[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain how "walking simulator" is an argument?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (102KB, 673x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 673x399px
Can anyone explain how "walking simulator" is an argument? How the hell else are you supposed to get around in games like Zelda and Fallout? Besides, in the former there already are alternatives to walking available for travel. Is walking around such a bad thing? I mean, do you want endless battles all the time? Go play CoD or Shadow of Mordor. It burns you out real quick unless you're 11, or at least that's how I feel.
A world isn't empty just because it isn't loaded with enemies and stuff to do. I haven't played Zelda yet, but I'm considering it and it looks like it has a pretty vast landscape with lots to do, am I wrong?

>WAAH it's repetitive
vs.
>WAAH it's boring

Why not try suggesting what they could do to fix those problems then instead of just complaining. You know, use your creativity? Remember what that was?
>>
>How the hell else are you supposed to get around in games like Zelda and Fallout?
running, duh
>>
>>381008749
>Is walking around such a bad thing?
Absolutely. BOTW would be pretty damn worthless without launching yourself and gliding.
>>
the biggest problem that has always been a problem with open worlds is that devs realistically cannot populate them with enough things to do
>>
>>381008968
They should add loading screens to specific areas, then. Would be worth it.
>>
File: 1487490439955.jpg (37KB, 178x205px) Image search: [Google]
1487490439955.jpg
37KB, 178x205px
open world
>it's a walking simulator
not open world
>it's a rail shooter

get your shit straight /v/
>>
>>381008749
That's not what a walking simulator is.

This term refers to games where you walk from place to place listening to the story. And that's all there is to the game.
>>
>>381009250
Stop designing straight corridors and I'll stop calling your garbage games rail shooters.
>>
>>381009325
Yeah. I would like more adaptable stories in nonlinear open world games. I think we are going to have to wait some time for that though.
>>
>>381008749
>Shadow of Mordor
>Bad
>>
>>381008749
Zelda has plenty to do, but climbing to reach points of interest gets tiresome. That said, the complaints about the combat are bullshit. It's the only time encounters in 3D Zelda have had any real tension, since you actually have to pay attention to your surroundings for a change. Sure, it's not deep by the standards of more action-oriented games, but for a game that takes place in a seamless open world, whose contemporaries are just strafing in and out of melee range in between filling your mana bar to spam your strongest spell? The combat is great.
>>
>>381010042
It's pretty boring. Use the same 10 or so snimations on orcs again and again gets incredibly dull, extremely fast, plus there's no story to prop up the gameplay.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.