[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why this series fate was so cruel? It started so good with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: dao.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dao.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
Why this series fate was so cruel?
It started so good with the DAO. After doing the human noble origin, making through the Wardens trial and surviving the lost battle I was feeling, like a real adventure and epic (even if cliche) tale was opening upon me.

What other games with character creation can recreate this feeling?
>>
File: low_ems_destroy.jpg (56KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
low_ems_destroy.jpg
56KB, 900x900px
The Mass Effect trilogy is pretty good.
>>
Grim Dawn.
>>
Human Origin is the boringest one to me, but you do get some nice unique dialogue towards the endgame
>>
I'm afraid DAO is the last relic of a bygone era. It was one of the last rpgs in modern times with a silent main character and no real time combat. Kotor is very similar if you haven't 'layed that.
>>
>>381023476
Neverwinter Nights 2 is pretty similar to this game, but has a bit more indepth RPG mechanics, give it a try.
Original campaign is a bit meh but still worth a playthrough; expansions on the other hand are pure elder god tier.
>>
>>381024716
Pillars of Eternity
Obviously Baldur's Gate games
>Witcher trilogy
Kingdoms of Amalur... I guess, great gameplay and lore.
Dragon's Dogma
>Elder scrolls
Divinity Original sin. Although, "shitty" meme story with AMAZING gameplay
>>
File: 1473296131252.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1473296131252.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>381023476
>human noble origin
>>
>>381025403
>Divinity Original sin
I wonder if they're going to make story less cringeworthy in the second game.
>>
>>381025567
hopefully
Couldn't get past 15 hours. A damn shame, but it was fucking unbearable.
>>
>>381025512
It's the most satisfying one other than Dwarf noble. Confronting Arl Howe with his evil banter about your family is good stuff.
>>
>>381025658
What was wrong with the story? Was thinking about playing it
>>
>>381025951
It's just cheesy as fuck is all. Might even seem cute at first but actually gets more grating the further you progress.
Could be matter of taste though, try it yourself.
>>
Started a new playthough recently, does Shale make for a good tank? My main character was the tank for my first playthrough and I find Alistair obnoxious so I want to replace him ASAP.
>>
>>381025951
As I said meme story.
Not a single serious story moment, as far as I know.
Some characters are great and serious, but it's like putting batman in toontown, sure funny first hour. Serious topics "narrated" as if by a 14 year old /b/ faggot.
There are some sad or dark moments, but there's no time too breathe or "take it in".
Maybe it gets better, I'm sure I'll finish it one day.
An analogy can be a self-conscious ironic guy who can never be serious.
>>
>>381026312
Shale has a special ability that helps with armor and regens health while Shale just stays in one spot. Works good for dragon fights.
>>
>>381026312
>Alistair
If you keep calling him out on his bullshit he actually stops crying like a bitch nigga all the time.
>Shale
She's actually fragile as fuck, get Wynne and give her arcane warrior specialization, gg you win forever.
>>
>>381026312
All characters grow in the game depending on your choices.
Mostly Leliana and Alistair, they can be completely different by end of game, or worse.
>>
>>381025403
>Dragon's Dogma
This mother fucker right here.
>>
>>381027589
Pro tip: The gog version is cheaper than on steam
Or, you could just pirate it.
>>
File: 1480572012596.webm (3MB, 572x366px) Image search: [Google]
1480572012596.webm
3MB, 572x366px
I want to buy Dragons Dogma but i heard that gog version sucks. Should i buy it on Humble store for €11,99 or wait for steam summer sale? It's -60% right now on humble, how cheap it usually is on steam sales?
>>381025567
I played it and story is much better. Feel personal so you actually care about it and I dare to say is even interesting.
Companions are still meh at best. How could they made so good characters with so good VA and so much personality in Dragon Commander and then make so bland and uninteresting companions in their crpg is beyond me.
>>
>>381028665
>i heard that gog version
How so?
>>
>>381028940
*sucks
>>
>>381028940
gog version save pawns at cdp servers.
steam version save pawns at capcom servers.
They are completly seperate so gog version have much less pawns than steam version.
>>
File: stannis did nothing wrong.jpg (38KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
stannis did nothing wrong.jpg
38KB, 900x600px
>>381029586
*fever
Fever pawns than steam version
>>
File: why are we here just to suffer.png (179KB, 616x440px) Image search: [Google]
why are we here just to suffer.png
179KB, 616x440px
>>381029926
>v
fuck
me
>>
So the pawns are hotter at GoG? What;s the problem?
>>
>>381029926
it's spelled fewer* you mongoloid
>>
>>381030448
>>381030039
I realized that right as I clicked 'post'.
>>
I still want a Dragon Age 4.
>>
>>381031210
Just play some modules for nwn.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.