[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to Xbox and the power of the cloud? Did th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: XBOX-One-Cloud.jpg (49KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
XBOX-One-Cloud.jpg
49KB, 970x546px
Whatever happened to Xbox and the power of the cloud? Did they give up on the concept completely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw
>>
>>381014254
Remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWANLy9TjRc

none of this shit was shown at E3 on the Xbox One X
>>
File: DA POWAH OF DA CLOUD.jpg (386KB, 647x1098px) Image search: [Google]
DA POWAH OF DA CLOUD.jpg
386KB, 647x1098px
predictably, it was a load of bullshit
>>
They dropped it when they dropped the always online concept. Because that's basically what it is. It'd make your game impossible to play unless you were connected to an MS server.
>>
>>381014254
It died when autists bitched about always online until MS cancelled the feature. Devs cannot program to use cloud computing if the system isn't online
>>
>>381014543
Well, I mean, that's basically what drivatars are
>>
>>381014873
>It'd make your game impossible to play unless you were connected to an MS server.

So you mean like what we have now?
>>
>>381014381
It was bound to be buggy as fuck, admit it
>>
>>381014381
>Announced at E3 2014, Crackdown 3 was supposed to use cloud computing to produce extravagant environmental destruction in the game’s open world city. The trailer, along with future gameplay demos, showed characters knocking down office complexes and skyscrapers. But Microsoft tweaked expectations in 2015, clarifying that the massive destruction would be limited to multiplayer play, and that single-player play, developed by Sumo Digital, wouldn’t feature the benefits of cloud computing.
>>
>>381015276
Crackdown 3 use Microsoft Azure (the "cloud") in multiplayer. It was announced since 2015.
>>
>>381015394
They should have shown it at E3 if it still existed. Why they'd show some shitty single player demo made by sumo digital if this thing was still real is beyond me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.