[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Side with Caesar >A man with knowledge of the Old World,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1432886482774.jpg (160KB, 622x510px) Image search: [Google]
1432886482774.jpg
160KB, 622x510px
>Side with Caesar
>A man with knowledge of the Old World, and with extensive knowledge of the Classics
>Bases his nation on the Roman Empire, plays the part of a Roman Emperor, but is still fully aware of his actions
>Understands what other nations are doing wrong and wants to use tried and true tactics to fixing them
>Worst ending

>Side with House
>A man that actually lived before the bombs were dropped and has extensive knowledge of the Old World
>Already has his plans set up, and needs someone else to set them in motion, also is transforming the Las Vegas Strip into what it was before the war
>Understands what happened and lived through it, is undoubtedly the most suited person to rule New Vegas, but also just wants New Vegas instead of the entire coast
>Neutral/Bad ending

>Side with NCR
>A bunch of sand peoples who had cows, so they made an army with little knowledge of anything
>Based off the United States, but kind of, and only had one good president, and that system has been failing ever since
>Aside from money, they have no idea what they want and are just copying some Old World stuff they think sounds good, will fall apart in the near future and are lucky to have survived as long as they did
>Best ending

Can someone remind me why this is the case?
>>
>>381035278
NCR gets results.
>>
I bet you think the NCR is the best ending cause you can spare the BoS
>>
>>381035278
It depends on your karma. If you have good karma ending order is Legion, then NCR and House, then independent (which is always the worst ending except for bad karma legion)
>>
>>381035561
No I think the NCR is the best ending because it's made to be

Literally everything goes well for almost everyone. Almost all your companions love the NCR, the settlements around can be convinced to love the NCR, and it's only people we're supposed to look at as criminals who lose in the end
>>381035727
Maybe I missed something but I did good karma for every run and the ending that came out the worst was admittedly Yes Man,
but I'm trying to get replies with that OP,
but otherwise
the Legion
>>
I'm a huge Rome-boo, and I'm here to explain what's wrong.

Caesar based his Legion on the idea of a semi-divine military dictatorship. There is very little loyalty to the ideal, rather it's the pure charisma and force of Caesar that carries the Legion to victory. Fucker can quote Tacitus and Polybius endlessly, but he lacks the beuracracy and technical skill to maintain Legion after his death. Rome was successful somewhat because it wasn't made in such a short amount of time, or by one person. Caesar doesn't even have an heir, and Lanius is a maniac.

Caesar's Legion is more akin to Alexander's Empire than Republican/Imperial Rome. Greatness achieved quickly, but will crumble just as fast.
>>
>>381036013
>Caesar's Legion is more akin to Alexander's Empire
I've been starting to believe this. Caesar's men aren't as tired as Alexander's were though, so it's almost a combination. The issue is, Caesar's men aren't educated because then they'd see the facade that is Caesar. Like you mentioned, he doesn't even have an heir, and that's because of this as you understand

Also, I think Romaboo sounds better
>>
>>381035958
The NCR ending basically guarantees overextension and failure, and tends to end poorly for the small towns like good springs and prime.
>>
>>381036772

>The NCR ending basically guarantees overextension and failure

Only if you reach the end without getting the settlements on the NCR's side. With the support of most of the Mojave, they're pretty set to do well.

On the Legion's side, they really don't have the infrastructure/internal bureaucracy to keep them cohesive after Caesar dies. Sure, they've got military might, but without a strong succession of leadership they'll just revert to smaller warring tribes, destroying any potential progress for humanity.
>>
>>381036319
>tfw no option to become Caesar's heir
>have to bend over to that fag Lannius
>>
>>381037391
Theoretically the NCR is the best ending with all lore taken into account, but I feel like the ending slides rank in the order I described for good karma
>>
Siding with House and killing Lanius is the best ending:
>Genius level intelligence man in control, with no desires other than the betterment of Vegas and, in the future, humanity.
>Courier gets all the perk of living in luxury, without worrying and stressing over issues of leadership.
>NCR loses, making the politics over in California rethink their strategy of unending conquest, while still getting energy from the Dam.
>Legion is crippled by the loss of Lanius, giving another chance for the NCR to finish them and keeping them out of Vegas.
>>
File: survivalist.png (570KB, 615x672px) Image search: [Google]
survivalist.png
570KB, 615x672px
Even akinator knows his story
>>
>>381035278
>side with a mass murderer - bad end
>side with a power hungry madman - neutral/bad end
>side with the people who want to help everyone - good ending
Gee, I dunno why. Maybe because knowing what you're doing doesn't keep you from being morally reprehensible.

Unless the NCR gets in to the slave trade or something, they'll always be the good guys - you know, cause the definition of a good guy is someone who helps others and avoids hurting people, even at cost to himself.

Similarly, as long as the Legion is based on conquest and slaves, it will always be evil. Regardless of anything else they accomplish.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.