[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Killer Instinct any good? http://www.dsogaming.com/news/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Killer-Instict-feature-672x372.jpg (72KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
Killer-Instict-feature-672x372.jpg
72KB, 672x372px
Is Killer Instinct any good?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/killer-instinct-is-coming-to-steam-later-this-year/
>>
Probably the best western fighting game, which isn't saying much, but worth playing without windows 10 or xbone.
>>
ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>steam
no windows 10 then?
>>
The music is good, that's all I can say.
>>
>>381057754
>Probably the best western fighting game, which isn't saying much, but worth playing without windows 10 or xbone

That's a weird thing to say, considering that Eastern fighting games literally only have 3 good franchises, KOF, SF, and Tekken. The rest are either dead or garbage.
>>
>>381058171
Does it have The Way You Move from the original game?
>>
But will it have crossplay?
>>
>>381058689
OST does.
>>
Is this for real?
Did MS finally realize the amount of users theyre missing from Win7 huge install base?
Heres hoping GoW4/1UE also comes.
>>
>>381059138
>Win7
You sure? I wouldn't be surprised if it's win10 only.
>>
>>381059450
But then what would the point be?
Its already available for Win10 through Windows Store.
>>
>>381059612
Could be that it's also on steam store now while still being w10 only.
>>
>>381059450
Quantum Break used to be DX12 only, then it came on Steam with DX11 support, so it could happen
>>
>>381058585
The fuck does dead have to do with it? The west has historically never put out a good fighting game. This is the first passable one.
>>
>>381059763
Why would they give users the opportunity to pay the same price for a product who will pay shares to a store they down own?
It wouldnt make sense. It didnt make sense being Win10 only in the first place, people who didnt upgrade wouldnt suddenly decide to because of one measly game that isnt even that good.
>>
Shitty SF ripoff and I don't even play SF
>>
>KI has a small but very dedicated player base in Japan
>Xbox and W10 keep it from growing
>this happens

My asshole is not ready for the dicking I'm about to receive from the new influx of players. Especially now that Mira is winning in tournament play now.
>>
>>381060138
>KI
>SF ripoff

Confirmed for never playing the game
>>
>>381058689
Training mode allows you to set it as BGM
>>
>>381058171
it's all generic sounding noise except for Jagoff's theme
>>
>>381057754
As far as western fighting games go, it's the only one to get it "right"... but even still, the combo system is bizarre. The model they went with for the game's release was also really dumb. First it was a console exclusive game, then it was episodic then they brought it to PC, but only through that W10 store cancer. Everyone has forgotten about it by now and anyone who didn't no longer cares.
>>
>>381061730
Literally never listened to the album, not even going to entertain this bait.
>>
>>381061854
prove me wrong please, it's not like i am hating blindly
>>
>>381061785
Their model actually ended up working really well once they started having character sales for 99c and selling bundles.

Seriously, why hasn't SFV had a season 1 bundle yet?
>>
>>381061730
I dunno man, Cinder's theme is like the most metal fighting game music outside of Guilty Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmwFBK0cyk
>>
KI coming to Steam is probably the best thing the game could ask for. Considering every other significant fighter on PC is also on Steam (SFV, KOFXIV, GG, Tekken, etc.), the competition will be stiff.
>>
>>381062569
From the first album only:
>bassy pop with female vocals
>heavy guitar track
>guitar track sprinkled with native american
>spooby skeleton with deep brass and xylophones
>slow guitar track with tibetan throat singing
>fast metal track
>ayy lmao wubstep with choir backing
>slow droney guitar with subtle backing screams
>lycan frankenstein dark universish string track
you're a faggot who has never actually played the game or listened to the album
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ckR822Wu4k
Kudos to KI for having probably the best Native American character(s) in all fighting games.
>>
>>381062698
sounds like a nameless track kids put on their AMVs with montage of their favourite animu character
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZLmf3n00IM

This theme is so fucking good holy shit
>>
File: kotalkahnfuckingreally.jpg (154KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
kotalkahnfuckingreally.jpg
154KB, 401x372px
>>381063634
>>
>>381064526
Kotal Kahn can eat shit, dude.
>>
>>381064616
You have terrible taste.

Both in terms of his design and character personality/backstory he's fucking great. The only things wrong with him is how hard he got fucked over in the game's writing compared to the comic, and that he was supposed to be the Mayan god of war instead of Aztec when all of his attack names are in nahuatl
>>
>>381064526
>Aztec
>American
That aside, Kotal looks like an ayy lmao who has to take a shit all the time.
>>
>>381057754
Ahh I remember the VERY first days of KI

>This game is trash
>Shit game Devs
>It will never last
>Dead game

Head back to now. Mmm so great
>>
File: glacius.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glacius.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>381057754
KI is basically the hidden gem fighting game of this generation. People get turned off by the combo-break system though before realizing the depth in it. Microsoft dropped the ball hard when it came to advertisding and supporting the game, so they usually rely on community funding.

>>381061730
You're retarded. The OST is god tier and every character's theme is unique unless they're specifically related to each other (Jago and Shadow Jago, Hisako and Shin Hisako, Chief Thunder and the new archer character). Tusk's theme is literally elder god tier.
>>
Y'all fucked up. Anyone who had a gold membership got all the season 2 characters for free and it came with KI: classic
>>
>>381065010
>People get turned off by the combo-break system though before realizing the depth in it.
People don't like the idea of your own combo requiring mindgames of its own and that the idea of "I hit you, I earned my full combo" doesn't really exist in KI.
>>
File: 1362867535875.png (1MB, 1892x976px) Image search: [Google]
1362867535875.png
1MB, 1892x976px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3kIyMAhlgs
>Eagle is Green Arrow meets Nakoruru
I am so out of practice with KI, but I just have to learn this guy.
>>
>>381065253
It's not that different from DOA though.
>>
I've heard Killer Instinct characterized as "the Western attempt at an anime fighter." It kinda splits the difference between Street Fighter's grounded approach with crazier anime fighters like Guilty Gear. How correct is that?
>>
Eagle is finally coming to KI
>>
>>381066226
I wasn't aware there were anime fighters 20 years ago
>>
>>381065253
>"I hit you, I earned my full combo" doesn't really exist in KI.
It does since in KI, people are unpredictable with your combos and thus most of the time people don't combo break. They only do it on reaction to an animation, which is usually a heavy attack. New players spam combo breaker and get locked out too, so the enemy gets to do their full combo in lower level of play often too.
>>
If it was you wouldn't need to ask
>>
>>381057754
I pray this means all those Xbox For Windows games will come to Steam where they belong
>>
It has its moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOOCzx7KsM

>>381069259
Rare Replay on steam when?
>>
File: 1465925453991.jpg (16KB, 379x245px) Image search: [Google]
1465925453991.jpg
16KB, 379x245px
>>381069259
>everything belongs on steam
fuck off
>>
>>381069486

So why did the Wulf just sit there?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.