[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a game has a superb story but shit everything else, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
If a game has a superb story but shit everything else, is it a good game?
>>
>>381016705
Surely you can't be implying the OST is shit. At worst, it is "good" tier.
>>
>>381016705
That's dependent on who you're asking, some people would be cool with it if the story's entertaining enough. On the other hand there are people who just want to play a game.

There is no one answer for this issue OP, I'll tell you one thing that's 100% true though you're a faggot
>>
>>381016705
Hopefully not pic related because the only good thing about it is the OST.
>>
>>381016705
Only good in the eyes of utter faggots with no imagination. ""Story"" is the cancer killing video games.

The game doesn't need a good narrative to be atmospheric, immersive and believable. It can be more subtle than that and have good gameplay inbetween instead.

The same people that liked nier probably watch seasonal flavor of the month shitty moeshit anime instead of just watching the classics and greats.
>>
>>381016705
But the plot in this game is shit.
>>
>>381016705
I dunno, probably
yoir pic is not related tho
>>
a game with good ost and shit everything else isn't a good game, sorry to disappoint you
>>
File: 1486244595638.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1486244595638.png
56KB, 491x585px
>it's a Nier Automata wasn't a masterpiece thread
>>
>>381016705
the plot in this game isnt anything special, but the characters are still compelling, which is differnet. Literally quests are just talking to people. Like, one guy who gets lonely just wants you to walk up and talk to him 3 times, quest line completed. If you just look at that as gameplay, it's terrible. But the characters are compelling enough that it's good
>>
It's good entertainment software but not a great game.
>>
File: 1396134872499.png (111KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1396134872499.png
111KB, 453x599px
>they are still assmad enough for trying to shitpost about Automata when majority of players enjoyed it months ago and moved on
>>
i just started today, how are you meant to dodge those horizontal swipes from the bagger 288s?
i cant jump over them
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.