[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Persona 5 >Semi regular threads about the characters and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Horizon-Zero-Dawn-4K-1-1920x1080.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-4K-1-1920x1080.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>Persona 5
>Semi regular threads about the characters and story that get hundreds of replies even now
>Nier Automata
>Semi regular threads about the characters and story that get hundreds of replies even now
>Breath of the Wild
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>The only threads that come up (about 2 a fortnight) about how manish the main character is and how western developers have gone to shit
What happened? Was it that bland and shitty?
>>
>>381019652
The characters and story were entirely forgettable. The gameplay is OK but nothing special expecially when you could slow mo everything all the time
>>
>characters and story

Can we discuss this part. Why is /v/ so utterly incapable of discussing gameplay? It's always just "this game is shit" other equally meaningless statements.
>>
>>381019652

Because it's really not a game people are playing for the story/characters it's more of gameplay kind of game. Ya know.. not an RPG.
>>
>>381019652
>Western shit barely gets any attention
A water is wet. Who would have knew?
>>
>>381019652
It was pretty fun, amazing graphics, story was ok, but there just wasn't anything there really. You could tame dinos but it didn't do anything, there were a bunch of weapons and ammo types but it didn't really matter, the different areas all played the same....

It was fun but forgettable. If the sequel puts an emphasis on taming dinosaurs and adds more of a survival element I think it might be pretty special.
>>
>>381019652
No, every thread instantly devolves into console wars and zelda posting.

Silenz or however the fuck you spell it was the best. I really like the actor.
>>
>>381019652
Persona 5 stopped getting threads and replies after Sony got destroyed at E3. Sonybros finally stopped shilling that shitty VN weeb-bait game.
>>
>>381020993
>You could tame dinos but it didn't do anything

besides letting you ride certain types and having others fight along side you? that sort of "didn't do anything"?

>there were a bunch of weapons and ammo types but it didn't really matter

except the different ammo types exploited weaknesses on various robots making them easier to kill unless you really like firing hundreds of basic arrows at a Stormbird for 30 minutes while trying not to die.
>>
i loved just walking around in this game, the world, the ruins, the cities, everything felt so organic and well realized.

Just wish there were more machine types and a better story. Hope the DLC adds at least 5 more combat machines.
>>
>>381019652
because nobody here has actually played it.

I know this, because when I bought it, most of the things /v/ said about it except for aloy being unattractive were wrong.
>>
>>381021531
>unless you really like firing hundreds of basic arrows at a Stormbird for 30 minutes while trying not to die.
You fucking know it.
>>
>>381020472
discuss what? I'm not gonna pretend the other games listed are better, but there's nothing to discuss
>>
no its a nice game but /v/ is full of people who go on about muh superior Japanese games, western games are not good!
>>
>>381022620

I do gotta say fighting flying enemies in HZD is a pain in the but when it comes to aiming although if you know the weakness to stun them so they'll drop to the ground then it's alright.

Nothing more satisfying then hitting a glinthawk with a triple fire arrow then run over and wail on it with my spear.
>>
>>381022620
Whats the right way to kill these fucks?
>>
>>381023248
Hit them with tearblasts to get them on the ground.
Ropecaster and then free spear crits.
>>
>>381023248
Use arrows they're weak to and melee them on the ground
>>
>>381023248

scan it for weak spots then hit it with some tearblast arrows before going to town on all the juicy exposed weak spots.
>>
File: vatista.jpg (191KB, 920x1177px) Image search: [Google]
vatista.jpg
191KB, 920x1177px
>>381022593
Agreed.

I bought it from the summer sale and haven't stopped playing it.
>>
The stormbirds were great, for some reason after the first time i killed a thundermaw it just seemed to get really easy. But the birds are still hard.
>>
>>381023898

I haven't tried a thundermaw in the wild but I ran into some behemoths by accident and just tore them up and they were a lot of fun to fight.
>>
>>381019652
Is this scene actually in the game? I don't remember climbing a tree like this to jump on one of those dinosaurs.
>>
File: 1485104616884.jpg (152KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1485104616884.jpg
152KB, 960x731px
Is this game full of Ubisoft open world busywork like towers, enemy encampments and running around picking up plants for crafting purposes? I kinda want to try it out, but I don't think I can stomach that shit anymore.
>>
>>381024382
Only 5 "towers" which are those giraffe looking robots, few camps but they are way bigger and more well designed than anything in far cry. Crafting is there and it's the worst part of the game.
>>
>>381024382
That's exactly what it is.
>>
>>381019652
I'm still playing is some odd 50 hours later. I could explore this world again and again and again, and now with the DLC coming, and with more weapons, I have another excuse to.
>>381024382
>towers
They're giant moving giraffe-like robots, way better but essentially the same.
>enemy encampments
Yup.
>running around picking up plants for crafting purposes
And yup.

Where other games bored me with that set-up, HZD kept me interested.
>>
>>381024063
Theres a place where there are two thundermaw, you can corrupt them into fighting each other or override one for the same effect but much harder to pull off. It's fun to watch from behind a rock.
>>
>>381024625
>>381024649
>>381024732
Well that's unfortunate. I may try it out at some point anyway because post apocalyptic tribals are my shit, but I'll wait a bit longer so I'm not as fatigued by that stuff as much.
>>
>>381024382

There are a few tallnecks that help increase the map view but if I recall correctly there's only 5 or so total in the game and they're actually fun to complete.

There are bandit camps you can take over to create friendly settlements but you don't have to do them unless you're going for 100%.

Crafting is a big part of the game but it's not really that intrusive in my opinion. You just run around the map and there are plenty of things to grab while running (just hit triangle) which you can later turn into resistance potions.

You get medicinal herbs that you can use for healing or you can kill animals for meat that can be used to make health potions. Obviously make your own arrows/ammo from machine parts, etc.

Honestly the only thing I hated about gathering items (specifically wild items) was Aloy makes a comment every now and then, "hearty little.. you'll help" that grate on my nerves since it's the same 5-6 lines for the entire game.

Crafting over all though is made very simple with the crafting wheel for ammo so you can literally be in the middle of a fight, the crafting wheel comes up, everything slows down so you can make a shit ton of arrows then go back to fighting.
>>
>>381024803

Is that the place sort of west central on the map where there are two big plateaus with a big wide open space between?
>>
>>381024382
Thats what a modern open world game is now.
Based Ubi
>>
>>381025153
With the lake at the end of the box canyon, yeah. As soon as I saw the second one I had a 'hold my beer' lightbulb flick on.
>>
>>381025414

I just love overriding enemies in general so that sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing more enjoyable than overriding a snapmaw then watching him rip and tear his bros.
>>
The UI options are amazing. Never seen anything like it.
>>
>comparing a new IP to established series.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.