[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a game that can top this masterpiece? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 398
Thread images: 94

File: image.jpg (69KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 292x414px
Will there ever be a game that can top this masterpiece?

It's been 2 years and nobody has managed to so far

https://youtu.be/SNF4YdzS-bk
>>
like omg so good
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>380998926
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont
>>
>>380998926
DAE THE WITCHER 3 GREATEST GAME EVER SLAV MAGICIANS AT WORK????
>>
>>380999092
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.
>>
boring pretentious euro trash
>>
>>380999092
>>380999321
Maybe COD is more your speed?

I hear they're having a sale on Mountain Dew and Doritos, better hurry.
>>
>>380999532
>has nothing to say

BTFO
>>
>>380998996
>>380999092
>>380999249
>>380999321
>>380999382
>failed to name one (1) game that is better

Typical
>>
>>380999092
I had pretty good time with exploration. You can turn off the map markings and explore on your own
>>
NieR:Automata
>>
>>380999672
Morrowind
Gothic
Arx Fatalis
Dark Messiah

Those are the 3D ones, there's of course tons of the classic isometric ones there's so many of them I'm not going to list them all
>>
File: Preach regis.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Preach regis.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>380998926
cyberpunk will top it. as for now, nothing else has.
>>
File: image.png (26KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26KB, 300x250px
>>380999853
>weeaboo:the game

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>380999701
Game not made with that in mind. Not enough hints in dialogue, etc.
>>
>>380999923
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You could have just said you're a troll from the start

Either that or your taste is complete garbage
>>
>>380998926
protip:

the intro of this video applies to TW3 too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
>>380999853
This
>>
File: lel.jpg (13KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
13KB, 228x221px
>>380998926
>Witcher 3
>game
>>
>>381000156
Elaborate
>>
>>381000065
I wasn't talking about questing. just exploring on your own.
I only played up to the later parts of the velen quest line and I'm already fatigued due the time I put in simply going around finding bandits and monsters and shit
At this rate I'll probably stop playing before I finish the story, But I think I got my money's worth
>>
Fallout 4 already topped it back in 2015
>>
>>381000201
>I want to be as inconvienced as possible

But why? The point of a game is to have good gameplay and plot
>>
>>380999532
Is reddit down or something?
>>
>>381000595
This is not the place to ask, try isitdown.

Don't worry you'll be back on there soon enough
>>
>>381000523
>The point of a game is to have good gameplay and plot

Exactly, and gameplay in TW3 is non existent and the plot is medicore
>>
File: witcherhitboxes2.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
witcherhitboxes2.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>381000523
>Witcher 3
>Good gameplay
>>
ordered this used today, after having gotten into this genre lately. similar games i played are dragon age inquisition and arcania gothic 4. I've been hearing that this is better than those two and even though i like the two (still play da:i), i'm looking forward to seeing what the fuzz is about.
>>
File: reddeadredemption2.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
reddeadredemption2.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
When this comes out, I think it will surpass the Witcher 3.
>>
>>381000772
>play like a retard
>complain about the gameplay

Maybe the problem is you?
>>
>>381000718
This is pretty stupid, the plot is great and the gameplay holds its own.

What makes a good game in your opinion?
>>
File: 1467999946587.jpg (252KB, 1832x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1467999946587.jpg
252KB, 1832x1384px
>>380999092
>The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

This game did open world very well. I admittedly have no idea what you mean by ubisoft tier but the only game that did open world better was GTAV, the world in Witcher 3 serves its purpose just fine.

>...the loot system

Is perfectly fine. Please tell us how you found that witcher gear. Was it from Googling all diagram locations?

>...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland.

It's not exactly Dark Souls but it's not bad, some fights are difficult and a huge improvement over Bethesda's take on melee combat.

>The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves.

That's just a problem with modern games. You can't make a game anymore with quest markers off and no mini map. The game is however designed in a way where you can turn that off and still have fun.

>The main quest is basically super mario in poland

Witcher 3 is a narrative driven game. If you have no interest in that or are not paying attention then a lot of activities are going to seem arbitrary and boring to you.

>Skellige is wasted potential at best

opinion

>The story sets up its stakes way too high

opinion

>the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing..

Why?

>the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen

I wish he was more interesting than he was, but he also did not need much explanation or characterization. It was obvious what he was and what he wanted.

>HOS is the best content in the game

opinion

>B&W is fine

opinion

>Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay

opinion
>>
>>381000958
>console only

I doubt it
>>
>>381000848
>arcania gothic 4

WHY DID YOU PLAY THAT FUCKING GARBAGE

WHY
>>
>>381001394
Console only won't limit the game's potential.
>>
>>381001269
>What makes a good game in your opinion?

Challenge.

There is none in The Witcher 3

The quests solve themselves. You do nothing. The combat is easy as fuck. Light attack twice, backstep, Light attack twice, backstep, repeat

Quen is OP and so are all the other signs which you can easily abuse and make every fight impossible to lose

quest markers and witcher senses remove all the fun from quests
>>
>>381001504
That's completely wrong

That's exactly what consoles will do
>>
>>381001401

it wasn't bad for what it was

until i realized what a clunky mess it is
>>
>>381001557

What difficulty did you play on?
>>
>>381001601
In what way?
>>
>>381001650
>inb4 just the story
>>
>>381001652
Console hardware limitations
>>
>>381001808
Red Dead Redemption 1 wasn't hampered by hardware limitations. It was an absolute technical masterpiece, as was GTA 5 when it first came out. I don't see why RDR 2 would be any different.
>>
>>381001650
>>381001705
The difficulty doesn't matter you fucking retard

On Death March quests still solve themselves. You still do nothing. You follow red footprints, press X, and Geralt solves the quest for you

Same for combat. Higher difficulty = monsters have more HP and deal more damage, but nothing changes. Two light attacks, backstep, repeat.

Also Kek, you literally confirm the joke in that picture (on the right) >>380999092
>>
>tfw listened to /v/, thinking tw3 was shit and didn't pkay it until some months ago.
>turns out it's fucking great.

I just wish it were more difficult, played on deathmarch but didn't really feel like it was the hardest mode.
>>
>>381001557
Then don't use Quen if you want a challenge?

Death march is no dark souls but it's not a walk on the park either, it's pretty challenging, espessially blood and wine
>>
>>381001919
Are you trolling?

GTA 5 on consoles is complete shit compared to PC

I would know I have both
>>
>>381001992

>The difficulty doesn't matter you fucking retard

Yes it does..............?????????

>On Death March quests still solve themselves. You still do nothing. You follow red footprints, press X, and Geralt solves the quest for you

Some quests are basically fetch quests. Sure, but you're glazing for 90% of the rest of the content.

>Higher difficulty = monsters have more HP and deal more damage, but nothing changes.

How would you make the game more difficult? there is more demand for perfection on higher difficulties and a greater reward for preparing with potions and using the right signs. It's important to remember that simplicity=/=easy. Mario is basically run and jump even on insane mods, that does not make it easy.
>>
>>381001992
I hate people like this

I don't have 16 hours a day to search around looking for a small object that can be anywhere

If you won't want witcher senses then don't fucking use it.

Do you not want to solve quests or something? I'm no getting your point here
>>
>>381002303
I had it on my 360 back in the day and was surprised by how well it ran for such a technically ambitious game. You've got to keep in mind that the game was released in 2013 and was running on hardware from 05/06. I also have GTA 5 on PC. RDR 1 ran even better than GTA 5 on the 360. I personally never experienced any extremely noticeable frame drops on both my playthroughs of the game. It is also a treat to look at and has aged very well.
>>
File: IMG_0520.jpg (28KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.jpg
28KB, 306x423px
>>380999321
>I don't have an argument at this point
>Dude lmaoo meme
You're a fucking idiot. You're not totally wrong about the game, but you tried to attack every aspect of the game like a wannabe AVGN. The fact of the matter is this game does some things poorly, and others well. But you wouldn't know because you're a stupid contrarian.
>>
>>381000201
funny because all the good points he makes about gothic 2 could be applied to tw3.

Probably the reason I liked both.
>>
>>381002353
>How would you make the game more difficult?
By having a combat that isn't completely barebones and bland. It doesn't matter if the enemies have 10000000 hp and can one shot you, the combat is still trash because it requires doing the same repetitive thing over and over.

>It's important to remember that simplicity=/=easy. Mario is basically run and jump even on insane
Mario requires precision and timing, TW3 requires just spamming one button over and over and hitting the "press X to dodge all attacks" button once in a while. Geralt even automatically locks on and lunges onto an enemy. You don't even have to be positioned in a way that you can hit the enemy with your sword. You just click a button and Geralt does everything
>>
File: 1379442615831.png (186KB, 361x301px) Image search: [Google]
1379442615831.png
186KB, 361x301px
>>380998926
>masterpiece
>>
It's sooooooooooooo boring
>>
File: shadowbeast.webm (3MB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
shadowbeast.webm
3MB, 1200x674px
>>380998926
How does a game from 2002 that's not about hunting monsters have better monster hunting than a game from 2015 that's all about hunting monsters?
>>
File: shadowbeast2.webm (3MB, 1150x646px) Image search: [Google]
shadowbeast2.webm
3MB, 1150x646px
>>381003123
>>
>>381002951
>By having a combat that isn't completely barebones and bland.

Sounds like an opinion. But I am genuinely trying to entertain this concept of difficulty. More punishing forces you to play the game better and make fewer mistakes which makes the overall simplicity of the combat more engaging. I don't understand what you want out of higher difficulties than that?

Do you have a reasonable alternative?

>TW3 requires just spamming one button over and over and hitting the "press X to dodge all attacks" button once in a while.

You have to do this precisely just like on Mario on higher difficulties.

It's important to remember that this is also a role playing game and character progression is as much part of the fun as the narrative. The game is supposed to get easier as you become more powerful. End-game content like HOS and B&W present some good challenges for a developed Geralt.
>>
>>380998926
It ca0'nt be topped since it was never on the top
Skyrim is unironically better than the Witcher 3
Atleast you aren't forced to play as s a metrosexual Polak, doing detective work in the form of touching you medallion more than your dick
>>
>>381003123
I don't get what's supposed to be impressive about those webms. Though at this point posting them is probably just a meme so maybe there's nothing to actually get.
>>
>>380999532
>Gets completely BTFO immediately
>g-go back to cod!

lol, enjoy your casual cutscene simulator.
>>
>>380998926
Skyrim has trash garbage but at least you have some control over it
In W3 you just hold the left mouse button, eventually dodge roll like an autist casting one of 3 useful spells
>>
>>381003886

>Skyrim combat is better than TW3

What mental framework even allows this conclusion?
>>
>>381004002
In Skyrim you can disarm your enemies and stun them by shield bashing
Sprinting, running, direct and sideway heavy attacks deal different amounts of damage
More gear and spell freedom
Enchantments and poisons are more dinamic that "deals 5% more damage to nekkers"
You aren't auto locked to your enemies
>>
>>380998926
>>380999092

People shit too much on the gameplay but never feel the need to mention an action-RPG on the caliber of W3 had to offer.
There are none. Not any Elder scrolls, Gothic or anything. Maybe Mount and Blade has some depth that Witcher doesn't have but it's more a multiplayer experience.

I played on Death March and was forced to use everything the Witcher could do for the majority of the game and the first DLC. Only in "Blood and Wine" you can break the system and mess around with builds.and fun broken abilities. Otherwise you have to be on your toes and manage to crowd control and use oils, bombs and potions to get away in most fights to be effective.
You can also parry, counter-attack, dodge, roll...

Being a contrarian for the sake of being one requires talent and arguments to throw in. Give examples of what a good battle system is then ? Dragon's Dogma ? Please.
>>
>>381004329
Shame that every sword feels like a cardboard sword, no sense of impact and every enemy is a sword sponge.
>>
File: 1497387895087.png (676KB, 851x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497387895087.png
676KB, 851x720px
>>381004413
>mention an action-RPG on the caliber of W3 had to offer.
Any Souls game.
>>
>>381004329
>In Skyrim you can disarm your enemies and stun them by shield bashing

Try Axii sign, Geralt can also block and parry with his sword.

>Sprinting, running, direct and sideway heavy attacks deal different amounts of damage

Geralt has different types of moves that accomplish the same thing, however it's more complicated than mashing attack, dodging and avoiding attacks is more important than in Skyrim where mashing r1 reigns supreme. If you try to mash attack in TW3 you will not get far.

>More gear and spell freedom

Skyrim is definitely better for dress-up roleplaying.

>Enchantments and poisons are more dinamic that "deals 5% more damage to nekkers"

Geralt's magic is more dynamic than most of Skyrim, this includes shouts which devolve into dealing damage, summoning a silly AI companion or having fun with the physics engine. I'm just going to vehemently disagree with you here. Saying Skyrim is dynamic sounds ridiculous to me. I put a lot of time into Skyrim and now feel like I missed something huge.

>You aren't auto locked to your enemies

No need when combat in Skyrim is directional based only. Your character doesn't do any complex movement.
>>
>>380999923
Ahh yes, the quintessential "do i fit in yet?" list of games.
>>
>>381003668
>cities with ten buildings and ten civilians
>five voice actors
>zero story, characterization, or immersion
>characters feel like automatons rather than living breathing people with their own lives resulting in a world that revolves around the MC
>magic is just "two handed destruction+healing = unstoppable godhood"
>becoming a guild leader is so easy that it never even feels like an accomplishment
>by far the worst quests I've ever seen via the radiant quest systems infinite quest generator
>zero player driven consequence or effect upon the world; can't even take out the Dark Brotherhood without being evil or the Thieves Guild at all. I can try to play as a golden hearted paladin but will still be forced to commit acts of unspeakable evil if I want to complete daedric quests.
>most quests can only be completed in one often character breaking way
>ugly, invariable frozen wasteland of a world
>every (draugr) dungeon is the same

Witcher with its five signs did magic better than Skyrim and Geralt isn't even supposed to be a mage. And then Witcher even did vikings better than Skyrim with Skellige.
>>
>>380999923
>>380999923
Any games made this decade, fuckface? Can't keep replaying 15 year old games.
>>
>>381004691
Compared to the other elder scrolls games Skyrim has by far the best combat
The sound design is its weakest point, followed up with the AI charging you without any protection.
>>381004912
Pressing X for a light and Y for a heavy attack doesn't count as complex lad
>>
>>381004771
that's just an action game.
>>
File: 1497769144365.jpg (46KB, 640x278px) Image search: [Google]
1497769144365.jpg
46KB, 640x278px
>>381005278
Breath of the Wild
Bloodborne
Persona 5
>>
>>381005510
Jesus Christ kid

Are you 15 or something?
>>
>>381005331

>Pressing X for a light and Y for a heavy attack doesn't count as complex lad

That isn't what I meant by complex movement. Observe TW3's animations and combos like Whirlwind then observer Skyrim gameplay to get a better understanding of complex movement.
>>
>>381005510
Hahaha, no.
>>
>>381005510
You need to be 18 or older to post in here.
>>
>>381005634
>>381005727
>>381005782
he's right, though

name other games instead of just baiting
>>
File: 1581581.jpg (64KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1581581.jpg
64KB, 535x462px
>>380998926
>>380999092
>>380999321

Ask me how I know this is the same person.
>>
>>381005510
Persona 5 maybe, other two are heavily overrated. Still i wouldn't say that it made this decade.

People will shit on Witcher 3 but the truth is that it heavily influenced gaming industry and we will see more games that are inspired by it.
>>
>>381005510

>Bloodborne

Ah the series of artificial difficulty where enemies are hard because they do mega damage and have a ton of hp?

I beat it spamming dodge and attack the entire game.
>>
>>381005879
What do you mean name other games, you folks are supposed to provide these supposedly better RPGs than W3.
>>
Babby's first interactive novel. It doesn't even beat the greatest RPG of all time, Gothic 2.
>>
>people still claim TW3 is better than Bloodborne
It's a good game but the salt is real
>>
>>380998926
>Will there ever be a game that can top this masterpiece?
Skyrim. I'm not even memeing, it just wasn't that good.
>>
File: 1491016374989.png (35KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
1491016374989.png
35KB, 268x237px
>>381005951
http://gamingbolt.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-has-raised-the-bar-for-world-building-says-the-witcher-3-developer

Witcher 3 devs disagree with you.
>>
>>381005978
>I beat it
That's funny because you sound like you've never played it at all
>>
>>381006175

Why is Bloodborne better than TW3?
>>
File: goty 2015.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
goty 2015.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>381005668
>Observe TW3's animations and combos
>>
>>380998926
CDPR pay for reviews so knights like op can exist.
>>
>>381006287
One developer =/= devs
>>
>>381006321

Am I over-simplifying like people who are hating on TW3 combat?
>>
>>380998926
>no Iorveth
>no Saskia

It was shit.
>>
>>381006338
Seems pointless to compare the two honestly, TW3 is obviously more narrative based with a larger more fleshed out world whereas bloodborne is about atmosphere and combat, I personally prefer the world/atmosphere of BB and am not always a huge fan of open world, the only fair thing to say is that bloodbornes combat is far more engaging and enjoyable than the witcher's, but combat is a larger chunk of what the game is in Bloodborne
>>
>>381000065
I played the entire game with quest markers and the minimap off, it is 100% doable. Not only are there signs and roads leading you everywhere, but the characters do give you actual directions if you simply ask.

I say this, but I also agree with most of the gameplay criticisms of the first two posts. Witcher's saving grace is its story, characters, and sense of detail in its world. The gameplay is solid, but also bland as described. But you know what? That solid but bland gameplay still has more to it than 90% of other open world fantasy RPGs- I can only think of Dragon's Dogma being one that clearly beats it, Breath of the Wild too I guess, but only if you are really stretching your definition of an RPG.

Also, every thing you can examine in the game is clearly visible without witcher senses, I wish the harder difficulties turned off the glowing trails and other witcher sensing shit and let you use what was already in the game to track and hunt things for real, that would have been great.
>>
File: Ludwig.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>381006338
Kino.
>>
>>381006587
No you're misusing stale memes, 'artificial difficulty' in Froms games aren't about health sponge enemies and getting one shot
>>
>>381006416

Abusing a stun glitch. Cherrypicking at its finest.

Here is the complex movement I was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5rN6CZww9E
>>
>>381007481
>Cherrypicking at its finest.
>it's ok when witcher fans do it
>>
>>381006287
>wow one part of an overall quite overrated and repetitive game is good and inspired other devs
Truly a decade-defining title.
>>
>>381006743

Evidence?

I played every game in the series since Demon's starting the Christmas it was released back in 2009. What extremely engaging mechanic did I miss? Is it in Dark Souls II?
>>
>>381006624
>atmosphere

Soulsfags like to discount the importance of writing but it's necessary to even talk about atmosphere. When lore, music, level design, and character interaction coalesce you end up with a legitimately dark, atmospheric game like Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines or Majora's Mask. So although I theoretically like dark stuff, such as Berserk which supposedly inspired it, I've never been able to care about Dark Souls because it's not dark in anyway that matters.
>>
>>380998926
Cant finish the slog that is the Witcher 2. My autism compels me to use the same save file across all 3 games. Oddly enough I liked the first game, had an odd rural empty feel thats hard to find in modern games.
Id like to play 3, but ill feel like im missing out too much
>>
>>381006624
>the only fair thing to say is that bloodbornes combat is far more engaging and enjoyable than the witcher's

I'd say Dark Souls combat has more combat animations and moves that accomplish different goals. How engaging it is devolves into personal opinion and I have the capacity to enjoy both equally for different reasons. Narrative is also very important, some people do not like it but for others it elevates the entire experience.
>>
>>381007839
What path are you doing in TW2?
>>
>>381007839
If you think W2 is a slog, you won't enjoy W3 at all.
>>
>>381008063
Kind of hard to remember honestly, I think I decided to side with vernon just because hes a cool guy
>>
File: 1475563734455.jpg (215KB, 1182x966px) Image search: [Google]
1475563734455.jpg
215KB, 1182x966px
>>380999092
>you actually typed all this
>>
File: 1493926847882.png (110KB, 286x217px) Image search: [Google]
1493926847882.png
110KB, 286x217px
>>380999092
>super mario in poland
>>
>>381008218
No wonder you were bored, Roche's path fucking sucks. Iorveth's is far more interesting, though it comes with the downside that they completely ignore everything that happens in it during the third game.
>>
>>381005918
How do you know this is the same person?
>>
games that are similar in genre and objectively better than WItcher 3

>BoTW
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Bloodborne
>MGSV, if it were finished
>>
File: 1496987499430.jpg (221KB, 1108x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1496987499430.jpg
221KB, 1108x1478px
>>381005510
>recommending console exclusives in a thread about bashing every Poles favourite game

I love you
>>
File: pinned.jpg (25KB, 338x358px) Image search: [Google]
pinned.jpg
25KB, 338x358px
>>381008892
You seem to be forgetting something important.
>>
>>381009158

my bad, witcher 2
>>
>>381008892
>BoTW

Played it for an hour, got bored and haven't picked it back up in over a month. I understand a lot of people enjoy this game but It's not for me.

>Horizon: Zero Dawn

Maybe, haven't tried.

>Bloodborne

Depends, Bloodborne is not a bad game but not everyone will enjoy it. It's possible to enjoy TW3 more than Bloodborne. I like them both.

>MGSV

Probably one of the most disappointing games I ever played.
>>
File: 1443200090766.jpg (77KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1443200090766.jpg
77KB, 768x1024px
>>380999092
>>380999321
How will slavaboos ever recover
>>
File: notTodd.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
notTodd.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>381009158
Yes, I too was thinking that Fallout 4 and Skyrim were missing.
>>
>>381001334
The world is shit and you can't even interact with it, it has one of the worst open worlds in gaming. I'm not even gonna bother to read the rest of your post if this is how it starts.
>>
>>381009312

looks like you got me faggot

or, your favorite game is TW3 and you're mistaking your shit opinions with facts
>>
>>381009572

Define interacting with the world and then give an example of a game that did it better in the last 5 years.
>>
File: BotW5.webm (2MB, 672x508px) Image search: [Google]
BotW5.webm
2MB, 672x508px
>>381009760
>>
>>381009656

I'm not claiming it's a perfect game, but it's definitely a lot better than a contrarian 2000's kid on 4chan would like everyone to believe.

I honestly don't think I have a favorite game. What's yours?
>>
>>381008115
wrong

witcher 2 is pure slog shit, coming from someone with 150 hours on the original witcher and 400 on 3.
>>
>>381009881

Yea maybe, I found it pretty boring. I would say Zelda is too different for a 1:1 comparison though. The only similarity between them is open world.
>>
File: 1472852316025.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472852316025.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>381001334
I love the Witcher 3, but
>Open World Design
Morrowind and Breath of the Wild did it much better.

>Witcher gear
Is precisely the problem. Pretty much everything is worthless once you get Witcher gear.

>combat
I actually like it. Definitely the best in an open world RPG this side of Dragon's Dogma. It sucks on a controller compared to kb+m though, I think that's why a lot of people don't.

>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
That's not really an argument, anon. Everything you've said is an opinion, too. I would agree Skellige was a bit weak compared to Velen, and HOS is probably the best content in the game.

>bland villain
I think having played The Witcher 1 helps on that front, though he's still not great.
>>
>>381010117
NOT TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE
>>
Man I really want to like this game. I find the story pretty amazing, I love the darker/grotesque fantasy elements...But the gameplay is just so fucking BORING. Also I feel like it gets worse as it goes along, seems like they put most work into the prologue and Velen and gradually put in less and less. Novigrad was terribly boring and Skellige was beautiful but not that compelling
>>
>>381009969

homeworld
>>
I only like Witcher 3 because of Hearts of Stone. It is prime Witcher content.
>>
File: 1FH6t.png (55KB, 500x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1FH6t.png
55KB, 500x1397px
>>381009969
Not him but my favorite game is Metroid Prime.
>>
>>381009881
holy shit i a dumb, electric arrows turn on electricity,

Also, this faggot has a gerudo dress on.
>>
>>381010247
The best thing you can do is put the game on the easiest mode to get out of the shitty combat as fast as possible.
>>
File: botw-electricity.png (777KB, 900x499px) Image search: [Google]
botw-electricity.png
777KB, 900x499px
>>381010423
You can also use metal swords to connect the current instead of using the two balls in the Divine Beast.
>>
>>381010117
>Breath of the Wild
I get morrowind but BotW? Really? The only really good design decision for that games open world were the map size, thats kind of about it, everything else about the open world undermined either the plot or some gameplay mechanic.
It's bethesedas issue all over again, it's an open world that exists as a sandbox, nothing you do anywhere effects anything else (with the only real exception being boss phases, and those don't effect the world or the people in it either, just how hard the final boss is) just with a different art style
>>
>>381010117
>Morrowind and Breath of the Wild did it much better.

Morrowind was developed in a different environment. The only way to be fair is to compare TW3 to games released within the last 5 years. The obvious answer people seem to gravitate towards is BOTW but that game is for a completely different audience and has different ways of entertaining its audience. I did not like BOTW, i found the combat very dull and I think maybe I'm just jaded because the I feel like parts of the game I've played hundreds of times before and that they were ripped from other games that did those individual parts better.

>Is precisely the problem. Pretty much everything is worthless once you get Witcher gear.

They are hard to come by. Coming by Witcher gear without Google is not easy because you have to explore. Using Google to find the best gear is probably why most people feel this way.

>That's not really an argument, anon. Everything you've said is an opinion, too. I would agree Skellige was a bit weak compared to Velen, and HOS is probably the best content in the game.

Well this confuses me. The point of saying opinion is to highlight that it is an opinion, that is not me giving a personal opinion that his argument is an opinion. Saying something is an opinion is also not an argument and just a statement of fact.

The only thing I said that might be taken as opinion is the open world design and function in which case I just redact and replace what i said with opinion like the rest of the above.
>>
>>381010262
>homeworld

Not a fan of RTS games. I only really enjoyed XCOM2.

I wish I could label a game my favorite but I just can't. I just like certain games for different reasons.
>>
>>380998926
wow a whole two years?
>>
File: ds36f.jpg (14KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
ds36f.jpg
14KB, 327x327px
>>381009881
BOTW ruined Witcher 3 for me. I finished BOTW, and went back to Witcher 3 after. Play about 20 hrs already. and I liked it before BOTW.

But came back, and it just felt shit. Kept colliding into walls expecting to climb, weather animations good, kept expecting to be striked but nothing happened, couldn't solve problems with random physics shit.

Seriously BOTW has set a fuckin standard. No more skyrim clones, the focus on hyperinteractivity in open worlds has changed forever. I can't recover from playing this game.
>>
>>381010535
naa i knew that. metal conducts electricty
>>
>>380999321
My only gripe was post end world emptiness
>>
>>381011194
This is why Breath of the Wild is not only a 10/10 game, but will be game of the decade. It has set a new standard for open world, it literally has promised us better games for the future.
>>
>>380998926
disregard shitters OP, you are absolutely right

playing games after playing witcher 3 isn't fun anymore
>>
>>381011647
>>381011194

I really wish I could enjoy BOTW like other people can. I love open world immersion. I don't even have a legitimate reason for not liking it. Something about it just bores the hell out of me. Maybe I'm an old piece of shit.
>>
File: 1497648409582.jpg (43KB, 593x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497648409582.jpg
43KB, 593x720px
>>381011903
>Something about it just bores the hell out of me.
Being able to interact with everything in a meaningful and logical way that is totally consistent throughout the entire game is boring?
>>
>>381012150

No, I think it's overhyped. Something about BOTW feels extremely vacant and I am not motivated to play it longer than 5 minutes. I also don't personally find the combat interesting either.

I don't know, that's how I feel playing the game. I don't have real criticism it just bores me.
>>
File: Lightning-vs-Stalnox.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning-vs-Stalnox.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>381012340
>I also don't personally find the combat interesting either.
What's uninteresting about this?
>>
>>381012340
It DEFINITELY was overhyped for you, and you are also depressed.

Just explore dude, climb that high ass mountain, put the shiekah sensor on for shrines, build Tarrey town and get that hot gerudo married to that nice guy. Fight a fuckin lynel, surf shit, and do hyrule castle again.

If you want more story, kakariko village has a lot of story in it, also, DLC's 2 about this time, and november.
>>
>>381012541

It's not unique. Perhaps a bit too easy.
>>
>>381012675

I'll try it again. I think it's just that I'm older now and I don't have the time to really invest and immerse in a video game without care like I did back in the ps2/N64 days. I feel like BOTW takes a lot of time to really leave an impression on you while a game like TW3 will pull you in using rails.
>>
>>381011194
It's not a bad game but not game breaking either

It lacks in a lot of areas
>>
Hearts of stone was the only great thing out of witcher 3.
>>
>>381013126
name areas?

story is largely considered dissapointing already, so besides story, what areas does it lack in.
>>
>>381012707
>It's not unique.
Name another game where you lightning is attracted to the player because of the metal on them and they can use that to their advantage by timing throwing a boomerang to get struck by lightning and do damage to an enemy.
>>
>>381000040
It's not even a JRPG faggotron.

It's a fucking Pollack Squatting Cheeki Breeki Slav-trash Simulator
>>
File: 1491853465695.png (541KB, 639x557px) Image search: [Google]
1491853465695.png
541KB, 639x557px
>>381009158
You're right, how could we forget New Vegas?
>>
File: 1497401554874.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1497401554874.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>381013804
>New Vegas
>Bethesda
>>
File: 1491988226767.png (184KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491988226767.png
184KB, 800x1000px
>>381013960
that's the joke
>>
File: phantom-todd.jpg (666KB, 2696x4044px) Image search: [Google]
phantom-todd.jpg
666KB, 2696x4044px
>>381014037
Not a very funny one, besides Fallout 3 and 4 are better and you should be playing them.
>>
>>381014129
Sure Todd, I'm going to pirate them later.
>>
>>381011194
>>381011647

Do you still need to do a bunch of weird shit to emulate this game? Saw people comenting about it some while ago and it seemed like a massive fucking struggle. I only have a pc and would like to play it.
>>
File: 1476288482608.jpg (351KB, 1180x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1476288482608.jpg
351KB, 1180x1720px
>>380998926
>>
>>380998926
MGSV
>>
File: 1459238317555.jpg (370KB, 873x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459238317555.jpg
370KB, 873x700px
>>381009348
try again todd
>>
>>381013602

I mean it's interesting but as a science student it probably triggers some of my OCD. Lightning isn't going to want to hit you just because you have a sword on you. Lightning isn't a predictable enough resource to use as a weapon either. I know "omg it's a video game get over it" I understand it's a video game not trying to be realistic but those mechanics are not intuitive and seem more kiddie to me than interesting.
>>
File: 1497800496122.jpg (100KB, 1104x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1497800496122.jpg
100KB, 1104x1081px
>>381012913
nice blogpost, faggot.
>>
File: 1497792845293.png (562KB, 803x593px) Image search: [Google]
1497792845293.png
562KB, 803x593px
>>381014528
you are such a faggot holy shit XD
>>
File: 1487100915159.png (4MB, 1240x4772px) Image search: [Google]
1487100915159.png
4MB, 1240x4772px
>>380998926

Yeah right. There's a reason this overmarketed game is a reddit's favorite, the same place that puts skyrim, uncharted, fallout, bioshock infinite and other generic garbage on a pedestal: it panders to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>381014687

>all modern games suck.

I wont entirely disagree with you. But you forget how bad a lot of old games could be also.
>>
>>381005510
>Bloodborne
Kek
>Persona 5
Double kek
>Breath of the Wild
Okay, one point for you
>>
File: 1496688925676.jpg (126KB, 791x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1496688925676.jpg
126KB, 791x1027px
>>381014976
What's wrong with Bloodborne and Persona 5?
>>
>>381014967

Except that I haven't implied that at all. Not all modern games suck, but all modern games who go for this cheap shit strategy of setting the bar as low as it gets to score sales do. These "cinematic" games have stories that are only considered good when compared to the stories of other games for the most part and they don't challenge you or have any meaningful interaction whatsoever.
>>
>>381014687
exactly the reason i got bored of witcher 3 is that image.

quests were like an insult.
>>
>>381015189

>These "cinematic" games have stories that are only considered good when compared to the stories of other games

Video games tell a story differently than a movie or novel can. I enjoy movies and novels quite a bit but a video game can hit home runs in ways those other two media cannot. I guess I will just disagree on what meaningful interaction and challenging is. RPG's are not challenging by design, hybrid games like TW3 are engaging and then games on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum are games like GTA where story is meaningless and it's all about having fun with physics.
>>
>>381015524
>Video games tell a story differently than a movie or novel can

Not when they railroad you into a seth path, which is a thing ALL of these games do, including witcher 3. Regardless of your choices, everything will play out just the same except for some meaningless literal slideshow at the very end. The journey, aka the actual game and adventure themselves, are completely static. That sounds like a movie/book to me.
>>
File: 69634638.jpg (97KB, 1000x381px) Image search: [Google]
69634638.jpg
97KB, 1000x381px
>>381015524
>He plays video games for plot
>>
>>381015809

>Not when they railroad you into a seth path, which is a thing ALL of these games do

Witcher 3 has a very motivating story but the line between side quest and main quest are extremely blurry and you can explore and take on different routes as you progress. Games give you the power of choice and exploration. Regardless of how you feel TW3 is still a video game and tells a narrative in such a way that the other two media cannot. The game has at least three different endings, and numerous endings for individual quests. DLCs also have minimum two different endings and these are all fleshed out animated and voice acted endings.

This is not static story telling, this is dynamic.
>>
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
>>381016062
>He can't appreciate a well written and crafted narrative in a video game
>>
File: i sleep.jpg (37KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
i sleep.jpg
37KB, 600x537px
>witcher 3
babby's first rpg.
This faggot ass game aint worth my time.
>>
File: ;D.jpg (24KB, 316x301px) Image search: [Google]
;D.jpg
24KB, 316x301px
>>381016226
oh great it's Novel: The Game
>>
>>381016265
>Can't name a better RPG
Pottery.
>>
>>381016176
BOTW did it better
>>
>>381015173
>1750636-th Demon Soul clone
>SJW anime shit
>>
File: 1357450134959.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357450134959.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
Honestly the only good replies are Gothic II and BOTW, which is kinda sad considering that's only 2 other games in 15 years.
>>
File: ab5.jpg (29KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
ab5.jpg
29KB, 620x670px
>Ass Creed open world with Batman visions and janky combat
This is what western plebs consider a masterpiece.
>>
>>380999923
>>380999672
Skyrim VR
>>
>>381016476
Forgot to mention. BotW is god tier, tho.
>>
>Witcherfags think their game is better than Bloodborne
Fuck me /v/ is dead
>>
File: 239.jpg (41KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
41KB, 500x494px
>>381016787
>sonyfags think Bloodborne is better than anything

ironic.
>>
>>381016474

BOTW is a game that forces you to fill in story on your own. I don't think its comparable to the Witcher. The audience for the two different games are too different.
>>
>>381016889
And that's why they did it better. The more static a story is in a video game the worse it is
>>
File: 1494818074012.jpg (441KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1494818074012.jpg
441KB, 595x842px
>>381016889
>The audience for the two different games are too different.
But I played and enjoyed both.
>>
>>381016787
>Bloodborne being better than anything
Wow, sonegroes sure are retarded.
>>
File: easy mode.png (215KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
easy mode.png
215KB, 600x455px
>>381016446
Nah I don't need to tell you. I played games that were better than witcher 3. Faggots like you took a dip in the rpg ocean and then came out looking exhausted and pretending to have mastered the genre. witcher 3 is casual tier.
>>
>>381017003

You might feel that way, but many do not. I can see merits for both. I don't think BOTW is strictly better.
>>
>>380998926
If not for witcher senses and bad combat, it would be a true masterpiece.
>>
>>381017073
right, the audience that came for a capeshit movie.
>>
>>381017060

Name a non-casual RPG?

EvE online?

Dwarf Fortress?

Or will you meme and tell us Gothic II?
>>
>>380998926
Cyberpunk maybe?
>>
I love video games!
>>
>>381017513
Kill yourself faggot
>>
File: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (36KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg
36KB, 256x315px
>>381005278
Witcher 3 isn't even the best RPG of this decade.
>>
What's the most fun build?
I reinstalled last week and want to actually beat it this time maybe.
>>
>>381017279
SMT: Nocturne
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
System Shock 2

All these are god tier rpg. Whether it be the gameplay or the story. Anyways I'm too tired to mention more. Gotta sleep.
>>
>>381017796

Definitely anything that emphasizes the use of signs and potions on higher difficulties. Avoid strict melee builds and adrenaline builds.
>>
>>381017796
don't fall for the memes and do an alchemy build it's boring and OP

swords + signs hybrid is ideal
>>
>>381018086
>don't fall for the memes
He's playing Witcher 3, he already did.
>>
File: 1497797939095.jpg (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497797939095.jpg
184KB, 600x600px
>>381018339
it's still the best RPG of the decade no matter how hard you gothicfags cry about it
>>
>>381017942

>SMT: Nocturne

Only japanese RPG I ever played. I picked it up because I thought Dante being in it was interesting. I enjoyed it and got the true demon ending. People say this game was hard but it was not, it forced you to abuse enemy weaknesses to win and had a huge grind at the end. It, like any turn based rpg, took no skill.

>Chrono Trigger

didn't play.

>Final Fantasy 6

Final Fantasy is a joke. Coming from someone who invested more time than I'm willing to admit into FFXI. Just trust me on this one.

>System Shock 2

didn't play.

All of these games are gameplay simulators with heavy emphasis on story. Anyone who says a turn-based RPG is a good game is cancerous. There is a reason those are not made anymore and the direction has moved to aRPG and real time elements.
>>
>>380998926
Gothic 2 already topped it over a decade ago.
>>
>>381018472
>New Vegas
>Bloodborne
>Breath of the Wild
>Persona 5
Witcher 3 is not the best open world, ARPG or RPG when those games exist.
>>
Nothing topped Skyrim since 2011
>>
>tfw after 2 years witcherfags still can't defend their game when it gets torn to shreds in these threads
>>
>>381000036
I have no doubt they'll pour their heart and soul into it, but I'm not confident it's going to be a better experience. Not saying it won't be good, but it comes down to preference in setting and it's hard to top a story being wrapped up nicely.
>>
>>381018805

I don't think you have to defend something that defends itself.
>>
File: witcher-combat-1.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-combat-1.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381018912
>defends itself
>>
>>381018472
Thats Skyrim buddy

>play shitter 3
>well known beastslaying superman witcher and shit
>cant even kill a townguard

Yeah fuck that shit
>>
>>381018472
>best RPG of the decade isn't even an RPG
Sorry but New Vegas is currently the best RPG of the 10s
>>
>>381018789
>Bloodborne
Complete trash, soul games are overrated as fuck and simply over use the "hard combat" meme to justify shitty mechanics.
>Persona 5
Complete weeb trash, even a fucking visual novel has better gameplay.
>>
>>381018987

>abusing stun glitch.

Oh look cherrypicking...again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5rN6CZww9E

This is how TW3 combat looks if you're not cherrypicking.
>>
File: 1495204482649.jpg (155KB, 328x475px) Image search: [Google]
1495204482649.jpg
155KB, 328x475px
>>381018789
i just love it when idiots say witcher 3 isn't an RPG and then call BLOODBORNE an rpg. or say that witcher 3's combat sucks and bring up F:NV

> japanese shit

top kek
>>
>>381018987
>Shows bug
ALL THE WITCHER COMBAT IS LIKE THAT LOL.
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1494084010639.png (410KB, 733x510px) Image search: [Google]
1494084010639.png
410KB, 733x510px
>>381018995
>Skyrim
>>
File: witcher-combat-2.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-combat-2.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>381019156
>Witcher 3 had good comba-
>>
>>381019048
Shit vegas is not even top 10 nigger
>>
>>381019276
Ok then, wich game has better combat?
>>
File: todd18.png (931KB, 1068x1080px) Image search: [Google]
todd18.png
931KB, 1068x1080px
>>381019336
nobody cares what you think Todd
>>
>>381019276

>abusing AI glitch.
>abusing glitches to show a game is bad.

Check out how shitty bloodborne is senpai all i gotta do is mash attack button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjxAQfyjCZQ
>>
>>381019269
More people play it despite being much older than shitter 3, modder/playerbase is still highest amongst rpgs because Skyrim is the best rpg ever made
>>
>>381019479
Many more millions of players care about it more than they care about fag vegas
>>
File: NinjaGaidenBlack.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
NinjaGaidenBlack.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>381019457
>>
>>381019535
Trash tier bait, no one with a brain would say skyrim is the best rpg ever.
>>
File: 9b0.png (374KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
9b0.png
374KB, 600x669px
>>381019535
>Skyrim is the best rpg ever made
>>
>>381019535

Skyrim is a denser world with more to do and emphasizes exploration and personal story telling. It also has some of the worst combat in any game ever made and requires a lot of forgiving to get over its visual bugs and glitches to enjoy.
>>
>>381019759

>comparing an action beat-em-up style game to a narrative driven RPG.

How old are you?
>>
>>381019636
>masses can't have shit taste
CoD is the best game ever amirite
>>
>>381019939
>Asks for a game with better combat
>'T-t-that doesn't count!'
Pottery.
>>
>>381019809
Yes

>>381019842
Mods

>>381019947
>if something is popular then it means its bad
Faggot hipster
>>
>>381019636

>something is more popular so it's better.

I feel sorry for you. Being that ignorant or stupid is going to make life challenging and you will probably never completely understand why.
>>
>>381020161
>look im a contratard hipster im so special ,IM SPECIAL
Pathetic
>>
>>381020117
>>if something is popular then it means its bad
No it's called bandwaggoning and when you have huge marketing for your game along with a massive new playerbase that never played RPGs before you get Skyrim
>>
>>381020051

I asked how old you were. A story driven RPG isn't only there to service combat. I wouldn't compare Tekken to Mario either because I'm not a child and I graduated H.S. where I was taught elementary rhetoric.
>>
>>381020117
>>381019636
You want to know how I know that you're negro?
>>
>>381020340
If that would be the case it wouldnt be the most played RPG 6 years after its release :))))))))))))

Its pathetic that you fags keep making shit up and cant accept that people love Skyrim
>>
>>381020285

Anon, I think you really don't understand what's happening. Something popular can be good. The problem is basing how good something is based on how popular it is, that makes you something far worse than a hipster.
>>
>>381020357
Well Gothic II has better combat than Witcher 3 by virtue of being in complete control.
>>
>>381005510
>japanese games
>good
Nigga, the only good thing to crawl out of Japan is EDF.
>>
>>381020501
No u, and ur gay too ;)

>>381020541
Skyrim is popular because its good, the best actually
>>
>>381020545

I haven't played gothic II but that game is getting old. Time to move on and try new things now.
>>
>>381020715
>Skyrim is popular because its good, the best actually

And your evidence of it being good is only that it's popular. Again anon. I feel sorry for you, being that ignorant or stupid is only going to make your life difficult.
>>
>>381020841
Oxygen is pretty popular too, im sure your inner hipsterfag autism makes you hate it
>>
>>381020725
I have tried new things, Breath of the Wild did open world better and New Vegas did roleplaying better.
>>
>>381020526
again,
>basing a game's quality by how many people play it instead of forming your own opinion on WHY it's good
>>
>>381020841
your evidence of it not being good is that its popular, even worse
>>
>>381020959

Oxygen isn't popular, it's essential. There is a difference between something being essential for life functionality and something being popular.

Thinking something is good because it's popular is pretty pathetic m8. You're either a kid or a strumpet.
>>
>>381021151
>Oxygen isn't popular, it's essential.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_organism
>>
>>381021132

False. I am not the other anon. I enjoy'd skyrim but ultimately found it mediocre. I don't have any strong opinions for Skyrim anymore, that game might as well be ancient history at this point.
>>
>>381021047
Or maybe i played the game and i liked it? Fucking retard

>>381021151
I bet you hate maintstream music too
>>
>>381021259
>Anaerobic_organism

>for some species it is not essential.

Correct anon..............point?
>>
>>381021421
Electricity is not essential neither so the billions who use it are dumb too huh
>>
>>381021340

>I bet you hate maintstream music too

I don't hate it. I appreciate a lot of different types of music from classical to eminem.
>>
>>380999923
Dark Messiah's nowhere near as good. Good list otherwise though.
>>
>>381021340
I like Skyrim too, but it's in no way the best RPG ever. Play more games.
>>
>>381021630
It is
>>
>>381021534

I prefer electricity to not using electricity. The problem is claiming something is good merely because it's popular. Ultimately you need to break it down to a case by case basis to see how objectively "good" something is rather than being a sheep that cannot think for oneself.
>>
>It's been 2 years
Fuck
>>
File: 1451135607927.jpg (7KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451135607927.jpg
7KB, 255x200px
>>381021534
>FOOD TIER ANALOGY
Fuck, you're idiot.
>>
>>381005978
>Ah the series of artificial difficulty where enemies are hard because they do mega damage and have a ton of hp?

They have attack patterns that require you to study them and it's a game you need to rely heavily on dodging. Dodging mindlessly will get you punished because you have to get the timing right. It's a skill based game which is why pvp is so huge for it.
>>
File: 1496468604378.png (266KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
1496468604378.png
266KB, 600x691px
>>381021676
>can't form an argument other than ITS THE BEST RPG EVAH
here's you (You)
>>
>>381021676

Evidence?

So far your only argument is that it's popular. Which is pathetic. I feel sorry for you, your life is going to be difficult being that ignorant or stupid.

Do I sound like I'm repeating myself? Kinda like you?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-19-00-06-00.jpg (526KB, 1218x1612px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-19-00-06-00.jpg
526KB, 1218x1612px
>>381021771
>>381021813
>>381021816
Skyrim on the list TWICE :^]
>>
>>381021791
>skill based game
Only requires spamming dodge and attack, oh wait just like the shitter 3 what a coincidence.
>>
>>381021791

I played every souls game starting in 2009 with Demon's Souls. Studying enemy attack patterns so you can dodge them is not different from TW3. PvP in each game has been a joke and after countless hours of it and arguing about it I've found that people who defend it prefer to take the delusional route rather than even attempt any objective standpoint so I'd rather not even bother on that part. If you enjoy your spear+shield or backstabing mindgames go for it m8.
>>
>>381021904
And? i could say League of Legends is the best game ever then, retard.
>>
>>381020991

You are entitled to your opinions.
>>
>>381022051
Best moba :^}
>>
File: 141009239004882.jpg (150KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
141009239004882.jpg
150KB, 1280x1440px
>>380998926
>witcher 3 came out 2 years ago
just end me
>>
>>381022116
delete this before the autistic dotard russians see it
>>
>>381001394
Pretty sure W3 is on consoles too, anon.
>>
>>381022435
Yeah, the shitty graphics 1000 hours in loading screen version.
>>
>>381021904
And DOTA is at the top. BEST GAME EVER
>>
File: tumblr_lzgbz7gVJk1qjmdhho1_400.png (160KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzgbz7gVJk1qjmdhho1_400.png
160KB, 261x271px
>>381021904

>it's good because it's popular.
>>
>>381022660
>its not good because its popular
>>
>>381022606
So? You really can't claim any game that's Console + PC is any less good than just Consoles, because by your logic runs in console = dumbed down, in the other way around if it was a PC exclusive then the argument would have a basis.
>>
>>381022803
>only being able to play a game on console with 30FPS plus jaggies plus tip is a non-issue
Are you retarded?
>>
>>381022784

Something can be good and popular. Something cannot be good -only- because it is popular.
>>
>>381022889
>muh graphics

God you kids are fucking retarded, that's not dumbed down, retard. Shit like Deus Ex IW is something to get mad over, not 30FPS when PC can remove the limit anyway.
>>
>>381022893
If that would be the case it woulsnt be the most played game 6 years after its release

Or you think people play it while saying "uhh i hste its but its popular so i have to keep playing it" are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>381023032
>muh

nice one

redit

sent from my iPhone

edit: thanks for the (You)!
>>
>>381023057
>still hasn't explained why Skyrim is the best other than IT'S POPULAR
>>
>>381023057
Are you stupid? there's a difference, call of duty is played by a shit ton of people, does that make the game good? or undertale for example, that's the problem, you are basing your fucking point that skyrim is good only because its popular.
>>
>>381023057

>If that would be the case it woulsnt be the most played game 6 years after its release

It depends on how you define "good" ultimately. It is not a good game for many people. This does not make them hipsters, it means the game doesn't appeal to them.

The problem is that if you want to say something is good you need reasons for stating as such and something merely being "popular" doesn't make something good, it just means it is accessible and appeals to a wide audience, that doesn't make the game flawless and that doesn't make it the best option for every person on the planet especially if they don't live in a third world country where you can afford new games.

I'm curious how much longer you can sustain being intentionally retarded.
>>
File: 1468867297913.jpg (44KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468867297913.jpg
44KB, 1024x1024px
>>381023264
And people say Summerfags aren't real
>>
>>381023272
Because thats my opinion after playing the game and other rpgs, why do i need to explain it retard
>>
>>381023450
I'm curious to know what other RPGs you've played
>inb4 Pokemon
>>
>>381023375
Bla bla

>>381023369
Yes, CoD is a good multiplayer FPS
>>
>>381023450
What the hell have you played? final fantasy? how can some one get to that conclusion?
>>
File: 1485968099169.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485968099169.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>381023595

You are definitely a nigger a child or a strumpet or all three at once. God damn m8 I hope you are trolling us.
>>
>>381023506
Witcher, gothic, risen, souls and many more

>>381023610
By not being a hipster contratard faggot
>>
>>381000848
I am in upside down position: I played all witcher games x2 and just recently started Dragon Age: Inquisition.
DA:I is like a witcher 3 demo version
>>
>>381023758
No u and ur gay too :^}
>>
>>381023760
>played all those games
>still considers Skyrim to be the best
fucking hell why do I keep responding to you
>>
>>381023760
Holy shit, i seriously hope you are trolling if not i think we just discovered the man with the shitties taste.
>>
>>381023915
Skyrim is better than all of them

>>381023948
Hurts your hipsterfaggot contratard feefees?
Look at >>381021904 again
>>
File: 1447878638533.gif (894KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1447878638533.gif
894KB, 320x213px
>>381023848
>>
File: 1471896786631.gif (262KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1471896786631.gif
262KB, 400x225px
>>381024102
>>
>>380998926
Overrated slavshit
>>
>>380998926
Not if all the big triple A studios keep producing sjw pandering trash.
Only another slav game will topple it.
>>
contrarian dumb fucks deliver every time
>>
>>381024187
>animeposter
Oh you are an autistic manchild, okay
>>
>>381017942
Adventure Quest is the best RPG of all time
>>
File: 1471894813194.png (96KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
1471894813194.png
96KB, 382x491px
>>381024349
>>
>>381020545
>Gothic II has better combat than Witcher 3
lol fucking no, compared to that shit Witcher is Ninja Gaiden 5
>>
>>381010117
>Morrowind and Breath of the Wild did it much better.
I disagree, TW3 world feels more real and alive for me. More beatiful. Novigrad, skellige, kaer morhen, toussaint... dude, does Morrowing and BotW really do it better for you?
>Pretty much everything is worthless once you get Witcher gear.
Not true. There are sets that arent witcher sets that are also very good/better. Ofieri, undvik, red rose, that vampire set from BaW to name a few.
Also there are swords that are better than witcher swords.
>>
File: witcher3 2017-06-18 16-12-53-23.jpg (3MB, 7680x1440px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2017-06-18 16-12-53-23.jpg
3MB, 7680x1440px
>>380998926
yes goy buy the polack game
>>
File: 76b417942718d6df3fa946923bff19a1.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
76b417942718d6df3fa946923bff19a1.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>381024313
>calls others contrarians
>has a contrarian opinion on /v/
>>
>>381018554
it didn't even topple Morrowind
>>
File: AHAgZkw.png (105KB, 688x1050px) Image search: [Google]
AHAgZkw.png
105KB, 688x1050px
>People actually don't think Skyrim is the best RPG of all time
>>
>>381024572

You're responding seriously to a strumpet.
>>
>>381024572
>>381024647
whatever special snowflakes
>>
File: 1497825319686.png (91KB, 688x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1497825319686.png
91KB, 688x1050px
>>381024632

Fixed.
>>
>>380998926
Yes, almost any game released after it. How can people stomach such boring characters and shitty combat is beyond me, but of course witcherfags are going to respond with
>like omg why don't you like it?!?!? r u serious?!?!?!
>>
>>381024976

You are entitled to your opinions.
>>
>>381025114
>shitty combat
This is a fact though.
>>
>>381025187

There are subjective truths. These type of facts are called opinions. There are no objective truths.
>>
>>381024976
your complains don't make any sense really, and anyone worth their salt loves many RPGs with combat that makes Witcher look like Virtua Fighter
>>
File: 1446023284725.jpg (35KB, 301x343px) Image search: [Google]
1446023284725.jpg
35KB, 301x343px
>>381016686
agreed
>>
>>380998926
I never thought I would complain about too much content in a game, and then Witcher 3 GOTY came along

It's good, I just got oversaturated with things to do
>>
File: todd_mario.jpg (60KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
todd_mario.jpg
60KB, 960x960px
>>381025406
This, also don't forget to get it on Switch.
>>
>>381005265

>can't even take out the Dark Brotherhood without being evil

You obviously haven't tried eliminating the Dark Brotherhood.

>I can try to play as a golden hearted paladin but will still be forced to commit acts of unspeakable evil if I want to complete daedric quests.

This just means you're a moralfag who forgets that Daedric Princess are immoral, uncaring entities who see you and your fellow mortals as disposable pawns.

What the fuck did you expect when you sought to aid them?
>>
>>381025806

The guy you're replying to is also an idiot because you can pick and choose which daedra to support and some are morally aligned to good while others are not. Some quests also allow you to actively undermine them. Meridia for instance sounds perfect for a paladin to align with.
>>
so I know hating on popular stuff makes you popular in highschool and all but this is too much, Skyrim was fucking dogshit
>>
File: TESV_Blackreach_2.png (360KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
TESV_Blackreach_2.png
360KB, 640x423px
>>381026236
>Skyrim was a piece of shi-
>>
File: uswbtihvt.png (52KB, 730x290px) Image search: [Google]
uswbtihvt.png
52KB, 730x290px
This is probably an unpopular opinion; having loved Witcher 3 I think the world was executed better in Horizon. The way the leaves move during a windy storm is fucking insane.
But I think Injustice 2 had the best facial animations.
While FF15 prolly had the best clothing.
As for hair, I have no clue. :X
>>
>>381026537
reminds me of retards praising Oblivion because Shivering Isles
Morrowind was the last TES with any good qualities
>>
>>381026671
>:X
are seem lost haha xD ;3
>>
>>381025298
>everything is subjective
the biggest get copout there ever was
>>381025374
I know, but that doesn't make the combat not shit. The characters being bland might be me as I hate anything resembling high fantasy
>>
File: Blackreach-TESV.jpg (656KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Blackreach-TESV.jpg
656KB, 3840x2160px
>>381026826
>Skyrim had no good qualitie-
>>
File: 20170618162715_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170618162715_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I can safely say /v/ was wrong about this game. This deserved the praise it got. I found this game to be far more immersive as an open-world RPG than anything else I've played. If there's any complaints, it's the combat which honestly is nowhere near as bad as people here made it out to be. My biggest issues are lock-on is completely broken and enemy attack patterns are really way too simple. Other than that, the combat can be interesting especially if you use all the signs. Weapons degrade way too fucking fast though. I don't know what they were thinking with that mechanic.
>>
Reminder that skyrim is the best rpg ever made
>>
>>381028162
pretty sure everyone knows it's a great game
threads you normally see is the usual shitposting, everyone else moved on
>>
File: morrowind-cover.jpg (109KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind-cover.jpg
109KB, 640x909px
>>381029339
*blocks your path*
>>
File: xw35tv.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
xw35tv.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
You did kill him, right? Witchers kill monsters.
>>
>>381025806
>What the fuck did you expect when you sought to aid them

To be able to them fuck themselves if not outright fight them in order to complete the quest, rather than being forced to bring them a hapless sacrifice in order to do so? It's really very simple.

There should not be literally no way to complete a quest if not playing an evil aligned character.

>>381025998
>B-but you can choose whether or not to do these poorly designed quests. That's player choice right?

>>381014687
Meanwhile these "shitty Witcher quests" not only allowed me to tell characters off but to determine which characters lived or died. I want to side with Djekstra? I can do that. I want to side with Roche and kill the former? I can do that too.
>>
Unironically bumping
>>
>>380998926
There are none. It's just too good. Too much of a masterpiece that probably will never be passed by another fantasy rpg for years to come. It really is, the game of our generation and possibly the greatest game of all time.
>>
File: 4634_2.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4634_2.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>381031262
This, imo
>>
>>381029741
nah old dude fucked everyone up setting that trap
cat did nothing wrong
>>
>>381031262
>>381031351
still worse than Gothic 2 though
>>
Witcher fags cant accept the truth, skyrim is the best rpg ever.
>>
>>381029741
He did nothing wrong, some faggots tried to murder him only to not pay.
>>
>>381031984
but Skyrim is half assed, generic and shallow as a puddle
>>
>>381032165
If it was all that would it still be on the top played games right now on steam? get your head out of your ass, hating somenthing because its popular is pathetic.
>>
>>381032320
wow can't fight your logic
brb watching football
>>
>The only argument Witcher fags provide is that the game is better than Skyrim and all the other Wrpg trash present on the current gen

The fact that the game is better than the shittiest shit ever does not make it good
>>
I never heard a witcherfag talk about TW3 as a game. It's always
>muh goty
>muh graphics
>muh story
>muh waifu
It's almost like the gameplay is trash.
>>
>>381033327
>It's almost like the gameplay is trash.
Refer to >>381019276 and >>381018987
>>
>>381033327
>nintenbros praising a fucking plataformer for 2 year olds as muh best gameplay
everytime
>>
>>381019156
That fucking spinning is so gay holy shit
>>
>>381033520
>nintenbros
fuck off 4chan
>>
>>380998926
puyo puyo tetris
the witcher has always been shit
>>
File: 1489679377387.jpg (712KB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1489679377387.jpg
712KB, 1920x1160px
>>381033416
stop lying. both of those are obvious glitches
>>
>>381033147
>even considering JRPGs

There's a reason most people grow out of those.
>>
>>381034159
I did not consider them because jrpg are a completely different genre

That being said I think jrpgs are outdated and suck ass most of the time, it still doesn't change the fuck that TW3 is at most a 5/10 that gets its dick sucked because it competes against 3/10 games
>>
>>381029741
Witchers don't kill witchers.
>>
File: witcher3gotyimage1.jpg (331KB, 1586x1048px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3gotyimage1.jpg
331KB, 1586x1048px
>>381034425
>TW3 is at most a 5/10
(You)
>>
>>381034425
>5/10 game

In which its WRPG and JRPG competitors are 3/10? That's not how rating scales work.
>>
>>381034640
>Fallout 4
A 3/10 game
>MGSV
An unfinished game
>Bloodborne
A game that does not catter to normies

Witcher 3 has an empty world, a mediocre story, a bland combat that is praised only because it's better than Bethesda's combat, almost no choices. Graphics, art design and music are excellent, everything else is mediocre or below mediocre
>>
>>381034949
>Witcher 3 has an empty world
>first statement
>wrong
>he think his opinion matters
holy shit
>>
>>381035167
>He thinks Witcher's 3 world is not empty

Hell yeah, having a world filled to the ass with shitty farms and some enemies to kill sure makes it feel alive boy
>>
>>381035463
name 1 game more filleded than witcher 3
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>381035463
So you just skipped Novigrad completely?
>>
>>381035463
This website is 18+
>>
>>381035543
Fallout 1/2

>>381035551
The city is great, the outskirts are so so, everything further from there is empty
>>
>>381035859
>Fallout 1/2
what? 4 npc and 1 broken car do you think that's content
>>
File: 1490870332998.jpg (127KB, 763x841px) Image search: [Google]
1490870332998.jpg
127KB, 763x841px
>>381016476
It's not SJW if it's Japanese.
>>
As someone who played through Witcher 1 multiple times just to make sure I did absolutely everything the game had to offer, I can't bring myself to finish Witcher 3.

Is this normal?
>>
>>381036037
4 npcs with dialog is more content than high level bandits and a banshee
>>
>>381036539
So you've never played the game?
>>
I love the game but absolutely hated the level mechanic.
>New game
>Fights level 4 drowners
>Proceed to new map
>Now you face level 16 drowners with the same model and attack set but with much higher health and damage
>New map
>Now you face level 2x 3x drowners, same shit
>The wildhunt, a threat to humanity
>Level 3x
>But then those fucking generic human mobs in blood and wine dlc were all level 4x
>>
>>381035859
Should I play Fallout 1 or 2 first?
>>
>>380998926
I prefer Shadow Man myself.
>>
>>381036913
The other problem was that combat was only good when you were fighting something much, much stronger than you, as that was the only time where it was worthwhile to use all of the tools in Geralt's arsenal. Of course, the sheer amount of content and the experience it gave you meant that if you did anything resembling a completionist playthrough you would spend the overwhelming majority of your time fighting enemies that were way weaker than you, even on the highest difficulty.
>>
>>381008997
lmfao is that Mizuno Asahi?
>>
File: 1497395684569.jpg (960KB, 1639x1782px) Image search: [Google]
1497395684569.jpg
960KB, 1639x1782px
>>380999092
>>380999321
Based.
>>
>>381018479
Alright just fuck off lmao, not the one who posted this list but 2 of those can be argued successfully as best RPGs of all times, System Shock 2 as best RPG hybrid and SMT Nocturne as best SMT
You have trash taste nigger
>>
File: 1497658159469.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497658159469.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>381020357
>I asked you how old you were
>>
>>381035543
your'e mom
>>
>>381034484
pffft hahahaha, they don't kill kings either right?
>>
File: 1481818354436.jpg (205KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1481818354436.jpg
205KB, 843x1034px
>>380999092
>>381000040
>buzzwords
opinion discarded
>>
>>381040980
>anime image
opinion discarded
>>
File: 1497216865811.jpg (3MB, 2395x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1497216865811.jpg
3MB, 2395x2503px
>>381041181
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece.
>>
File: gta5.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
gta5.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
>>380998926
GTA 5 is better... despite the recent modding removal
>>
>>381041647
meh
>>
>got witcher 3 goty edition a few weeks ago
>spend 150 hours on the game having alof of fun
>still hungry for another great openworld game
>see how well BoTW does and dust off my wiiu and get it
>be completely underwhelmed in every way in comparison
I guess i ruined it for myself by playing witcher first
>>
>>381000772
lol, noob.
>>
>>380998926

It had a fucking quality soundtrack. That makes up like 60% of people's interest in a game whether they realise it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkkt5X_ydmI
Thread posts: 398
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.