[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /v/? (Also why are customers allowed to vent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: asdadasd.jpg (338KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
asdadasd.jpg
338KB, 1000x1000px
What went wrong, /v/?

(Also why are customers allowed to vent their rage about one product one every other product too, even if not true?)
>>
What happened?
Sorry to be so out of the loop
>>
>>380996894
Because fuck the shitty business tactics used by game devs and pubs. They deserve to get shit on every once in a while.
>>
>>380997039
Never mind, I Googled it
>>
>they even hit bully
The animals!
>>
>>380997039
Modding is not allowed on gtav or some shit so everyone is crying now
>>
I'll never not be mad about what they did to San Andreas.
>>
>>380997163
>showing any form of disagreement against a company is crying
>companies are always right and we must suck their dick
>tfw shilling has become so huge at /v/ that there's a legitimate population that believes the companies are pristine
>>
They're selling sharkcards like hot cakes anyway, that's the only thing that matters for R* now since the overwhelming success of Online.
Face it, Rockstar is ded now.
>>
>>380997543
>trying to reason with corporate cocksuckers
Better watch out, he might call you entitled!
>>
>>380997039
>"Just putting this here in case nobody else noticed, but about 18 months ago GTA SA received a steam update that removed content from the game. I think it was a musical licence that had expired or something, but a bunch of iconic songs were removed from the game. I also had a 50hr save that I had been working on for legitimate 100% completion and that was wiped.

Seemed to slip under the radar a bit.
"

Stuff like this.
>>
>>380997543
To be fair, review bombing ALL of their games in response to an action taking place in one of them is as close to Literally Internet Crying as you can get.
>>
>>380997163
I can already tell you don't care about the situation so why don't you fuck off
>>
File: what_the_fuck.jpg (22KB, 236x291px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck.jpg
22KB, 236x291px
>>380996894

>People shit on Max Payne 3 and LA. Noire which had no mods at all and are great unrelated games to GTA

What the fuck people?

>>380997543
This. Fuck RDR2, it's gonna get fucked by the inevitable Online mode.
>>
>>380997543
>th-they don't have the right to protect their intellectual property
>it's mine! I'm entitled to it!
We have laws for a reason
>>
Those damn journos and their fake reviews! wait...
>>
>>380998181

Was meant for

>>380997682
>>
>>380998401
I'll pirate it lmao, I never cared for RDR1 online anyway.
>>
>>380998204
>someone writes a book
>the publisher fucked up
>some pages have smudged ink that makes it literally impossible to be read
>decide to rip the pages out and replace them with my own writing
>share the book to my friends
>they thought it was alright
>JK Rowling ziplines down from a building
>takes the book I bought with my own money, opened the book to the pages I edited, ripped it out and told my friends they have to pay her 5 bucks for them read those new pages
>go on /lit/
>tell them this is bullshit
>they call me entitled
>they tell me we have laws for a reason but doesn't cite that law nor do they say what that reason is nor do they explain why that law is applicable to this situation
>fuck it
>just gonna go edit some movies for fun
>then maybe remix a few tracks
>oh and I have to sew a larger pocket for my jeans so it can hold my new phone that I customized myself
>>
File: tumblr_m5ipitj5WF1qbg6uvo12_1280.jpg (535KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5ipitj5WF1qbg6uvo12_1280.jpg
535KB, 1152x864px
Gamers throwing another tantrum

I'm not surprised
>>
>>380999031
Lol, epic analogy bro!!
>>
PC gamers are contrarian hipster faggots that nitpick everything down to irrelevant shit that no one else would care about.

PC should SERIOUSLY have a containment board, the absolute cancer of gaming

>loves shitty TF2 for years, while no one that actually plays games (console gamers) could give a flying fuck about a decade old game anymore (that also sells fucking hats for literally $15000 and no one bats an eye)
>MUH MUH FUCKING SHARK CARDS ROCKSTAR ARE CANCER FUCKING REEEEEEE GIVE ME BACK MUH MODDING
>>
>>380996894
Because all is fair in love and war, and these people actually believe they are fighting a war or some shit.
>>
File: 1484938401390.jpg (100KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1484938401390.jpg
100KB, 500x666px
>Menyoo had just been shutdown
>tfw Take two and Rockstar will forbid modding all together, including scripts
>Mods will die in your lifetime
>>
>>381000620
>complaining about ME3 ending will never work!
>complaining about simcity always online will never work!
>complaining about xbone DRM will never work!
>complaining about deus ex preorders will never work!
>complaining about paid mods will never work!
>>
>PC gamers getting annoyed that they can't download a watermelon bazooka that the character doesn't hold properly and looks garbage in every way possible including gameplay wise

truly bliss, get fucked faggots

>i-i-i'll just pirate all rockstars games in future !!

i'm sure they care anon, i'm really sure they care.
>>
File: 1497780966734.jpg (76KB, 632x880px) Image search: [Google]
1497780966734.jpg
76KB, 632x880px
>russian hacker group uses stolen code
>R* slaps them with a C&D
>they comply immediately
>mod tool is done for
modders shit themselves
>they think they are gonna win
lol
>>
>>380996894
Steam should not allow changing a review from a positive one to a negative one to prevent this kind of behavior, where retards vent their frustration by changing their positive reviews to negative ones for all products associated with a company when the said company does something they don't like, even when the products themselves are not connected to the disliked action in the first place. This shit is fucking retarded.

If you don't like a company, don't buy their future games, it's as simple as that.
>>
File: 1481498873678.png (47KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1481498873678.png
47KB, 186x186px
>>381001609

What are you even trying to achive with this shit post.
>>
>>380996894
To be fair, Bully and all pre-GTAV GTAs have utterly shit ports and deserve to have mixed reviews.
>>
>>380997039
>What happened?

They banned mods in GTA5 single player and made shark card

>What is shark cards?

Shark cards give you money ingame so you dont have to grind
>>
>>380996894
I didn't know so many people cared about modding.
Any way kiss R* on PC goodbye, mustards
>>
>>381002296
I agree, Steam should just remove reviews all together and only allow Metacritic reviews, because professional journalists know better than us anyway.
>>
>>381000139
Epic argument broski
>>
>people think take2 fucking cares about people who mod
>meanwhile the ceo doesn't give a shit and he wipes his ass franklins and flush it with his franklin bath
jesus christ this is the biggest spergfest i've ever seen and just because one modding tool got the guillotine
>>
>>380996894
phew... well, at least they didn't touch GTA IV!
>>
>>380997291
What did they do?
>>
>>381003686
Removed a significant portion of radio tracks because their licence has expired
>>
>>381003317
yeah they don't care which is why they went out their way to take down openIV
>>
>>380997959
It's an effective act of protest against a companies business decisions to disrupt their business.
>>
File: 1488668394275.png (373KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
1488668394275.png
373KB, 600x537px
>>380998204
>Caring about intellectual property

Should have thought of a better way of handling it if they didn't want to get shat on
>>
>>380999031
Thats funny you would use remixes as an analogy, because unauthorized remixes are called "bootlegs" and are almost always illegal.
>>
Bully is a pretty garbage port.

>>381003880
No, it's much worse. They outright replaced it with a port of the mobile version.
>>
>>380998204
>protect their intellectual property
You don't see a law that prevents me from doodling in a book I bought.
Why are the allowed to stop people from modifying their own game?
>>
>>380996894
They replaced GTA 3 and SA with the mobile garbage ports on steam, so still deserved on those.
>>
>>381005838
I did a quick search now. No idea it was that bad... Is the game still missing 1080p support?
>>
>>381006509
Probably not, but you have to redownload the original port to use any mod.
>>
>>381006005
Because you own a book but you only license software. It's bullshit but that's how it is.
>>
>>381006005
They probably aren't. There's a very real fair use case to be made. However it would tens-hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to trial to defend, and the majority of modders can't/won't do that.

They could send me a cease and desist to never play their games again if they wanted to. Would it hold up in court? No. But I wouldn't be able to take it to court.
>>
File: Contemplative Kermit.jpg (16KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
Contemplative Kermit.jpg
16KB, 221x246px
>>380996894
>bethesda announces Paid Mods 2.0
>Rockstar then kills modding
How much do you wanna bet GTAVI will have a Creation Club clone
>>
>>380996894
Why would you down vote bully? That game was the shit.
>>
>>381006852
>literally against the law
>but they have more money so no one can take them to court
Why are people defending this shit
>>
>>381007738
Sending a C+D isn't "against the law", and I wasn't defending it.

Fair use is a legal defense, not a right that is being infringed upon. You can defend your use of elements as long as you prove you have made substantive changes. And even then its still in the hands of the jury at the end of the day and you could still lose.
>>
>>380996894
Autistic rage babies going and spamming false reviews all over a devs games. Yea it was not great of them to do but everyone throwing a fucking tantrum is worse to do.
>>
>>381008037
>showing that what they do is bad through protest
>tantrum
You're a limp wristed console baby. I bet if Steam had a subscription fee initiated and people protested it you'd call them rage babies too.
>>
>>381008194
no i'd fucking laff at all the people who locked themselves into a massive steam library. i mean i laff at that now.

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>381008682
You lock yourself into a DRM box already, be it Xbone or PS4
>>
>>381008037
No, they did something to hurt paying customers and then the paying customers did something to hurt the companies.

That's pretty much justice.
>>
>>381004106
You think the little 12 year old who wants this game gives two shits that XX_rAz0R-B0N3R_XX gave this game a negative score because they took away his shark gun?

It starts with voting with your wallet. Every fucking time a company does something the community hates, it always comes down to reviews and testimonials. GTAV already sold all its copies, its already taken all your money, convince people not to buy shark cards and stop buying them yourselves.
>>
>>380997543
>ANY DISAGREEMENT IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT CRYING
>BUT ANYONE WHO SAYS ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT A COMPANY IS A SHILL!!!
>>
I'd say every Rockstar game is mixed or worse to be fair.
>>
>>381009398
Rockstar is extremely overrated. They've made the same exact kind of game but have it be progressively worse than the last for years.
>>
>GamerGate appears on /v/, talking about shitty things companies and journalists do
>Get's chased off the internet by nu-/v/
>Big name company does something shitty
>WAHHHHHHH NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING
>>
>>380996894
Now Rockstar know they don't have to release anymore game on pc becuase all pcfags do is bitch and whine like little kids.
>>
Americans are an independent people in everything except their complete utter dicksucking of their corporate overlords. Disgusting really.
>>
>>381009665
And all consolefags do is lap up everything like a good goy which is why subscription fees and Creation Club are a thing.
>>
>>380996894
fuck off, shill jew
>>
>>381009601
GamerGate started great, then went full retared when /pol/ joined in, turned it into a clusterfuck of and crashed everything.

Made things worse btw.
>>
>>380997543
I got warned for saying shills were on damage control against the Devolver conference. Be careful.
>>
>>380997682
But fucking how? Seriously. Look at the cost of Shark Cards and then look at what they give you. You might as well be paying real money for potato bags. Normally games with microtransactions are "fair". You pay a lot, you get a lot. This shit you pay $100 and you get 8 million (which is this god awful games economy is barely enough for a few cars).
>>
To be fair, with PC gaming and by choosing to buy PC games over console, the customer expects certain things from those particular versions.

Modding is an important subculture of PC gaming but modding online games for an advantage over others, especially when real world currency is involved, is cancerous.
>>
>>381000569
This is unbelievable. The powers that be must have finally realized how much influence and power 4chan contains and are trying to destroy it, or take it over. Fuck these people. Do NOT leave the site, guys. They will do everything they can to guilt/shame/annoy you out of here. Don't fall for it. This is ours.
>>
>>381010128
In all fairness though, 8 million was a lot of money when they started selling shark cards, you could buy 8 of the most expensive cars in the game and have a little left over for a garage to put them in, or more if you didn't only buy the most expensive cars. Now, you can blow that much on three cars and barely have enough, but the price for the money hasn't gone down to compensate for that.

>B-but you can earn it in game
You, you can... but you can also stick your dick in a blender and turn it on, but I'd advise against it.
>>
>>381009090
This inadvertently is voting with your wallet. The negative reviews are so OTHERS do not give money out of their wallets.

Voting with your wallet alone does not spread awareness, just because you're not buying shitty mobile games, do you think others won't?

"Voting with your wallet" as a concept is as weak as communism. Sounds intelligent but it never works because nobody fucking does it, understand, fucko?
>>
>>381011030
You should still vote with your own wallet. Convincing others to do so as well is just smart.
>>
>these same people will buy the next rockstar game regardless
>>
>>381011291
I'll buy it used.
>>
>>381008973
>that's pretty much justice
Holy shit you're retarded. This won't affect rockstars sales. Stop acting so high and meaty
>>
>>380996894
So i missed what happened, why do we hate gta V now?

also hating on the game after buying it kek
>>
>>381010128
It's crazy that they've actually convinced people to do this.

Capitalism/democracy was a bad idea. Fucking normals.
>>
>>381011291
False
>>
>>381011192
Exactly, that's why the review-bombing is occurring, it has to happen for this case or else nobody will understand. Convincing others is the main part, taking hand in it yourself is the smart part. Doing it alone is worthless.
>>
>>381011586
Fuck off phoneposter
>>
>>381011586

you're objectively wrong, i bought a ps4 this weekend and was thinking about buying gtav but didn't because of what they did
>>
>>381011192
You can't "vote with your wallet" if the company enacts their shitty behaviour AFTER everyone has already bought their product.
>>
>>381012009
I'd suggest FO4 before GTA at this point. Survival mode is probably the closest we'll get to a proper WWII shooter this gen.
>>
The ESLs are revolting!
>I know! I can smell them from here!
>>
>>380996894
As you can see by the numbers, most people are giving bad reviews to GTAIV and V which are the ones affected by the recent mod takedown
>>
>>381011019
>you could buy 8 of the most expensive cars in the game and have a little left over for a garage to put them in

That is in no way fair. I expect the same content to price ratio of a normal game when I pay for dlc. For $100 I would expect 100+ cars, a new city that is larger than the base game, a completely new story mode that is also larger than the base game, and a new online mode. Basically if you charge the price of a new game, I expect the content of a new game instead of a single plane with a golden texture.
>>
>>381012995
A million dollars wasn't that hard to earn, so it was more of a convenience at the time, now they've nerfed the ways to make money so bad it's neigh impossible without either hackerbucks or shilling out hundreds of dollars for the shark cards.
>>
At the very least they could cater to their long term fans and give us a well-thought out, top of the line story. THEN they could take advantage of the normals online with their overpriced bullshit. That feels more in line with the R* I remember. I thought they liked telling good stories and pouring their heart and soul into it.
>>
>>381013205
Ok. I never played the online mode when it was first released, so I only know it in its current state.
>>
>C&D the single-player only mod
>Do jackshit about the horrible hacker problem online
This was a good idea.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.