[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when an Assassin's Creed game that was based in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4247.jpg (177KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4247.jpg
177KB, 700x393px
Remember when an Assassin's Creed game that was based in France had every character speaking with English accents?
>>
>>381052365
Nice lies.

Even Ubisoft isn't that stupid.
>>
>>381052365
No because I stopped playing ass creed games after 3
>>
>>381052365
Remember how it was placed during the French Revolution and it took quite the backseat for half baked Romeo and Juliet?
>>
>>381052641

How did the story go anyway this one seemed kinda weak

Were the templars behind the revolution? Since you know the French king did fuck them over
>>
>Never finished AC1
>Played through AC2 and loved it
>Completely stopped playing the series after 2 for whatever reason
>Read the story years later on Wikipedia and saw some retarded bullshit about Adam and Eve being the first assassins and that their story in Genesis was just a metaphor for them righteously rebelling against a race of ancient beings

These games are fun, but thank goodness I never got invested in the story.
>>
>>381052885

I fucking have ALWAYS hated the future/animus aspect of the franchise
>>
>>381052365
I've been playing through it recently, god damn is it shitty.
>>
>>381052609
>he hasn't played black flag
you missed out on the best one
>>
>>381053109
>having fun being a pirate
>get forcefully pulled back into desk job for evil company
it's like pottery
>>
Remember when Altair had an American accent
>>
>>381053332
such a shame that they don't understand what made black flag fun
>instead of having a real pirate game they give us a shitty naval combat mmo
>>
>>381053559
>american
>accent
>>
>>381053332
It's a sort of cool idea, but the past sections are written so much better and so much more fun. Should of just made them self contained stories.
>>
You can play with French dub
>>
I just remember it having some fucking god tier interiors. Holy SHIT.
>>
>>381053702
Americans have an accent.
>>
>>381052868
I honest to God can't remember what either side wanted outside of opposing each other. I played it last year but I remember squat other than Arno's personal drama
>>
Remember when Disney did it for Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame?
>>
I don't, Unity was forgettable and fucking trash
>>
>>381054812
Americans don't have accents. States have accents, sometimes cities. There's no such thing as an American accent.
>>
Remember when you had something to live for
>>
>>381052641
ac stories are at their best when they arent jerking off historical events and people tho
>>
File: 100957083.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg (67KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
100957083.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg
67KB, 550x550px
>>381053702
>redcoat queen-kissing commies
>butter

>glorious freedom race of eagle-burger manpeople
>budder
>>
>>381055372

That's why they're called dialects, not accents.
>>
>>381055372
But there is.

There is a specific accent that non-American actors go for when they play Americans. It is the most generic accent ever and it can only be placed in America.
>>
>>381055373
Then fucking kill yourself. Every day is a blessing and a curse, and damn you, but enjoy it.
>>
>>381055393
It's but-der you swine.
>>
>>381052365
>Remember giant snakes?
>>
>>381055561
That accent doesn't exist. It was invented by Hollywood in the 40s and carried over to news broadcasts in the 70s.
>>
>>381053332
AC4 was really weirdly self-aware. I mean Abstergo Entertainment is LITERALLY Ubisoft.
>>
>>381055893
Actually Abstergo worked with Ubisoft to make Liberation, which would be AC: Liberation in our world.
>>
File: original.png (239KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
239KB, 500x500px
>>381052365
OI, sans cullote, YE TALKING SHITE BOUT ME madmoiselle Elise de la Serre, YA TWAT? I'll GOBBLE YA GOOK OFTER OI BASH YA NOG IN YA NECKSOCKET, monami.

Pure comedy gold when the actors forget to not be super British in this game while occasionally injecting French dribble in their sentences.
>>
>>381055372
yes there is, but it's comes across more suburban white folk accent with over pronunciations or Rs and Ss, or average redneck accent, or my favorite the transatlantic accent
those are usually the ones I hear when people try to do an American accent, be it to imitate or poke fun.
>>
>>381053671
A clear sign that the devs arent even true fans of their own game
>>
>>381053671
different developer, I think it's ubisoft Singapore, working on skull and bones, black fag devs are working on Origins, they are using skull and bones water technology though, which is looks pretty fucking dope.
hopefully they see all the people complaining about no single player and they'll add it, but nothing like the glorified tutorial that for honor calls a campaign.
>>
>>381056449
It was so odd but Ubisoft is lazy as fuck, so it was expected.
>>
>>381052365

>shoehorns french characters into most games they make

>sets game in france and no one speaks with the accent
>only ac game to do this

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>381059732
quebecois going 'fuck parisian french'
>>
>>381053559

That at least had an in universe explanation. He had an arabic accent in Revelations.
>>
I am French (from Paris, even) and I genuinely think Unity is among the worst AC games, same way Americans consider ACIII the worst.

The French Revolution setting is just not that interesting. Paris at that time was a open-air dump with nothing interesting going on from an architectural standpoint. It would have been much better to set the game around 1900, when the Eiffel Tower was built and the town gained its current shape.

The game itself was boring, the main character is the blandest Standard McDefault the series has ever put on and his romance with the red-haired chick went nowhere.

Syndicate with its Victorian setting and great OST is a much better game which says a lot
>>
>>381052365
Remember when the french speaking studio that made the game decided to have English accents in it because they recognized that french accents are not only hard to understand, but sound like absolute garbage?

tl;dr
England wins again.
>>
>>381053254
Black Flag is shithouse though.
>>
>>381062140
Paris still is an open air dump.... my visit to watch guns n roses there next month is a one off sacrifice

Then again like London, alot of my.focus will be avoiding muslims driving and blacks breathing and gypsies .
>>
>>381062140
>same way Americans consider ACIII the worst
there are a lot of bad things about 3 but it doesn't come close to how bad unity is both in gameplay and writing.
>>
File: 1496233783278.png (310KB, 494x476px) Image search: [Google]
1496233783278.png
310KB, 494x476px
>>381062140
The French Revolution is fascinating. It just takes place over too many years for a video game like this to cover. Robespierre's death is one of the most satisfying historical moments to read about.
>>
File: AmericanEnglishDialects.png (575KB, 2717x2470px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanEnglishDialects.png
575KB, 2717x2470px
>>381055561
>There is a specific accent that non-American actors go for when they play Americans. It is the most generic accent ever and it can only be placed in America.
That accent's fake as all fuck and was made by the media so the news national news wouldn't sound regionalized.

Pic related.
>>
>>381055393
>the butchers of English that are cockneys
>BOO'AH
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.