[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, console peasant here looking to finally make the jump to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault_2048x2048.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_2048x2048.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
So, console peasant here looking to finally make the jump to the promised land.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBL8BER/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2KRD8RZY7XA5F&colid=34NZ09IH7THH7

would the expert PC /v/irgins say thatis a good gaming PC for the money?

I can't seem to build a lower cost one on any part picker site, once you include the fact that it comes with Windows 10 and a mouse/keyboard.

if it's not, any other decent prebuilts that are?
>>
>unironically posting that picture and linking a pre-build
>>
>>380973398

>not explaining why the bre-built is bad

looking at the specs and considering it comes with about 130 dollars worth of extras(win10, mouse/keyboard) you'd likely be hard pressed to build this yourself for the same price.
>>
>RX 480 (why not 580?)
>locked intel CPU
>motherboard obsolete within a nanosecond
>paying for a Win10 license
>Win10
>LEDs
>1TB noname HDD and power supply

also quote from a thread yesterday. the only master race is the multi platform master race:

it depends entirely on each individual, all memes aside PC has the ability to produce some quality games that console just can't do
such as
RTS
MOBA
MMO
ARPG (although D3 proved that they could very well be made with consoles in mind, it just feels more natural on PC)
and loads more pretty much just the RTS genre covers a wide range of games besides the base building stuff like AoE and Starcraft and can go into things like Men of War and Civilization (although Civ isn't an RTS per se but you catch my drift)

On the other hand there really isn't much to consoles besides exclusive games. So you have to know that you like certain exclusives before investing your money into that console.
As for things like platformers and other things that pretty much need to be played on controller you can always plug a controller into your PC and play with that so console doesn't really get the edge there either.

I feel like the console should be owned by everyone and so should a decent PC. The console should be left in the living room for when your buddies, brother or whoever come over you can throw in FIFA, MK or whatever else with some couch co-op but the PC is where you should personally play and tinker since with PC you can do so much more (such Photoshop, Fruityloops, Flash, etc.)
>>
>>380973681
But the parts themselves are mediocre
>i5 7400
>4gb version of RX 480, not even 8gb, when 580 already exists
And I guarantee that KB+M combo won't be any better than generic $20 alternatives
>>
>>380973704

Yes, obviously "just buy everything" is the answer, but sadly we don't yet live in a post-scarcity society so many(most) people don't have the cash laying around to drop that much cash on what is essentially toys.
>>
>>380973818

So can you build something with better parts for the same or cheaper price?

he didn't ask "is this the best pc there is", he asked if it was a good pc for what you're paying for it.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qLxKD8
>>
>>380974067
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qLxKD8

Does not include Win10, keyboard or mouse.

Add about 120 or so bucks to your build.
>>
>>380974194
windows is free
>>
>>380973704

>paying for a win10 license
>win10

it's the gaming standard, deal with it. MS is only gonna keep pushing to make it more and more required for new games, which they can do because they basically own the home OS market.

Also, pirating win10/getting it for like 20 bucks buying it off some shady site where smebody bought it with a stolen credit card doesnt count

By your logic, why pay for any build at all? just break in to your local PC shop and steal all the parts you need. FREE RIGS!

Dipshit,
>>
>>380974383
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Flash-Drive/dp/B01019T6O0/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1497793068&sr=1-1&keywords=windows+10+retail

"free" is a lot more expensive then I remember.
>>
>unironically owning a gayman pc
>>
>>380974447
>gaming standard

There is no standard, and if it did exist that would be windows 7.
>>
>>380974654

Read above. MS is pushing win 10 more and more for gaming(due to vested intrest because they are pushing win10 games), and they pretty much own home OS market.

You're going to need to upgrade eventually if you plan on playing new games in the future. it's a matter of time.
>>
>asking neo-/v/ about PC builds
>unironically believing plebbit masterrace memes
>thinking platform wars are relevant to the people over 18
>>
>>380974768

>You're going to need to upgrade eventually if you plan on playing new games in the future. it's a matter of time

You're a fucking imbecile.
You can play EVERY game that is "exlusively" for Windows 10 on Windows 7.
There are ALWAYS workarounds.

I guarantee you that you will be able to play Sea of Thieves on fucking windows XP.
>>
>>380973681

your paying someone hundreds of dollars to plug everything in for you
>>
>>380974383
It isn't, but GNU/Linux based OSes are.

For AMD hardware Windows just isn't a good idea anymore. You're stuck with no support for Ryzen on 7, and no options other than the official graphics drivers which are slow and buggy.
Luckily the Linux-exclusive open source drivers for AMD hardware are much faster, more stable, and even have features like native D3D9 support for playing legacy Windows games.
>>
>PC over comfy console vidya on a sofa

60fps is a meme for everything besides FPS
>>
>>380974878
Can you run UWP format software on Windows 7?
Because the future of Windows gaming is only being able to run UWP Xbox games purchased from the Windows Store.
>>
File: 1497059649669.jpg (2KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497059649669.jpg
2KB, 111x125px
>>380974575
>build pc
>install loonix
>use loonix to procure winblows for free since barely anyone makes malware for it
>dualboot
>loonix is main for everything but vidya
>windblows is vidya only (disconnect internet before boot)
>>380974447
>just break in to your local PC shop and steal all the parts you need. FREE RIGS!
you forget the part where the parts you 'steal' are still in the shop and absolutely no decrease in their inventory is caused by you
then again, why should I expect anything resembling intelligence from an unironic M$ shill
stick to your console(s)
>>
>>380974886

you absolutely are not.

plug this same build into pc part picker then add the various extras to it. I guarantee you it does not come out to hundreds of dollars cheaper than this, or even 100
>>
>>380973151
You have to commit more than $1000 in your rig if you want the true master-race experience (gtx 1070 or 1080)

not to say that's bad but it's pretty mediocre
>>
>>380974913
There are workarounds for Ryzen and Kaby Lake CPUs on Win7. Win10 is a huge botnet. I also didn't pay for Win7, I got it for free.

>>380974768
MS has no say whatsoever in what games are made for what operating systems. The only reason Win10 would be required is if you want to play a game that needs DX12, which is like 2 or so shit games anyway.
>>
File: AiJgw.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AiJgw.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>380975146
>linux
>being a piratefag
Literally no point, a vulnerability in Windows would get anything you do in Linux as well.
>>
>>380973681
all prebuilts are bad because you are buying shit for the price of good

what is the PSU in that thing? some no name crap. It will fail in 2-3 years tops.

Idiots buy prebuilt because they only know about GPU and CPU and think everything else doesnt matter, and thats where they make money by giving you noname parts
>>
>>380973151
> prebuilt PC

console peasants can't help but antagonize themselves even when they want to shift to the master race
>>
DO NOT fall for the "pc musturhh raec" meme, please.

I was stupid, and I actually fell for it a few years ago. I didn't know that people were sarcastic when they kept saying "build a pc" or "it's cheaper" or "4k 144 FPS for only 350$".

I made the mistake of buying the most expensive parts back then, to make sure my rig would be "future-proof" so I could keep it for years without upgrading.

The verdict?

Well, I couldn't even run the latest games at low settings and in 720p.

Now, I'll you imagine if I decided to go for a cheaper budget built...

It would have probably melted!

Forget the trolls, and just go for a console. Wait for the Scorpio is you really want 60fps in 4k.
>>
>>380975104

you are a truly retarded faggot

what about "workarounds" don't you get?
>>
>>380975104
Even more reason to stay on windows 7.

You forgetting there's steam which is not locked down or held back by microsoft.
>>
File: CUCKED.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CUCKED.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>380973151
Fuck off to /r/pccringerace, fucking underage redditor seriously thinking he has a place here.

Report and sage
>>
>>380975146
Not a bad idea, but Vulkan and the open source AMD drivers are removing the performance gap between Windows gaming and Linux gaming.
Plus Windows 10 no longer really natively supports older win32 software and runs it through a compatibility layer similar to Wine.
In some ways Windows 10's compatibility layer is better than Wine, mainly when it comes to D3D11 support, but Wine is already better for older software and catching up on D3D11 fairly quickly.
We'll probably see a situation like what happened with Microsoft's DOS compatibility layer back in the day where everyone just started using DOSbox and eventually Microsoft dropped their shit.

Of course you might find like I did that even with only playing Linux native games you'll have a backlog you can't hope to clear.
>>
File: 1484308376375.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1484308376375.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>380975684
>>
Another console peasant looking to make the jump. Is there a way to make games run like on consoles? 60FPS looks unnatural, I prefer the more cinematic experience of 14 FPS on low load.
High framerates are too gamey, they don't look good to me. I'd be willing to spend money on a video card that does this.
>>
>>380975292

I was just saying why people are adverse to pre-builts. You are paying someone to plug shit in for you

I'm glad they aren't gouging as hard as other prebuilts
>>
>>380975410

and there will only be more in the future. thats how technological progress works.
>>
File: Sudeki_JAP.jpg (3MB, 3236x2173px) Image search: [Google]
Sudeki_JAP.jpg
3MB, 3236x2173px
Why do you pc elitists constantly need to recruit console gamers to your side. Most of the pc games can be played on my ps4, ps3, ps2 or og xbox. What exclusives do you guys have to even justify paying $600+ for.

I'm not obsessed with framerates and performance like some of you guys are and i don't need fraps turned on enjoy playing a game.
>>
>>380975841
trying too hard pal
>>
>>380975691
'workaround' a different executable format with an API that your OS doesn't support.
There will probably be something for UWP/D3D12 equivalent to what Wine is for win32/D3D9, but it doesn't exist yet and when it does Windows 7's Vulkan performance (which would need to be used for wrapping D3D12) has often been found to be lacking in benchmarks vs GNU/Linux.
>>
>>380975292
YOU HAVE NO NAME PSU YOU GODDAM RETARD

YOU CANNOT PLUG THIS INTO ANYTHING BECAUSE ITS 90% CHINESE CRAP
>>
>>380975964

it's mostly electronic athletics
>>
>>380975541
you literally need a separate application on Windows just to be able to access your linux partition
I'm pretty sure the guy writing malware which can not only fuck up your windows drive but anything you dualboot as well is on a whole new level of "justasplanned" and nothing can really stop him t.b.h.
also you just agreed that running windows only is a security risk greater or equal to dualbooting
>>
>>380976017
To add what the anon said.

>Low-quality PSUs may not provide the rated wattage, may deliver unstable power (damaging your components over time), may be less efficient (hotter, noisier), and can explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQyjLbPj90

>Low-quality PSUs usually cannot provide the rated wattage, since the advertised power is the sum of power on all rails. High-quality PSUs are rated by the power on the main rail only, and advertise the "true" wattage.

A power supply is the one thing you should never cheap out.
>>
>>380973151
Take this shit to /g/
They even have a thread dedicated to fuckable /v/irgins like you >>>/g/60948475
>>
>>380975753
Unfortunately Microsoft is not allowing hardware vendors to add support for their newest parts to Windows 7, and its now only a bit more than 2 years from its EOL date.

If you don't want the future Microsoft intends to force, the sooner you switch to GNU/Linux the better off you'll be.
>>
>>380973151
There was a deal for an 800 dollar PC with a GTX 1070 in it. You should look around for that. One of the few decent pre builts I've seen. Though, you should ALWAYS build your own rig.
>>
>>380976468
>GNU/Linux
The 1-2% masterrace.
>>
>>380976261
If you do the sensible modern thing and run Windows inside of a virtual machine the only hardware it would possibly have direct access to is the video card.
Even if you intend to keep using Windows 10 as your primary OS, you're going to be a lot better off running it on top of a GNU/Linux host with passthrough.
>>
>>380975146
>loonix is main for everything but vidya
>windblows is vidya only (disconnect internet before boot)

>wanting to go through the hassle of switching operating systems to just play video games
>not being able to play online games
>>
>>380976726
>>380976261
>asking a tech-illiterate dumbass to get into virtualization and non-normie OSes
Fuck off back to /g/, where this thread belongs
>>
File: On Disc DLC.jpg (57KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
On Disc DLC.jpg
57KB, 600x798px
>>380973909
Video gaming is an expensive hobby. Don't get into it if you are poor and want to wage consolewar shit.
>>
>>380975859
There will be more when Microsoft want more xbone exclusives ported to their botnet OS, that's all.
>>
>>380976834
this thread belongs in /r/pcmasterrace
>>
File: True Neutral.jpg (248KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
True Neutral.jpg
248KB, 1024x676px
Here is a tip for anyone who wants a free copy of Windows.
>Download Windows from Microsoft or torrent sites
>Format it on a flash drive
>Boot from drive
>Install
>Download Windows Activator
>EZ install
>Free, verified Windows
>>
>>380976579
Isn't that what we want? Gaming to be an obscure thing with little attention paid by huge companies only interested in profit, and the only games available being things made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts?
>>
>>380976726
>virtual machine passthrough
i-is there a /g/uide or something?
>>
>>380975104
>the future of Windows gaming is only being able to run UWP Xbox games purchased from the Windows Store.
You are absolutely retarded
>>
>>380977357
There's a bunch of youtube tutorials
>>
File: 1476125310551.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476125310551.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>380977527
thanks anon
>>
>>380977446
Remember when the claim was that Microsoft would never even think about locking Windows to the Store? Now they've added a way to do exactly that and its only a matter of time before it becomes the default.
Do you really think Microsoft won't pressure developers to only release for the Xbox and in the Windows Store?
That developers who want effective DRM won't distribute through the Windows Store, with a check to make sure the lock is in place before running?

Windows has had a good run as the platform for gaming, and I'm sure there will be people clinging to their Windows 7 machines just like there are people still using Amiga today.
Its time to move on though and start thinking about what PC gaming could and should be in an age where we don't have to be beholden to a console company or a phone company.
>>
File: pc master race + nintendo.jpg (91KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
pc master race + nintendo.jpg
91KB, 1080x720px
PC tards are a pitiful kin.

Every single PC tard I know has gone through the same cycle
>discover le master race
>spend time doing research and looking for the best combination possible at the 'lowest' price
>build his pc
>starts bragging about it in real life and on the internet like he's some kind of genius who cracked the code to happiness or something
>starts preaching the 'pc gaming' gospel to everyone
>has not even started to play any games, if anything only benchmarked his PC with the latest CAWADOOOTY or whatever bullshit shiny multi plat is out there at the time
>pirates everything and plays it for 1 hours before dropping it and moving to the next game
>gets bored of games and only uses his PC to shitpost or play MOBA or FPS shit you can play with any toaster
>>
>>380973151
Building a PC isn't hard. It's expensive Legos essentially.

Here are the problems with the prebuild:
>Intel when Ryzen exists
>RX 480 when 580 and 1060 exist
>The motherboard is probably shit since it's paired with a locked into could
>The case looks nice, but drives the cost up
>Only storage is a plain mechanical hdd

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pZTTgL
This gets you on the ryzen platform, which has much more room for upgrading in the future, 580 instead of the 480, a much better motherboard, an unlocked processor so you can overclock if you want, and all the same features as the prebuild for about the same cost

Learning how to put PCs together makes it MUCH easier to know what you are buying and upgrading in the future. It's essential experience if you want to stick with PC gaming
>>
>>380974447
Dude, OEM licenses of win10 pro are 40 bucks. Forgot where to get but it's a CD key site. Logo is a penguin. Only problem is if the key is invalid then you can't call Microsoft.
>>
>>380978913
Also forgot, gets you a power supply that won't blow up in your face and trash your pc in a month
>>
>>380978913
Or just buy a console lol
>>
>>380979137
Kinguin.net

They are more like $25
>>
>>380979312
And get that crisp cinematic 24 fps???
>>
>>380979321
Thought it was 25 for win 10 home. Thanks for clarifying though! :3
>>
>>380978913

DUDE AMD LMAO
>>
>>380979137
Not to mention even if you don't activate it, the only thing locks out is windows update and changing the desktop background to something other than the default one. Other than that, fully functional
>>
>>380978913
Not OP, but thank you.
>>
>>380979530
(you)
>>
>>380979430
I didn't see you specified pro. Why would anyone get pro if all that is being done is gaming?
>>
>>380980239
Windows Media Center among other features like not getting spied on.

I actually liked WMC with windows 7 but it sucks that it costs an arm and a leg.
>>
>>380975292
It's still a saving. Plus if you know how your pc is put together, you can repair it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468848735369.jpg (32KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468848735369.jpg
32KB, 530x800px
>>380980508
Whatever will I do if I have to use something other than WMC if I'm worried about the NSA finding out what music I like???
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.