[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We offer constructive criticism on what BotW could have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: botw.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>Underwater exploration
C'mon Aonuma. Every 3D Zelda game before this had it, I guess excluding wind waker. Even fucking Lego Marvel 2 has it. Could have really added an extra layer of awe and freshness to the game.

>Toggle-able presets
Armor/weapon/shield combination presets toggled without going into the inventory. Hell, I would even take an option where selecting one piece of an outfit in the inventory equips the entire set.

>more dungeons
Hyrule Castle's concept was superb as a dungeon, if a little under-realized. The Divine Beasts were kind of garbage, except Vah Naboris. Hopefully the DLC dungeon is good.

That's all I can think of for now. I still think Breath of the Wild is a 9/10 game, though.
>>
More waifufaggotry desu
>>
There are like two threads you could've posted this in you attention whore.

Filtered and saged
>>
>>380989732
this
>>
A lot of the texture work should have been redone or removed altogether.
I understand why weapon durability is in the game. But it makes loot feel worthless.
>>
>>380989620
Been waiting for the thread
-More dungeons/bosses
-Caves to explore
-Revisit Sacred Beast to refight bosses
-Diving underwater to explore hidden places
-More enemy variety (at the very least with every enemy from past 3d Zeldas)
-More side quests with companions (Sideon, Riju, Yunobo, Zelda)
-Recipe Book
-Fishing rod + fishing
-Durability meter for weapons
-Weapon healing (Like whetstone from MH games)
-Armor sets change in appearance with each full upgrade
-Being able to upgrade weapons to become unbreakable via great fairies
-Smith weapons/armor from dragon scales
-Full Sheikah set allows to jump high move faster take no fall damage and complete silence like a real ninja
-Full Zora Armor set enables actual Zora swimming
-Revali's Gale gives you glowing green wings, an extra stamina bar just for flying, and grants you full range flying until you land or run out of flying stamina bar.
-Daruk's Protection grants you Goron Rolling when equipped instead of shield surfing and can be used on a flat surface relies on stamina can damage enemies.
-Mipha's Grace also heals weapon like brand new
-Able to board King of the Mountain, bears, deers, Rhinos, Moose. Each with a mechanic that makes one different from the other instead of just a slower/faster horse (Ex. When riding the bear instead of attacking with a weapon your bear attacks with claw swipes)
-Tame wolves, foxes, and being able to board them at your house in Hateno Village or Terry Town
-Key items slots for (Torch, Hammer, Axe)
-Traditional Key items returning (Hook/Clawshot, lasso, Dominion Rod for guardians, ect)
-Being able to roll bombs like in Skyward Sword
-Being able to roll in general with a tap of the sprint button
-Revamp combat with all weapon types getting a moveset
(One handed swords get sword skills from Twilight Princess)
>>
>>380989751
>starting a thread with the intent to discuss a game is now attention-whoring

wew lad

and also, I can't find the threads you're talking about. And even if I did, why would I want to derail them with unrelated discussion?

and also.
>announcing your sage
enjoy your ban
>>
The only real flaw is the inventory system. Shit gets bloated and needs a button to skip to the next category.
>hurr there should be TWENTY more dungeons!
Is a fucking retarded complaint. That's where the bulk of game development goes, you can't just take Nintendo's most expensive game of all time and triple the production budget.
>>
>>380989982
Half that shit I agree with
Half that shit would make the game piss easier than it already is.
>>
>>380989982
Wait, hold the fuck up
There is no fishing in BotW?
That seems extremely odd
>>
MORE THAN 4 WEAPON TYPES

please aonuma hear my prayer
>>
>>380990220
Eh, it should of had like 30 less shrines and like 3 or 4 more dungeons.
Or at least have made the shrines more than "move box to step-Switch, okay you win" some of the shrines were decently long and made you think for more than two seconds. The rest were literally toddler tier
>>
>>380989620
it needed a ton of exploitable dungeons/caverns, and overall more to do
>>
>>380989982

>>380990232 captures my opinion well. I agree with like half of it, but things like repairing weapons and negating fall damage break the game imo
>>
>>380989982
>The Legend of Minecraft
>>
>>380990434
Yeah you clearly don't understand just how much development goes into a dungeon, that's not even remotely an even trade.
Shrines are not supposed to be all "AONUMA FUCKING SLAMS HIS DICK STRAIGHT DOWN YOUR EAR AND FUCKS YOUR BRAIN TO MUSH WITH THESE FUCKING PUZZLES". They're quick breaks from the exploration loop.
A short break from exploring, a quick "ah-hah!" moment and then you move on.
>>
File: crystalcave[1].jpg (118KB, 1280x624px) Image search: [Google]
crystalcave[1].jpg
118KB, 1280x624px
I wanted caves. And I don't mean the rinky-dink fully lit one-room chambers that are present. I wanted to find a hole in a mountain side, go in, and get fucking lost. I wanted to need to scavenge on mushrooms and cave creatures to survive. I wanted to need a torch or some other light source to find my way around. I wanted to come across giant crystal caverns, bottomless pools of water, gaping galleries of stalactites. I wanted to spend two hours finding the exit, only to come out on the other side of the mountain and realize there were still plenty of paths and chambers I missed in my time down there.
>>
I've said this a couple of times but I was disappointed by the lacking amount of substantial rewards for exploration.
I just wish there were more items to find, because after a while I wouldn't even bother going to obvious korok rocks in the distance or entering shrines because the times spent didn't feel justified when I knew my reward.
>>
>>380991016
fucking this.
I can't tell you how many times I felt cockteased when I found a mountainside "cave-entrance" only to see it's literally just 1 room and there's a shrine in it.
>>
romance
>>
>>380990232
>>380990592
Yeah, I definitely didn't think everything through no fall damage is a bit much, but repairing weapons wouldn't really make the game any easier just less tedious. Especially halfway through the game when a bunch of weapons are pretty much do the same in damage, might as well just keep the one you like cosmetically
>>
>>380992428
Consider suicide.
>>
>>380992428
>tfw can't romance Sidon
>tfw meeting Sidon in Gerudo Vai outfit doesn't trigger special dialogue with him

life truly is suffering
>>
>>380990898
There is clearly a medium between toddler tier and that autism you spewed.
And that is where the shrines should of been.
>>
>>380989620
Switching your lock-on target in the middle of battle is a huge pain in the ass. There needs to be a better way to do it.
>>
>>380989620
More enemy tree forts. They have been running free of obstruction for 100 years. Should of spread further than just Hyrule field and right outside the other three major places.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.