[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any of your friends played Nier:Automata? It's story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: taro.jpg (159KB, 846x465px) Image search: [Google]
taro.jpg
159KB, 846x465px
Has any of your friends played Nier:Automata?

It's story time faggots because one of my friends just finished Automata today and it's both hilarious and depressing how he handled it.
All I can think of is that Yoko Taro is one magnificent bastard and I love him.

>friend starts playing Automata and is streaming it
>he starts the bullet hell section at ending E
>has trouble with it as everyone else
>after failing set amount of tries, you get help from other players
>he accepts them
>fucker is still taking hits
>close to 20 hits before he finished, apparently you can't run out of help from players it seems
>he sees ending E
>then comes the promt to send messages to other players
>he chooses "No"
>the fucker actually REFUSED to send any motivational message to other players
>I can't fucking believe this shit
>I was planning to give him a friendly lecture if he refused to sacrifice his save but this didn't even cross my mind
>I lose my shit and start sending him messages that what the fuck has he done
>he is confused and who wouldn't be? I can't really spoil him what he has missed
>friend silently plays the section again
>only taking 3 hits, not bad this time around
>sees the ending
>sends the message to other players
>then nothing
>he is again back at Title Screen
>I'm confused and so is he. What the fuck happened? He didn't even get the chance to sacrifice his save?
>At this point all I can think of is that the agame soft locks itself after your first time seeing the ending E
>he never even saw the promt to sacrifice your save, and he probably never will
>shits hilarious and my friend demands that I explain what he missed
>after a while I agree to tell him
>now he is angry at me and blaming me for ruining the game for him
Can anyone else confirm this? I mean I witnessed it with my own eyes but I still can't quite believe it as I haven't seen anyone else mention it before.

Taro, you might have ruined one of my friendships but I still love you.
>>
>>381004068
I reloaded the chapter to sacrifice my save after I got the platinum and it all went smoothly
>>
>>381004426
Any idea what happened then? Unless choosing "No" for the the question about sending messages actually is important.
>>
>>381004068
My friend said it was generic
>>
>>381004068
Ebin
>>
Why did you want him to sacrafice his save so badly and why was he angry he didn't get to? Because a different start screen is that important?
>>
>>381004598
Could be, I did leave a message on my first playthrough
>>
>>381005295
I didn't want him to sacrifice his save. I wanted him to see all of what Automata had to offer. It would have been his choice and I would have liked to talk about the choice with him. If he chose differently than me, great, we could have discussed why we did what we did. It has nothing to do with the start screen.

Now he missed something that made Automata great. And that's dissappointing.
>>
>>381004068
Turns out that Taro's fans are terrible human beings. What a twist.
>>
That's what he gets for being an individualistic dick.

I sent a message but didn't sacrifice my save. Still got the ending. All he had to do was return the favour with a message, not even sacrifice.
>>
>>381005719
Epic "hate everything because I'm originally from reddit but I think I'm really like actually totally a member of /v/" meme!
>>
>>381006029
>hating an asshole means you hate everything
>>
>>381004068
I talked them out of it
for most of them a single screenshot showing the shitty LOD worked
>>
I loved everything about Automata except for Ending E.
Fuck accepting help from others, and I didn't even consider deleting my save. I was more angry than impressed that there was no way to finish it on my own (ok technically there probably is, but fuck doing bullet hell for 40 minutes on Insance difficulty +).
>>
>>381006581
I didn't want to accept help from others but when I eventually gave up, i realised that getting help from others is kind of a thematic point being made.

The whole game is suffering and increasing loneliness with more and more lost friends and characters until you reach the ending and are struggling to beat it.
When you eventually give in, the help is from everyone and it isn't about making you weaker or reliant upon help but more about making you stronger.
>>
File: 1497729326001.png (448KB, 1426x1958px) Image search: [Google]
1497729326001.png
448KB, 1426x1958px
>>381006581
>>381007636
>>
File: 1496385577802.jpg (51KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
1496385577802.jpg
51KB, 640x336px
>tell my co-worker about Nier:A
>only knows it by 'that robot game that came out'
>he buys it and plays it
>loves it
>talking to me about best chip configs and the great boss battles
>eventually passes where I am in the game
>have to ask him to stop talking about it before he spoilers me
I think 2B is his waifu now
>>
>>381007636
>>381008118
>this is considered deep and groundbreaking by people with lower standards of education
>>
>>381008118
This doesn't move me at all. It strikes me more as stupid than anything else really.
It feels more like, "the ending is everybody dies, but if the audience doesn't want that, then everybody is free to rewrite it as they see fit in their head, it's just a story anyway who gives a shit".
I stand by my opinion.
>>
>>381008379
I liked it
>>
>>381008379
I didn't want to be this blunt, but I think you might be right.
>>
>>381008118
While i wouldn't go into it with that much depth, I do agree with it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.