[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/0 6/nintendo-localizers-no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 426
Thread images: 42

File: 1406077476736.jpg (22KB, 365x280px) Image search: [Google]
1406077476736.jpg
22KB, 365x280px
http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/06/nintendo-localizers-now-work-with-japanese-devs-to-censor-games-for-western-culture/33309/
Learn Japanese, they said. Play the original uncensored games, they said.
Treehouse is actively working to sanitize games in development and leave the world with no uncensored version. What's the great plan now?
>>
nintendo games suck anyways
>>
Sony wins again :^)
>>
>that author profile
holy fucking shit dude
>>
https://pastebin.com/PqX4tBXh
>>
>20 years and one.million kanji decks later
>finally learn jap
>they censor their games now so fuck you baka gaijin
>>
Luckily I am over the age of 18 and as such do not play Nintendo games.
>>
File: gmgu.jpg (17KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
gmgu.jpg
17KB, 192x279px
>>381059803
>mfw
>>
>>381060936
lmao it's only like 2100 kanji. That's it.
That's all you need to be perfectly fluent in Japanese
Are you really that pleb that you can't memorize 2100 something symbols and the 2 or 3 readings for each?
>>
>>381059803
This is what we get for asking a free-region console.

Damn mokey paw
>>
File: 1497800947990.png (71KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1497800947990.png
71KB, 229x173px
>>381059803
Why does this bitch want me to learn Japanese so badly? Is she the Todd Howard of the language?
>>
>>381059803
We have long passed the point of reasonable discourse and are now firmly in mindless tribal shitslinging territory. Treehouse could be making the best translations in the business and these idiots will still call for Theresa to slit her throat on stage.
>>
>>381059803
Don't learn japanese
I learnt japanese and have almost nobody to talk about japanese game i play.
/jp/ a shit hole, 2ch is lucky to have a 2 posts an hour.
There's like no place to talk about vidya.
>>
>>381062080
Well you can try /djt/ at /int/ but I don't know if they talk about vidya.
>>
So what can we do to convine the nips not to censor theit games?
>>
File: 1494980248048.jpg (118KB, 855x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494980248048.jpg
118KB, 855x720px
>>381059803
>Atari launches new console
>Nintendo commits suicide
What a year
>>
File: 1433867172591.gif (133KB, 1200x369px) Image search: [Google]
1433867172591.gif
133KB, 1200x369px
>>381062068
>Treehouse could be making the best translations in the business
They could, but they most certainly aren't.
>>
>>381059803
Stop buying Shitendo

Let those SJW fagthots and their nigger president go out of business

Nintendo is a blight on the industry
>>
>>381062321
The point is that it doesn't matter.
>KIA complains about FE fates
>Polygon mindlessly defends it
>Polygon complains about Persona
>KIA mindlessly defends it
None of them give a single shit about the quality of the translation, they just want to fight the guy with the different colored uniform.
>>
>>381062440
What the fuck is KIA? Why should I give a shit about them or Polygon? Never mind that Polygon was bitching about Persona 5 because it wasn't liberal enough for them, which is a good thing.
>>
>>381062416
How bout you go back to school and learn some real words instead of calling everyone you disagree with a nigger
>>
The answer seems pretty obvious.

Destroy the ratings boards.
>>
>>381059803
Stop playing Nintendo games, obviously.
>>
>>381062257
I already know japanese though.
>>
>>381062563
Reggie is a nigger you fucktarded toddler, why do you think the company has gone to shit since he came around, niggers can't even run their own countries you numale cuck
>>
>>381059803
Where do I go to complain about this?
>>
>>381062416
>>381062653
Square-Enix did the same thing with Star Ocean 5, though.

>>381062589
The ratings boards have never had anything to do with this, they're just a scapegoat.
>>
>>381059803
Source
>>
>>381059803
>finally learn japanese enough to play weeb games
>laugh at western bros for playing censored and gutted games
>now this
I guess karma's a bitch, I just want to play games where girls have jiggly breasts in skimpy clothes without having feminism, diversity and politics shoved into my face
>>
>>381062763
Are you retarded? The source links are in the article.
>>
>>381062803
But the article is full of projection and leaping to conclusions
>>
>>381062320
>Atari launches new console
>an emulation box for old 2600 games
>nintendo commits suicide
ok?
>>
>>381059803
based nintendo
>>
>>381062851
The source links are literally in the second paragraph, and you are literally retarded.
>>
>>381062271
nothing, they will gladly change things if it means pleasing the west, ever since WWII it's in their dna or something
>>
All this pointless hysteria. This means games will most likely release with worldwide release dates. This is a good thing.
>>
>>381062758
Oh, hey, another company that doesn't make games worth playing.
>>
File: 1477714596407.png (89KB, 509x467px) Image search: [Google]
1477714596407.png
89KB, 509x467px
>>381062080
>learning a language and playing games are only worth it if I can talk to shitposting faggots on image boards about it
>>
>>381062271
There doesn't seem to be anything we can do. You can see in the interview, they're absolutely clueless and believe every word Treehouse says to them about shit not being culturally acceptable in the west and how they need to edit it to be ok.
>>
>>381062942
I have no idea how the headline came to be when it's clear the quotes are talking about more of how localization happens along the way and not just at the end to save time
>>
How the fuck did the author come to that conclusion with the quotes? Does anyone actually read the article? It's talking about how localization now happens alongside development instead of just at the end, nothing about how devs are being influenced by treehouse.
>>
File: 1217695795476.gif (13KB, 375x480px) Image search: [Google]
1217695795476.gif
13KB, 375x480px
>>381063045
>– Director Genki Yokota, who works for Nintendo’s Japanese division (NCL), says all three companies are communicating about localization decisions that may prove to be controversial

>“When we have costumes or clothes that we have a little concern with, we share it with NoE and NoA and they’ll say, ‘No, no, that’s fine’ or ‘You’re right, that’s an issue.’ If it is an issue, we’ll go back and say we’ll say, ‘We adjusted it this way, what do you think?’ There’s a lot of back and forth in that sense. Rather than compromise, it’s like we’re all aiming for the same goal, of being able to provide a good experience for everybody in all regions. And we’re aiming to have a game that has very little difference between the regions.” – Yokota

>“The creators are always involved in anything that happens in the localization process. In terms of what gets localized, there’s a simple collection of words that we use to define how we think about this: It’s ‘cultural relevance’ and ‘understanding of the ratings and ratings implications.’

>– As an example, that a character’s age might be changed to avoid an M rating in a game
>– A more severe rating could make the game harder for Nintendo to sell, “which clearly is not in the best interest of the developers or the business for that to happen”
>– Nintendo of America’s Treehouse localizers travel to Japan about “every two months” to work with Japanese developers whose work is being brought to America
>>
You can stop shilling your site OP
>>
>>381059908
We already got the SO5 heroine's granny panties among other things. Sad to say in general the corporate answer to "wow the fans don't like their version being censored" is just to drag all the versions down to the same level.
>>
>>381059803
>now
they've been doing it right from the start
>>
>>381062080
just get a japanese gf. that's what i did
>>
>>381063025
>>381062957
We could write them. Don't they watch their audience? You're telling me y just accept this crap at face value? Every fuckibg ad over hete has ass and titties in it.
>>
The japanese are neither western culture or audience, no idea where c.uckolds got the idea that shithouse may touch the original version.

Any change that is not text translation in the western version = automatic import.
>>
>>381063228
So, basically not censorship because the creator is invovled, and has full input? Again, how the fuck is that censorship?
>>
>>381063490
>self-censorship doesn't exist
>>
>you retards literally sent a card to them
>slavishly follow their streams
>keep buying nintendo shit anyway

Nobody to blame but yourselves.
>>
>>381063481
>no idea where c.uckolds got the idea that shithouse may touch the original version.
Because they literally said that's what they're doing in the interview Nintendo published.
>>
>>381063205
Treehouse is Their Enemy and they have to attack Their Enemy. They might as well have a bunch of these articles ready to go when a new interview comes out.
>>
>>381063530
Self-censorship cannot be stopped, it happens all the time. That's why only autists blurt out their thoughts whenever they want
>>
>>381059803
Thanks for reminding me why I hate Nintendo after they won E3.
>>
File: ymIIRBR.png (3KB, 333x82px) Image search: [Google]
ymIIRBR.png
3KB, 333x82px
Once a site acts like gamergate is relevant in current year it's nothing but a joke.
>>
>Japan doesn't care about SJWs

Fuck you faggots for letting this happen, Japan is officially pozzed now, thanks Shitendo Censorhouse
>>
>>381063623
Salt?
>>
The more you fucks use censor wrongly the more the word becomes meaningless. Don't do that
>>
>>381059803
FUCK
>>
>>381063490
>I will create this cute girl with exposed thighs
>I will ask the localization team if they like it
>they don't like it so now we have to cover her up
It just makes it that much easier for them change things they find morally wrong in the name of localization, bringing the creators original vision to change
>>
>>381063490
So if the people in charge say "change this or it doesn't get released" it isn't censorship just because the creator makes the alternative?
>>
>>381063784
>now we have to
But the creator still has the choice not to send the costumes or not do anything at all, hence the compromise.
>>
>>381059803
I'll learn Japanese to play Full Metal Daemon:Muramasa because I gave up on any English translation
>>
>>381063564
No they didnt
>>
Thanks America.
>>
>>381061550
Lol how many kanji can you recognise? 2?
>>
>>381063890
They say that? Since when? How did you come to that conclusion? Treehouse cannot stop games from releasing, they can only stop games from releasing in America
>>
>>381063459
the problem is they won't get much of the input by people like us because any comments made to them is done through a filter usually, and mostly its after the game is finished, so they can just say "well it's done censor it however you want". If they have a personal twitter that might work if you know japanese, might be the only way.
>>
>>381063018
I don't like solitude.
>>
All I'm getting from the sources is that games are going to release at the same time as Japan. No more XBX shitstorm that ended up spoiling the entire game on this site for 8 months straight till it released in the west.
>>
>>381059803
Can we stop with the "Western" bit? It's censored for Americans. Europeans have no issues with sexy shit.
>>
>teams cooperate with each other to make their jobs easier
More news at 11. It happens all the time, especially, in big projects. It is neither new or uncommon. And holy shit at that author's profile
>>
>>381064132
This, if only it happened with persona 5
>>
>>381063902
They have the choice, but they don't make the choice, because as is evident from the interview, they have zero respect for themselves or the work, and wholeheartedly believe that editing it to appease Treehouse is the right course of action, lest they make some American player uncomfortable.
>>
Absolute lel kek at EOPs.
>>
>>381064132
How are you managing to go to the source and only read the last paragraph while ignoring the rest?
>>
>Reggie claims Nintendo are good guys and don't put politics into games
>proceeds to send Nintendo America's Treehouse, a shitty localizer blight filled with SJW, to Nintendo Japan to sanitize their games

good thing I don't give a single shit about Mario and Zelda, the only games which Nintendo even develops. Over and over and over again.
>>
>>381064160
>Billy has been rustling Jimmies for years covering video games, technology and digital trends within the electronics entertainment space. The GJP cried and their tears became his milkshake. Need to get in touch? Try the Contact Page.
Can we just end the world already?
>>
>>381064354
Because I don't care about breast sliders and patting minigames. I just want to experience the game before it's spoiled for more than 6 months until the rest of us can get it.
>>
>>381062440
>Polygon complains about Persona
the complaints about Persona were literally that it was too close to the japanese

that is used 1:1 translations like in anime subs and refused to change cultural references like majong into chess in a game that takes place in JAPAN

how the fuck are anti-censorship people "mindlessly" defending an actually accurate translation?
>>
>>381064271
Are you projecting really, really hard or something? Jesus how do you even come to this conclusion?
>>
>>381064532
Persona is filled to the brim with stinted English that might as well be straight from google translate. The fact that you defend this should tell you plenty about how much you actually care about quality translations.
>>
>>381063974
I wasn't really talking about them in particular, just the logic that involving the creator makes it not censorship. Fine then, "change this or it doesn't get released in America."
>>
>>381064484
Does moving goalposts pay well?
>>
>>381064668
>filled to the brim with stinted English
Hyperbole does you no favours.
>>
>>381064816
Then what is this thread, and the article itself?
>>
>>381064589
By reading the article, you dumb cunt.
>Takahashi on changes made to Xenoblade Chronicles X in the west…

>“In terms of Xenoblade Chronicles X, there’s been a few different changes that were made to the game, but my personality is such that I’m not a stickler for products that I’ve already made, so I don’t really mind what the final product turns out to be in that sense. I really didn’t mind much at all, actually.”

>“As a developer, I do feel like it’d be ideal to be able to adjust the content so that it’s culturally acceptable, whether it’s in the US or in the EU. For example, there was a discussion about the breast slider. Jokingly, I said, ‘Well would it help if we had a crotch slider for the male?’ Obviously it was a joke, but they responded obviously it’s not gonna work out. I do realize there’s a cultural difference between what Japanese people think and what the rest of the world thinks.”

>On whether he feels like he’s being censored as a developer and if he’s okay with that…

>“I think what’s important is that we make sure that the end user who actually plays the game doesn’t have a bad experience. If that change is going to help alleviate that, then I think we should definitely make it.”
>>
>>381064873
Stating the facts.
>>
>>381063784
>have to
here is where you are wrong goy
>>
>>381064668
>Persona is filled to the brim with stinted English that might as well be straight from google translate.
I didn't have a single issue fully comprehending Persona 5. When I saw Cuckony Birch talking about how he couldn't understand the translation, I knew people were just dumb.
>>
File: coneheads.jpg (43KB, 398x378px) Image search: [Google]
coneheads.jpg
43KB, 398x378px
>>381064668
>stinted English
lol fuck off, since you provided no examples, I pulled the ones polygon used
all of it makes perfect fucking sense and sounds no different from the average accurately translated anime

the fucking gall to compare accurate translation to shit literally pulled out of the game or entire context removed
>>
>>381064359
Pretty much everyone on /v/ agrees with you. They are toddler SJW that hate making anything not Mario or Zelda and what the OP link says that they censor all their games now. That's why they gave the Metroid 2 remake to shitty cuck Mercury Steam.

>>381059803
Nintendo says they don't involve politics into their games but they are universally agreed by the only knowledgeable gamers left (/v/) to be the Bioware of Japan. They will completely pozz Japan in a few years, because you let them (((win))) E3. They censor all their games behind closed doors now.
>>
You'll still get scenarios like nier automata. When despite nothing censored, due to for what ever reason, a2 and 2b's characterization were changed.
>>
>>381064917
So this means they have no respect for their work? Seriously?
>>
>>381065118
That reads like shit.
>>
>>381065118
Was polygon seriously complaining about the translation in those examples?
Do Americans need everything to be written in slang so the sub 100 IQ shitters can comprehend games?
>>
treehouse nuke when
>>
>>381065289
It probably does if you are a native english speaker.
If you'd translate that or jap text to my language than it would appear properly done and perfectly understandable.
>>
This isn't censorship so much as it's catering games to fit their audience.

It costs game devs less money to fix an issue that isn't culturally appropriate in game production than it does to release it in Japan and then hire people to edit it before it can be released anywhere else.

At the end of the day none of these changes are even anything to get that mad about, and if you're going to get assmad because Nintendo took a stupid loli petting mini game out of your Fire Emblem and not buy it, they'll just laugh all the way to the bank with the money they made off of people who wouldn't have bought it if it kept things like that in.
>>
>>381062539
Kotaku in Action. Think of it as the MRA/anime-right of the video game industry. They'll jump to the defense of any and every weeb game.
They're the kind of people who believe that not having Yoshi be able to eat the dolphin enemies in Mario World is a huge violation of free speech.
>>
>>381065382
It's almost like they need to have someone who speaks english well to look it over and revise, wow what a thought!
>>
>>381065285
That's quite clearly what he said. Yoko Taro has also said that he doesn't think the works he made are any good, so he doesn't mind if they're changed in localisation because he believes they'll probably be improved.

>>381065218
That's just plain shitty localisation and it's been going on for years. Lightning is the easiest example, the reason she's loved in Japan and hated in the west isn't because of cultural differences, it's because the localisation changed her character and made her an aggressive and violent asshole. Hell, I recently played Lost Odyssey again with the Japanese voices this time, and almost every single thing Jansen says is a complete rewrite, along with the localisation just straight up making new lines in lots of cutscenes.
>>
>>381065156
You're trying way too hard right now, this is neither new nor uncommon. Besides, no one let them "win" e3 but the poor showings of other conferences
>>
>>381065473
No one is arguing that it's not poorly edited, but it's hardly incomprehensible.
>>
>>381065441
nice buzzwords, why don't you go back to tumblr and whine about how headpatting is misogynistic or doge memes are good localization
>>
>>381065502
>clearly what he said
No? Besides, doesn't this prove the article wrong? The breast slider is still there although treehouse is not fine with it
>>
>>381065543
And all i said was it reads like shit. Which you agree with.
Fun conversation.
>>
>>381065440
>they'll just laugh all the way to the bank with the money they made off of people who wouldn't have bought it if it kept things like that in.
You mean literally no one?
>>
>>381065441
>GG aka 4chan supporters
>hate censorship and SJW
Sounds like /ourguy/ to us? What's the issue?

>>381065365
>>381065506
>so shitmad he posted the same thing twice
Stop damage controlling Censorious butthurt Shitoddlebab

>>381065572
This. Anyone against anti-censorship people are so transparent in their SJW that it's not even funny.
>>
>>381065118
>hurr i can understand it that means it's good
How fucking low are your standards that anything above an "all your base are belong to us" 80's word salad is good to you? In any other medium this would be considered a garbage translation because it is a garbage translation. Again, you don't give a shit about the actual quality of the translation, you just see that Polygon hates it and mindlessly jump to its defense.
>>
>>381065609
>The breast slider is still there although treehouse is not fine with it
Are you retarded? The breast slider was removed in the localisation. If you're going to argue "well then they're not changing the original" then you're still retarded, because this is a new practice.
>>
>>381065441
>>381065365
>>381064132
Back to neogaf censorious cucks
>>
>>381065543
>incomprehensible
To a certain someone it was
>>
>>381065631
I deleted my previous one because I made a typo, dingus. Now care to actually address my argument?
>>
>>381059803
Don't play Nintendo games. Literally the solution.
>>
>>381064120
well you've come to the wrong place
>>
>>381065746
>new practice
Clearly not, given by when the developer comments were made, and how long treehouse has been doing it
>>
>>381065690
Maybe you'd have an argument if the entire game read like that instead of it being one in every thousand lines.
>>
File: 257869708.jpg (32KB, 537x529px) Image search: [Google]
257869708.jpg
32KB, 537x529px
>>381065572
Sounds like someone struck a nerve there, boy. Good thing even an ass-backwards company like Nintendo are starting to realise that we're not living in the 80s anymore.
The people get what they want and we don't want to see underage panty shots ruin our medium. Grow the fuck up and accept that things change over time.
>>
File: 1281703374954.png (11KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1281703374954.png
11KB, 429x410px
>>381065847
>given by when the developer comments were made,
The 16th of June, 2017?
>>
One of the few reasons I am glad Monster Hunter escaped the clutches of Nintendo
>>
>>381062080
>not talking your Japanese beyond vidya and into the real world
Really? Get a pen pal you stupid fuck.
>>
I kept warning you fags escalation like this was part of SocJus's endgame. I fucking warned you when SJWs started flooding into localization solely so they could be the gatekeepers of what content you as a gamer get to see.

It has always been about destroying your hobby so it's no longer enjoyable for you. And you let it fucking happen.
>>
>>381062080
Why the fuck don't you just watch good japanese films and read magazines/comics?

You can't blame anyone if you learned Japanese just to read weebshit games.
>>
>>381065961
No MH has been censored by Nintendo ever.
>>
>>381065118
This reads like a translation from some 90s Final Fantasy game. That is, really poor and unnatural. This is not how English dialogue is written.
You can understand it, but it's not good.
>>
>>381064668
>stinted
Dude I think you might not be an authority here
>>
>>381065961
Nintendo doesn't make Monster Hunter fag
>>
>>381066032
Can you foresee the future?
No? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>381065961
What's there to censor in MH out of curiosity?
>>
>>381065961
>>381065909
This. So glad their going bankrupt soon and the Shitch is flopping, the industry is better off without them, and everyone on /v/ agrees. This is the best thread on /v/ because it has no SJW/ Shitencuck
>>
>>381065952
The previous ones, nigger. It took place during Xenoblade X's localization process, or are you too thick to understand that from what the developer said?
>>
>>381065961
>Forgetting that Sony censored the amount of blood in Freedom
>>
>>381066081
Because Nintendo has never censored games outside of their development before right?

>>381066090
Female bikini armor
>>
>>381066095
>their going bankrupt soon
Okay anon

>>381065961
Unironically sony censored monster hunter, not Nintendo
>>
>>381066095
phew
>>
>>381066095
They'll probably go third-party and just release Mario, Zelda and Animal Crossing on various mobile platforms and whatnot. They're safe franchises and don't have the shittiness that Fire Emblem brings, so they won't have to worry about the inevitable(justifiable) backlash that pissy franchise will bring.
>>
>>381066087
So you're fear mongering for no reason.
>>
>>381066175
>female bikini armor
And it was not censored in all Nintendo MH games. What is your point here?
>>
>>381059803
Why are americans so 'sensitive' about boobs and shit in video games
its literally not real, why do they need to be so strict?
>>
File: 1467216935450.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467216935450.png
78KB, 240x240px
So how will we know what's censored if we don't have anything to compare it too?
>>
>>381066195
Honestly, this doesn't NEED to be in the game. Literally no one would be upset if they removed it and it'd please a good amount of people. Going by that, it should probably just be removed.
>>
>>381066229
Yeah I just wait till Nintendo treehouse gets their grubby hands on my series before I start complaining. That will work.
>>
Nintendo has almost ALWAYS have been thinking of a global audience for their games though and have always been "censoring" themselves.
>>
>>381066229
The entire thread in a nutshell, fear mongering with no proof to back it up, especially since what treehouse disagrees with is still in the original but removed in the western version
>>
>>381066114
The only cited comment made during the localisation process was him joking about adding a crotch slider.
>>
>>381066252
Yet. We have already seen nintendo censor bikini armor in other games
>>
>>381066175
>Because Nintendo has never censored games outside of their development before right?
This isn't the 90's anon, no, they haven't in at least a decade
>>
>>381066296
It already happened dingus, no bikini armour has been removed. Meanwhile your dear Sony has proof that they fucking censored monster hunter, so if I was you I would be much more worried
>>
File: LOL_NOPE.gif (4MB, 519x348px) Image search: [Google]
LOL_NOPE.gif
4MB, 519x348px
>>381059803
>oneangrygamer. net

Dont even need to read further.
All AVGN ripoffs need to kill themselves
>>
>>381066175
No female bikini armor has been censored by Nintendo in MH. Getting a strong feeling you never played MH in the first place.
>>381066296
>>381066375
No MH game has been localized by the Treehouse.
>>
>>381066224
>They'll probably go third-party
Thank fuck. All these fags say they aren't in danger of third party yet facts say the Shitch is flopping and Shitendo is losing money fast. They can't support console business anymore.

>>381066289
We can't. Everything in the game is monitored by SJW behind closed doors.

>>381066323
This is why all of 4chan wants them to die.

>>381066342
You sound like a Tumblr fatty SJW, back to Neogaf you censorous femincuck. This threads have been nothing but facts from anti-censorship people and triggering from SJW muslim like you.
>>
>>381066403
What is Bravely Second?
>>
>>381066271
If you had asked this question 15 years ago, I would have answered that the culprit is the Christian right, but the feminist left is just as scared and disgusted by sex as the most conservative bible thumper. The horseshoe effect really is something, huh?
The main difference is that the Christians who got riled up against violent video games really had no discernible effect on the games, whereas leftist outrage culture actually does.
>>
>>381066353
And so? It proves that the practice is not new

>>381066375
So basically you base it on nothing at all
>>
>>381066476
Yet. The further any game is away from Treehouse the better.
>>
>>381066492
>Game entirely localized by them
Try again anon
>>
>>381066486
>facts
Okay I would like to see them
>>
>>381066571
The game is now closer to a company that has actually censored monster hunter before, are you happy about that?
>>
>>381066575
They have already shown their intention. I am not going to wait till Nintendo actually lets it happen. Fucking morons.
>>
Censoring sex is objectively worse than censoring violence. Make love, not war.
>>
>>381066571
>Yet.
You mean never. You have no reason to think the Treehouse will ever translate a MH game. You should be madder that MH is going back to the brand that actually censored them.
>>
>>381066501
well thats a shame. they dont even buy video games
>>
>>381066289
That's not your concern, prole.
>>
>>381066671
>Muh blood
They did it probably because that amount of blood would be a problem with the rating boards vs oh no kids will see someone in bikini. Japan boards are actually very strict with blood, which is why Revegenance blood is white.
>>
>>381062857
It's using PC parts. Not going to be an emulator. They're partnering up with someone (rumor amazon) as well
>>
>>381066696
Let what happen exactly?
>>
>>381066729
Treehouse is cancer. I am not sure why any series should be under nintendo. I bet Prime 4 will be heavily censored and ZSS deemed problematic.
>>
File: download (12).jpg (21KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
21KB, 500x469px
>>381066469
>>
>>381066791
>Its okay when Sony does it
This board I fucking swear
>>
>>381066791
You're really contradicting yourself. Aren't you against censorship? Shouldn't you stand up for you right to see blood, something that a toddler that has probably seen before, in a video game? Or are you just one of those folks that get mad when a loli gets censored?
>>
>>381066791
>it's okay when Sony does it
Lol?
>>
File: baka.png (196KB, 380x459px) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
196KB, 380x459px
>>381059803
there are plently of other reasons to learn 日本語, like VNs, anime, manga, variety shit, music
and the golden reason of them all, no longer being an EOP
>>
>>381066901
Sony does it to avoid a M rating.
Nintendo does it to avoid hurting your fee fees
>>
>>381066859
I would take that bet because it is fucking ridiculous, given their history
>>
>>381066876
read >>381063241
>>
>>381066971
>Literally admits its okay when Sony does it
You're a nigger
>>
>>381066921
>>381066940
I disagree with Sony censorship but from a business stand point I can see why they would do it. Meanwhile Nintendo censorships make utterly zero sense aside from pleasing SJW.
>>
>>381066943
>tfw you have never been an EOP
Feels good
>>
>>381066971
But censoring nudity and raising ages is to avoid M ratings too, and has the same core concept, which is to widen the target audience. Besides, it is still censorship. Aren't you against that? Or is it literally okay when Sony does it?
>>
>>381067036
Read >>381067042
I don't agree as well moron.
>>
>>381059803
It's simple. We destroy the threehouse.
>>
>>381066971
It's still censorship, the thing you folks shit up every thread about Xenoblade with.
>>381067042
It's just fucking blood, the thing the western market has seen everywhere. There is absolutely no reason for people to censor blood anymore.
>>
>>381067042
>I disagree with Sony censorship but from a business stand point
No you fucking don't, you're only saying that because you saw Sony was the one to actually censor something and now you're in damage control mode
>>
>>381067042
I can easily see why Nintendo does it from a business stand point too. Normies would be far more willing to buy a game where the """ewww weird'''' sexual shit is less obvious. Doesn't make it okay, it is still censorship
>>
>>381067089
>But censoring nudity and raising ages is to avoid M ratings too
Like changing the outfit in bravely second?
>>
>>381067089
Pretty sure this was proven to not even be the case for most games. Their ratings would have been the same without the censoring
>>
File: 1497744366182.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497744366182.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>381067101
>>
File: 1496228274226.png (2MB, 910x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1496228274226.png
2MB, 910x1199px
>>381067074
is your english native? or if not, how hard was it to learn?
mine native is english so I don't know how it looks externally
>>
>>381067101
Then why are you okay with monster hunter moving closer to a company that actually censored them?
>>
>>381059803
We had Xenoblade 2 as a clear example of "sanitized" game on E3
>>
tfw when the cancer spreads, killing the body
>>
>>381066006
What the fuck are you talking about, 'destroying the hobby'? More people play video games than ever before. Old ladies waiting at the dentist play video games on their phones now.

The hobby isn't going anywhere, it's just changing as a medium like literally everything else. Games that haven't come out yet can't be taken from you and no one's going to bust down your door and take the games you already own.

Calm your mantits.
>>
>>381059803
liberalism was a mistake
>>
>>381067212
>>381067228
Yes, same concept. Make the game more palatable to a wider audience, removing blood, removing overtly sexual shit. Same thing

The rating part is mainly the age
>>
>>381067089
Has literally never happened.
>>
>>381067254
Yes. When was the last time Sony censored anything? vs Nintendo? Nintendo has shown an active tendency to destroy their games for the west while Sony only blackmark was years ago.
>>
Reminder that Shitoddledrones LITERALLY

L I T E R A L L Y

sent a fucking thank you card to SJW Censorhouse for butchering games and pozzing Japan

These numale toddler faggots do not belong on this website
>>
>>381067349
Sony has censored many, many movies anon
>>
>>381067338
Dodging a board rating isn't the same as destroying your game for SJWs moron. Suck more nintendo dick.
>>
censoring stuff is a lot of work, it's more efficient to plant the idea of self-censorship into their mind so they do it for you.
>>
File: 1404794186744.jpg (352KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1404794186744.jpg
352KB, 768x1024px
>>381067338
>The rating part is mainly the age
Ah yes, the age. Like how companies like Atlus and Ghostlight say PEGI tell them to remove content, when PEGI just tell them not to blatantly call a character a child, and the localisation companies ignore this advice and just remove content anyway.
>>
>>381067349
And the last time Nintendo censored something heavily was Fates, basically a whole year ago. Just admit it's ok when Sony does it.
>>
>>381067425
It is the same, it is still censorship. It still appeases SJWs. Why do you defend sony so? Get their dick out of your mouth
>>
>>381067425
>When sony does it its board rating dodging
>When Nintendo does its for SJWs
Wew lad
>>
>>381067418
Yeah, next are you going to tell me what Sony's insurance department does? Or was that a weak joke about their games being movies? I can't tell cause I am talking to a moron defending nintendo.
>>
>bring a Japanese game over
>change most of the things people like Japanese games for
>fans import Japanese release or pirate it with English subtitles
>>
File: 1471789542481.png (599KB, 999x742px) Image search: [Google]
1471789542481.png
599KB, 999x742px
>>
>>381059803

Yeah it's pretty fucking awful. At least I can use my Nip knowledge for old games, and I've been working as a translator, so that's cool.
>>
>>381067483
I am going to watch you backpedal so fucking hard when XB2 comes out and all you can say is muh sony years ago.
>>
>>381067405
We should send a fuck you card of similiar size
>>
>>381067504
It's still Sony, or are you going to move goalposts again? You think Sony branches don't interact with each other?
>>
>>381062769
Same here. Fuck leftists for denying men simple fantasy pleasures.
>>
>>381067483
>wow those german people must be nice they only holocausted jews 50 years ago
>>
Notice how it's only games from Japan that get "localized"

If by some miracle a bunch of spearchucking Africans got their shit together and made a game and someone tried to change something to better appeal to white culture SJWs would be screaming racism

SJWs need to be strung up in the street
>>
>>381067520
Ironic how this anon and many others wants Nintendo to release their games on other platforms. >>381066224
>>
>>381067503
>>381067498
>Lets keep bringing up what Sony did years ago despite the fact that Sony no longer actively meddles anymore
>Surely that will convince others nintendo isn't cancer
GOTTEM
>>
>>381067631
amen
>>
>>381067589
>NOJ isn't NOA despite NOJ and NOA having closer ties than Sony movies and Sony playstation
Wew lad. Check out this fucking moron. Can't dig out what they do despite sony constantly developing 1st party games. Better try link it to Sony movies.
>>
>>381067504
Here anon, right from sony HQ
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856207&page=6
>>
>>381067662
>I-it happened years ago
Not an argument faggot, just admit you're a biased nigger who can see Sony doing no wrong
>>
>>381067580
XB2 hasn't been censored at all.
>>381067628
>wow sony must be nice they only censored this series I liked years ago
>>
>>381067765
>Europe
Who cares about middle east?
>>
>>381067756
>at least sony don't censor games
What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>381067765
>>
>>381067756
Oh look it's this falseflag faggot again

Fuck off you little ass rekt toddler. Go suck your dad's cock again.
>>
>>381067829
>XB2 hasn't been censored at all.
But it will soon, to please SJW. It's the most censored game of 2017.
>>
>>381067818
Hey you are a fucking pants shitter cause you shat your diapers when you were 1. That counts right bed wetter?
>>
>>381067867
>it doesn't count!
Anon admit that Sony censors games too
Another one
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/see-how-ps4s-until-dawn-is-censored-in-japan/1100-6430098/
>>
>>381067898
Jokes on them it looks like shit anyway.
>>
>>381067898
>It's the most censored game of 2017
It hasn't even come out anon. You're really just fear mongering like no tomorrow.
>>
>>381067941
Ignore the toddler who like to smear shit all over his bedroom. He'll get his just dessert after XB2 becomes censored. It already has while noone was watching.
>>
Why does NoA even exist? The Japanese branch should just fire them all and do the translations and releases themselves. Would save a lot of money not having to pay Reggies salary
>>
>>381067941
Recent ones are Uncharted Remastered and Until dawn, it's not that long ago

Another one, 2013
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-01-sony-confirms-beyond-censored-in-europe
>>
>>381068027
Anon why do you ignore all the times were sony censored something? Get their dick out of your mouth
>>381068040
>>381067765
>>381067952
>>
>>381067952
>Developed by Supermassive games
>>
>>381068014
>You're really just redpilling and telling the truth like no tomorrow.
Fixed that for you Poztendrone. We have facts and evidence, you got lil baby tears and shitty diaper.
>>
>>381067941
>>381068027
Go away Pokebarneyfag
>>
>>381068040
>Uncharted Remastered
For Germany where literally every game is censored and who the fuck cares about the middle east?

>Until dawn
Not Sony
>>
File: Sony.png (94KB, 1347x569px) Image search: [Google]
Sony.png
94KB, 1347x569px
>>381068116
Of course publishers have no influence over a game, not at all! It's okay when Sony does it!
>>
>>381062321

That's what bothers me. NoA can be damn good localizers when they want to be, but they seem determined to be the worst in the business.
>>
>>381068140
The fact that the game hasn't and probably won't be censored?
>>
>>381068180
>who cares lol it doesn't count please fuck me with censorship harder sony
>until dawn
Published in Japan by Sony, where it is censored, are you saying that had no influence? Oh wait I forgot, it's okay when Sony does it
>>
>>381068209
You have no evidence that Sony themselves censored the gore. Maybe the developers did it themselves to get the game passed in JP?
>>
>>381068223
>literally "censorship is different and okay when Sony does it"
lol
>>
>>381068215
they weren't always bad
the good localizers left of got promoted
the new hires are mostly sjws or babby minded women who think every game should read like animal crossing
>>
>245 posts
>71 posters
Hmmmm....
>>
>>381068284
We have evidence of Nintendo Treehouse meddling with censorship. You best evidence of it is okay that Sony does it is some lame game with tone down gore for Japan? Shooting in the dark trying to score brownie points.
>>
>>381068215
>NoA can be damn good localizers when they want to be
[citation needed[
>>
>>381068290
Toddlers are underage nuweeb faggots who started watching meme anime in 2015 and that's the extent of their knowledge on Japan, they don't understand CERO
>>
>>381068223
I'm laughing with you bro. They are fuckin cringelords I swear. Defending and liking to most pozzed company in gaming. They need to be gassed.

>>381068229
>hasn't and probably won't be censored?
>didn't pay attention to the article
Fail anon, just, fail.
>>
>>381059803
it's probably more to do with cultural things in that case, to make the transition smoother for them to localize these games.

I somehow doubt Nintendo of Japan is going to censor the shit they've always been doing, to be honest, what I see this causing is more western 'iconography' in the games, foods and such, so it won't seem as 'stereotypical', thinking americans eat nothing but hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza, for instance.
>>
>>381068290
So are you saying Sony had nothing to do with it, even being a publisher? Are you that desperate to excuse them? Doesn't change the facts for Uncharted, the last of us and Beyond as well
>>
>>381068361
I guess Rockstar are SJWs too for censoring GTA V so it could be released in Japan

The only company forcing Japan to poz themselves is Nintendo. Get killed you underage numale faggot.
>>
>>381068367
65 people redpilled on the facts that Shitoddledo is censoring games behind closed doors and 6 Poztendrones damage controlling and are from NeoGAF.
>>
>>381068362

Yeah that's why I say that. They've always made shitty changes (though that started to drop off in the late 90s/early 2000s, but not completely), but some of their writing has been pretty good (the old Paper Marios are a good example). But unfortunately they went completely to shit.
>>
>>381068396
Those morons don't understand CERO is the reason why Revegence a game /v/ loves has white blood.
>>
>>381068479
You should have read the interview before posting.
>>
>>381068389
So...it's okay when sony does censorship? Not just japan too, but europe as well. There are also multiple examples, not just one. So I guess it's okay when Sony does it?
>>
>>381068537
Holy fuck Japan is literally asian Sweden yes. All because of Babypozdo cucking them.
>>
>>381068489
Why not? Do you have evidence that they did? If you do, feel free to present them. For all you know they could have presented it to CERO and gotten the Z rating (which would have killed the game in Japan) and then they cut the parts to get a lower rating.
>>
>>381068494
>Rockstars are SJWS too
Yes, they are. Was there any doubt? Either censor or don't censor, there is no difference regardless of intent. Japan releases are not the only example too
>>
Reminder the only reason the Megami Tensei franchise was able to come to North America at all was because of Sony

SJWtendo wouldn't allow Atlus to release them in English

Shitendo literally stifling Japanese developers for 3 decades now. Nintendo needs to die, they are holding back gaming with censorship and Fisher Price waggle tablets.
>>
>>381068580
>So...it's okay when sony does censorship?
Please give actual evidence instead of just showing how games are different. For all you know they might have been hit with a rating which made sales impossible (Z-rating or AO) and had to change their games.
>>
>>381068656
So they censored the game in an attempt appeal to a wider audience. What is the difference here? Sony did it so it is a okay?
>>
>>381068624
You have a very strange obsession with hiv, anon.
Please seek help.
>>
>>381068740
>>actual examples of elements in games being removed from the original
>nuh uh that's not censorship
Seriously?
>>
>>381068687
>>381068494
>>381068223
Literally the most based bro on 4chan. We need more redpilled gamers like you in this board. Also the fact that there is noone debating/disagreeing with the posts. They know the truth too now.
>>
>>381068742
>>381068812
Shitoddlers deflecting back to Sony rather than addressing the pozzed state of their toddlerware company

Classic
>>
>>381068742
Again you have zero evidence that Sony did it and not the devs themselves
>>
I must say the mental gymnastics by Sonybros to excuse their dear Sony is kind of pathetic. Censorship is censorship regardless of intent or what is removed. You are either for or against it
>>
>>381068778
After you stop damage controlling Shitendo and find proof that they arent pozzing Japan.

>>381068874
Based Anti-censorship bro rekking Shitpozdrones yet again.

>>381068929
Sony doesn't even censor cuck. The only one that does is Pozbabycuckdo.
>>
>>381062068
I was going to say something, but I realised you can get charged for that now, apparently.
>>
>>381061550
>2100 something symbols and the 2 or 3 readings for each
That's about 5000 things to memorize. You can learn kanji or you can learn something actually useful
>>
>>381068929
Again if you have evidence that it is actually Sony doing it vs the developers themselves. Feel free to present it.
>>
>>381068896
And so? Are they not influenced by Sony, their publisher, not at all? Besides there are first party games like uncharted and the last of us being censored as well. Not sony again?
>>
>>381069032
There are first party games as mentioned above that are censored in the same ways, so I won't be surprised if so. Sony does censor, even if you remove that one game from the equation, just admit it
>>
>>381068982
>After you stop damage controlling Shitendo and find proof that they arent pozzing Japan.
I'm not interested in that. I don't really care about censorship. You just need help or just a larger lexicon.
>>
>sonybros showing their true side that they don't actually give a fuck about censorship but just want to use it as an excuse to shitpost
Fuck you guys, bet you don't even boycott censored games as well
>>
Sony censored bombing bastards to bombing busters while nintendo kept the name uncensored. Just thought that was a weird censorship
>>
>>381059803
Someone post that one based woman on feminism in Japanese media or something, virtually telling those requesting they "do more" to mind their own culture.
Sad to see other nips get hungry for the western Jew.
>>
>>381069148
>>381069236
Name one Japanese game they censored this gen
>>
Didn't Reggie just say that politics has no place in Nintendo games? Christ, he's the worst.
>>
>>381069236
>>381069247
We're more concerned with stopping the company pozzing Japan aka Niggertendo.

>>381069189
Oh so you are just a NeoGAF cuck Shitoddledrone after all.
>>
>Nintendildos throwing accusations at Sony because they know their own shit company is irredeemable
Lmao
>>
>>381069331
Why japanese only? There are examples in Europe right in this thread, for games made by Sony as well.

Anyway here you go, the censorship still remains in the remastered version
http://www.psu.com/news/1923/Uncharted-censored-in-Japan
>>
>>381062080
You know Japanese. Why not shitpost on japan forums?
>>
>>381069448
This. Fucking hypocrite, saying the company doesn't care about politics yet they turn around and censor all games behind closed doors for SJW. We hope they die.

>>381069460
This. Hope they go bankrupt after this, like the rest of /v/ hopes.
>>
>>381069524
Naughty Dog being the cucks they are probably censored their own game. Don't blame Sony for ND.
>>
>>381069460
>Sonybros deflecting because they know their own shit company is irredeemable
lmao
>>
>>381062080
Create a new site, Discord channel or similar?
4chan was created when moot couldn't find a decent place to discuss animay.
>>
>>381069608
>Sony is irredeemable because unchartered remastered in censored!
>And Until dawn!
>Two games /v/ absolutely doesn't play at all
WE DID IT
>>
>>381069607
Oh wait so I guess I shouldn't blame Nintendo for xenoblade x either as it is made by monolith. Sorry, I guess

Seriously what is this mental gymnastics? This is fucking ridiculous, you can't be only against some instances of censorship
>>
>>381069676
>IT DOESN'T COUNT
>IT'S OKAY WHEN SONY DOES IT
WE DID IT
>>
>>381069678
Yes. Because Nintendo has been proven to actively mess with such shit. As in Treehouse literally butchers the game and post about it online for all to see.
>>
>>381069524
The thread is about Japanese games censored in the West you illiteralte Nintenigger.
>>
>>381059803
>localization group involved in non-localization matters
>NOJ somehow letting its retarded cousin NOA hurt the sales in the original market

trololololololol
>>
>>381069754
>SONY DOES IT
>But I have no actual proof they did
>But if I keep repeating it, it might be true!
>>
>>381069765
Censorship is still censorship you sony cocksucker, regardless of region
>>
>>381069816
>but I have no actual proof
So first party games getting censored is not actual proof? Who censors them then?
>>
File: otakurage.jpg (183KB, 600x987px) Image search: [Google]
otakurage.jpg
183KB, 600x987px
>>381069806
This, I doubt this is gonna change things up much
>>
>>381069806
This. Niggercuckdo letting NOA pozz all their games now is fuckin hilarious.

>>381069854
>niggertoddleshill moving goalposts
trololololololololololololo
>>
>>381069927
Naughty Dog themselves. ND are cucks who add strong black womyn to their games who can fight off 2 able bodied white male who can do some of the most insane parkour known to men.
>>
>>381069982
>defending censorship
What does it feel like to be a cuck
>>
>>381069854
Go play your numale censored toddler rehashes on your leapfrog tablet you childish autistic virgin
>>
>>381062659
It's more of a glorified general for Japs, like /cum/brit/lat/ etc
>>
>>381070019
Naughty dog is sony you dumb fuck, its a first party studio. It's like saying treehouse is not Nintendo
>>
>>381069558
I don't really know other than 2ch but that's slow as shit, yoy can a reply a day or weeks later.
>>
>>381070040
Damn he mad as fuck
>>
>>381070093
>Naughty dog is sony you dumb fuck
Are you trolling or merely pretending?
>>
>>381059803
If a game comes out in Japan first in a way and then it comes to the west exactly the same, then there hasn't been any censorship.
A game can't be censored during development, because the meaning of censorship implies the changes happen after the game is already out. Censorship implies the fact a game is different from region to region.

You can't censor a game during development, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>381069975
>All foreigners play is games where you slaughter people indifferently, so they've got a lot of nerve to speak up about small things like this in other countries' games
Do they realize that those people are virtual? I guess all Japs play games where you rape lolis and they shouldn't have the nerve to speak up about us just playing games where we kill virtual people.
>>
>>381070191
Damn he toddler numale cuck who needs a company to censor the icky anime girls for him

Kill yourself reddit
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
You won't even know if it was censored to begin with unless someone spills the beans.
>>
>>381070194
>are you trolling
Are you? Are you that desperate to defend sony that you dismiss that Naughty dog is part of them? And why censor in only in two regions? Do you really think it is not the publisher meddling with things?
>>
>>381070305
I'm against Nintendo censoring too, but you don't get to pick and choose what censorship you are okay with anon
>>
>>381070385
And that's the scary thing. XB2 is confirmed censored as fuck now that NoA has full control over all localization but we will never know what got censored.
>>
>>381070202
No different than the MPAA telling a director to change scenes to get an R rating you deluded toddler cunt. Keep making excuses for Shitoddledo to poz your games though.
>>
>>381061227
>over 18 and still playing videogames
Wow, what a manchild.
>>
File: 1494980891068.jpg (51KB, 1020x511px) Image search: [Google]
1494980891068.jpg
51KB, 1020x511px
>>
>>381070512
>>381070305
Shitendo getting #rekt today roflmao
>>
>>381070468
Uh huh, that's why you spam and deflect to Sony rather than address the issue of the thread

>le passive aggressive ",anon" meme
I hope you die redditor
>>
>>381070202
what people are really complaining about here is that supposedly the confirmed feminist and nu-male filled NoA can now have influence on NoJ's game development. in practice though, i think if the japanese dev likes their exposed thighs and cleavage, then no matter how much NoA feminists whine because they're scared by cartoon ladies more attractive than them, the japan dev will most likely tell NoA to fuck off. NoA doesn't necessarily just control NoJ dev teams now
>>
>now I can't ogle underage girls wearing nothing but thongs!
>whatever will I do?!

Perhaps it's time to mature your tastes, gentlemen?
>>
>>381070639
See >>381070512 >>381070305
Shitoddledo is pozzing all their games now.
>>
>>381070613
>deflect
The topic only came out when some dumb fuck claim monster hunter would be less censored outside of Sony because they don't censor anymore, even though there are examples otherwise. That derailed the entire conversation, anon. Besides, this is a forum, conversations shift. You got to learn to deal with that anon-san :)
>>
If the developers themselves don't give a shit why should you? As if things probably haven't been cut in development in Japan because they feel it's unfitting for the target audience or they want a lower CERO rating in the past.
>>
>>381070759
(You)
>>
>>381070759
Oh and I forgot the derailment continued as Sonybros jump in with the greatest mental gymnastics to defend poor poor sony.

If you fucks would admit both companies suck and censor the thread won't be derailed as much, but no, you got to defend a company's honour for them
>>
>>381070759
Here's a you niggertoddlecuck. For defending pozzed companies.
>>
>>381070806
>unfitting for the target audience
You mean like the time Cucktendo censored Fatal Frame, an M rated game

Nintendo are SJWs afraid of anime women, accept it.
>>
>>381070806
It's still fucking censorship as stated many times in this thread, regardless of intent. CERO or not it is still censorship.
>>
>>381070852
(You)
>>
>>381068395
Super paper mario
>>
>>381070915
But they helped develop the game?
>>
>>381070915
>>381070925
This. And all of /v/ is on the same page, XB2 looks like the most censored game of the century now because of their new localization policy, censoring games for all regions.
>>
>>381062563
Nigger you would've had a point if you called him out on the mindless SJW regurgitation.

>>381062664
You sound more fucktarded than anyone else in this thread, seeing as you can't string a coherent thought together without letting everyone know you embraced /pol/ as a lifestyle.
>>
>>381070673

I like underage girls in thongs and MILFs in thongs.
>>
File: 490.png (337KB, 680x727px) Image search: [Google]
490.png
337KB, 680x727px
>>381071071
Pyra's design says otherwise
>>
>>381070806

It's the bosses who don't give a shit, the people who care about nothing but money. We don't know what the actual devs think. Some of them would probably be annoyed. That and most adults don't like the idea of a company telling them that they're not mature enough for certain things in games aimed at adults.
>>
>>381071196
It's been censored too, accept it.
>>
>>381071071
Judging by how this thread defends Sony changing games due to CERO or whatever europe has, not all of /v/ is on the same page sadly. Corporate dicksuckers go far
>>
>>381071275
if that is what we get after censorship I wonder what is before mmmm. I think to make her sexier she would have to be naked damn
>>
File: 1394214512959.jpg (49KB, 377x527px) Image search: [Google]
1394214512959.jpg
49KB, 377x527px
>this entire fucking thread
Australians were a fucking mistake
>>
>>381061550
Kanji isn't Japanese.
>>
>>381068395
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Unlike the European version, it actually had some fun and goofy moments in the writing, as well as the pure gold that was the tactics rooms.
>>
>>381062080
Why don't you give me your steam and help keep me motivated so I can learn too?
I learned 300ish Kanji a year ago before stopping because I stopped doing my reps for 2 weeks and forgot like half the shit I learned, which was incredibly demotivating. I got it in my head that any time I stopped doing reps I'd forget all the shit I learned.
>>
File: garbage.png (98KB, 1048x672px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
98KB, 1048x672px
>>381072113
Every single phrase in this filter list is something that a human being has actually decided is worth posting. They thought it was clever or insightful or the slightest bit worth sharing with the world. It's mystifying how these people even operate.
>>
File: censorship apologist bingo.png (188KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
censorship apologist bingo.png
188KB, 600x665px
>>381059803
fucking treehouse again
I want all the censorship apologists on this fucking board to line up right fucking now. This is your fault for bending over and sucking treehouse's dick a year ago and trying to corrupt /v/ with your garbage opinions. This is what defending terrible decisions by video game companies does. You fucking retards ruined everything
>>
>>381072747
Wow. It's worse when you see it all in a list.
>>
>>381059803

You people really need to dig fucking deep on the internet to find fodder to talk about this shit. Like what's the point at the rate when you're cribbing from whatever the fuck Oneangrygamer is.
>>
>>381074002

You know you're getting fucking quality when you have a blog article cribbing from a Nintendo themed blog article cribbing from fucking Kotaku. This sort of 4th hand stuff is why I don't come to /v/ much anymore.
>>
>>381059803

Am I going to be the only to point out that just looking at the first page of articles this site seems like pure click bait crap?
>>
File: file.png (284KB, 656x379px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
284KB, 656x379px
Is there a limit to how much you can butcher a game in localization?
Because I think this might be a new record.
I haven't seen something like this since totally rad on the NES
http://nintendoeverything.com/bravely-seconds-european-version-always-gives-players-a-good-ending-with-sidequests/
>>
>>381062068

Yup. This is why this SJW paranoia crusade can and forever just fuck right off. None of these people even matter anyway, it's just people seeking out anything to whine and make noise about and how they won't buy shit they were never going to buy anyway. I can't think of a sub-demographic that video game companies could possibly be less interested in taking feedback from or care about the grumblings of. These people can see they're not important right?
>>
>>381062080

Well the internet is straight fucked in 2017 so it's either find a group of friends in real life that aren't just shrieking memeing idiots or I guess just enjoy solo stuff. Not really sure what to say, I'm not the one that feels like acting like a shithead, complaining about everything and obsessing over the same irrelevant 5 topics seemingly indefinitely. The internet gamerbase is basically just one big salt mine at this point.
>>
>>381063045

Clickbait? Like it seems obvious to me
>>
>>381065441
>seriously saying MRA and anime-right without the slightest bit of irony
Go back to whatever retarded shithole you came from, please.
>>
>>381059803
I seriously can't for the life of me understand this issue.
We read or hear sex innuendos every single day. Comedians nowadays can't stop making sex related jokes, or religion jokes. Sex and religion used to be taboo decades ago, but we grew up and accepted that those are normal topics. Why are they censoring this stuff in videogames?
It's fucking crazy that some people get triggered over virtual titties.
>>
File: 1458156245535.jpg (209KB, 1474x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1458156245535.jpg
209KB, 1474x1072px
>>381074694
>>381062068
If people don't complain this horrible ideology of "hurr durr censorship is okay" would've swallowed nu-/v/ whole. This is what's important because time and time again, once there's enough negative feedback, for better or worse devs are forced to fix their garbage games see: Mass Effect Andromeda. All the shills for that game/apologists suddenly disappeared once Bioware started crying about time constraints etc. So basically, this matters. Defending censorship in any form will only lead to ruin.
>>
>>381059803

>Using the "culture" excuse to change literally anything you want.

This and the usage of the word culturalization as a defense is a very quick way to make real translators stop paying attention to you. Stuff like that really doesn't sit well with any decent translator. Too bad the video game industry is infested with shitty localizers. It's not always the translator's fault, really. Sometimes translators and localizers are the same thing — especially for smaller projects, but not always — but it's also very common for translators to make a rough translation, hand in their work, and and the localizers go wild.
>>
>>381075023
People are not complaining about poor translations, they're trying fight a fucking culture war. Fates' translation is bad in one way, Persona's translation in another. Do people give a shit? Of course not, they're just flinging shit at whatever they have decided are the Other Guys. If Anthony Burch was gushing over Persona you idiots would be complaining about it.
>>
>>381075023
>If people don't complain this horrible ideology of "hurr durr censorship is okay" would've swallowed nu-/v/ whole
You're not enacting any kind of change by doing this shit. The simple fact is, localisation is a niche business based entirely around profit margins, and none of these companies give a single fuck what a vocal minority on the internet are crying about.

The people to blame in this instance aren't Treehouse, despite them being disgusting faggots who should never be allowed near a game. The issue here is with NoJ, making dogshit titles nobody wants, and trying heavily to appeal to what they think the western audience wants because console gaming in Japan will be dead in 10 years.

When an angry dog bites someone, the fault isn't with the dog. It's with the braindead owner who lets the dog loose after mistreating it for years.

Every single game ever brought over from Japan is "censored" in some way. If you don't like it, learn the fucking language instead of crying online in an echo chamber.
>>
File: 1418149665248.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1418149665248.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
>>381059803
>>
>>381075384
>/v/ handbook
neat
>>
>>381075368
>nothing we discuss amounts to anything so we shouldn't do it at all because it "doesn't matter"
> If you don't like it, learn the fucking language instead of crying online in an echo chamber.
you fucking retard, that's the point of this thread, even if we learned Japanese, the original game was already fucking censored
>>
File: 1485010476153.jpg (1MB, 2204x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1485010476153.jpg
1MB, 2204x1469px
>Pokebarneyfag is still around
>hasn't been perma banned
But why though.
Daily reminder that if you console war shitpost you're either poor or 3rd world ESL. Did we learn nothing from /vint/? Console warring is always started by Brazillians who feel the need to justify their purchase due to their marked up console prices.
All three of the consoles right now have their merits, there's is no point to this.
>>
>>381075368

>If you don't like it, learn the fucking language instead of crying online in an echo chamber.

You missed the entire point of the thread. Try reading next time.
>>
>>381074432
This is probably just pure fiction. I've never heard of this site before.
>>
>>381075368
>animal metaphor
>didn't read the thread
WEW, these are the censorship apologists folks, just let them talk and they'll reveal how stupid they are just like another certain group of people
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
File: OHly9jH_d.jpg (8KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
OHly9jH_d.jpg
8KB, 208x206px
Stop giving Nintendo money
>>
>>381075854

For Christ's sake guys, try doing some basic fucking research.

http://nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-on-xenoblade-x-western-changes-nintendo-europe-handling-xenoblade-2-nintendos-localization-process/
>>
File: 1475615989967.jpg (59KB, 510x255px) Image search: [Google]
1475615989967.jpg
59KB, 510x255px
>>381062080
>playing games to talk to people about them
Fucking normalfaggots I swear to god
>>
>>381059803
Not being an autist who throws a fit over games meant for toddlers not being covered in blood and tits.
>>
>>381075842
>>381075646
Then grow up, and stop playing games made by an awful fucking company that lost the plot over 20 fucking years ago.

The only thing they're good at is children's titles anyway, and those don't even require a story.
>>
>>381076728

>Then grow up
>Says someone yelling at people on /v/

Haha.
>>
>>381076728

>Realizes he's a retard
>Grow up, guys! Their games are shit anyway.
>>
File: 1429285942331.jpg (83KB, 618x477px) Image search: [Google]
1429285942331.jpg
83KB, 618x477px
>>381065118
Polygon should watch something entirely in crabsticks to learn what is truly bad.
>>
>>381076563
Sorry dude. The op's headline seems like pure clickbait and no amount of research will make me think otherwise.
>>
>>381065118

Hating on localizations has become a meme at this point. A lot of people started bitching about truly awful localizations, more started joining in, and now everyone shits on any newly localized game just because. It's the exact same thing that happened with /v/. People start complaining about the state of the video game industry because they can see it heading down the shitter, it continues to deteriorate so more people complain, people eventually start complaining just to complain, it becomes a part of /v/, and now people bitch about literally everything, even good games.
>>
>>381076728
>replies with a non-arguement
>defends censorship
THIS IS THE INTELLIGENCE OF CENSORSHIP APOLOGISTS
Look at this thing /v/. This is what you become. A hypocritical dried husk of a man that does nothing but yell at people for no purpose
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously get the fuck off of my board.
>>
>>381060095
fuck you for making me check
>>
>>381065118
this is ironically a good albeit literal translation, but it doesn't flow well
>>
>>381077890
>good
No. A literal translation is one of the lowest effort things you can produce. It's in no way, shape or form "good". You are not becoming any more Japanese by reading awful dialogue.
>>
>>381076728
>>381075368
>this is your typical poster on nu-/v/
really makes the cookie crumble
>>
At least it's just Nintendo doing this shit.
>>
>>381079135
>implying
Every single company censors kiddo, the only hope you have is not play games, or stick to indies
>>
>>381079231
>not reading the article for context
When I said "this shit", I meant having the localizers meddle with the actual dev team.
>>
>it's another "everyone responds to pokebarneyfag" thread
>>
>>381079320
anon it happens all the time, as long as there is communication there is influence. Vidya was fucking dead from the moment western branches are set up
>>
>>381059803
Fuck dude I was actually excited to one day, when it has enough games, get a Switch because it's not region locked cancer. Never fucking mind.
>>
>>381065440
>This isn't censorship so much as it's catering games to fit their audience.
Except they're not. They're catering Japanese releases to western audiences. That makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>381061550
>it's only like 2100 kanji
Kanji is from Chinese you know
>>
>>381076728
why are censorship-apologists a thing?
>>
Nothing is being censored
Is a product and they want to sell it to as many people as possible so it makes sense.
If you wanted your product to sell in Japan for example you would hire someone that knows the culture so you dont put it some offensive shit that will make your product not sell

This is a business not an art gallery
>>
>>381065441
neogaf is leaking

did they start purging SJWs?
>>
>>381082016
>trying to make your product worse and get less sales
>running a business
Anon, this is misguided corporate "diversity". This isn't gonna help their sales at all.
>>
>>381082141
Nice buzzword, so you have an actual argument?
This is also not new in any way big business always do this, every single piece of media made to be big was "censored" like this.
I dont know why this is news
>>
File: 1476079380680.jpg (233KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1476079380680.jpg
233KB, 700x700px
>>381082254
>removing the japanesey from weeb games for weebs
>THIS IS A GREAT BUSINESS PRACTICE ITS GREAT EVERYONE LOVED IT ON THE SUPER NINTENDO
>>
>>381082370
What are you even talking about.
What "weeb" does nintendo games even have?
>>
File: 1470465748700.png (822KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
1470465748700.png
822KB, 600x827px
>>381082443
yeah man they're really talking about the localization of Super Mario
>>
File: 1473936504337.png (297KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
1473936504337.png
297KB, 640x284px
>>381082443
it's like you know nothing
>>
>>381082628
(lol
>>
>>381059803
This probably only applies to first party IPs.
>>
File: received_1240713636054604.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_1240713636054604.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>learn japanese to play games
>be ugly
>end up living in japan
>somehow get cute japanese gf
>spend much of my time with her even play mario together
>turns out she had been cheating on me
>she starts insulting me and then blocks me
>three years later, today suddenly this photo crops up out of nowhere
>now i understand why people drink in depression all their lives
>>
>>381082810
>implying that censorship via localization isn't a popular concept amongst freelancing Japanese-based localization teams like 8-4
>>
>>381082628
post rawr I'm a dragon
>>
File: x2-1484283188230_400w.png (113KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
x2-1484283188230_400w.png
113KB, 400x225px
>>381082443
>What "weeb" does nintendo games even have?
Not him but do you even realize what you just fucking said?
Look at nintendo's E3 presentation a second time and ask that question again.
>>
>>381082876
Did they?
>>
>>381082908
Difference is 8-4 aren't Nintendo owned and work in Japan themselves, so Nintendo obviously isn't referring to them. If the concern is over game's already being consored, then you have nothing to fear for except first party games. You can still import probably any third party game with total impunity.
>>
>>381059803
I doubt they will edit the original JP version, the Japs will riot if that was the case.
>>
>>381083104
Not him but Japanese are probably some of the biggest cheaters in the world. Super common for both guys and girls. When you partner goes away for couple days for something, you can pretty much expect them to have cheated on you.
>>
>>381083221
How could they riot if there's no point of reference, like an unmolested initial release ?
There certainly won't be any kind of coverage on the issue in any japanese video game media
>>
>wanting censorship in any way, shape, or form
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>381059803
It's only nintendo games dude

Nobody gives a fuck about nintendo games
>>
>>381067239
English is easy as fuck to learn because you're pretty much forced into it, at least in western yurop. That's not to say everybody is equally good at English, but kids that are into games, books and movies will inevitably end up fluent by age 12. At least that's what happened to me and most of the people I know.
>>
>>381064484
>I don't care about getting a full game
>>
>>381064346
>reading comprehension
Nip speakers are just as fucked now.
>>
>>381084563
The Japan-only games are okay sometimes.
>>
File: 1484492047013.jpg (50KB, 416x280px) Image search: [Google]
1484492047013.jpg
50KB, 416x280px
>>381065441
>Think of it as the MRA/anime-right of the video game industry
Are you being fucking serious right now
>>
>>381072747
As the OP, I sincerely hope that everyone has been reporting this faggot for his mindless shitflinging.
>>
>>381084594
I always wondered whether the ESLs on here were known as like "the English speaking guy" among their friends or whether most people spoke English so it's unremarkable.
>>
>>381088813
It depends on the country and group of friends, of course. Had I been a jap any level of speaking another language would have been enough to net me "that guy" status.
https://my.mixtape.moe/gunaap.webm
>>
>>381088813
I always was top of the class in France. Then again, it's France
>>
>>381088813
There was a guy on here who said he was from the Balkans or somewhere and apparently he was known in his class for his ability to speak English and even his English teacher would ask him the right way to say things.
>>
>>381083485
So NTR doujins are actually documentaries?
Thread posts: 426
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.