[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"hey guys, I'm respected celebrity physicist Neil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg (166KB, 948x532px) Image search: [Google]
neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg
166KB, 948x532px
>"hey guys, I'm respected celebrity physicist Neil Degrasse Tyson and although I've no actual concept of a game besides it's in space, or no concept art, or anything really besides vague descriptions of it being the most scientifically accurate space game (whatever that is)please make this the biggest kickstarter funding in history, I'm Neil Degrasse Tyson."

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>380987158
>it being the most scientifically accurate space game
oh wow, can't play the most boring space game ever from a literal hack.
>>
File: 1492323665493.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492323665493.png
148KB, 512x512px
>Vague, extremely wide, undefined scope, even throwing in the word metroidvania for no goddamn reason
>Estimated delivery date : December 2018
>Big Red Button games, the Sonic Boom people, heading development
>PC, VR, Mobile, books, whatever, fuck it
>Selling in game currency via the backer rewards
>No single bit of gameplay to speak of
>All riding on name dropping a celebrity constantly
>Inconsistencies between the campaign video and actual campaign page
Anyone that can't already see the shitshow this will be deserves to have their money taken.
>>
>>380987158
Its already being worked on, Space engine
>>
>the only person they could find to be excited about it was Randy Pitchford
Also I don't think there's been a single successful Kickstarter that didn't show gameplay
>>
>>380987925
NDT is insanely popular, so it'll probably be funded by the twitter normies.
>>
>>380987158
>most scientifically accurate space game

So it'll be profoundly boring. Smart guy, but he doesn't know shit about games and the fact that when things are less real, they're more fun.
>>
Sounds like they just want to make some Universe Sandbox type shit, not an actual game
>>
For their sake I hope the funding goal doesn't get reached. It's pretty clear that none of them have really any idea what they are trying to commit to. Lack of funding would give them an easy out.
Then again it will be hilarious to see what happens if the goals are met.
>>
>The funding goal via our Kickstarter campaign will not cover the financial requirements to develop Space Odyssey.
What did they mean by this?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000580152/neil-degrasse-tyson-presents-space-odyssey-the-vid
>>
>>380987158
I fucking hate you Neil, fuck off.
>>
>>380988620
It means they secured outside funding and are using the Kickstarter to drum up hype and sell preorders for beta access.
>>
>>380988620
>Get Randy of all people to plug your game
It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>380987158
>Make a "scientifically accurate" space game
>We actually don't know shit about space to begin with

This is going to be a space walking simulator with memes, isn't it?
>>
>>380988958
It's going to be like the already free and released Space Engine but worse and with normie jokes and half-finished image stills for a story where some female astronaut saves the universe
>>
>>380987158
He didn't want to do this but his daughter encouraged him.
>>
>>380987158
Magic Space Negro Presents: Star Citizen 2
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.