[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix EVOLVE? I'll start by pitching this to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: evac2.0.png (88KB, 1202x827px) Image search: [Google]
evac2.0.png
88KB, 1202x827px
How do we fix EVOLVE?
I'll start by pitching this to you. Thoughts?
>>
>>381035751
I think it's unsalvagable, at least with normies for the same reason titanfall 2 was. Titanfall 1 was overhyped and its inability to live up to the hype resulted in lackluster sales for the sequel, even though it was a good game. Evolve was similar, but was even worse with day 1 elf and stuff. The 2nd evolve will not sell, regardless of improvements. The devs would have better luck slapping a new coat of paint on evolve and selling it as a new ip
>>
Out of tradition TDM, people are drones when it comes to FPS. Even capture the flag scenarios have become outdated with the plethora of tactics involved, which is quite similar to sports / chess in a way you go from one side of the board to another. This was an extension of everyone work together to kill the superhuman guy before it chops everyone to pieces.

3 point to 5 point territory, bomb defusal and 1 to 2 point objective cap seem to be the norm.

Game types like convoy / VIP protection hardly exist anymore, hostage scenarios. A game like Evolve can't survive, the FPS genre need maps catered to certain play styles to succeed, where funnily enough Halo did it quite well, even though I don't have an Xbone I remember it's multiplayer being memorable.

PC use to have an extensive modding community for new gameplay types, doesn't exist anymore. Dodge ball, Cart pushing, Prison break.

Sadly I want more interesting game types but its not happening.

Think of that Sheep game in WC3 except in FPS, with a moving convoy. That would be interesting.

Evolve was just one concept, can't survive, same with Titanfall having weak gameplay balance.
>>
>>381035751
They should've made some kind of Score/Time system with modes and make it so that only hunters are human-controlled
>>
>>381037448

Evolve was pretty well received when it was in early access, it probably would have done OK if the publisher hadn't decided to fuck around with shitty pricing and pre-order bonuses.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.