[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't I see any threads about the GOG sale all week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 51

Why didn't I see any threads about the GOG sale all week? Is it a dead service?
>>
/v/ hates good games and loves Gaben's tiny dick. They're all getting hyped for MArio+Rabbids
>>
>>381062281
Damn..must be getting too old for this place.
>>
File: L14950596642475657_21.jpg (947KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
L14950596642475657_21.jpg
947KB, 1200x1600px
>>381061921
We talked about Morrowing being on sale which lead to Gothic discussions
Saw one thread talking about that they have non-DRM New Vegas now.
Sometimes we talk about Ultima...

There's not much to talk about with GoG other than a few old games and their non-DRM policies since we have all of their games on Steam already.
>>
>>381062709
But there's a sale going on right now with prices that are arguably better than Steam's. I figured I would've seen a thread about it but I haven't the past week, while right now theres a thread with like 300 replies for a Steam sale that's not even happening yet
>>
>>381061921
mostly old games and not steam so the /v/edditors don't care
>>
>>381061921
nah, you just don't go here 24/7, which is good
>>
>>381062709
Alright, if you're gonna post pics like these, it better not be /e/ and it's /h/

Don't keep blueballing me you fuck
>>
>>381061921
No one wants to use GOG cause it has no cheevos
>>
>>381061921
to the average /v/ user GoG is just a nice company that repacks old gaems into safe, working versions people can stick in torrents and you can install even if you're retarded

you don't actually /buy/ from them
>>
>>381061921
I used it and I just realized I like it better then Steam.
>>
only sells old games. old gamers won't pay twice and new gamers don't care.
>>
>>381061921
Might buy SWAT 4. Is Neverwinter good?
>>
What, Neverwinter the MMO? Cryptic made it and a korean publisher runs it, that should be enough to know it's bad and cashgrabby.

Neverwinter Nights the bioware game? Campaign was dogshit. Had a great modding community for years but some of it disappeared into nonexistence when IGN/BioWare pulled the plug on the NWN Vault one day without giving anyone the opportunity to back it up; think it happened around the time BioWare sold their asshole to Daddy EA and began to learn just how hard you can get buttfucked.

NWN2 was another obsidian flawed gem. the base campaign was pretty tedious thanks to waaaaay too much filler combat; actually, pillars of eternity was basically the same way.
>>
>>381064732
Slowly but surely, a lot of new games that have been making it's way on Steam has been appearing on GoG. Recently, Bethesda is already unloading all of their titles except for Skyrim and FO4, and Dragon's Dogma has been released.

As for twice the price, that's false as fuck. Some of the old games go for a single dollar in a single GoG sale. No excuse.Sometimes 30 to 50 games with just 50 dollars.
>>
>>381061921
People genuienly dont buy stuff from gog because you can't add the games to steam natively.

Kinda sad.
>>
>>381064378
Yes it does. You just need the client.
>>
>>381064732
I'm an old gamer and I buy my games from there...
>>
how do i download games without having to use GOG Galaxy
>>
>>381061921
Rate my haul:
>Tzar
>Heroes Chronicles
>Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
>STAR WARS Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
>System Shock Enhanced Edition
>Soldiers Heroes of WW2
>Albion
>Act of War
>>
>>381065429
Steam is cancer
>>
>people still buy games in this current year
>>
>>381065582
Go to your library in your browser, click on the game and then on the file on the left column.
>>
>>381065602
>Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Is this any good? Thinking about getting this and the expansions for Warband
>>
>>381061921
Don't you know /v/? It's literally kid's paradise and pirate central.

The stigma about GoG in this place is that since it's a platform that is kind enough to give you the service to download games DRM free, even unloading it into your computer in a separate file, you always constantly see posts like these >>381065650 where "lel just pirate gog games cause they put no protection in their games"

If you so mention GoG for a new game, you'll get nothing but "LOL pirating!"
>>
>>381065436
For how many games? About fifteen, right?
>>
You know how I know GoG is irrelevant garbage that will never amount to anything more than selling breadcrumbs from under Gaben's table? Steamcucks don't even bother trying to attack it, that's how non-competitive and irrelevant it is.
>>
>>381066040
or maybe people who use gog are actually playing games, while people who use steam are too busy bitching about video games to actually play them.
>>
>>381066123
>or maybe people who use gog are actually playing games, while people who use steam are too busy bitching about video games to actually play them.
What has any of this to do with my post? You have the reading comprehension of a 9 year old.
>>
>>381066040
Truth
>>381066123
Truth hurts
>>
>>381066123
>people are too busy playing SWTOR to talk about how great it is
>people are too busy playing Battleborn to talk about how great it is
>people are too busy using Gog to talk about how great it is
I love this meme which is only used to defend failed products.
>>
>>381066040
see
>>381065960

This meme has been going on since at least 2012
>>
Heres a free copy of Alan Wake's American Nightmare that I already own.

CCQ30EC55F759612P5
>>
File: 1493566790128.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493566790128.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>381065960
>it's a platform that is kind enough to sell you games that were previously available for free on Abandonia and HotU, but are now unavailable, because Abandonia and HotU decided to remove most games sold on GoG, since they have to assume that, since GoG is selling these games, they own the distribution rights and have a deal with the publisher, so the abandonware sites don't want to risk legal action against themselves

The hilarious part about this is that GoG doesn't even own the licenses of games they're selling and doesn't always even inform the publisher that they're selling these games. A good example of this are the Descent games that have been pulled from GoG, because GoG did not pay the publisher for selling these games:

https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/30/10691278/descent-games-pulled-from-gog-parallax-interplay

Couple this information with the whole Arcanum fiasco where GoG was caught using pirate cracks in their game releases and everything comes together quite nicely to form a complete picture of what kind of hypocritical scumbag shitstains run the place: they LITERALLY sell repackaged torrents (as proven by the Arcanum fiasco) of PIRATED games (as proven by Descent games and other games pulled from GoG in cases where GoG had no rights to sell them). In other words, mongoloids buying from GoG are LITERALLY paying to pirate.

You have to be a fucking brain-dead drone to buy air from GoG. Say what you want about Steam, but at least it sells games it has a legal right to actually sell.
>>
>>381066812
Does this work on Steam? I don't want it on Gog.
>>
>>381066941
I think its just GOG. Not sure why you'd want DRM copy of the game anyway...
>>
>>381066931
Gog is literally paid piracy. It's illegal. They don't have the rights to sell the games. They just download pirate copies with tons of viruses and sell them for premium prices. Gog's execs would all be in jail if they didn't live in a third world country.
>>
>>381066040
Why would you even bitch or complain about GoG in the first place if you can use either or. There is no exclusivity unless you're that much of a Gaben cock sucker. The only thing Steam has going for it compared to GoG is the popularity and the mega AAA titles to pump Denuvo up your ass. GoG literally annihilates Steam in every other regard except """cheevos""". Steam Communities mean absolute dogshit, now that you have Discord.
>>
File: 1324616216003.gif (247KB, 299x160px) Image search: [Google]
1324616216003.gif
247KB, 299x160px
>>381067107
>now that you have Discord.
>>
>>381066931
This makes no sense. You are a moron or I'm being trolled.
>>
>>381067087
>They don't have the rights to sell the games.
Well, they definitely don't have any IP rights for any of the games they sell apart from shit like Witcher, but they don't need to own the IP rights to sell games, they just need to cut a deal with the publisher to be able to sell them. However, GoG has been caught multiple times selling games without cutting a deal or even informing the publisher that they're selling their games and had to pull those games from their store and people's libraries when the publishers discovered the aforementioned practice.

GoG is run by a bunch of scumbags abusing the abandonware status of old games, except they don't just distribute said games freely, like the abandonware sites of old used to do, they actually have the gall to sell them.

>>381067357
>This makes no sense.
Of course it doesn't, you're a retarded potatodrone with no brain, how can anything make sense to you? Multiple games have been pulled from GoG when these shitstains were caught selling them illegally, but I'm sure that won't make sense to you either.
>>
>>381067087
>>381067357
Yeah, I'm being trolled.
>>
>>381067357
How does it not make sense? We've known for years that Gog sells pirated copies of games. They were caught using pirate cracks by people on the Gog forums. The pirate crack exe even had the signature of the pirates who cracked it. The file actually said
>This game was cracked by [whatever pirate group].
>>
>>381065959
It is not as good as the best Warband Mods, and i mean like the top 20 or so

Viking Conquest has a pretty neat story mode, but not much else
>>
>>381067567
You're delusional moron. Give examples of these pulled games because they were sold illegally.
>>
any hidden gems?
>>
>>381067823
Emperor. (but its really hidden because its on the front page)
>>
@381066931
>The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007. We've talked to them about this numerous times over the years, and finally took action this fall. We served Interplay official notice that they were in breach of the contract, and when they still failed to pay we terminated the agreement.

This means that Interplay has lost the right to sell the Descent games, which is why they came down from GOG. (We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)
>>
>>381067732
>Source: My ass
>>
File: Wat.jpg (31KB, 599x626px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
31KB, 599x626px
>>381066931
>Parallax Software still exists and still owns the copyrights to the Descent games. Under our 21-year-old agreement, Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II, and they have been doing so on Good Old Games and Steam.

>The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007. We've talked to them about this numerous times over the years, and finally took action this fall. We served Interplay official notice that they were in breach of the contract, and when they still failed to pay we terminated the agreement.

>This means that Interplay has lost the right to sell the Descent games, which is why they came down from GOG. (We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)

>(We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)
(We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)

>The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007
The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007
>The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007

>Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II, and they have been doing so on Good Old Games and Steam.
Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II, and they have been doing so on Good Old Games and Steam.
>Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II, and they have been doing so on Good Old Games and Steam.

The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007

Have you read the article you dumb fuck? It seems that Parallax individually was licensing the game under Interplay's knowledge and having been doing so without paying royalties to Interplay, so they took the games down on GoG. Steam did not.

You're fucking intentionally misleading people in this thread you fucking Gaben cum-snorting nigger.
>>
>>381067820
I've already given you an example, you retarded, illiterate shitstain:

https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/30/10691278/descent-games-pulled-from-gog-parallax-interplay

>Parallax said it hasn't been paid any royalties for its Descent games over the past eight years.

GoG has been selling this specific example for several years without actually having the right to do so, there is no excuse.
>>
>>381066040
>Witcher Dev's config DOS box to run old games for a couple bucks a pop and provide DRM free versions of beloved classics on the side
>SELLING THE CRUMBS FROM UNDER GABENS TABLE, DONT EVEN BOTHER ATTACKING

You realize not everything is an epic anime conflict right?
>>
File: 1464459901392.gif (3MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1464459901392.gif
3MB, 300x196px
>>381067107
>now that you have Discord
>>
>>381062895
>prices better than Steam

who the fuck buys on steam? is it cheaper than G2A?
>>
>>381068050
Fucking retard
>>381068035
>>
>>381066931
Nigga, did you even read the article? It's interplay that hasn't paid royalties to descent, interplay is the one that put it up on gog.
And yea they used a crack, there was no other way to remove the drm.
>>
>>381067990
>>381068035
ITT: illiterate shitstains incapable of reading comprehension. The scumbags from GoG cut a deal with Interplay to sell Descent games, however, Interplay did not hold the IP rights for the said games at the time, so, technically, GoG was selling the games illegaly for several years, which is the reason these games have been pulled from GoG.

Again, there is no excuse, this is literally a case of GoG selling games they never had a right to sell, you have to be brain dead to defend shit like this.
>>
>>381068061
There's no problem in configuring dosbox for your games yourself unless you're an underage mong who never touched an operating system older than Windows 7.
But by all means please buy your overpriced abandonware, I won't stop you.
>>
>>381068005
>he actually doesn't know
Are you new here in /v/?

>Deus Ex Invisible War uses pirate patch
https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_series/deus_ex_invisible_war_uses_fairlight_crack
>Flatout uses pirate cracks
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/gog_uses_crack_to_remove_flatouts_protection
>Cultures 2 uses pirate crack
https://www.gog.com/forum/cultures_series/gog_cultures_2_uses_the_cracked_cultures2exe_nocd_version_by_dynasty

There are even more. Gog routine sells pirated copies of games for money. It's a scam company.
>>
>>381068050
As I previously said, you're a delusional moron. Read the article again and provide actual examples.
>>
>>381068104
So? That just means both GoG and Steam are same disgusting Jews but Steam at least provide service and games, unlike GoG that only had benefit of being 'fair' but not anymore.
>>
>>381068156
>interplay is the one that put it up on gog.
Yeah, without having the right to do so, you shit-eating mongoloid. So yes, GoG scum has been selling games they never had a right to sell for several years. Remember this once GoG gets caught red-handed again and "your" games get pulled from your GoG library just like all of these games here were:

http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_removed_from_GOG
>>
File: fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg (35KB, 556x350px) Image search: [Google]
fig,white,mens,ffffff.jpg
35KB, 556x350px
>>381068083
>paying money for stolen keys
>>
>>381068262
Gog did the same with Arcanum but they deleted the thread to hide it.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_arcanum_release_uses_warez_scene_crack/page1

Here's a discussion of the thread:
http://www.fuyoh.net/2010/05/06/gog-works-in-mysterious-ways/
>>
Because you can pirate literally every game sold on GOG with no effort.
>>
>>381068318
As I've previously said, you're incapable of reading comprehension and have no clue how the legal system works. Enjoy "your" games being pulled from your library once GoG gets caught abusing abandonware status of games again.
>>
>>381068227
I guess you forgot the part where it said that they were selling it on Steam as well too you fucking retarded little shit, and instead of taking it down Steam just decided to leave it up simply because they didn't want to. The same fiasco during paid mods where original modders were getting cucked because other people were unloading their mods and selling it for themselves. First come first serve. Steam is the ultimate fucking Jews and scumbag here you absolute nignog.
>>
File: 1473336267738.jpg (18KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1473336267738.jpg
18KB, 400x327px
>>381067107
>now that you have Discord
>>
>>381068418
Bought over 40 games, never had a single problem, pay a buck for Shield then if you're too retarded to buy from sellers with 10% rating, or you can pay for pirated games on GoG.
>>
>>381068384
Those are games removed from sales, you can still download them if you had previously purchased them.
>>
>>381068508
>b-but Steam
Typical shit-eating potatodrone. here's a hint: if Steam didn't remove it, they've managed to come to an agreement with the rightful IP holders, unlike the greedy pieces of shit at GoG.
>>
>>381068227
They literally did have the right to distribute the games, but they (interplay) did not pay the royalties they were supposed to, thus breaking the contract after the fact.
>>
>>381068602
>Those are games removed from sales
No, dumbfuck, the Descent games alone invalidate your whole statement. Enjoy losing your games.
>>
>>381068249
>Overpriced abandonware
Half a dozen of my GoG games were free including Saints Row 2 recently, which was a fun revisit. Another handful were imported for Steam including all of Stalker and Mountain Blade, and the rest of the games I've spent $1.50-$3.00 on and are great for convienent Lan Parties.

Plus all the little goodies like soundtracks being provided, I don't know why people think GoG is such a waste of time or piece of shit. Nothing but a bonus in my eyes.
>>
>>381068731
>They literally did have the right to distribute the games
They didn't, you fucking mongoloid, because Interplay did not have the right to grant them such distribution rights, since Interplay was not the owner of the IP associated with the games at the moment when distribution "rights" were granted.
>>
>>381068262
>>381068439
It's because the guys who sell the games or have the license don't even bother with it's source code and don't know where it is.

The games will only work as much as the new Windows and community updates will let you play it. It's already troublesome to run many old games on Windows 10 and if they finally pull the plug on the older APIs, say goodbye to your old games.

Shit we really need a fucking WindowsBOX right now. Too bad PCem is pretty much one man effort.
>>
>>381068639
So? What fucking point are you making? They were both selling it at the time, GoG decided to take it down, Steam didn't.

The point you were making is that it was GoG was doing this alone, because you're a misleading Gaben dick head-bobbing cretin.
>>
>>381068838
Saints Row 2 is a shit port. Fitting because the same company behind Gog made the PC port of that game.
>>
>>381066931
>says GOG is selling games illegally
>links to an article in which Steam is selling games illegally and GOG isn't
Really bakes my bread
>>
>>381066010
More like 200, steamcuck. You are retarded for needing achievements in the first place. I bet you also like Trading Cards and crafting badges.
>>
>abandonware meme
I literally bought a recent game for 5 dollaridoos.
Its the same shit as a steam sale m8 I dont get all the memes
>>
>>381068749
Except you can still download them from gog if you had previously purchased them
https://descendentstudios.com/community/topic/3254-descent-1-3-removed-from-sale-on-gog/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3yqosj/gog_takes_down_descent_from_store_because/
>>
>>381068898
see
>>381068372
and stop spamming already
>>
>>381068898
>Steam didn't.
Because Steam decided to come to an agreement with the actual IP rights holder, unlike the fuckers from GoG who just ran with the money. Not removing the games when you're told to is grounds for legal action, neither GoG nor Steam would risk not complying with the IP rights holder's demands.
>>
>>381061921
>GoG having anything to do with purchasing games
>Not just looking for GoG group releases
lmaoin at u're life
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (404KB, 664x924px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
404KB, 664x924px
>>381068227
>Typical shit-eating potatodrone. here's a hint: if Steam didn't remove it, they've managed to come to an agreement with the rightful IP holders, unlike the greedy pieces of shit at GoG.

In your very fucking article

You're such a lying fucking shit, it's amazing to what lengths Steamdrone will reach to please their overlord Gaben.

I hope Gaben lathered his dick with Jasmine cream especially for you kid.
>>
>>381069328
*buys game from steam*
>>
>>381069398
Well no shit, you don't get Steam achievements otherwise. However you are allowed to pirate DLC on Steam with impunity so knock yourself out.
>>
>>381069374
Polygon isn't a very trustworthy website.
Why won't you ask Interplay yourself?
>>
>>381061921
It's gotten threads just not all the time.
>>
>>381068853
the article said interplay were licensed to sell the titles, under the contract that parrallax software be given a cut from each sale. since interplay did not give parallax software royalties, parallax software terminated the agreement. i am rewording the article by the way
>>
>>381069374
Again, you illiterate dumbfcuk, if Steam did not remove the games at the time, they had a reason not to (maybe they were planning on coming to an agreement with the IP rights holder, I don't really know). You do not ignore an IP rights holder's demands without a reason not to, because that's grounds for legal action. So you can go fuck yourself with your retarded nonsense. GoG scumbags, on the other hand, just took the mmoney they've made from selling the games illegally and ran. Typical third third-world shitholians.
>>
File: 1495867880688.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1495867880688.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>381069487
>cheevos
>>
>>381069548
>under the contract that parrallax software be given a cut from each sale. since interplay did not give parallax software royalties...
...Interplay had no right to grant any distribution rights to anyone else. That's how the legal system works and that's why the games were removed from GoG.
>>
File: 1497324085297.png (85KB, 606x505px) Image search: [Google]
1497324085297.png
85KB, 606x505px
>>381069670
it ok pepe u will hav frend to cheevo with sum day
>>
>>381069770
>Under our 21-year-old agreement, Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II
>>
>>381066931
>Somehow GOG is at fault for Interplay not paying royalties
>Arcanum """fiasco"""
I love reading this meme. What exactly is the problem and why should I care? Are they supposed to pay the pirates for removing the DRM? Explain your mental gymnastics.
>>
>gog accidentally selling a game they didn't have the rights to is comparable to the myriad of anti-consumer practices valve has done

WEW
>>
File: 39.jpg (33KB, 541x563px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
33KB, 541x563px
>>381069648
>Steam did not remove the games at the time
>they had a reason not to
i bet
>>
File: 1488748711629.jpg (118KB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
1488748711629.jpg
118KB, 1200x654px
>>381069902
>under the contract that parrallax software be given a cut from each sale
Keep trying to wriggle out of the contract terms, gogcuck, it's hilarious to watch, but here's a hint: the scumbags who run GoG didn't manage to do so and neither will you.

So, in conclusion, let's list the pure facts about GoG:
1. GoG has been caught selling games they had no right to sell.
2. GoG has been caught using pirate cracks in their game releases.

These are the facts nobody can argue. Now, if GoG were caught using pirated cracks in a game release they never had a right to sell in the first place, that would the cherry on the top.
>>
File: 20170116_173353.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_173353.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>381065602
>Tzar
God tier taste my dude
>>
>>381070125
your bait is obnoxious, you cannot just say everything you say is factual when it isn't even what the article the argument is about says
>>
>>381061921
Speaking of the sale, does anyone have the installers for Oblivion or Fallout 3/NV? The DRM free ones GoG has are the best.
>>
>>381070125
>1. GoG has been caught selling games they had no right to sell.
Source for this because Descent isn't one of them.

>2. GoG has been caught using pirate cracks in their game releases.
Okay.
>>
>>381069073
>Trading Cards

Free money? Yeah, hate it
>>
>>381069374
>links polygon article
Im going to assume that what you wrote was just bullshit
>>
>>381066931
really enjoying this comment chain and watching this retard twist and squirm.
>>
>>381070424
>you cannot just say everything you say is factual when it isn't even what the article the argument is about says
Oh, but it is. No royalties were paid, which means the contract became null and void, which means Interplay never had the right any distribution rights to anyone, which is the reason the games were removed from GoG. Again, the simple fact that the games were removed from sale is proof enough that you're wrong.

>>381070653
>Descent isn't one of them.
But it is and I've already explained why, though I do not expect someone with potatoes for brains to concur.
>>
File: (You).png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
33KB, 1020x426px
>>381070125
>1. GoG has been caught selling games they had no right to sell.
Except the article you posted says otherwise.
>2. GoG has been caught using pirate cracks in their game releases.
Okay. Now explain why this is a problem, because I just don't see it.
>>
>>381070904
>Interplay never had the right any distribution rights to anyone
*Interplay never had the right to grant any distribution rights to anyone
>>
File: ahahahaha.jpg (119KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
ahahahaha.jpg
119KB, 1024x682px
>>381070125
>GoG has been caught selling games they had no right to sell.

The same can be said for Steam you mongoloid. You shouldn't even be using this argument now that you got completely fucking destroyed in this thread

>GoG has been caught using pirate cracks in their game releases.

This is so fucking false, the only thing I heard any correlation with pirated copies was using their methods to make games runnable on modern computers.

And even if that was true I really don't fucking understand the argument to this claim or the complaint. If you can sell workable games, even if that means pirated methods to make old games work, I don't even see the fucking problem. Crackers don't have a copyright for their work you nigger, if GoG pulls it from them to make it suitable for them that have at it. You decide to pirate those games because of sopme "moral faggotry" that some cracker somewhere did it first nigger. Let me know if you can find those old torrents faggot, now that GoG makes it easier.
>>
>>381070904
>But it is and I've already explained why, though I do not expect someone with potatoes for brains to concur.
Your reasons were incorrect though.
Post another source that supports your claims
>>
>>381070938
>Except the article you posted says otherwise.
Keep telling yourself that, when it has been proven without a doubt that GoG scum never had the right to sell the game in the first place.

Keep paying to pirate, you fuckers are pathetic.
>>
>>381068985
And the same company behind GoG made the Witcher series, who gives a fuck? Saints Row 2 is still the best in the series and it was just given away DRM free at no price.
>>
>>381070904
>which means the contract became null and void
>became
past tense, therefore wasn't null while it was being sold (it isn't anymore)

>which means Interplay never had the right any distribution rights to anyone
>never
which is it? even you don't agree with the shit you are spewing
>>
>>381061921
Thanks for letting me know. I just went on out of curiosity and saw that Anno 1404 /v/ always raves about for a couple of quid. Might as well try it.
>>
>>381071093
If GOG had left the games up, then you'd have an argument anon, but that's not the case. The games came down as soon as they were told to take them down.
They were allowed to sell the games while the license was held by Interplay, but once the contract was torn up between Parallax and Interplay, they were not allowed to sell the games and they removed them.
>>
File: 390867609958b6204213.jpg (225KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
390867609958b6204213.jpg
225KB, 1024x520px
>>381070691
>''Free'' private currency?Yeah , i'm a total sucker
>>
>>381071068
>This is so fucking false
You are denying literal facts, you are retarded, there are multiple threads on GoG forums discussing the Arcanum crack fiasco, kill yourself.

>The same can be said for Steam
Then why didn't Steam remove the games immediately, oh yeah, because they had a reason not to, since nobody would risk not complying with IP rights holder's demands without reason. I know logic is not your strong point, but at least try using that brain of yours, dumbfuck.

>>381071084
>Your reasons were incorrect though. Your shit opinion on why my reasons "were incorrect" is irrelevant, though. I have the contract terms to support my claim, you have shit falling out of your mouth.

The condition for Interplay having the rights to sell the games was that Interplay should pay the royalties. No royalties were paid, so the contract became null and void, which means Interplay never had the right to grant distribution rights to anyone. There is no argument here and no excuse.
>>
File: peepee.jpg (24KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
24KB, 395x578px
>>381069648
If Steam has the right to sell it then why aren't they doing that any more? You wouldn't except Gaben to pass on an opportunity to make money with zero effort.
>>
>>381071296
>>381071156
Keep trying to wriggle out of those contract terms, this is hilarious to watch. GoG shitstains couldn't do it and neither will you. So, in the end, GoG was selling games they never had a right to sell in the first place.
>>
>>381068083
Just use Humble Bundle those can be good even for 12$ a month you can get some high end games.
>>
>>381071389
>then why aren't they doing that any more
Ask Gaben, I know why GoG isn't doing that anymore, though.
>>
File: 1493830842441.png (278KB, 584x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493830842441.png
278KB, 584x410px
>>381067107
>Now that you have discord
>>
>>381065582
Use a torrent and download instead.
>>
>>381071362
Name three (3) things wrong with free steam money
>>
File: Sid_Meier's_SimGolf_Coverart.png (342KB, 407x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sid_Meier's_SimGolf_Coverart.png
342KB, 407x500px
>Still no SimGolf

Fuck, when is this game gonna be put on one of these storefronts?
>>
File: Earthworm Pepe.png (349KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
Earthworm Pepe.png
349KB, 600x570px
>>381071375
>>381071528
>Ask Gaben, I know why GoG isn't doing that anymore, though.
Maybe because of the same reason? Have you considered that? The game was pulled from Steam just 2 weeks later.
>>
Thanks for reminding me OP, just went and bought some games
>>
>>381068227

that's not gogs fault shit fuck. it's the fault of the people who gave them the rights.
>>
>Good Old Games offers DRM free games for sale
>gabenguzzlers lose their shit
kek how's it feel supporting a company that's been nothing but a big tumor on the nutsack of PC gaming?
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51KB, 549x563px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51KB, 549x563px
>buying gog games when steam sale begins thursday
>>
>>381071156
>therefore wasn't null while it was being sold
>what are cases of contracts being void with retroactive effect
Again, you are retarded.

>>381071945
>Maybe because of the same reason? Have you considered that?
Of course, but I'm not a retard who thinks Gaben would risk a lawsuit without having a good reason not to remove the games immediately. Maybe Valve tried to reach a new agreement with the actual IP rights holders and maybe they didn't agree with the amount of money Valve would have to pay retroactively for selling the games in the first place, I don't know. Fact is, Valve didn't remove the games which implies attempts at further negotiations, which, in turn, imply negotiations about Valve paying royalties to the actual IP rights holders. Meanwhile, GoG scum just ran with the money, as expected of them.

>>381072154
>that's not gogs fault
Tell that to the judge, LMAO.

>it's the fault of the people who gave them the rights.
Interplay didn't give them shit, since they had no right to give them anything in the first place.
>>
File: 17863356565.jpg (544KB, 3066x2300px) Image search: [Google]
17863356565.jpg
544KB, 3066x2300px
>>381071763
>free
>steam
>money
one of these things is not like the others ,one of these things is wrong
>>
>>381072252
lol Steam LITERALLY prevented PC gaming from dying you idiot

Read a history book, moran
>>
>>381064889
it's the best dice rolling fun I've ever had. you will love it, specially because it takes places in the Forgotten Realms setting.
>>
>>381072305
I couldn't help but notice you didn't do what I asked. Hmmm... what could that mean...
>>
>>381071172
It's got all the older ones too, if you care.
>>
>>381072305
You can actually get money if you get a rare knife drop in CS Go. They can be sold for 75$ to 250$ in some cases.
>>
File: 1497167617860.jpg (17KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1497167617860.jpg
17KB, 401x401px
>>381071945
not that other guy, but yeah, same issue. steam also sells games running in dosbox so i really dont see what the difference between either group, so eh
from the letter Parallax themselves
"This means that Interplay has lost the right to sell the Descent games, which is why they came down from GOG. (We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)". so steam did the same thing, continue to sell the game without negotiating or paying royalties, althought its unknown if steam reimbursed or did anything after that point

>>381072272
>Interplay didn't give them shit, since they had no right to give them anything in the first place.
they gave them incorrectly and fraudulently. you guys are arguing semantics but YOUR semantics are weaker, sorry. they actually had the rights, and would of kept them if they paid, until that specific, unclarified date.
>>
>>381072270
gog sells games that steam doesn't, and unlike steam there's semblance of quality control, as games often won't get sold if they don't work on modern machines.
>>
>>381072540
>they gave them incorrectly and fraudulently
Which means they didn't give them shit. Again, contracts can be voided retroactively, which is equivalent to the said contract having never existed.

>YOUR semantics are weaker
There are contract terms and legal definitions, your shit opinion is irrelevant.
>>
File: 5.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>381072439
and i couldn't help but notice your bait
>>
File: NeverwinterNights_12_1920x1080.jpg (988KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NeverwinterNights_12_1920x1080.jpg
988KB, 1920x1080px
What are some GoG games with cool dragon NPCs? I don't mind old graphics or bad controls.
>>
>>381072657
right, but at the time they gave gog and steam it, it was still valid, and neither would have any reason or ability to know otherwise. its completely out of steam/gogs control. regardless of all that, if you still think they did something wrong, then both companies did something wrong.
>>
There were threads but they disappeared because deals never change.

Steam also used to have 24/7 generals during big sales but those died when Steam killed flash deals
>>
File: Steam Wojak.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
Steam Wojak.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>381072272
>Of course, but I'm not a retard who thinks Gaben would risk a lawsuit without having a good reason
>Steam gets sued because they think they are above Australian laws
Right, they would never risk facing a lawsuit.
>Interplay is the only one at fault
>GOG pulls the game immediately
>Steam takes 2 weeks longer to remove them and this is somehow proof that they paid money to the developer
>They should have pulled the game immediately to prevent more illegal sales instead and do the """negotiations""" that never happened then
Your bias is showing.
>>
>>381072353
>"w-we saved the games! b-be grateful!"
>slaps DRM into every single fucking thing on their store
You GABENGUZZLERS have Stockholm syndrome. Even if they saved it, that doesn't mean it's ok for them to be the cancerous lump they are.

People who think Valve is beyond reproach are the same kind of people who would defend Apple and Google's herding people into ecosystems isolated from one another.
>>
>>381072252
Steam changed not only PC gaming but also transformed the landscape with their sales and games. There was a time when Steam was not even that popular but they were smart

TF2 free to play game that makes Valve a shit load of money. 2.50$ to unlock more item inventory and the ability to buy accessories. Overwatch tries to clone it because of how successful it is.

PSN, now does monthly sales and deep discounts along with free games.

I highly doubt these moves were because other companies thought of it first.
>>
>>381072868
Like it or not, Steam and DRM is what gave developers confidence to go back to PC
>>
I got Doom + Doom 2 along with it's packs. Quake 3 Gold, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Red Faction. It ain't much but I'm pretty happy with what I got.
>>
>>381072764
>but at the time they gave gog and steam it, it was still valid
I'll repeat this for the third time for truly special dumbfucks like you: CONTRACTS CAN BE VOIDED RETROACTIVELY, WHICH IS EQUIVALENT TO THE SAID CONTRACT HAVING NEVER EXISTED.

>Void or Void Ab Initio Definition
>Not legally binding. A document that is void is useless and worthless; as if it did not exist.

>A purported legal status or legal document that is taken to have never been valid or enforceable. from the start, from the moment of its purported existence.
>never been valid or enforceable. from the start

>if and when judicial determination is required, the Court will declare a document or purported legal status void, an exercise that is by definition retroactive

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/V/VoidorVoidAbInitio.aspx

There is no argument here, GoG has been selling games they never had a right to sell. Period.

>>381072857
>Interplay is the only one at fault
Again, tell it to the fucking judge. GoG never had the rights to sell anything, yet they did, which is all that amtters. Now go fuck yourself, potatodrone.
>>
File: moments before death.gif (70KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
moments before death.gif
70KB, 480x270px
>>381072868
steam dosent put drm onto the games unless the developer/publisher specifically requests and pays for it. steam also noted that it was the only way they could convince early users of the steam store to even use them, offering a base drm.
absolutely nothing stops you from putting a game onto steam with no drm whatsover, you literally have to click agree and pay ( usually in the form of a percentage from sales but same thing conceptually ).
Theres something around like 500 games that do this. theres plenty of terrible things steam does but this isnt one of them.
>>
>>381072970
This is true. At some point you have to accept Gog will never make it. I mean ffs they do not think Visual Novels are actual games and the irony is they could have made good money off of that. But then again Steam took the chance and it's paying off huge time.
>>
>>381073073
Unfortunately you are talking to EU refugees it's hard to speak any sense into them.
>>
>>381073073
right, so your saying steam and gog could of known that interplay would void the contract years after the fact, and therefor are scumbags. your twisting what you originally said around more and more so it wont look like your wrong when you could just say "i was wrong, this is what i ment".

interplay is the one who was in the wrong here, steam nor gog did anything wrong.
>>
>>381073230

You also have to consider that Steam itself acts as a form of DRM.
>>
File: 1429951799093.png (816KB, 590x354px) Image search: [Google]
1429951799093.png
816KB, 590x354px
>>381072523
WRONG
you can sell a non physical cosmetic item specifically made for one platform (stEAM) and for use within it for virtual currency only used on their platform (stEAmbux) that you can then trade for real money or just do it on the black market where you are illegal as far as stEAm is concerned and the item still only has value within that one specific platform (stEAm) , either way Gaben gets his cut
Also
>CS Go.
not surprised they have to pay people to play that these days
>>
>>381073298
>they do not think Visual Novels are actual games
Because some of them really aren't? If you think curation is a bad thing then you can still use Steam. There are people who don't want to dig through thousands of trash games.
>the irony is they could have made good money off of that
Good. That proves that money isn't the only thing they care about.
>>
>>381072970
>Steam and DRM is what gave developers confidence to go back to PC
And you can defend this cancerous bullshit how?

I see /v/ lament the corporatization of vidya all the fucking time, but when it comes time to criticize the one truly holy and apostolic Valve, people get all "realist" and say "no dude we needed them to let us partake in the jewing of what we enjoy" like some kind of browbeaten husband who's too afraid to leave his fat bitch of a wife.

All these big companies want to do is suck your money out of your wallet and lock you into an ecosystem loaded with DRM and "neat cool services like paid mods, platform specific DLC, etc"

It's the seed to the cancer this place loathes, and I can't help but notice that my fellow PC gamers are a little hypocritical on the subject.
>>
>>381073447
>Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap GOG bro! Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>381073446
and those 500 games dont need steam running at all to play them. you dont even need steam to have ever been installed for those games to work. ive done this before, i moved my steam files of the game to a laptop, and played it on that laptop. it was ftl, faster then light.
>>
>>381073393
>so your saying steam and gog could of known that interplay would void the contract years after the fact, and therefor are scumbags.
The difference between Steam and GoG is that Steam did not remove the game immediately, which implies further attempts at negotiation with the actual IP rights holders, which, in turn, implies negotiations about Valve paying royalties to the IP rights holders for selling the games. This is how respectable business do it.

GoG took down the games immediately and ran with the money they've made selling the games immediately. That's how third-world shitholians do it.
>>
>>381073230
This > >>381073446

Steam is DRM. That's my point.
>>
I spent $32 on gog today. I Bought

Aragami
Spelunky
Galak-Z
Oxenfree
Hotline miami 2
Crypt of the necrodancer
Prison Architect
Kerbal Space Program

Are my tastes good /v/?
>>
>>381073298
>I mean ffs they do not think Visual Novels are actual games

bait, i know, but im still going to take it. GOG would be correct, CYOA Goosebumps novels are not games and neither are VNs. It's split like this;

>stories with game mechanics
or
>games with story mechanics
>>
>>381073598
>implying
Steam did absolutely nothing, because they pulled the games after all. You are really delusional if you think the greedy jew is giving away money for free because he really wasn't at fault here this time. At best he was taking his time to milk some more sales from people who went to buy it after they saw GOG pulling it and realized that it would happen to Steam too.
>>
>>381073751
sure, looks like you picked games from a best indie games toplist
>>
>>381061921
>Because some of them really aren't? If you think curation is a bad thing then you can still use Steam.
> There are people who don't want to dig through thousands of trash games

There are trash games obviously but it's not really that much. Steam is cleaning that up with algorithm fixes by making sure games that sell well and are played etc are seen more on the store and recommended not the trash games. So argument invalid. Visual novels as much as you think they are not games are interactive they do have choices a lot of times even if it's not much.

>Good. That proves that money isn't the only thing they care about.

You are right, they just care about being a dead platform that nobody will ever use.
>>
File: oRZDMy3.jpg (554KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
oRZDMy3.jpg
554KB, 3264x2448px
>>381073598
its probably because steams a larger company with hundreds and thousands of more games and thus more mail to go with it.

anyways, the agreement was for interplay to pay royalities to parralax, which apparently no longer existed the second it was voided. there wouldnt be anything to renegotiate, it would of had to be an entirely new agreement, of which during that time steam would be illegally selling a game they didnt have rights to.

>>381073562
nothings changed, companies have always had rights on these things and could always revoke your copy if they wanted, they just couldnt do it easily. cd keys for online games were bannable then just as they are now, and thats what makes them common: online. now its very easy to revoke a license like they always have held the right onto, its just now they dont have to commit public relations suicide by going door to door and wasting all that time and money just to stop you.

>>381073632
no, steamworks is the drm, steam itself dosent need to be running for roughly 500 games on the market to work. steamWORKS is the drm that locks down specific games

im not even disagreeing about drm being bad or whatnot, im just pointing out when you get mad a game has drm, its because the game developer specifically requested the use and enforcement of drm on his game. theres a litany of completely drm free games on steam, and if it bugs you you can just play from that list?
>>
>>381073846
T. Never played a visual novel before and thinking that it's not a game.

As long as choices exist and also as long as input is required it is a game. How is it any different than the QTE games that exist now a days or Heavy Rain? They are all games regardless.
>>
>>381073632
Yes. This

Steam is g-damned DRM people

Can you play games which require an update while your offline? no

Can you open your game without opening steam? no

Can you play your games if you uninstall steam? no

DRM
>>
I bought the TW3 DLCs, xcom and Sam and Max hit the road.
>>
>>381074263
>Offline

When are you ever offline? We live in the modern world where that rarely happens and even if it does some steam games can work for a few days and some do not have DRM. Besides you list points that are petty anyways.
>>
>>381074421
>when will you ever need freedom?
>you don't have an issue now so obviously you won't mind never being able to do what you want
>>
File: 1496803823643.jpg (214KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1496803823643.jpg
214KB, 1024x1365px
>>381074263
>Can you play games which require an update while your offline?
if it dosent have steamworks, yes
>Can you open your game without opening steam?
>Can you play your games if you uninstall steam?

is steamworks an optional part of steam a curator/developer/whatever you wanna call has to request to be implemented? yes. can you atleast read what your quoting?
>>
File: 1468224152703.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468224152703.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>381061921
>>381062281
>>381062895
>>381066123

Steam actually has relevant games. GOG doesn't.

It's not some conspiracy, people don't talk about GOG because once you've got all the old games you want there's nothing else there for you to buy.
>>
>>381074421
Sometimes I lose internet during big storms but still have power. Sometimes I move to a new place and dont have internet for a bit.

There are no games on steam without DRM because steam itself is DRM - If you dont open steam you cant acees those 'DRM' free games your talking about

If you uninstall steam you lose ALL your games

petty? Why the negative words? I'm not angry at you. I dont even know who you are. Just listing facts.
>>
>>381074421
>When are you ever offline? We live in the modern world where that rarely happens and even if it does some steam games can work for a few days and some do not have DRM. Besides you list points that are petty anyways.

When do you ever need to lock your bathroom door? We live in the modern world where people know not to bust in while you're taking a shit and even if they do then it's not a big deal because it's not the end of the world anways. Besides, those reasons are petty anyways.
>>
>paying for abandonware
Do people actually do this or is it just GoG shills?
>>
File: gack gack gack.jpg (200KB, 961x658px) Image search: [Google]
gack gack gack.jpg
200KB, 961x658px
>>381073571
just 4U
>>
File: 1496639175157.jpg (60KB, 552x429px) Image search: [Google]
1496639175157.jpg
60KB, 552x429px
>>381074557
>Uses strawman unrelated to the argument
>Thinks he is winning

Not an argument.
>>
File: 1496863927112.jpg (556KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1496863927112.jpg
556KB, 1200x1553px
>>381074692
>There are no games on steam without DRM because steam itself is DRM - If you dont open steam you cant acees those 'DRM' free games your talking about
literally wrong to the tune of 500
>Just listing facts
no
>>
>>381074572
Please show me games without steamworks.
>>
>>381074701
How is this related to DRM existing on your PC?
>>
>>381074776
>Autistic screeching

(You)
>>
>>381074965
If you can't understand the "you don't ever need to do that anyways so stop complaining" analogy, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: gogvidya.png (1MB, 1090x840px) Image search: [Google]
gogvidya.png
1MB, 1090x840px
>>381074640
The only advantage Steam has is newer games, most of which are either bad or you could play on a console and get a better experience. All I use Steam for is playing normie games with my friends who don't have consoles or for the occasional MMO or Japanese game I can't get on my console. GOG has most of the actually good PC games, and that's what I spend most of my gametime on my PC with. I still have 300+ games to play through, I bought about 20 games during this sale.
>>
>>381074239
I never called Heavy Rain a game, you inferred that just now.

Like i said, you have 2 ways of looking at this: stories with game mechanics and games with story mechanics. Those represent the extreme values of the divide with everything being closer to one than the other. No doubt that there could be VNs that fall more toward games that not, just as there are "games" that are more stories than anything else.

As a general rule of thumb though, VNs are not games and visa versa. Thats not hate, just acknowledgment.

GOG wants to focus on games, they think they know what that market wants, how that market operates and how to make improvments in that sector. Specialisation is not a negative thing and that's all GOG is doing.

And i should point out, this is coming from someone who doesn't use GOG much, so no i'm no fucboi cuckmaster.
>>
File: shoulder-shrug.jpg (4MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-shrug.jpg
4MB, 4288x2848px
>>381074961
http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
the page helpfully lists and notes ones that do require fiddling with, but, as noted on the page "The games or software on this list do not have any DRM once they are installed which means that they do not require the Steam client to be played."
it also notes the doxbox games, and points out that those dont have any drm either.

which way do the goalposts move?
>>
>>381074785
>using buzzwords without knowing what they mean
>>
has anyone played Butcher? is it worth $6?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWOx0rNTr8

>>381075058
>not sucking AAA Publisher cock at Mach speed
there's hope yet
>>
>>381074263
>Steam is g-damned DRM people
Get out faggot. You can say god damned. Go on, say it. GOD DAMN.
>>
>>381075109
>visa versa
>>
>>381075127

>implying steam evens makes old games actually work

at least you get an almost foolproof plug and plag experience from GoG. steam can't be fucked.
>>
>>381075109
>Focus on games
>It's what the market wanted
>Does not allow Visual Novels
>Their not games so why bother
>Steam makes a lot of sales from them and basically makes even more profit.

I mean can you see what is wrong with this picture? Maybe some do not think it's a game, but visual novels do have interactive experiences that do transform the story. It's the most barebones of what you can call a game and I agree. But it's still a game none the less.
>>
>>381075127
What goalposts? I asked, you showed.
Thanks! Bookmarked
>>
File: Nerd-shrugging-shrug.jpg (21KB, 525x275px) Image search: [Google]
Nerd-shrugging-shrug.jpg
21KB, 525x275px
>>381075127
oh, huh. its interesting to note that...half life 2 and its episodes, and half life source themselves dont have steamworks drm
you can play half life 2 without steam running or steamworks running, steams own pretty much flagship title

>>381075275
not always, interstate 76 never really worked for me, but eh, not really the point. tried it over 3 machines and never had any luck with it making past the first mission. ill give it a another shot sometime i guess.
>>
>>381075201
>Psychological projection the post.
>>
>>381061921
who the fuck buys games from GOG?
>>
>>381075207
it would have if the game was not the pixelblob mess it is
>>
File: poland.jpg (71KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
poland.jpg
71KB, 500x460px
>please go and buy another 7 copies of Dungeon Keeper 2 guys it's got no DRM!
>>
>>381075539
old viking dudes
>>
>>381075539
Many, or it would not exist.
>>
>>381075539
Me during the sale
>>
>>381075468
my point being is that the reason people buy from gog is that gog actually attempt to make sure the shit they sell will work on most systems, whereas steam is notorious for just putting the day 1 release versions of old games up for sale with no patches et al for ever and ever.
>>
>>381075539
>>
>>381074772
It's not abandoned if it's for sale you retard.
>>
What should I grab?
>>
>>381075804
A beer and steam cards.
>>
>>381075705
sometimes, as noted way up above a few of their games were literally just pirated copies using cracks with crackers signatures in it. this isnt the weirdest thing to happen, nintendo was selling a rom of super mario bros on the wii virtual console and someone dug it apart and it still has the ines header in it. nintendo just downloaded a rom from the piratebay or something and used that dump.
>>
>>381075127
>15,406 games in the database
>500 lack DRM

Station Log: #3762
Date: 6-19-2017
Time: 04:00

Houston, upon reaching the outer rim of our solar system, I've come across a strange phenomena and I'm having trouble explaining exactly what is going on to my crew members. It seems that upon reaching the orbit of Pluto, every single crewman's sides had detached from their bodies within 5 minutes of each other. Now I can't explain that, but I most definitely cannot explain what happened next. Having detatched themselves from our bodies, our sides had managed to plop their way to the port wing of the ship and operate the airlock. Now, these words I'm about to type out are ones I never thought I'd ever have to in my entire life, but here goes. Upon our sides leaving the air lock and floating out into space, we began to run some diagnotics on their orbit. Well, you're not going to believe this, but every single one of our sides had begun to orbit the station in a perfect circle. I cannot explain what I saw earlier today, but we will keep you updated in case anything new arises.
>>
File: g3bMg.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
g3bMg.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>381076341
>which way do the goalposts move?
there we go. from you cant, to, well, you can but thats insignificant.

it could be literally 1, but the existence of one singular game makes the statement steam is drm, you cant play the games without steam and do you need steam for games requiring an update wrong.
>>
>>381075991
there are instances of that too, and sometimes they use fanpatches and shit as well, but they also do hard coding fixes like making games that cannot into 64 bit os, work on 64 bit os.
>>
>>381076468
I'm not even one of the anons you were arguing with. I just wanted an excuse to post some tortellini.
>>
>>381076585
post away amigo.

anyways, its funny when you point out to gog diehards that gog galaxy is drm, and while you dont need it to play your games...singleplayer, you need it to play the online components. but its not drm, since you can play your games without it!....just not online.
>>
>>381066931
>Interplay fucks over Parallax, Steam, and GoG
>GoG removes the games immediately, Steam moves more slowly (they're no longer on Steam either)
>somehow everything is GoG's fault
bruh I hope u b trolling and not actually this dumb
>>
>>381077034

pcbro gaben cock suckers always gotta be retarded man. always.
>>
>>381068050
>asked for examples to support "caught multiple times"
>reposts the same link that says nothing bad about GoG at all
>>
>>381074640
>Steam actually has relevant games. GOG doesn't.

True enough, I guess. GOG is playing decent catch up but I think they have actually some standards on what's allowed on their platform.
>>
>>381077257
V.A.L.V.E.D.R.O.N.E*

what the fuck? my PC doesn't even HAVE autocorrect on the browser i use how the fuck did it change v.a.l.v.e.d.r.o.n.e into pcbro FFS fucking mods autofilter the word to protect the fee fees of autistic faggots?
>>
>>381077374
>btfo by a filter
>and not even able to understand the post he quoted
wew lad
>>
>>381068507
>Enjoy "your" games being pulled from your library
All else aside, the whole point of DRM-free is it doesn't matter what the store does. GoG could disappear in a puff of smoke tomorrow and everything you've downloaded will still work fine.
Unless your part of this new generation of smartphone/Steam babbies who don't take care of their own copies, expecting a company to do it for them.
>>
>>381069225
>Steam decided to come to an agreement with the actual IP rights holder
No they didn't. Steam was just slower at removing it. The Descent games in question are no longer on Steam either.
>>
Are you even able to legally purchase the Descent series anymore? I don't see it anywhere.
>>
>>381073598
You're entire argument rests on your personal fantasy of behind-closed-doors events at Steam that you've fabricated based solely on a two-week difference between GoG's delisting and Steam's dislisting, which the very people you're supposedly defending as the only true rights holders (Parralax) said was something that shouldn't be happening.
Surely you don't expect people to take you seriously.
>>
File: Feels Good Man DeDeDe.jpg (77KB, 469x386px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Good Man DeDeDe.jpg
77KB, 469x386px
>>381065602
>Tzar

I remember I used to just create huge map AI 3 vs 3 games and watch huge numbers of OP units smash into each other.

E T E R N A L G E N I E S
>>
>>381061921
What are you talking about?We had a few threads.You probably just missed them.There were also threads about the new GOG connect games and the free game Fantasy General.
>>
>>381070904
>No royalties were paid, which means the contract became null and void, which means Interplay never had the right any distribution rights to anyone
The article you keep linking contradicts what you're saying. According to the article you linked, there was no automatic termination, much less retroactive voiding. Parallax had to actively terminate it, and only at that point did anyone lose the right to distribute further copies.
>>
>>381065602
>tzar
good taste and a hidden gem
>heroes chronicles
timeless
>mount&blade
ok game
>STAR WARS Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
age of empires with blasters
>System Shock Enhanced Edition
no idea what the enhanced edition brings to the table
>Soldiers Heroes of WW2
Never heard of it.
>Albion
Nice.
>Act of War
Never heard of it.
>>
>>381073230
This is technically true, but Valve clearly wants customers to accept DRMed games, since:
(a) all Steamworks features are tied into the DRM system -- e.g. you can't have a DRM free game use Steamworks multiplayer matchmaking.
(b) The Steam system forbids the use of the string "DRM" in user tags so users can't label which games have DRM and which don't.
(c) For whatever reason, game descriptions on Steam itself never mention when they're DRM-free. (Some sort of requirement from Valve to never mention the topic of DRM on Steam?)

So while it's possible to buy DRM free games on Steam, it's kind of a mediocre store for it compared to basically anywhere else.

Oddly enough, these days there are DRM-free game curators on Steam, and Valve hasn't shut those down. I wonder what's up with the contrast between that and (b) & (c).
>>
>>381079593
itll say steam workshop on the side if it has it. why would it specifically note what it doesnt have? does every game need to say no uplay, no games for windows live, yadda yadda? the information tells you what it has, not what it dosent have. would it be nice? sure, do they actually have to do that? no.
as for not being able to use steamworks multiplayer matchmaking, thats fair. you dont want people with stolen/pirated copies cheating and what not playing with legit customers. drm is integrated into that so the online experience is nicer.

otherwise, of course they want people to use the drm service, its a service that makes them money, but its completely optional. if the dev or publisher feels that drm is evil and not necessary, they dont have to have it. you cant really call steam the jew and NOT call the people who use the steamworks service not jews, if they have no reason to use steamworks outside of making sure no one can pirate their game for free
>>
>>381079593
also the drm tag limitation has probably more to do with spam then anything else. you just know when it was allowed people with this sort of anti-steam killboner just added it to everything and anything, even the games without steamworks.
>>
>borrowing games
>>
>>381080275
>does every game need to say no uplay, no games for windows live, yadda yadda?
Mentioning what if any DRM system a game has is actually standard practice on most download stores; Steam's the odd man out with being totally silent about it.
>>
File: examples.jpg (34KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
examples.jpg
34KB, 314x319px
>>381080792
no, your just not looking. its even in a different color that nothing else gets to make sure it stands out. outside of flashing, or following your mouse theres not much more it can do
>>
>>381075058
>play on a console and get a better experience
????
>>
File: humble.png (78KB, 1070x359px) Image search: [Google]
humble.png
78KB, 1070x359px
>>381080275
It's just more convenient to go to some place like the humble store where you can get a clear list of DRM-free games and not have to rely on external websites or Steam curators
>>
File: wew lad thats rad dad.jpg (88KB, 456x670px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad thats rad dad.jpg
88KB, 456x670px
>>381081247
yeah, cept gog dosent tell you which games require gog galaxy to play the multiplayer parts of their games. this is where we get into a sort of amusing full circle.
you dont need steam to play some steam games, but you will need steam works to play some steam games online, which is argued as a form of drm.
you dont need gog galaxy to play some gog games, but you will need gog galaxy to play some gog games online, but this...isnt a form of drm.
>>
File: gendum.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gendum.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
Why do people care where other people buy their games again?
Is this whole thread just shills arguing with shills?
I don't understand, /v/.
>>
>>381082130
Not really, it's just Steam shills that descend into any thread (GOG or otherwise) that mentions a way to buy games other than Steam and derail the thread.
>>
>>381061921
>GoG can't even get rid of their shitty window borders.
This platform has no future.
>>
>>381082264
dont forgot to ignore how they are functionally the same thing with the same practices, with the only difference being different quantities
>>
>>381061921
GOG has almost no games. the only noteworthy deals that went on there where witcher games in case you don't own them already and VtM:B that went for $5
>>
>>381081793
>gog dosent tell you which games require gog galaxy to play the multiplayer parts of their games
Sounds like they should start mentioning it, if the games have no other form of online play like direct IP connections or running your own server.
>you will need steam works to play some steam games online, which is argued as a form of drm
>you dont need gog galaxy to play some gog games, but you will need gog galaxy to play some gog games online, but this...isnt a form of drm.
A game that can be played offline even with Steam wiped from existence, but requires a Steam login for any multiplayer, would be the same thing as a game that can be played offline even with gog wiped from existence but requires gog galaxy for any multiplayer, yes. We could describe that as the multiplayer portion being DRMed.

The concern with Steamworks games is they usually can't even be played in single-player offline without an active Steam account, making them fully DRMed, rather than just the multiplayer component.
Of course for multiplayer-only games that's moot.
>>
>>381082837
sure. its still pretty damn close and pretty much the same thing with it coming down to just a little difference here and there. games may or may not have drm and may or may not need steamswork for online, it varies, while gog does the same thing but currently as far as i can tell, only for the multiplayer portions, no single player, yet.
>>
GOG will never be big enough due to lack of new games. Can you really imagine titles like NieR appear on this platform? Even if they do, it will be years after initial hype when Square will want to boost sales a bit with "DRM-free" release which is highly unlikely by itself.

CD Projekt policy is that they don't want to release DRM games but it just makes that no big title will ever appear (other than their own games) on GOG, and it will forever stay a niche platform with some old games that are going to be in Steam with time anyway.

This was the case with Planescape - a lot of people used GOG because it was the only platform where you could buy it but then the remastered edition came on Steam and they lost their biggest selling point (it was Bestseller on GOG for most time).
>>
File: all games that i really own.jpg (2MB, 1692x9062px) Image search: [Google]
all games that i really own.jpg
2MB, 1692x9062px
>>381061921
people with brains do rarely waste their time on shitposting.
They just buy stuff that won't get legally revoked from them when the service inevitably die (i.e. when gog dies, you can still legally own your backup copies you no doubt keep on your extra hard drive)
>>
gog was supposed to be about old games, after all
it's no surprise they aren't a hype machine
>>
>>381061921
pirating is way cooler desu and I feel like a rebel doing it.
>>
>>381083530
they definitly can revoke your online keys for mulitplayer parts of games, and keys have and do get removed from the store. technically you own it as much as i own ftl on steam since i dont need steam to run it and even if they remove it, ive got a copy of it elsewhere.
>>
>>381083715
except that not every steam game is available offline
>>
>>381083803
no, but some are. not every gogs game multiplayer can be played without drm. the difference is just numbers, both do effectively the same evil shit
>>
the only game i got was dragon's dogma

what'd you guys get?
>>
>>381083901
you're mixing up the terms - having a third-party server handling network for multiplayer bits is not the same as drm.
>>
>>381083901
The Dying Light situation is definitely goofy. Seems almost out of character for gog to sell something like that. They should release a stand-alone galaxy server emulator or something.
>>
>>381084042
There's no convenient term for it, but a game's multiplayer component being completely dependent on company servers is certainly a concern worth noting. It's a downgrade from games that let you run your own servers.
>>
>>381084042
heh, like denuvo, right. its an account you need to make with gog, which can be revoked, to play the online parts of the game you own...drm free.
it manages the rights of the digital media your playing, and if your allowed to be online with it or not....but its not drm. alright.
>>
>>381084421
>that let you run your own servers.
i agree, but that's the game devs concern, not the marketplace's
>>
>>381084490
drm prevents you from playing a pirated game altogether unless you have or obtain a crack
>>
>>381084758
no, not all drm works this way
>>
File: 1447896212544.gif (920KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447896212544.gif
920KB, 250x250px
>>381083530
>when gog dies
that's another thing you don't have to worry with Steam
>>
>>381065582
Just download it from their website.
>>
File: stuff.png (479KB, 1149x463px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.png
479KB, 1149x463px
>>381061921
There were some during the first few days. GOG only gets constant threads during insomnia sales.

Here's my haul.
>>
>>381087431
any service will inevitably die
>>
>>381085165
why did systems like fade die, it was great.
>lets you play the game as per normal
>over time, values and mechanics change slightly
>first accuracy
>then shit like gravity and controls
>eventually becomes unplayable
shit was actually pretty fun, i loved alternating between the two to see what shit happened. first thing seemed like all the voices slowed down to 20% and lowered so everyone sounded like slow thunder
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.