[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would YOU give Metroid Prime 4 the Breathe of the Wild treatment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Fusion2.jpg (197KB, 1019x757px) Image search: [Google]
Fusion2.jpg
197KB, 1019x757px
How would YOU give Metroid Prime 4 the Breathe of the Wild treatment?

Me?

No more fucking doors. Why would every door react with Samus' weapon anyway?

No more fucking Super Missile doors, no more ice doors, no super bomb doors. No fucking backtracking to open a door for a missile upgrade. And no more rooms, have it be an open world, maybe even several planets/asteroids you can visit at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>381028796
>BoTW treatment
>remove everything that makes Metroid fun

Sounds about right
>>
>>381028796

for one I wouldn't have made another metroid prime because metroid prime is dead
>>
>>381028960
Are you legitimately telling me that backtracking > exploration? Backtracking for a missile upgrade was never fun. For all the hype Super gets for "exploration," it's all bullshit.
>>
>>381029545
NO WAYYYY, THE PHAZON TOTALLY BLEW OUT INTO SPACE AND INFECTED ANOTHER SPACE PIRATE COLONY FULL OF METROID THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO CLONE

Somehow they forgot about super metroid where the mocktroids were the clones of metroids, and weak as fuck.
>>
>>381029824
backtracking is exploration, both in the fact that youre going somewhere you couldnt go before and sometimes the environment changes through the course of the game. If going through places youve been before is such a chore you must suck at video games
>>
>>381029824
>>381028796
if you dont like metroid don't pretend like you do.
>>
>>381028796
Metroid is obviously not your cup of tea.

Might I recommend something more mindless, such as Grand Theft Auto?
>>
>>381028796
Literally just make another Super Metroid, but with a different planet, at least on-par level design because Super is god-tier in that regard, and make the game have that feeling of just pure loneliness and isolation again. No forced story bullshit, just subtle cues of what to do next.

Or do everything above but Prime style which is fine.
>>
>>381028796
There is no need for a "BOTW treatment" for a Metroid. Because BOTW simply went back to the roots of the series.

If Metroid Prime did this, there would only be more backtracking and doors, which is what the original game is about.
>>
>>381028796
Have Samus start with all her abilities. You get entirely new abilities to play with that interact with the old ones. I don't understand how she forgets or just happens to lose everything each game.
>>
>>381028796

I hope Nintendo does this because Primefags deserve it. I'll be over here enjoying superior 2D Metroid come September.
>>
File: 1318809723757.jpg (186KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1318809723757.jpg
186KB, 600x750px
I like the gating in Metroid games because I don't have an issue with what people call backtracking inherently. The Prime games flowed perfectly up until you got all upgrades, at which point you'd then scan the clues at the Artifact Temple, and use them to find the artifacts while roaming around in a fully powered suit, being able to just enjoy the scenery and fucking wreck enemies. And it lasts for like an hour if you're not fucking retarded. Even less if you got some artifacts during your regular playthrough. If you have issues with going through familiar areas more than once, you really shouldn't be touching a game involving exploration whatsoever. Maybe play Fusion at best, since it really funnels you (I like it too, it's just different), so you'll almost never run into the backtracking boogeyman.
>>
File: 1318801020001[1].jpg (36KB, 600x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1318801020001[1].jpg
36KB, 600x1025px
>metroid
>open world

delete your thread and kill yourself
>>
>>381030713
Because Samus can basically fly in most game, it would kinda ruin the progression, without being exclusively limited by doors.
>>
>>381028796
Metroid isn't in the right place for a Breath of the Wild treatment.

Right now the series' fanbase is so upset and bitchy that even a game that tweaks Super Metroids formula as little as Echoes did will cause them to fucking riot. The game has been placed on an untouchable pedestal, as has Prime to a certain extent, and with the past two entries being universally hated partially due to major genre changes any second of gameplay footage is going to fall under heavy scrutiny. Hell, we have people browsing Samus Returns threads complaining about how linear the game looks when its a remake of an already linear game, because Super Metroid wasn't rigidly linear and that's the gold standard.

Nintendo needs to appease those people and earn good faith in the series again before they start thinking about how to reinvent the existing formula.
>>
>open world
This meme needs to die, I can't recall the last game that used this style of exploration that didn't cause the other parts of the game to suffer. What's the point of having a massive world if it's fucking empty?
>>
>>381028796
Metroid Fusion needs a 3-D survival horror remake.
>>
>>381031562
just play other M and pretend ridley is scary
>>
>>381028796
They should give Samus a green tunic and then make her original armor Amiibo exclusive.
>>
>>381031650
No no no, I want to see the X-mutated creatures and the space station going to hell because of the SA-X
>>
File: 1497382006661.jpg (78KB, 540x732px) Image search: [Google]
1497382006661.jpg
78KB, 540x732px
>>381028796
Nah, you have a point, but I wouldn't completely get rid of classic Metroid doors. I would just feature them in an area or two, probably some cavern system deep within the planet (or even moon) that you're exploring. But other areas might just have regular automated doors that might open as you approach them, some other places might have doors that you'd need to scan to open up, and others might be interacted with another way. Or some places might not have doors at all.

But in any case, I'd give the gameplay a bit of an overhaul by giving Samus a slew of platforming-related abilities, making Samus much more agile and fast, opening up rooms, making them bigger in general to allow for Samus' new abilities, as well as switching up classic Metroid Prime items. I would make Samus sprint by default at full analog tilt, and I'd give her the classic Metroid run animation but this time, you'd see it from Samus' view. I'd give Samus the ability to wall-jump, like in Mirror's Edge, the ability to vault small platforms, give her the Power Grip from the 2D games, and so on. As far as remixing old Metroid Prime abilities, the Space Jump should be altered, so that you get maybe 3-4 jumps in the area, like in the 2D games, and in addition to that, if you hold the jump button, you also hover for a time. This might allow some great, incredibly precise and unorthodox platforming.

(1/2)
>>
>>381030209
I fucking hate metroid. That's why I want it to change.

Metroid 2 got it right. Constantly moving you forward without much need to go back to some area.
>>
File: 1444867062053(1).jpg (226KB, 842x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444867062053(1).jpg
226KB, 842x1080px
(2/2)

I also would overhaul the grapple beam. It would now be selectable like in Super Metroid as its own distinct beam. Not only would it be used in obvious designated places where you would need to use it to cross gaps, I'd also make it so that you could use it anywhere and the game's physics would allow you to potentially do some crazy stuff, especially when combined with the grapple beam. In terms of new abilities, I would also include the Speed Booster and Shinespark in the game, the former of which might also be combined with the Space Jump and the grapple beam which might give you incredible platforming options and might even be used to sequence break. The latter could work like Halo 5's ground pounds. But if we're talking straight up new stuff, I would give her the ability to boost around in the area for a short time like D.Va in Overwatch, which would give you even more options. I'd also give you a time-based beam that might slow everything down in its tracks, sort of like the ice beam slowing enemies down considerably rather than freezing enemies.

When it comes to combat, I would give her more beam options. We would have maybe 5 different beams that you'd need in order to complete the game (the standard MP 4, in addition to the Grapple Beam), but also a bunch of different optional beams that might have their own different roles in combat, like a beam that acts like a sniper-rifle or a beam that's pretty much a shotgun.

Boom, there's your Breath of the Wild treatment for Metroid. Literally just do this, Nintendo, and you'd make one of the greatest games of all time. But watch them just put some 'totally-not' QTEs and EPIC melee combat in the game, completely destroying the mood and atmosphere of Metroid.
>>
>>381032513
fuck off to zelda and stay there
>>
>>381032542
Meant to quote >>381032349

fug
>>
>>381030713
Yeah but why is that a problem? As in BotW, Link can climb and go anywhere very early on.

Why not have a planet/asteroid/base, and have Samus be able to go everywhere. The artificial boundaries create a boring game design that we're too familiar with.
>>
>>381030713
SOTN gave a plausible explanation to that one.
Fusion did as well.
Don't ask me what happened in Super though.
>>
>>381032349
Space Jump can be one of the main upgrades like how Stamina is in Zelda. You can get a double, triple, quadruple jump, etc.

As long as jumping becomes something viable for combat the way stamina was important for exploring areas in Zelda.

Just because it's open world doesn't mean we have to sacrifice the "horror" elements of Metroid. Open world doesn't mean flatlands, it just means no more artificial barriers like Green Doors because you couldn't competently design a world. Caverns, tunnels, and other cramped spaces are still possible.
>>
>>381028796
Just no more fucking scanning everything.
>>
>>381033229
>Space Jump can be one of the main upgrades like how Stamina is in Zelda. You can get a double, triple, quadruple jump, etc.
I like the sound of that.

>As long as jumping becomes something viable for combat the way stamina was important for exploring areas in Zelda.
Why wouldn't it be?

>Just because it's open world doesn't mean we have to sacrifice the "horror" elements of Metroid. Open world doesn't mean flatlands, it just means no more artificial barriers like Green Doors because you couldn't competently design a world. Caverns, tunnels, and other cramped spaces are still possible.
Who said anything about going open-world? The basic structure should be the same as any other Metroid game, BUT now there are parts of the game where you might be given the option to progress in one direction or the other. Say there's like, 9 areas in the game. Let's say that at some point, you get a certain upgrade that might allow you to progress in two different directions. You might go into one direction, get an item that lets you progress in one way, or you could've gone in the other and gotten an item that might've let you do something else and opens up paths elsewhere. And of course, you can always go back and go the other way and collect those power ups later.
>>
>>381028796
what you described sounds like the shittiest Metroid game of all time
>>
File: 1435432896615.jpg (302KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435432896615.jpg
302KB, 1280x720px
bump

This is a potentially interesting thread. D-don't die on me!
>>
Metroid, to me, has never felt organic. It never knows what it's trying to do. Mixed messages with atmosphere and themes. The action isn't quite deep, neither is the exploration, nor the story, etc. It's such a mixed bag of things that it doesn't really belong as a modern series unless it finds some way to ground itself.
>>
>>381035786
>Metroid, to me, has never felt organic. It never knows what it's trying to do.
It this post for real? lol
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.