[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2017/06/15 /new-bloodstained-gamepl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: bloodstained pays off.jpg (301KB, 941x966px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained pays off.jpg
301KB, 941x966px
http://ca.ign.com/videos/2017/06/15/new-bloodstained-gameplay-ign-live-e3-2017

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/bloodstained-hands-on-castlevania-konami-e3-2017-kickstarter

This have any chance of being good?
>>
>>381000598
The 2 demo's the games have tell me that it will at least be Metroidvania.
I'm not put off by the art direction so I probably won't be disappointed until the final release runs like hot garbage.
>>
Not a fan of the art direction in general, but if it plays like muh good old castlevanias I'll give it a try
>>
>>381001797
It won't play like your good old castlevanias but it will play like your symphony of the Nights and Aria of Sorrows.
>>
>>381002082
So my good old Castlevanias then yes.
>>
>>381000598
How much is this shit gonna cost to buy?

I'll probably at least pirate it and give it a fair try.
>>
>>381002304
i dont think they will go for the 60 tag so 40 for sure
>>
>>381002450
>>381002304

29 probably.
>>
File: raised_eyebrow.gif (921KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
raised_eyebrow.gif
921KB, 800x800px
>header says it paid off
>sub header asks if it paid off
>>
>>381003568

>State's author's opinion then asks readers for their opinion
>>
>>381005095
none of the reader's opinions are valid because they haven't played it
>>
File: 1285805772640s.jpg (4KB, 115x126px) Image search: [Google]
1285805772640s.jpg
4KB, 115x126px
>>381000598
A Producer stealing the credit of a classic IP creation?
Sounds familiar...
>>
>>381006180

Iga at least was a hands on producer, and writer for most of the games he was producer for. He was the one spear heading the projects and hiring the teams, though yeah, he didn't direct them.
>>
>>381006421
Take a look at the kickstarter.
Not only is the same staff of MN9 involved in everything, they're exploiting IGA's name and face at every chance.
Not to mention the first tease of this game was at a MN9 booth.
I'm not hoping for it to be shit, but I didn't back it either.
>>
>>381000598
So far it looks like it will play exactly like the DS Castlevanias. Exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>381007367
>Not only is the same staff of MN9 involved in everything,

Inti-Creates aren't bad, they were just used improperly. They're masters of low resolution handheld or mobile games. They have no idea how to use Unreal Engine, thus they were completely unsuited for both MN9 and Bloodstained. Iga has had to hire two new teams, monobit and Dico to work on the game in addition to Inti-Creates. I don't know if it's fair to really blame Inti-Creates or not. They're a decent producer, and MN9 is NOT the best that they can do.

>they're exploiting IGA's name and face at every chance.

A necessary evil to get the game done. They have "star capital", why not use it? No one else seems to want to make these kinds of games.

No, the "metroidvania" games on Steam don't count. They tend to be crude pixel art half-assed games, or more on the Metroid side than castlevania. I want to play as some cool person with an array of cool weapons travelling through some castle or spooky places, killing shit while catchy upbeat music plays. The GBA and NDS games were some of my favorite, and nothing else scratches that itch. The only thing remotely close is Pharaoh Rebith+ and the Touhou Vanias.
>>
>>381007932

I want more innovation or at least building on what sotN did, but the NDS games cut out.

Like in the gba-nds games, there are just one animation for attacks. In Symphony, there'd often be some variation. The Combat Knife and Basilard for instance, have different attack animations despite both being knives. And those, plus many others have input commands for different attack types. Those are all gone from the handhelds.
>>
>>381008225
Some weapons still had especial moves in DoS and PoR, they just used A or forward + forward + Y instead of a hadouken command.
>>
>>381000598
I'm so bored of this game already. Ugh
>>
Gameplay looks really solid, like SotN 2. Graphics and animations are weak but that's what happens when you port your fucking game to the Vita.
>>
>>381010418
>and animations are weak

It's literally NDS Castlevania animations in 3D. How is that bad?
>>
>No one will make a 2D metroidvania where you create a character, their starting equipment, and have full control of their stats.
>>
The art style is hit and miss....

But I think it's going to way better than MN9.

Also the E3 trailer is fucking garbage. The gameplay videos are more flattering
>>
>>381002304
30, probably 40 in physical, though backers had to pay 60 to get it.
>>
>>381007367
I think Ben Jewudd is responsible for all that name smearing shit.
>>
>>381010764
>Also the E3 trailer is fucking garbage.

At least it avoided any "Like an anime fan on prom night" disasters.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.