[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nintendo even trying to produce the Switch? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: wii_factory.jpg (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wii_factory.jpg
78KB, 800x600px
Is Nintendo even trying to produce the Switch?

I don't believe in muh artificial demand theory. People are begging to buy one and it would be stupid to not do so just so the hype lives on in stead of, you know, actually making money.

But what take them so long? They have shit production line or something?
>>
It uses some of the same parts used in mobile phones. They're having trouble sourcing flash memory.
>>
Probably some rare metal crucial to some component in the switch is in short supply at the moment.
>>
They didn't expect it to be as popular as it was so they've been caught flatfooted.
>>
>>380976465
They're fighting with Apple for the parts they need and they are trying not to over produce. They plan to produce 16 million though by next year
>>
>>380976925
Ram and SSD prices skyrocketed so I wouldn't be surprised at stock issues
>>
Foxconn doesn't have an unlimited amount of slaves and they like apple more than nintendo.
So switches aren't produced in favor of iphones.
>>
>>380976465
>But what take them so long?
It takes months to increase production.
>>
>>380977124
You sign supply deals for years ahead. They should have a projected amount of sales and a steady supply before they even started producing it. It only shows nintendo was very unsure of it's success if they have problems with parts supply now.
>>
>>380977021
I'm not buying the 'it's flying off the shelves' explanation. There are no Switches outside of scalpers to buy in the UK. When one of the largest retailers Argos got some they got a total of 4 unit for the whole country.
>>
>>380977536
well Nintendo probably doesn't stock that much in Europe to begin with because their stuff doesn't sell there
>>
>>380977494
The bottleneck is still the raw material supply. They entered a market that has dozens of big name companies using the resources already. Even if they were able to secure a decent supply it would never be enough to feed the demand that has been seen.
>>
>>380976465
1)Apple and Nintendo have dispute over one factory that produces components for both of them.Guess who has upper hand?

2)Nintendo had some QA problems.
>>
>>380976465
I've never seen a switch in real life. I've never seen a switch out in the wild.
I've come to the conclusion that they don't actually exist like some red herring
>>
>>380978097
this. what we have seen so far it's a very elaborate falseflag
>>
>>380977804
Probably explains why their first run had units that were practically dead on arrival
>>
I spent 9 hours in line to get one of two switches that were available on release day and the whole time I was thinking 'man I'm so retarded, I'd be able to walk into any target or whatever and grab one of these tomorrow morning'. I guess it worked out for me in the end! I'm still retarded for buying a system on launch though. Zelda rocked but now its just gathering dust, not falling for the arms meme. The system itself feels fantastic though, I like playing it more than my ps4, hopefully it has a strong library a couple years down the line.
>>
>>380978772
That happens to all hardware you moron. It's just the most obvious on a first run because you're pumping one million devices out the door in a single day, and the Switch has more failure points so it makes for a better crowbcat video. There is no reason to believe that the Switch has a higher than normal failure rate.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.