[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at this? I haven't even reached the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

How do I git gud at this? I haven't even reached the first boss yet and even the first miniboss (the one with the gigantic axe) keeps beating the shit out of me.

What's the secret?
>>
>>381051271
step 1: fist fight your dad
step 2: oxycottin 80s in your room for a month
step 3: fist fight your dad again
step 4: start suckin dick for ice water
>>
don't get hit, hit them during their recovery frames.
>>
File: 1497098914066.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1497098914066.gif
128KB, 728x426px
pic related is the secret
>>
>spam dodge
>spam R1

Congrats, you just beat BB
>>
>>381051271
Learn how many invincibility frames the dodge has, and get good at the dodge.

Try to stay out of attack range of an enemy until after they attack. Never hit an enemy that isn't open to attack. Defense is the best offense, so get good at dodging, boy.
>>
Beckoning Bell. Get some help from people son. No shame in calling people to your world for help.

Also, patience and repetition. Take frequent breaks if you begin to feel like shit. You'll get better eventually.
>>
>>381051271
Have patience is a huge must, when in doubt always dash backwards then follow up with a dash forwards to attack, and just go for a gun parry they're really easy if you chose the Pistol
>>
Can I still parry most attacks if I don't upgrade my pistol?
>>
>>381051271
>the first miniboss (the one with the gigantic axe)

The fatass executioner-looking motherfucker?
>>
>>381051271
That guy isn't a miniboss. The key to beating bosses in this game is to mostly stay close, dodge sideways when they wind up to hit, be aggressive withe melee. For some bosses and enemies your parry is really useful, like with the axe guy you're talking about.
>>
>>381051271
I only beat the first boss and i have no idea where to go in yharnam now, i looked everywhere for the next area but it feels like you're stuck
>>
>>381051690
Yes
>>
>>381051825
You have to go down into the sewers across the bridge from where all the dogs in the cages are.
>>
>>381051271

>inb4 e-celeb

Just ignore that and take in the information. There's some good shit in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqN9omsS1no
>>
>>381051980
ok, thanks
>>
File: 1486436001074.jpg (216KB, 750x814px) Image search: [Google]
1486436001074.jpg
216KB, 750x814px
>>381051271
practice your dodging/parrying. press up on the d pad to exchange some health for 5 extra bullets. dont be a cuck like >>381051586
is suggesting, summoning wont help you improve.
>>
The 'miniboss' is just a regular enemy, albeit one of the stronger types. It will just respawn if you kill it. It doesn't drop anything special though, and its unironically stronger than the cleric beast.
>>
>>381051271
That's a regular enemy.
>>
>>381051271
Visceral attacks.

The game doesn't tell you this, but if you stun an enemy mid attack animation and walk up to them and press R1, you can take a good chunk of health of them. It needs to be timed carefully in order for you to do it in succession.
>>
>>381051271

got some bad news about your "miniboss"
>>
you're going to have to grind a bit to raise your level. go down the main route and slaughter fools, returning back to your lamp or using bold hunters masks, then talk to the doll and level up several times.

play the game in five minute chunks to aid your sanity.

go in calmly and without any blood echoes to big battles, realizing that you'll probably die a couple times. dodge and see what their animations are doing, what it looks like when they charge you.

not an easy game, but leveling (buy vitality first) takes the edge off to where not literally every single hit is killing you at least.
>>
>>381051758
Yes
>>
>>381051467
>>381051271
a bit of practice. learn to parry. doesn't even take very long.
>>
>>381053954
it does tell you.
>>
>>381053954
>The game doesnt tell you this

Translation: I'm too fucking stupid to read the obvious glowing messages on the floor in the first floor sickroom
>>
>Bloodborne is hard
I started souls on Bloodborne and was downright disappointed at how easy it is and then souls in general. Its no harder than an average Zelda or castlevania, just with a punishing mechanic, which isnt even punishing because you're given a chance to get it back. Games like castlevania? We didnt get autosave checkpoints or any second chances to get our score back.
>>
File: 1442194478422.png (196KB, 326x329px) Image search: [Google]
1442194478422.png
196KB, 326x329px
>>381051586
>No shame in calling people to your world for help

Yes, he should be ashamed.
Like those fags in Dark Souls who refuse to take on an invader without a couple of groupies, despite being at a huge advantage already.
>>
>>381052106
Big bridge, big boulder
>>
>>381056702
it's only hard if you're a retard, this has been the consensus for almost every souls game. also dlc aside, I thought BB was easier than every game besides 2.
>>
>>381051271
Learn to dodge into enemy attacks rather than dodging away. It may seem unnatural but this game rewards aggressivity over safety.

Also parries are overpowered, learn how to parry/visceral and almost nothing will stand in your way

That's also why I would choose a weapon that allows you to carry a firearm (cleaver, cane, sif, etc) but that's up to you.
>>
File: 1443243215840.png (589KB, 1060x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1443243215840.png
589KB, 1060x1081px
If you chose saw or spear, delete your file and start over, Threaded cane is the only way to play. No exceptions.
>>
Always dodge forward, never back. BB is supposed to be aggressive
>>
>>381056729
>people who play dark souls don't play bloodborne

anon only casuals don't play every game in the series
>>
>>381056702
>Its no harder than an average Zelda

why do "soulsborne is actually easy" posters always have to exaggerate to such a retarded level
>>
Yarnham is by far the area where I died the most.
>>
>>381058639
Don't even anon. Even Twilight princess can be harder than souls. The entirety of the arbiters grounds for instance. Nothing in souls is legitimately hard because its all patern thinking. Once you find out something doesnt work, you figure not to do it again and find another way until you trial and error the level.
>>
>>381051271
okay for real
- Don't fight the guy with the big axe, you get nothing from the fight, there's nothing behind him either
- Git gud at dodging
- A skill for every action game, learn when the best times to heal are so you don't waste healing items
- It depends on what weapon you're using but transform attacks (L1 during a combo) can be really strong. The standard saw cleaver's R1 L1 R1 should be your bread n butter
- The big guys with a brick are your parry training, learn how to parry-riposte on them
- There are two bosses in the first area of the game. One is really big and on a bridge, that one's optional. The first real boss is a guy wearing a hat with an axe and shotgun. DO NOT fight this boss until you find the NPC that gives you the music box, that NPC has a sidequest related to this boss, also the music box can be used against the boss
- On that note, lit lanterns near a window indicates an NPC you can talk to
>>
Learn the fucking patterns of your enemy, retard. It's not like Souls games have some kind of super-advanced AI.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.