[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>muh open world >muh everything is organic and changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: beyond-good-and-evil-2[1].png (239KB, 630x323px) Image search: [Google]
beyond-good-and-evil-2[1].png
239KB, 630x323px
>muh open world
>muh everything is organic and changes realtime
>muh make your own character
>muh explore the procedurally generated galaxy

Just fucking why? Why is this happening to this game?
Have the devs even played the first one? People liked it so much because it was a cute game with a good story, good designs and very charismatic and likable characters. It is not supposed to be a fucking open world meme where nothing has any depth because it's procedurally generated to make it seem like there is just so much to do.
>>
You need to accept anon that the industry is dead. Most triple A titles fall into the open world meme and nothing is like it was before.

People cry about /pol/ boogeyman that cries about token black characters but those people are kinda right. They notice the problem but can't express it. Current games are no longer about originality or adventure. Just like every story now needs to have a token black/lesbian/minority/SJW character, every game needs now to have open worlds, map markers, hand-holding and bland gameplay regardless of the game genre. It sells. I lost count on how often game developers said "living open world" while marketing their game. The genres are becoming more blurry, everything now has RPG elements, perk trees, character progression, multiplayer etc.

Games instead of being simple fun are including buzzwords that limit true passionate content creators. They don't have freedom anymore and always need to introduce those meme mechanics in their titles.
>>
To be fair the first one did not have good gameplay. The stealth was busted easy, the combat was a chore, and the platforming was restrictive in the ugly way. BG&E had great world building and characters, so open world can suit it if they don't aim too high. But they might. If they made the game 70% about photography, 30% about parkour-and-evasion, with puzzles centered around these elements, it could be great. Modern Ubisoft will make it a third person shooter like Watch Dogs so idgaf.
>>
>>380968323
Its just a trend. Something will come along and change the market and give us entirely different gameplay mechanics to complain about
>>
File: info.png (74KB, 470x876px) Image search: [Google]
info.png
74KB, 470x876px
BEFORE MAKING YOUR OPINION ON BGE2 CONSIDER WHAT ANCEL HAS RECENTLY SAID ABOUT IT
>>
>>380968719
>they want to keep monkey "unmanageable"
I'm fine with cheeky monkey personality but forced swearing and gangsta style kills it for me.
>>
>>380968719
IT'S NOT EVEN IN DEVELOPMENT YET.
>>
MULTIETHNIC and MULTICULTURAL
>>
>>380967836
>Have the devs even played the first one?

Yes Michel Ancel played the first one you fucking faggot.

You don't know shit about BGE.

Ancel always wanted to make a space opera game even in the early 2000s but couldn't because of PS2 tech.
>>
>muh overacted anger
>muh complaining about everything
Just fucking why? Why is this happening to this board?
>>
>>380968468
Good world building and characters in an open world is almost impossible.
>>
>>380967836
fuck off goobergater
>>
>>380970821
lol not at all, you just have to make it a manageably sized open world.
>>
>>380967836
can you even play as white character?
>>
>>380967836
>muh make your own character
What's wrong with that? Worried someone out there won't make their lead another white male?
>>
>>380971046
In a manageable open world like breath of the wild for sure, but they wanna go dynamic world plus procedurally generated which is like the definition of unmanageable.
>>
>>380970783
>Just fucking why? Why is this happening to this board?
Because 4chan as a whole and /v/ in particular is filled with underage teens who think they sound more mature and cool if they act bitter and angry all the time.

Same way red.dit is filled with 25 year olds who think they'll appear more quirky and interesting if they get super excited over inane childish shit
>>
>>380971431
>/v/ in particular is filled with underage teens

Is that true? I'm 25 myself but this could explain why most opinions here are garbage and chink games so popular
>>
>>380971429
BotW is not manageably sized at all.
Protip: If there is a fast travel system, it's not manageably sized.
>>
>>380968323

The industry is far from dead, but it is approaching transition. The old order is shifting some as big devs are slow to adapt burn through their creativity.

That's not to say the big devs are out of the running - Bethesda is a behemoth and will continue to be for quite some time. Ubisoft is off tilt these days but they're still selling massive numbers. They're not sexy as they used to be.
>>
>>380968323
this. games are basically hollywood now. everything copies the last successful title, budgets are inflated to create all the shitty content an open world requires which in turn requires a watered down shitty product that appeals to the most purchasers possible. AAA gaming is dead.
>>
>>380968894
>but forced swearing and gangsta
Forced you don't like doesn't mean forced.
It fit the character and it fit the world. It's not forced.
>>
>>380971786
>It fit the character and it fit the world. It's not forced.
Found a guy who never played the first game. The fuck are you doing in this thread?
>>
>>380967836
BGaE also had sort of an open world, lad.
>>
>>380971587
that's more like freeroam
>>
>>380975153
It's more like "Don't have a flat fucking map with only one way, a painfully slow and boring way, to get from A to B"
>>
REMINDER THIS IS AT DAY 0 OF DEVELOPMENT

10 YEARS FROM NOW WE WILL SEE ANOTHER CG TRAILER
>>
File: 54036.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
54036.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>380967836
>make your own character
Really?

Is there not an established lead character this time?
>>
File: huh.png (497KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
497KB, 500x485px
>>380975548
>This is YOUR story.
>>
>>380968719
>Going into the origin of Carlson and Peters is part of the goal of the prequel.

That's the book the knight guy kept quoting in the first game right? Seems like a weird thing to focus on.
>>
File: Beyond Good and Evil.jpg (114KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Good and Evil.jpg
114KB, 1024x640px
>>380976260
>Ancel made it clear that while the player will create their own character, the supporting cast will be fleshed out by the developer.
Ah, damn it.

I was gonna miss Jade, but I didn't think they'd drop the idea of an interesting protagonist entirely.
>>
>>380968719
>trilogy
Like a third game that deals with the first one's cliffhanger?
>>
File: 29bad09d6e0df29aca1bccbc750f3c35.png (401KB, 1065x612px) Image search: [Google]
29bad09d6e0df29aca1bccbc750f3c35.png
401KB, 1065x612px
MULTIETHNIC
MULTICULTURAL
>>
>>380967836

What the FUCK did you say MOTHERFUCKER? You don't like this MOTHERFUCKING MULTI-CULTURAL, MULTI-RACIAL, MULTI-GENDERED MOTHERFUCKING world?

Are you FUCKING some FUCKING kind of FUCKING racist MOTHERFUCKER?
>>
File: 1496953650645.jpg (53KB, 550x708px) Image search: [Google]
1496953650645.jpg
53KB, 550x708px
>>380967836
I kind of hoped that No Man's Sky was a wake-up call for why a huge procedurally generated universe in a story-based game will probably never be as satisfying a well-structured finite set of areas.
>>
>>380968719
>CAAAARLSOOON AND PEEEETEEEEER
>>
>>380975548

Man, Jade was such a qt. Will be missed.
>>
>no jade
its shit
>>
>>380967836
>hating on open world
>>
>>380968719
>no Switch exclusive
Well, fucking duh. Who in the right mind would make a game of this level exclusive to something like Switch
>>
>>380969874
Then how about he actually fucking finished the game he's been trying to push for 14 years, like he has in the previous trailers over the past years and not start a completely different story that will have nothing to do with the original?
>>
>>380967836
>tfw i thought theres was going to be a shift back to "linear" focused games once devs wanted to push graphics to a point that they can't do it with open world anymore
>were almost at the 5 year mark and no sign of slowing down
>>
Didn't the first one end on a cliffhanger and have a striking artstyle?

Can I just get the second part to that story while playing as Jade? Jade was rad.
>>
>>380968719
Pros
>photography's back.
>Chrisophe Heral's back
>Carlson and Peeters

Red flags
>Procedurally generated worlds
>Jade's charm and personality is ditched for a self-insert
>emphasis on scale of the production rather than a smaller single-player focused project
>>
>>380980525
I just don't understand why they ditched almost everything from the first game, when even the trailers every few years focused on the idea of a sequel. I have to assume Ubi forced this, Ancel cannot be this stupid.
>>
Someone post the boob physics of the Asian girl.
>>
>>380979861
Always funny the first 6 months of any nintendo console while the fans beg for 3rd party support before 3rd party support completely dries up because no one buys it then they bleat on about how exclusives and nintendo games are more important.
>>
File: Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Reveal.jpg (63KB, 914x514px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Reveal.jpg
63KB, 914x514px
>Fuck me!

>Dude
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.