[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RTCW - one of the greatest first person shooters of all time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: RtCW.jpg (9KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
RtCW.jpg
9KB, 329x153px
RTCW - one of the greatest first person shooters of all time. Amidst some bullshit controversy surrounding The New Colossus, what's /v/'s opinion on this game?
>>
It's that game where you shoot nazis without needing to be a commie?
>>
>>381065314
Why do people keep shilling this franchise entirely built upon non-whites killing whites????
>>
>>381065314
Played it more than any game growing up.

One of my favorite gaming moments was finding out that you could host the sp_forest map in multiplayer, then battle to control the base at the end of the map.
>>
I've been playing it recently but it just doesn't feel good. Am I missing something?
The MP40 is inaccurate as fuck, even if I do fire in sparse bursts. The pistol is weak as fuck. The grenades go wherever they feel like.
I fucking hate the enemies with shields, even when you shoot their exposed parts it reflects back.
>>
it's one of my favorite fps games of all time. i didn't like enemy territory though. i felt the game became too nooby with all the explosive spam that was introduced. it's a shame that betheshit is so clueless with the ips they acquired. i don't care about single player fps experiences. give us a successor to rtcw class based multiplayer. it will never happen
>>
>>381065407
I still don't get that complaint. BJ obviously isn't a commie. And all this horse shit is based on a poster on the wall during a cut-scene. The BJ Blazkowicz I know would not let some ass-hat commie take over after ridding the world of Nazis, it's pretty obvious that guy will turn evil at some point and BJ will stab him in the throat, just like all the other antagonists we've encountered so far.
>>
File: 1494540220125.jpg (26KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494540220125.jpg
26KB, 608x402px
>>381065314
i remember playing this as a kid and "owning noobs" with my mp40 to later find out that i was playing against bots. but i had so much fun blowing up and constructing stuff i didn't even cared.
>>
>>381065471
Non-whites killing whites? WHAT THE FUCK game have you been playing, BJ is the most Aryan looking person in the game
>>
>>381065641
>The pistol is weak as fuck
In the release version of the game pistols were the most powerful weapons because they would fire as quickly as you could click. Then they patched it and it feels bad man.
>>
the forced stealth section was ass
>>
>>381066389
>the forced stealth section
You mean the forced stealth sectionS.
There were two.
>>
>>381066389
The only downside of the game, although it was extremely easy to pass once you figured out the right route to take
>>
love it. Although I remember the last boss fight being pretty shit with just S+M1to win

love enemy territory even more
>>
>>381065471
Fuck off faggot. You haven't even played Wolfenstein 3D
>>
>>381065314
Its pretty good, decided to jump to it since the steam version of 3D seems to be a mess. Can anyone tell me the problem with it?
>>
>>381065314
I just bought it the other day for like $3. first time playing it in like 15 years.
it actually still holds up alright.
>>
Good levels, good enemy design, good boss fights, good combat, decent story. What more could I ask for
>>
>>381066603
>last boss is shit
you can kill him without a single shot by waiting for him to walk to where the rocks drop at the entrance to the arena
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZomvkfqMTg
>>
>>381067675
Oh yeah what an easy glitch, I'm sure everybody used this exploit on their first playthrough. Just kidding, go fuck yourself. The Heinrich boss fight was fun as hell.
>>
>>381067827
I never said the boss fight was bad, I just wanted to point out something funny that not everyone knows.
Take a chill pill, anon.
>>
>>381065314
GOAT intro
>>
>>381065314
It's the only game in the series I haven't played. I did buy it during the gog sale. What am I in for?
>>
>>381068236
>"last boss is shit"
>"I never said the boss fight was bad"
You are a special kind of retard, aren't you?
>>
>>381068476
>What am I in for?
Fun gunplay and movement, one horrible forced stealth mission, one slightly less horrible forced stealth mission, and some fucking classic camp all the way through.

Sten is OP and you never get decent amounts of ammo for the 1911s, Thompson, or Mauser. FG42 is sexy in your hands but equally powerful in your enemy's.

>>381068836
>greentext means I said it
You are a special kind of retard, aren't you? Or are you just an underageb& summerfag who can't into IRC quoting?
>>
>>381069030
Are you a parrot? Greentext or not, you're a fucking idiot. Why post that glitch first then later give an assessment on the gameplay? You're a god damn fool
>>
>>381070073
why exert the energy to save face

just fucking stop posting idiot
>>
>>381070269
Yeah typing that out exerted a lot of energy, I'm exhausted. Damn shoulda quit while I was ahead
>>
>>381070073
>Are you a parrot?
>quoted me twice in his last post
Shit man, are you?

>Greentext or not, you're a fucking idiot. Why post that glitch first then later give an assessment on the gameplay? You're a god damn fool
>REEEE YOU CAN'T POINT OUT FLAWS IN A GAME YOU LIKE, YOU CAN ONLY EVER TALK ABOUT THE GOOD PARTS OR YOU'RE STUPID^2
lmao@u
If you lead off with the negatives then end with the positives, people tend to come off what you've said with a positive opinion on whatever you've been talking about. Shit's fucking basically psychology you double donut.

>>381070449
>Damn shoulda quit while I was ahead
You were never ahead though, anon.
>>
>>381065641
If you think the MP40 is inaccurate then you're retarded
>>
>>381065676
The reason you don't get it is because it's not a real complaint, it's just a bunch of /pol/ faggots that are waiting like little psychopaths to find somewhere to push their retarded little agenda.

There is no fucking way that BJ will be a commie.
>>
>>381070549
Seems like you are exerting a lot of energy to get back at me. Take a chill pill anon.
>>
>>381070756
>Seems like you are exerting a lot of energy to get back at me.
For once we agree. You aren't worth the time.
I'ma take the sleep pill.

Nighty night, anon. Always fun talking to ya.
>>
>>381070692
Yeah like I said, I guarantee by the end of the game BJ will slit the white bearded guys throat
>>
>>381065314
it's good
ET was shit

rip shattersoul
>>
File: 13518484.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
13518484.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
Best girl coming through
>>
>>381070907
It was fun indeed. Now don't go ODing on nyquil pal, you still gotta stay alive to critique the next Wolfenstein
>>
File: 1486662421118.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1486662421118.gif
2MB, 500x370px
i hated the catacombs level
>this one room with three corridors with traps and switches
>>
>>381065314

I fucking love RTCW. Honestly it's one of my goat shooters.
>>
>>381065314
>bullshit controversy surrounding The New Colossus
What? I haven't heard of any.
>>
File: v2 rocket base.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
v2 rocket base.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>381066389
>Get close to sneaking on truck
>The siren goes off
every time
>>
>>381071360
You must be living under a rock
>>
>all these underage single player retards
just fuck off. no one ever cared about rtcw's single player. it was all about the multiplayer. this is what made the game so great. disgusting
>>
>>381071979

RTCW SP >>>>> RTCW MP

SP in general >>>>>>>>> MP in general.
>>
Pretty great game outside of:
>Stealth sections
>That part with like 100 paratrooper assholes in a row
>No-leg guys lunging half a mile in 0.2 seconds
>>
>>381072072
you're underage as fuck and everyone knows it. the only reason rtcw was acclaimed was because of the multiplayer. no one cared about the single player. sorry you missed it, kiddo. go back to play modern warfare 2. stick to games of your own generation and stop trying to poorly relive my generation, poser
>>
>>381072225

I played RTCW on release you fucking spastic. In fact, I probably killed you a fair amount of times in the MP mode. I was pretty fucking good at the game.

I also remember my high school had RTCW and Enemy Territory on the school computers and we'd play that together at lunch. RTCW is one of my favorite games ever made honestly. The multiplayer is great fun.

But that doesn't mean it's better than the single player campaign. RTCW's campaign was fucking god tier. Now kill yourself you fucking blight, you literal cancer on the gaming community known as the "MP only nigger". KYS retarded faggot.

SP >>>> MP always. Now matter how good a games MP is, SP is always better, except in RO2/RS.
>>
>>381065471
>protagonist is the most aryan looking character in the franchise
>non-whites killing whites

fuck off /pol/ack, try actually playing games for a change
>>
>>381066389
>>381066472
The first stealth section was ass, guessing AI sight distance on a huge open plain wasn't fun. The second one is close quarters stealth in with a comfy/occult theme, and it was actually pretty good. Even if the N*zis notice you you can easily shoot them before they hit the switch because it's a close quarters fight.
>>
liberal propaganda, don't understand why /v/ praises this game when it's making you kill nazi
>>
>>381073704
Because that's what Wolfenstein has been about since the 80's
>>
>>381065314
It's ok, the stealth levels are fucking garbage though.
>>
>>381068476
You may have performance issues unless you trick your graphics card into believing it's running Quake 3, either by pointing to the wolfsp.exe through your graphics control panel or by simply renaming the executable to quake3.exe.

Disabling GL Extensions in the in-game options may also resolve performance issues.
>>
>>381073817
>it's old so it's ok
>>
>>381074208
I'm pretty sure you're not being serious. And if you are then you're fucking retarded
>>
File: 1344505689946.png (782KB, 600x795px) Image search: [Google]
1344505689946.png
782KB, 600x795px
>>381074208
please die in a fire.
>>381065314
Finished this game two days ago. It's a great game but I had two gripes with it. The final boss was too easy and anticlimatic. The first robonazi you have to fight was way harder. Also >no shotgun but that's just my taste
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.