the worst fucking thing to plague this game?
Just because they won't be able to play it on their kiddy toy they immediately scrape whatever barrel they can to shitpost? What a joke. Nintenbros are the worst.
>>
>>381081618
>Not him but the series IS hard
No it's fucking not. The real reason it's anti-casual because it's not a game you can just clear in 100 hours, shit, you'd probably still be somewhere in HR 5 by that point, probably even longer if it's your first time. The game's progression system is something else, as it requires a bit more work compared to others.
>>
>arts and styles
>the original games
Is this a false flag
>>
>>381066441
YES

FUCK YES

FUCK YOU XX FAGS
>>
>They're ruining Monster Hunter!\
>They're making CASUAL
>FUCK those casuals! They ruin fucking everything
Well maybe if you didn't buy the games on 3DS when it's sole purpose was to be a casual as fuck portable game then maybe this wouldn't have happened
>>
>>381080497
Once upon a time it was, but more and more it turned to cater for all those playing for the portability. Although their train rides are long enough that they'd still have time for a harder quest anyway. It's really that it just so happened to fill a perfect niche for their culture.
>>
>>381066441
>Arts and Style
So a proper MH post Tri?
>>
>>381066441

Arts and Styles were fucking gay shit introduced recently.
>>
Monster hunter whine threads never cease to amuse me. Its about time this cancerous fanbase got fucked.
>>
>>381082383
>hah get fucked with the ultimate sequel
Oh woe is us. Finally a mh game thats not on a shit console.
>>
>>381082383
I seriously agree with this. I'm a fan and started with FU, you fucking cretins had this coming.
>>
>>381066441
Wont even bother to pirate on PC.
>>
>No hunter styles
>No arts
>getting worse
The opposite is the case though.
>>
>>381080384
This is why I'm always a little unsure about transmog mechanics. As nice as it is to be able to wear something I like regardless, I always feel like there should be some common theme between how you look and how you play.
>>
>>381066441
>MH on PC
Am I the only one who likes this? I'll finally be able to play coop with my friends instead of playing shitty Early Access ones like PUB over and over again. Also +60fps
>>
The more people make this kind of thread the more satisfied I get by how much the original fans are getting raped. Seriously no one else gives a shit that it's not like the MH you played on your shitty DS, it's an open world where you kill dinosaurs. Sign me up
>>
>>381082943
>Original fans getting raped
>DS
????????
>>
>>381082943
>original fans
>DS
Every time.
>>
>>381082789
Hopefully this new game with updated graphics will keep the designs from being pants-on-head retarded and reduce the incentive to rely on transmog. So far what I've seen seems kinda decent even though we are talking about the low tier hunter armors.
>>
>>381083002
>>381083032
MH only got popular on the 3DS thanks to Nintendo.

Series was unknown and nobody cared about it at all until MH3G.
>>
>>381083224
The best selling MH is still, to this day, on the PSP
>>
>>381083224
>Series was unknown and nobody cared about it at all until MH3G.
>People actually believe this
>>
>>381081785
How is it not hard then? Go on explain, I gave my reasons and now you give yours. I've seen enough know-it-all /v/ermin make a statement without providing any reason why what they say is true. Time played doesn't mean shit by the way, casuals put hundreds of hours into Skyrim and GTA without completing either.
>>
>>381083346
I would not call it hard because there are way too many ways to alleviate most of the difficulty without exploits and the sort. Get hit too much? Stock up on as much potions as you can. Monsters still hitting too hard? Bother building an armor set specifically for it. It's less hard and more challenging, though one could call them synonymous.
>>
>>381083224
>2G and P3rd sold more in Japan than any Nintendo MonHun did globally
Yet Nintendo still paid Capcom to nuke P3rd and P3rd HD for the West. What scumbags.
>>
>>381068752

>A lack of loading zones is enough of a change to really breathe new life into the series.

Enjoy your hours of walking/running in sameish areas before getting to desert/snowy/etc. areas to simulate the "vastness" (emptiness) of the world.
>>
>>381083717
But it doesn't work that way though. It still follows the same formula of getting thrown to a Forest but now there isn't a loading screen to divide each areas.
>>
>>381083717
You're a moron, I hope you realize that.
>>
>>381071393

Because we've seen almost every series that goes on for long enough be absolutely neutered/butchered to pander to ADHD babbies? Dragon Quest is the only franchise that's been able to withstand that shit
>>
File: 123431124125.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
123431124125.webm
1MB, 720x404px
Hey guys faggot who never played MH here cause he gets eye cancer lookin at it. Is it a single-player experience or more like a co-op game that you can play solo? I know for a fact its not an MMO because there are spin-offs that are MMOs in China so it wouldn't make sense
>>
>>381083916
It's both really. You can do it alone, I personally did FU up to G Rank Ukanlos alone. You can also do it with people and it's a lot more fun that way.
>>
>>381071901

>Their plan has always been to bring MH back to consoles with the biggest MH ever. It's not an experiment, it's a necessary and natural evolution of the franchise, two generations overdue.

Sales > "evolution"

Once World sells 3-4 globally million on a budget 5 times bigger than the handheld versions, Capcom will say "wait why didn't we just sell 4-5 million globally of the cheaper to make title?" and you'll be seeing World: Portable edition soon enough
>>
>>381083161
I do really like the design of the armour so far but if anything that would just make me want to wear more of it. It's just one of those things I suppose, in or not it'll be fine either way.
As an aside though, I always thought that Nioh's Soul Matching was an excellent take on the transmog idea since it's Beta, though it wouldn't really work in MH. Armour in that game was acquired more en masse and similar pieces could have different effects and levels to denote general strength. Soul Matching let you upgrade a weapon or armour's level by using higher levelled equipment as a consumed material. It meant you still used it specifically but had to keep it strong if you liked the look. But in the full game they added a generic transmog system anyway, and while Soul Matching still had other important uses, it just seemed odd to me. But that isn't even close to the worst or most unnecessary change they made to that game since the Alpha/Beta, though that's a story for another place and time.
>>
>>381083224
>who cares about the actual original fans that are excited for the new game
>>
>>381083916
There's usually a single player section and a seperate multiplayer section.

The game is quest based, so if you get your quest from the single player hub, you're going solo. If you go to the online hub, you can take up to 3 more people (if you want).

Unfortunately playing with any more than 1 other person makes the game trivially easy, unless you get paired up with retards which is entirely possible.
>>
>>381084062
They are already going to get the portable money with the other portable games, this meme that they could ever be mutually esclusive is fucking retarded and dishonest. The point is that they want ALSO the money of other systems and fanbase, it's all a matter of addition without losing anything. They probably got that they more or less already reached the limit of the portable fanbase and sales and that the only real way to actually expand the fanbase is build another one in different system.
>>
I'm okay with no styles but some arts were amazing.

Why would I ever want to play longsword without critical juncture again?
>>
>>381083916
It's intended to be a multiplayer experience but you can choose to hunt alone at your peril, though the games have always had dedicated quests for that.
How it generally worked is that players connect online or whatever and go into a town that acts like an ingame lobby. You pick a quest to do get or kill something, up to three other people join, then you all move to the quest zone to do the business. MHW will work the sane way, except you can have people join midquest by shooting a flare into the sky.
>>
>>381081562
>no reply
why do I always gotta put thought into all my posts
>>
>>381084996
Your fault anon, MH is currently rife with shitposters and people wary of them right now. Civil discussions aren't allowed right now.
>>
>>381066441
Just internalize the Aerial IG pole vault please. I can deal with everything else but not the original pole vault. It's just so bad
>>
>>381085109
aerial IG was fucking great
one of the very few aerial styles that rocked
>>
>>381066441
> No Hunter Styles or Arts

Good, these were way over the top.
>>
>>381067613
But it's not called MH5. So they can release MH5 whenever they want.
>>
A lot of people are bitching about tiny shit when we should be concerned about the DLC practice and microtransactions, because that shit will kill the game wether it is "true" MH experience or casualized westernshit.
>>
>>381085627
>DLC shit
>Not expecting rereleases for G
Where the hell do you think you are?
>>
>>381085627
I would much rather get G-rank through DLC, than a complete rerelease of the game at full price at a later date.
>>
>>381085216
And yet they fit with MH's gameplay better than any of MH5's additions.
The issue was the balance between styles/arts, not the concept of them.
>>
>>381085771
I would rather have the complete thing day 1 without DLC or rerelease. But I know this is impossible. My fear is more to microtransactions rather than DLC.
>>
>>381085898
>I would rather have the complete thing day 1 without DLC or rerelease
So you'd rather wait a year or two to even play it
>>
>>381086004
I would rather have the complete thing the ORIGINAL release date.
>>
File: 1497636404251.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1497636404251.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
It won't have arts, but art-like moves are being added to the movesets
other than this, SnS can go into a high flying shoryuken after a backhop charge attack, GS has a forward somersault slash that follows up a charge slash, Bow gets some kind of super charge shot, and HBG has the rapid fire attachment
>>
>>381086074
But they don't work on G-rank while they're making the base game.
>>
>>381086074
>any mh game
>complete on release
lemao
>>
>No Hunter Styles or Arts

Thats a good thing though.
>>
Why do people actually dislike arts/styles other than "waaah anime"?
Note that MH World has you leap 10 feet into the air to slice through a monster with a flashy anime cut that splits the screen in two with the longsword, and even flashier animations for DB demon mode where you reverse grip your blades like a massive edgelord.
>>
File: comfy smug loli bitchy.jpg (84KB, 681x682px) Image search: [Google]
comfy smug loli bitchy.jpg
84KB, 681x682px
>>381066441
YES YES YES
This is literally MHFU with better graphic and better hitbox.

FUCKING YESSSSSS
>>
File: 1220799048114.jpg (95KB, 739x604px) Image search: [Google]
1220799048114.jpg
95KB, 739x604px
>>381086138
>those animations
This looks almost as bad as a fucking Souls game. Kill me now.
>>
>>381086336
Because they were supposed to offer more choice to players, but ultimately limited choices more than they enabled them.
>>
>>381085821
That is actively false. All the additions in MHW further the hunting aspect of the game while adding a little more flavour to the combat. Styles pidgeonhole your combat abilities before the hunt even starts, and both them and arts as a mechanic make the combat overshadow the other aspects of the hunt and world where it shouldn't.
>>
>>381086074
>I would rather have the complete thing the ORIGINAL release date.
Oh do you think you're special? Do you think none of us would love that?
You know how Capcom runs MH right?
getting G-rank in DLC would be BETTER than buying a separate game a year later, and they now have the infrastructure for it. because god knows this game can't conceivably have more content than Tri
>>
>>381066441
Personally i disliked styles so i'm fine with this
>>
MHFU vet here. Last MH game I played was P3rd on PPSSPP. I'm used to having all of my moves available to me at all times.

Sell me on Styles.
>>
>>381086410
>and both them and arts as a mechanic make the combat overshadow the other aspects of the hunt and world where it shouldn't
So, what, you want MH to be more about pointless running around and gathering? Are the combat and the monsters not what people praise the most about these games?
I personally think that this looks infinitely more impressive and fun than anything they've showed for MH World so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQIWG4awfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhAGDpoCCO4
>>
>>381086370
source
>>
>>381086370
>this is literally MHFU with better graphics and hitboxes

Wait until they reveal whatever dumb shit like Apex Monsters or Deviant Quests that you have to level up they have prepared for this installment
>>
>>381066441
Styles and arts were babby modes anyway
>>
>>381086370
>This is literally MHFU with better graphic and better hitbox.
how stupid do you have to be to think this
>>
File: Profile-theriddler.jpg (15KB, 180x239px) Image search: [Google]
Profile-theriddler.jpg
15KB, 180x239px
Riddle me this, riddle me that

>If the game has never sold in the west, How does Capcom expects to increase the Appeal of World while "Not changing anything" Like /v/ claims?
>>
>>381086410
You do realize that all the non-combat additions in MHW will be gimmicky and impractical at best, and will never be used seriously?
>>
>je suis monte
>je suis monte
>je suis monte
>>
File: 1411008914491.jpg (157KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1411008914491.jpg
157KB, 854x859px
>>381087307
>frenchie mounts rathalos
>it flies to another part of the map
>chase after it, he carts in the meantime
>by the time you get there he's mounted it again
>it flies off again
>>
>>381086749
I can't but I also don't want to. Stlyles are LITERALLY super combos that build up the more damage you deal, and then it's a one-time deal thing. Miss and you have to wait another half-hour of slashing to use the move again. You deal all your damage by normally attacking either way.
>>
>>381066441
>retarded edgy weeb gimmick from shitty spinoff isnt in main series

thank god. Go play toukiden if you want flashy retarded anime hunting
>>
>>381086749
>Sell me on Styles.
No. instead you just get some truths
- styles make some weapons more fun, flat out
- styles make some weapons just plain better
- bushido style is just universally broken to the point it's not even fun, especially for DS
- styles are optional and their sole purpose is for fun
- the default style, guild style, is the style for purists. it doesn't touch the moveset at all

>>381087515
he said styles, not arts
>>
>>381072075
>salty youtube vids

SOURCE
>>
>>381086763
Iwant them to add more options and mechanics to the hunting pillar of the game, by adding a living ecosystem and seamless world which makes that "pointless" exploration even more immersive and allow you to use it to your advantage by learning about and applying the environment to your traps and combat. This is how I felt many years ago and still do, and now they've actually gone and done it.
Despite what you think, that level of exploration and multifaceted areas are a huge part of the game. Also you're confusing the combat's appeal; you do have a few attacks but the main attraction is the monsters themselves. Part of he reason the combat works well is because it's mainly about learning what the monster does and how it behaves, rather than focusing on and gaining more abilities yourself like say DMC. Letting the monster take center stage again ties directly into the whole hunting layer of the game. It's a subtle difference, but it really matters in regards to the overall presentation and mantra of the game.
>>
>>381087678
>- bushido style is just universally broken to the point it's not even fun, especially for DS
Adept is easy to cheese with but it's hard to be efficient with
>>
File: 1464230017072.jpg (194KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464230017072.jpg
194KB, 700x700px
>>381072603
...But I have always been a PC Gamer who owns cozy Nintendo half held Hardware for those Sunday mornings when one wants to stay in bed an hour and just play some Jap vidya.

Am I a false flag?
>>
>>381087762
And how long do you think any of that is going to be entertaining, vs tight, quality combat? Do you really value fluff that might get a "oh, neat" out of you once more than the core mechanics of the game?
>>
>>381087849
>stay in bed

can you lazy fucks stop coming to /v/? You give everyone else a bad name.
>>
>>381072603
>it's a falseflag because it's convenient to me
hm
>>
>>381072603

The most incorrect statement on /v/
>>
>>381066441
The other Monster Hunter games are fucking shit so that gets me excited, the more changes the better.
>>
>>381087224
Environment traversal and the wildlife interactions alone can't really be ignored and are already more polished and fit better than any of the previous token additions. This is like the one time they've been able to and are actually trying.
>>
>>381088041
>the wildlife interactions alone
Yeah, because whiffing a charge or golfswing on a monster's head because it decided to go after a different monster instead, or having a monster run off to chase after another monster when you're trying to fight it is going to be a ton of fun.

It's like all the worst parts of multiplayer but you can't turn it off.
>>
>>381066441
Whoa, OP. Thanks for confirming this. I can't fucking wait for MH:W it's going to be so damn good
>>
>>381087143
Pretty much change nothing except some gameplay elements that will add more action and suspense (level is one big area allowing monsters to be on your ass like grass and vice versa), tweak the monsters AI for more varied encounters, and market to the influx of new action jrpg fans fromsoft has been creating over the last few years.

Im sure they arent expecting this to be a smash hit and sell tens of millions of copies, but a decent seller with a million or two copies sold.
>>
>>381088212
So it's going to be harder?
>>
FUCK YES

Best Monster Hunter game on the horizon

Voiced companions. Decent maps. No retarded monsters.

Everything that was bad about monster hunter seems to be gone.
>>
>>381088293
No, it's going to be more tedious and obnoxious.
>>
>>381088370
>No retarded monsters
If you had watched the leaked gameplay you'd know that the AI is still the same as always.
>>
File: 1491995245126.jpg (347KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1491995245126.jpg
347KB, 986x553px
>>381066441
>Unironically wanting Hunter Styles/Arts back
That shit belongs to God Eater, not Monster Hunter.
>>
>>381088432
I didn't know they attacked other monsters and chased you indefinitely before.
>>
>>381088432
I was talking about designs. No jetpack dinosaur or edgy black and white wyvern or spike shooting dragon
>>
>>381088515
This. True Monster Hunter involves largely proper positioning, and just using 1-2 attacks over and over on the correct weak points.
>>
>>381088515
Like half the new weapons don't belong in Monster Hunter and belong in God Eater.
I was actually dissapointed when I heard all weapons are back
>>
>>381087867
Considering all of that IS the core mechanics of the game that are made to work alongside the solid combat (which is all very much still intact), I think it will be entertaining for a long long time. It'll give a sense of true freedom in how your group approaches the hunt that the series always hinted at but never truly realised, and that only makes the base combat more engaging too with more options that you have to actually construct based on how and where the hunt is going, tapping even further into that "no two hunts are the same" feeling.
I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>381088621
Quit spouting buzzwords, everything you just mentioned is going to be inferior to the classic AI baiting headsniping gameplay in terms of efficiency.

Also, too much random shit and "no two hunts are the same" isn't a good thing either. How are you supposed to get better at a game that has zero consistency?
>>
>>381087143
It will get at least some soul fans, dragons dogma fans and some thirsty mmo players, all people that the ps2 version couldn't have got. Marketing and people talking about it will do the rest.
>>
>>381088274
>Im sure they arent expecting this to be a smash hit and sell tens of millions of copies, but a decent seller with a million or two copies sold.
XX is a frankengame made with parts of different games made on a 3DS budget, at 1.5M sales on Japan alone capcom called it a flop

What makes you think that a 4 years dev time HD multi hardware game will make em happy with 2M sales??

by the scope of past games, they would expect at worst 5-7Millions 8-10 being their ideal
>>
>>381088873
They were talking about the western sales, you dingus.
>>
>>381088549
genuinely kill yourself
>>
>>381066441
Dunno, for the most part it looks like a MonHun for me, but my qtbf says it's ruined, and all he owns is a ps4 and a vita.
>>
>>381089156
Get a better bf, little fag.
>>
>>381089215
no I love him
>>
>>381089116
Literally all gen 4 designs and most gen 3 designs are absolute dogshit

This is a return to form after nintendo fuckery.
>>
>>381089316
>muh copy pasted flying wyverns
>>
>>381088732
>How are you supposed to get better at a game that has zero consistency?
This really reminds me of SHMUP fans that bitch about Zanac's Autolevel Control having no "consistency".
As long as you get better at handling your weapons and learning how to improvise with the environments you will get better at the game, it's much better than hunting the same monster with the same spawn point and same pattern every fucking time, meaningful environmental interaction is great and I'm glad MH is finally doing that, Soul Sacrifice tried to implement something similar and it was great, I'm sure MH devs will make it even better.
>>
>>381089407
Hey you can still play your little skylanders monsters on the next nintendo toy
This is the real monster hunter for adults so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>381088212
Flutes are a thing and now mantles are too. You don't actively adjust based on enemy count? You play a predominantly multiplayer game mainly to stay solo? Maybe you're playing for the wrong reasons, especially if a slight added possibility to miss because of a more dynamic fight is tedious to you, and that's another new meme buzzword.
>>
>>381073985
Only works outside of combat.
>>
>>381088732
The thing about buzzwords is that people use them in place of proper explanation like what I provided. Using the environment properly will lead to more efficiency since there's so many extra opportunities to travel faster or deal more damage.
You're taking that entirely out of context somehow, but while there'll be many different possibilities, it won't be particularly random either, just like how the way hunts are now leave a lot of room for the monster to use all kinds of different attacks or go to different spots on the map and even in the zone that help keep fights feeling fresh. That's what I meant by "no two hunts are the same", it's what people love about the combat and it's why many (myself included) never really see the series as grindy, since you can learn a monster, but hunts always require your focus.
>>
>>381066441
Monster hunter was originally on consoles you nerd.
>>
>>381085273
Jesus Christ the fucking autism from Nintendo fanboys.
MHW literally looks 100x better than God awful casual X and XX
>>
File: 1473147628863.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1473147628863.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>This is the real monster hunter for adults
>>
>>381087892
> Not relaxing while enjoying vidya games
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>381090360
only the 1st entry, and PSP and 3DS games still blow the literal shit out of any other Mon Hun, on PS2, 3,4 X360, PC, Wii and WiiU
>>
Hunter arts were so fucking stupid looking.
Fancy attack animations are fine, but they went so far overboard with the shitty particle effects.

Just garbage.
>>
>>381091245
no the first game the first expansion(monster hunter G) and the sequel(2 or dos) were on ps2 but japan only

the only reason handhelds get the most focus is because thats where the money is at in japan anon dont be silly
>>
>>381067548
Name 50% of games that do this
>>
I don't get it, I own a Switch and I'm not that mad over not getting MH. I have a 3DS, I can play MH on there. I also have a PS4, So I can also play World. Are most switchfags just falseflagging these days?
>>
>>381093415
Half Minute Hero
>>
can't imagine how annoying rath fights will be with how slippery and slidey the environment is
>>
File: not so smug anymore.jpg (169KB, 1015x502px) Image search: [Google]
not so smug anymore.jpg
169KB, 1015x502px
>>381086781
It's hentai don't bother.
>>
File: Worry.jpg (50KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
Worry.jpg
50KB, 500x536px
>>381093617
>how slippery and slidey the environment is
You guys think they'd put slippery floors on the ice environment?
>>
So let me get this straight

No switchaxe
No light bowgun
No spear
No speargun
No hammer
No dualsword
Instant healing while sprinting with I-frames
Stealth attacks that wipe half the monsters healthbar
No bombs
No felynes
No traps instead we must use the ultimate gamer cinematic enviromental experience
Instasummon 3 G-rank hunters so that they can steamroll a jaggi
Unlimited farcasters with the possibility of switching all your gear.

THIS
FRANCHISE
IS
RUINED
>>
>>381093763
What the fuck is this list? Who told you these lies?
>>
>>381093893
Its obvious from what they have shown so far
>>
>>381072603
PC+Nintendo here. MHW looks like ass.
>>
>>381090438
lol
>>
>>381093992
Except they already confirmed that all 14 weapons are in, and Palicos were shown in the gameplay demo
You also can only use fast travel outside of combat mode (indicated by hidden health/stamina meters), while farcasters work while in combat
>>
File: (you).jpg (321KB, 665x786px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
321KB, 665x786px
>>381093763
Lazy bait. Taking it anyway
>No switchaxe, No light bowgun, No Lance*, No Lancegun*, No hammer, no dualsword
All the previous weapons will be in world, they confirmed this

>Instant healing while sprinting with I-frames
Not instant, not while sprinting and definitely not with I-frames

>Stealth attacks that wipe half the monsters healthbar
What? No.

>No bombs
Literally no indication that there won't be bombs other than we didn't see any in the trailer

>No felynes
If you mean prowlers, then yes. Good riddance.

>No traps instead we must use the ultimate gamer cinematic enviromental experience
Again, there is literally no indication of this other than there might be the OPTION to use environmental traps

>Instasummon 3 G-rank hunters so that they can steamroll a jaggi
you don't know this. there could very well be a rank cap.

>Unlimited farcasters
Out of combat, there might be no bed to heal in at base

>with the possibility of switching all your gear.
So? That's a good thing.
>>
>>381066441
Any self respecting hunter would know hunter arts is a shit mechanic made for shitters, this game just keeps getting better.
>>
>>381094178
>So? That's a good thing.
No it fucking isn't. Fuck having to think about a set of gear that can tackle a variety of monsters well, just switch for each individual monster, fuck compromises.
>>
>>381093763
>No switchaxe
False, all the weapons are confirmed in.
>No light bowgun
>No spear
>No speargun
>No hammer
>No dualsword
>Instant healing while sprinting with I-frames
False, Potions now heal you gradually, no indication of i-frames anywhere.
>Stealth attacks that wipe half the monsters healthbar
No evidence of stealth having effect in attack power.
>No bombs
False, bombs are confirmed.
>No felynes
False, cats are confirmed.
>No traps instead we must use the ultimate gamer cinematic enviromental experience
No dev interview has even mentioned traps, much less de-confirmed them.
>Instasummon 3 G-rank hunters so that they can steamroll a jaggi
>>G-rank players
>>Helping with Jaggi quests
>Unlimited farcasters with the possibility of switching all your gear.
The only truth in this entire list.

Please stop shitposting.
>>
The better it gets, the worst for us, and the worse it gets, better for us, better, better for me yours, political benefit.
>>
>>381094287
>Fuck having to think about a set of gear that can tackle a variety of monsters well
"Raw"
wow, that was hard
Maybe now people will actually use element
Or guns
>>
>>381094287
>He doesn't know that you don't automatically return to town after a hunt
Hunts are consecutive now. There is no such thing as "prepare in town for the next hunt".
>>
>>381094287
>Implying you can't beat any monster with any weapon anyway
Oh wow what a master strategist it requires to take a fire weapon vs. ice monsters.
>>
>>381094379
You still have individual quests that you set out to do from your central hub. You just get the option to keep hunting or exploring after completing a quest.
>>
>>381093763
You forgot
>meals replaced with lootboxes you buy keys for
>attachments for all weapons including suppressors, tactical knives and ACOG scopes
>gay romance options with wyverian blacksmith NPC
>alignment system that affects the ending
>killcams
>>
>>381094287
yeah cuz it would be so cool to bring a weapon set that is ideal for hunting X and then Y shows up and you spend the next 30 minutes trying to kill it because your hits all bounce off.

fuck off. it would get old as fuck after the first couple times it happened
>>
>>381093992
Anon, you are a fucking idiot and the perfect example of everything wrong with the rabid haters that infest those threads.
>>
>>381094457
Throw a fucking dung bomb at it
>>
>>381094287
They don't tell you anything about monsters anymore before you encounter them, you have to find stuff out about them as you track them down. You don't even get a name or icon until you discover them.
>>
>>381066441
Underage retard detected

Hunter styles and arts are abominations that weren't part of the original games

faggot
>>
>>381094750
>abominations that weren't part of the original games
So are most of the weapons, monsters, climbing that doesn't suck, etc
Are those abominations too?
>>
>>381066441
Good thing those trash arts and Hunter styles weren't in their original games
>>
>>381066441
>no arts\styles
Fucking awesome.
Worlds keeps getting better every day.
>>
>>381071126
That heal is like 3x slower then usual lightning fast MH heal though
>>
>>381095014
Not him but since you mention it, the original set of weapons all covered different niches perfectly while being unique to each other and while they are fun to use, all the later weapons have essentially consisted merely of hybrids of the originals with some having added gimmicks to try and diversify them, instead of filling a new role in the hunt.
>>
>>381093763
Is this satire
>>
Everything I've seen so far looks great to me and I've been a MH fan for over 10 years. I'm pretty hyped for it.
>>
>>381095613
Genuine retardation.
>>
>>381095571
GS and Hammer are basically the same weapon, Lance has only ever managed to be relevant if it had overtuned damage values because its low mobility is so crippling, SnS was good in like one game and then never again. Dos's new weapons were meant to derive from their original counterparts and feel similar but with different properties to distinguish them, hence why they shared weapon trees in 2nd gen. Switch Axe was designed as a jack-of-all-trades weapon originally, and eventually transitioned to being a weapon defined by low commitment to its attacks and amazing evasion but mediocre mobility if you're not good at sticking to a monster with your dodges.
CB introduced a playstyle based around counters and gauging stagger/KO values to land massive damage hits with large recovery playstyles.
IG is really the only one that feels redundant and without any real purpose, since it's "do everything" nature makes it impossible to balance properly.
>>
>>381071493
I recall Lost Planet 2, perhaps?
>>
>>381096157
I must have missed the patch where the IG could stun
>>
>>381070579
Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne and for some reason BotW got huge amounts of shitposting.
>>
>>381096157
I'm not talking about how good the weapons are in a pure damage comparison but their overall concept. GS is far more focused around targeting specific areas on and around the monster compared to hammer with it's short reach but added mobility to allow for heavier hitting. Lance is meant to be a more defensive weapon with the shield offsetting the lack of mobility, letting you get in and stay in.
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg (274KB, 354x605px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
274KB, 354x605px
>>381096979
" Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' "
>>
>>381097053
>GS is far more focused around targeting specific areas on and around the monster compared to hammer
Are you serious

Also I talked about gameplay styles, not numbers
>>
>>381097185
But I'll be getting MHW on my PS4 and Bloodborne is my favorite game this gen.
>>
>>381097223
It has double the range and can cut. Also you described weapons as just bad, in the same way, and in very specific terms brought on by how people optimized the moveset rather than the concept, though a lot of it could be applied to the older weapons too in a sense, actual counters didn't exist as a mechanic until 3 but that's just a type of attack, otherwise that could describe hammer.
>>
>>381097713
That wasn't directed towards you, just as an explanation to why people shitpost about great games that are exclusive.

I'm still salty about BB myself but I ain't gonna deny it's a good game.
>>
>>381097876
Oh, my mistake. I'm just defensive because I'm on /v/.
>>
Really hope that Sony will change idea about crossplay, in this case for them making the game succeful should be as important as selling consoles.
>>
>>381098432
Or at least a xbox-pc crossplay in the west.
>>
>>381098432
For MH it would probably be impossible unless they lock the PC version at 30 fps. Sony has crossplay with PC for stuff like SFV but they don't want any crossplay between their platform and xbox / nintendo switch. I think rocket league is or was crossplay between ps4 and PC aswell.
>>
>>381098432
It's a shame, but Sony has nothing to gain from putting the effort into making MHW on PS4 crossplay.

The ps4 version will have the largest player base by far. If anything, MS would have to be crawling to Sony about crossplay and they'd still be denied.
>>
>>381066441
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHAH YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>381098732
Are you okay, anon? Should I call an ambulance?
>>
>>381098594
>For MH it would probably be impossible unless they lock the PC version at 30 fps.
Why? Does the engine lock animations to fps? Was this a issue with their other ports?
>>
>>381098867
He's clearly having an orgasm, I'd say he's the one who's feeling better in this thread.
>>
>>381098957
I really hope they don't pull a Bethesda on PC players. If I remeber correctly the 3DS games had variable fps (45ish in 4U) and everything went fairly normal during coop missions.
>>
>>381098957
Not him but usually in order to calculate 'time' frames are used. For things like durability, when a hit lands, iframes.

The fact they are taking time with their PC port suggests to me they are going to make it 60fps. Which will require a little bit more work to recalculate basic features that are tied and work under 30fps to work under 60fps. As well as dealing with all the other physics based issues that arise

If you ever played a souls game you should know of these. Like clipping through stairs in unlocked DS1. Or double durability loss in DS2.
>>
>>381099314
What if some players don't have the hardware reach said 60fps? Wouldn't that lead to serious desync issues?
>>
>>381066441
A true sequel to the franchise instead of just building on the bloated trainwreck of the last installment and everyone cries.
>>
>>381099483
Thats what they would be working on. Either switching from frame rate time to other forms of measurement or modifying the code so it can handle the difference between 1s of iframes at 60fps and at 45fps.

Most action games these days dont tie stuff to frames, its a pretty old school Jap thing to do. And its easy to get around if you dont want to tie to frames but you have to work on it.
>>
>>381066441
Hunter styles and art where gimmicky shit. Confirmed Nintendobabay that only played nu-MH
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>Just finding out that /v/ didn't like Generations
We're the Fated Four unnecessary as monsters too?
>>
>>381099314
That's great but this isn't a souls game or the same engine. Capcom has ported before and they're using the same engine as last time so unless their other ports had this issue I doubt it will be for this.
>>
>>381099858
More is not always better

MH was going into the Pokemon realm of adding more because thats what was expected, that than redoing and refining to make a better product.

Thank god MHW is ditching most monsters and starting from scratch. I would rather 20 fantastic well designed monsters over 100 average ones.
>>
>>381099858
Absolutely, yeah. Gen 1 monsters still the best.
>>
>>381099927
>That's great but this isn't a souls game or the same engine.
Thats irrelevant. Many features of game design are universal. Using frames as a timing method is functional in any engine, its basic code.

Im not saying they will have this issue, im saying the port is taking longer so that they can remove those issues.
>>
>>381099768
What makes them "gimmicky"?
What do you consider non-"gimmicky" gameplay?
>>
>>381100082
Classic MH, positioning, abusing your weapon's strongest attacks, and sniping weakspots.
>>
>>381100082
Not him but they really didnt add anything

If you were good with lance you were good with lance. The style was irrelevant. From that point the only thing that mattered was 'which style does the most DPS'

The different between weapons doesn't have this problem because they are far deeper differences, and the balance between them is better than the balance between styles/arts. And sure you could just 'balance them better', but then the choice doesnt even matter, and it never will because you're talking about styles within a weapon class which is limited to dps/evasion as opposed to choices between a weapon which is dps/evasion/utility.
>>
>>381100049
>im saying the port is taking longer so that they can remove those issues.
And I'm saying it will most likely not be an issue based on past ports.
>>
>>381100258
But Gen/XX reward spamming a single attack far more than every other MH does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPqYYW1VmoM

Shouldn't this be the perfect MH then, when every weapon only uses one move, but has to rely on timing and positioning to do so?
>>
>>381066441
I didn't mind hunter arts, but thank god hunting styles were removed. Never have to deal with literal shitters every room who only play aerial and adept.

Hunting styles should stay built around armor sets, not selected from a menu. Like if you wanted to play either evade lance or counter lance, classic gs or punish draw gs, and etc.

I hope the difficulty gets amped up too so I can watch the damn French kart more often since they can't cheese shit by jumping non stop anymore.
>>
>>381100526
>And I'm saying it will most likely not be an issue based on past ports
>these same ports that have to deal with the same issues
>as do all games that rely on frame timing
I think you dont fundamentally understand how game design works. This is an issue, they will deal with it. End of discussion.
>>
>>381100526
They have already stated PC is coming later for the very reason of fixing engine issues. What are you even trying to say.
>>
>>381067736
yeah fuck off faggot, i've bought every monster hunter on a nintendo console and never played a non nintendo monster hunter, I thought hunter arts and styles were poorly designed garbage. I'll happily buy World if it actually feels like monster hunter, but i worry capcom is going to shit it up something fierce in their quest to appeal to people who've never heard of monster hunter before.
>>
Why is most of a weapon's moveset being suboptimal to use such a common complaint?
Isn't having to think about making a limited moveset work deeper than having a move that's perfect for every situation? Instead you just have one move that hits really, really hard but you have to learn how to hit a monster with it in all kinds of different situations, and when it is safe to use.
>>
>>381099953
>I would rather 20 fantastic well designed monsters over 100 average ones
But for the most part a lot of the new monsters have been interesting and/or uniquely designed? And how are the Fated Four average?
>>
File: 1497829036256.jpg (30KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1497829036256.jpg
30KB, 480x356px
Sooo close to typing a full response. Had to delete it all after I realized this is just very well written bait. Congratulations sir, I tip my fedora to you.
>>
>>381100659
>I think you dont fundamentally understand how game design works.
I think you don't fundamentally understand what I was arguing about. You keep talking about the reason why it's pc port would need to be changed I'm talking about Capcom's previous ports quality in line with crossplay availability.
>>
>>381101118

so this is what goes through a retards head while hes spamming the same thing over and over again for hours in an rpg
>>
>>381101694
RPGs don't involve positioning and timing, moron.
>>
So as the original MH directors, which are working on World, deliberately design the game around GS, Hammer and HBG, do you think we'll go back to the holy trinity of top tiers in World? I sure fucking hope so.
>>
>>381101753
>also too retarded to understand what was meant from the context

its no wonder you have such fun spamming 1 move
>>
File: 1475093087112.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475093087112.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>381066441
>it's another Nintendo fans are the saltiest little bitches on the planet episode

Top zozzle, is it possible to go one single day without toddlers shitposting a game they aren't even getting?
>>
File: 1497299271952.jpg (78KB, 669x696px) Image search: [Google]
1497299271952.jpg
78KB, 669x696px
>>381101753
>RPGs don't involve positioning and timing, moron.
>>
This game has some garbage changes but this isn't one of them and the core is still pretty MH

OP is a false flag to make legitimate complaints seem trivial
>>
File: 1466913740203.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466913740203.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>381071126
It's pretty balanced when you consider that

1) the monsters are far more agile now
2) it consumes stamina to heal and move
3) it heals over time instead of a huge chunk instantly

But I mean, continue to sperg out about silly shit when you're going to buy the game anyway like the little addicted cuck you are.
>>
File: 1481300001135.png (243KB, 406x407px) Image search: [Google]
1481300001135.png
243KB, 406x407px
>>381077174
Yes, Souls fans that didn't own a Piss4 at the time shitposted Bloodborne infinitely with "le casual" remarks about Blood Vials and healing off strikes etc, even though it ended up having by far the most challenging content the series has seen, and also the most fun.
>>
is more like MH4 than GEN
thats a good thing in my books

too bad is not like MH4, its MH3 because underwater is fucking back
>>
>>381102891
>Underwater combat is not there
?????
>>
>>381102526
>the monsters are far more agile now
No, they're slower and even more sluggish than before. At least if Anjanath is any indication.
>>
>>381102931
didnt you saw the fucking trailer?
underwater and swimming are back
>>
>>381102993
Didn't you read the fucking notes?
Underwater combat isn't back.
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.