[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At least Destiny has good lor... >Schreier: Tell me the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: destiny_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
At least Destiny has good lor...

>Schreier: Tell me the truth. Is it because none of you have any idea what "The Darkness" actually means?

>Smith: So, I think that at a point, just totally candidly? We had no idea what it was. Straight up. We had no clue.

>Schreier: Good! I'm glad you're being candid today.

>Smith: We didn't know what it was, and we, for a period, we chose [that] we're going to lump all the races [in together], and you see this in the tooltips in the game. "Minions of the darkness." And we had taken all the races and said, "Ah, they will just be The Darkness." But that's not what the IP deserves. It's like, literally not.

>Schreier: I'm glad you're admitting this.

>Smith: And so what we're doing with Destiny 2 is, we are deliberately telling a story about the Light. And what it means to be chosen. And as such, we're in the process of removing the term "Darkness" from the game.
>>
>>381052204
No one has ever said this because of the whole grimoire bullshit. Shame Activision essentially cut the game in half. At least Bungie's getting another shot.
>>
>playing a loot shooter for the story
>>
>>381052204
I play a lot of Destiny and can confirm that only people on the Autism Spectrum care about the lore
>>
>>381053517
the real question is pc or console for D2?
>>
>>381054024
Not him, but i saw 4k 60fps footage earlier. It looked great.
>>
>>381054759
Yeah - part of me wants to get it on PC because it'll run better and some of my friends will actually get it so I can play with them.

On the other hand, Destiny was basically made to be a comfy couch console shooter, so I can't help but feel that feeling will be lacking on PC.
>>
>>381054024
The PC version looks great and makes the console version look like a total ripoff, but I think that the playerbase will last longer on console. Very few people play PvE exclusively so the PvP has to be good enough to keep people hooked, and PC players have many better options than Destiny for PvP.
>>
>>381054879
You could always hook your pc up to your tv and just kick back and play that way.
>>
As someone who never played the first game, is Destiny 2 worth taking a crack at on PC?
>>
>>381055547
It's a pretty competent shooter. It suffers if you don't have people to play with though, but there are websites for that.
>>
>>381055547
I'd say so, but make sure you have your expectations straight. It's not an open-world game but a loot-based action RPG. You do missions and raids for RNG drops, but the raids are great and demand good coordination. Still, you have to be prepared to do the same few activities over and over again in hopes of having the right gear drop. If that doesn't sound like fun then this won't be for you.

The PC version comes out almost two months after the console version so you can just wait and see how the game turns out.
>>
>>381055547
It's basically warframe without the F2P bullshit
>>
File: 1373156672985.png (207KB, 517x364px) Image search: [Google]
1373156672985.png
207KB, 517x364px
>The devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist.
>Bungie's greatest trick was convincing the world that Destiny wasn't an MMO.
>>
>>381056210
Hey, SkillUp

Your reviews suck
>>
>>381055929
>warframe without the F2P bullshit
I don't quite follow.
>>
>>381056308
Don't listen to that anon, Destiny and Warframe have very little in common
>>
>>381055080
What, though? Overwatch, Titanfall 2?
That's literally it.
FPS are shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.