[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a "console" survive without third party support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
3KB, 225x225px
How does a "console" survive without third party support and industry standard visuals?
>>
the Switch has third party support. and "industry standard visuals" are meaningless when they're chugging along at 5fps.
>>
>>381051890

The bread and butter of the switch BOTW, has gamecube graphics in 720p and dips below 30 fps...thats just pathetic.
>>
>>381052176
Normies don't care for resolution and framerate. If they did, they would've gotten a PC.
>>
>>381052281

Normies dont care about BOTW or a new mario game, the Wii was literally a fad for the same people that play mobile games. The switch really only appeals to Nintendo diehards and children.

I wish I could afford a nice PC but I cant justify spending upwards of 800 dollars on it.
>>
>>381051801
A great hook, and marketing in area no one else is in.

Nobody is buying an Xbox AND a PS4. Few are buying a PC and Xbox/PS4

But you can be sure as fuck that people are buying PC/PS4/XBox and Switch

Thats how money is made. Why be number 1 in competition with 2 others, when you can be number 2 in compliment with all 3?
>>
>>381053360

Handheld gaming lost to mobile games. The market isnt the same as it was when the sega game gear and gameboy were around.
>>
>>381052819
>The switch really only appeals to Nintendo diehards and children.

I guess those audiences are growing since Switch continues to sell out despite already reaching sales numbers where WIi U started to slow.
>>
>>381052176
There's nothing pathetic about it. If you focus less on graphics, you can focus on other things more, it's a tactical choice. It doesn't appeal to you, that's fine, but obviously it appeals to others.
>>
>>381051801
>survive without third party support and industry standard visuals
it survives by gamers who don't care about graphics and just want fun games.

mostly old gamers, since new ones are all about graphics and the cinematic experience.
>>
nintendo hasnt had third party support since the gamecube
>>
>>381052819
hahahaha Everyone point and laugh at the retard who thinks normies dont like the new zelda or mario
>>
>>381054265
i guess that's why the wii u was such a huge success
>>
>>381054265
this
>>
>>381052819
>Nice PC for $800+

budget builds are a thing anon
>>
>>381054287
Yeah GameCube still flopped with industry level specs and 3rd party.

The Wii motion control and DS 2 screen was golden era hardware and gimmick for Nintendo
>>
>>381051801
Games that aren't movies
Games that aren't AAA rehashes
>>
Switch will has third party support
>>
Good games like Breathe of a Wind Zelda.
>>
>>381051801
>B-but my port of a 6 year old game

On a serious note, as long as you have strong exclusives you'll survive
>>
>>381054650
So a strong first party?
>>
File: 1471890469586.jpg (39KB, 700x510px)
1471890469586.jpg
39KB, 700x510px
By not being a platform dependent on third party support.

The vast majority of people buying PS4s and Xbox Ones are using them as Netflix, COD and EA Sports machines.

Nintendo will live and die on its exclusives.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.