[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/15/nint endo-swit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 526
Thread images: 86

File: nintendo switch.png (431KB, 550x735px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo switch.png
431KB, 550x735px
It's over
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/15/nintendo-switch-second-comeback.html
>>
Maybe it's just me but 2.7m in 3 months from a huge brand like Nintendo just doesn't seem like that much. Is this average for consoles? I'd assume 10m would have been the first commendable milestone.
>>
>>380956713
Pretty sure 2.7m was the first month there friendo.
>>
>>380956756
Yup, missed that. Well off to bed I go.
>>
>>380956713
here's a comparison

https://www.theverge.com/2013/12/3/5169646/sony-announces-november-ps4-sales

2.1 ps4 sales after less than a month

can't find a figure for after 3 months, but I assume it is way higher than 2.7m especially since the 2.1 doesn't include late or post-christmas purchases
>>
why is switch successful

its such a shitty gimmick it was doomed to failure
>>
CNBC has an opinion. I guess that settles it.

Let's all go out and buy a gimmick with faulty hardware no games and 3hr battery life because we're manbabies.
>>
>>380956713
First off, it's 2.7 after a month. We don't know the three-month figure yet. Secondly, yeah, it's a lot, especially considering it wasn't launched during Christmas period. And while Zelda is a heavy-hitter for sure, it doesn't move systems nearly as much as something like Mario or Pokémon, so there will still most likely be significant increases in sales.

>Is this average for consoles?
It's better than average, but obviously what matters is not the launch figure, it's how it sells in the long run.
>>
The Switch will without a doubt sell 10 million by the end of the year. They haven't even hit their two biggest dates yet.
>>
>>380957374
I know christmas, but what else? black friday?
>>
>>380957441
Splatoon 2 next month.
>>
Im just gonna wait for Switch Pro/U/New/XL/i
>>
>>380957441
>>380957491
Nah, Mario Odyssey.
>>
File: 1487920340899.jpg (36KB, 618x347px) Image search: [Google]
1487920340899.jpg
36KB, 618x347px
>>380957441
When skyrim come out obviously.
>>
>>380956891

>ITS SHITTY GUYS

The Wii U gimmick was shit because it had no fucking purpouse at all. No game used the fucking pad and it was overpriced for what i could

Switch on the other hand is a unique system with good marketing, allready good games, many games announced
>>
Why can't Nintendo release a switch without LED screen and a pro controller? I'm never going to travel with it or not be able to use my own monitor.
>>
>>380957656
maybe because the portability is its main selling point?
>>
Would the Switch have sold better if it released with Odyssey instead of BotW?
>>
>>380955608

Well, if a CNBC advertinews tells us so...
>>
>>380957740
I think leaving the game with the much broader appeal to the holiday season was the right choice desu
>>
>a console without monster hunter
>success
>>
>>380956713
$2.7m is a joke. 2.7m units on a $300 item is very very good
>>
>>380956891
>why is switch successful
Same reason the ps4 was

Nobody knows and straight up luck.
since with the ps4 not even the heads of sony understand what the fuck happened to make it sell so well.
>>
>>380957856
>nobody knows
are pcbros really THIS thick?
>>
File: kaiji.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
>>380957814
>mfw the DS was the biggest failure ever and sold worse than the PSP
>>
>>380957814
>without monster hunter

double cross with no region lock.
>>
>>380956891
hahaha
SWITCHED
W
I
T
C
H
E
D
>>
>>380957886
Elaborate as to why then?
>>
Switch isn't successful yet, it really depends on how much it sells by christmas, I think it's only at 4-5 million right now, not that much really.

>>380957814
Nintendo's own IPs will sell more units, Monster Hunter only really attracts largely the same 4 million customers, games like Pokemon will at least attract the same 15 million customers, of the top 10 selling 3ds game, none of them are Monster Hunter, and they in general attract a more diverse group of customers, not saying Monster Hunter isn't a good title for the system.
>>
>>380957856
While it's hilarious that Sony straight-up admitted they have no clue why the PS4 did well, Nintendo clearly does as Kimishima projected his Wii-level predictions before launch.
>>
>>380955608

>Nintendo Switch has system sold

Does CNBC Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
>one of the best zeldas ever
>a return to the 3d mario style of 64 and sunshine
>the first core pokemon game ever released for a console
>metroid prime 4
>splatoon 2

honestly, if the switch isn't the most successful nintendo console ever, they should drop out of the industry. Obviously no one likes them anymore.
>>
>>380955608
Should be much more than that to be 3ds tier and outperform PS4 sales
>>
>>380958173
>Nintendo clearly does as Kimishima projected his Wii-level predictions before launch.

Hmm well can that really be taken as face value? Since like saying a product would do super duper mega good be the usual thing sad to make the suits, higher ups, and stockholders happy and complacent about the tad of riskiness involved when releasing a new console?
>>
It's going to die out soon, there's no way they can keep this up with less than one game per month. Also, it's flat out flopping in Europe. And finally, ps4 and bone didn't get any big hitter these days that could compete with Zelda (except maybe horizon, but that was a new ip yet it still managed to do nearly as well as Zelda which is surprising).
>>
>10mil consoles
>2 games

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>380957856
But that's a lie and everyone knows it, the Switch has an easily marketable and valuable gimmick, it is both a home console that you can play on the go and it is a system that is to be backed by both Nintendo's development arms, in the past if you wanted to get all of Nintendo's releases which is a large portion of the quality titles in any given generation and the largest portion by a single entity you would need to own both their home console and their portable console, now you only need to buy one, although this isn't entirely true since there are still new 3ds games coming out, but I think that we son't see any more 3ds games enter development, or possibly we may start to see 3ds games release with HD version on Switch.

The Switch actually had games people wanted to play on launch, this hasn't been seen since forever, and since the WiiU did poorly games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild may as well be exclusives.

It only remains to see whether it will succeed, third parties won't support it and we don't know what it's future holds for releases, for the Switch to continue to succeed Nintendo needs to keep up with the same launch tempo they had this year, and I actually doubt they will, and that's partially because they aren't just moving 3ds games straight to the Switch or expanding their own studios, the only thing they have going for them is that they are over the HD bump and that they have HD engines already built from the WiiU that they just need to retool and optimize for the Switch, not develop and build from scratch like the early days of the WiiU.

for reference Xenoblade chronicles X took between 4-5 years to make while Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will only have taken 2.5 years to make.

>>380958554
Better than 60 million consoles and 5 games, maybe 6 I forget how many Yakuza are on PS4 now.
>>
>>380958086
They had an advantage with Microsoft's unveiling of the Xbox One being so negative and took from that. Didn't help with Don Mattrick shitting all over everyone and standing his ground.
>>
>>380958448
He was the one that said Wii U was gonna be a failure before launch. The guy is pretty perceptive.
>>
>>380958448
Not completely of course, but at least it signified confidence in the product. Also, consider that vital stuff like deciding to develop mainline Pokémon games for it (and thus the Switch eventually replacing the 3DS as the handheld line on top of the Wii U as the home console line) was set up before launch. You can either see the Switch as a calculated move on Nintendo's part to make a sure-fire successful system or a huge gamble that would've made them crash and burn in both the home console and handheld department had it not pan out, I guess.
>>
>>380957656
Maybe they will, didn't the Vita have something like that? Don't really think Nintendo will do it tho
>>
>>380958820
Yup. Kimishima is going to be the one who leads Nintendo into the ultimate golden age.
>>
>>380958553
>flat out flopping in europe

I think Europe has around 1/4 of the Switch's total sales, I wouldn't call that flopping, that's actually quite good for Sony territory.

In the long run Zelda will beat Horizon, I don't think it's really that comparable.
>>
File: help.png (22KB, 390x321px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
22KB, 390x321px
>>380955608
Please talk me out of this /v/
>>
>>380958672
>they aren't just moving 3ds games straight to the Switch or expanding their own studios
They can keep doing supervised external development. Look at the two new Metroids, one's by MercurySteam, the other one is by some undisclosed external studio. That lightens the workload of their own teams a lot.

>the only thing they have going for them is that they are over the HD bump and that they have HD engines already built from the WiiU that they just need to retool and optimize for the Switch, not develop and build from scratch like the early days of the WiiU.
Then again, it's possible they won't just keep making new engines and keep improving on the ones they already have or even use third-party ones when necessary. Look at the new Yoshi, it's made in UE4.
>>
File: 1484333028717.jpg (404KB, 1412x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1484333028717.jpg
404KB, 1412x1330px
>>380958967
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>380958554
>BOTW
>Arms
>Splatoon 2
>Mario Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2
>Kirby
>Yoshi

>2
Those are all games that came out or will come out between launch and 1 year after launch. 10m is very realistic, I'm actually expecting a bit higher.
>>
>>380959056
Super Mario Odyssey launches in October.
>>
>>380959123
Splatoon though
>>
>>380959056
You're not a child anymore
>>
>>380958967
The PS TV bombed really fucking hard. Stores were trying to get rid of them for around $30. One of those stupid, required propritary memory cards could cost more than that.
>>
yeah it'd be cool if it wasnt fucking impossible to get if you're just an average guy. but most youtubers have 3-5 of them and scalpers have 20+ meanwhile people are still struggling to get one for not 500 dollars of ebay
>>
>>380959034
>In the long run Zelda will beat Horizon
It already did.
BOTW had 2.76 million units on Switch alone in March. Another 500k or so on Wii U in March.
It has easily sold another 500k to 1m across both since.

Wouldn't be surprised if we hear 5m copies of BOTW sold for their financial briefing in July.
>>
>>380959094
It really could've done well if Sony didn't go full retard with support
>>
>>380959115
Well Kirby and Yoshi say 2018, so they could be later than March. However, you did forget Mario + Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors. They also announced a true Fire Emblem for Switch in 2018 a few months ago.
>>
>>380959056
No games
>>
>>380957910
things that never happened
>>
>>380959385
Yes, that is the joke.
>>
>>380959137
Paid online launches next year

>>380959092
Nintendo absolutely can work with studios like Mercury Steam again and they are already working with Platinum again as well as studios like Next Level games who while not owned by Nintendo went loyal during the Wii era. They can but I just don't think they will, it would be good if Metroid does well that Nintendo work again with Mercury Steam and shape them into a studio that launches games worth playing.

Nintendo also have a few third party titles on the way, SMTHD project, Travis Strikes again, Story of Seasons.

Nintendo will keep making new engines sure, but a lot of their studios will just extend their current engines to better use the Switch's hardware, the only real jump to Switch engines has been the adoption of PBR, and maybe using some of the Nvidia APIs optimized for the Switch's hardware, but new engines will come, studios like Grezzo will build one for their next project surely, I don't see much engine reuse between Nintendo studios.

>yoshi using ue4

Really, I must have missed that one.

>>380959287
I mean really beat it, probably new advertisements by christmas, anywhere between 8-12 million lifetime sales possible.
>>
>>380959382
But I want to play splatoon
>>
>>380959378
Warriors I thought he'd call out as non exclusive (even though the n3DS version will run at like 15 fps)
Rabbids I can't fully trust the quality of because it's Ubisoft, but it has potential if the Rabbids humor isn't SUPER bad.
FE Switch is likely summer or fall 2018. Kirby and Yoshi are likely the early 2018 stuff to fill in the first party of the year.
>>
>>380959495
>Paid online launches next year
So I better buy it and play my fill before it does?
>>
>>380959505
Buy it at retail price now or you're never getting your hands on one until next year
>>
>>380959287
Nintendo sold 1 million on WiiU.

>>380959565
I mean it launches next year so you could buy a Switch in Octombre and still play for the rest of the year and part way into next year for free, you don't need a Switch right now, you will need one in the future though, it's going to be the best system of the whole gen, best system of gen 7/8 if Nintendo keep releasing games at the same rate they are for the remainder of the year.
>>
I think first real change would be when they release pokemon game on switch. Because other games are pretty match either wiiu ports or similar to wiiu experience. Pokemon on the other hand is first big 3ds title coming on switch.
>>
>>380959495
>Really, I must have missed that one.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-yoshi-switch-developed-with-unreal-engine-4

>The adorable platformer is one of many upcoming Switch games being developed with Unreal Engine 4. In fact, Epic Games Japan rep Takayuki Kawasaki told Automaton (translation via Gematsu) that "in Japan, there are about 20 titles being developed that use Unreal Engine."
>>
>>380959764
I'm pretty sure Switch is already on track to outsell Wii U in a single year. They're trying to produce 20 million by next March.
>>
>>380956891
It's really cool how easy it is to play with people in the same room as you anywhere you go. You only think it's a shitty gimmick because you have no friends.
>>
Name 1 person you know in real life that owns a Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>380957557
Another reason I believe (and this is coming from a guy who doesn't really follow Nintendo) is marketing - the name Wii U implied some sort of relation with the Wii, and caused quite a bit of confusion on my end, at least.
>>
File: 58a.jpg (56KB, 680x578px) Image search: [Google]
58a.jpg
56KB, 680x578px
>>380956891
>Doomed for failure.
>Source says otherwise.
>Especially when a Mainline Pokemon and fucking Metroid coming.

Idort here. you're delusional.
>>
>>380959857
Me my friend at grad school, my friend at med school. Not many but theres another 3 that want 1 but cant find it
>>
File: 1477899278283.gif (303KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
1477899278283.gif
303KB, 300x161px
>>380959495
>Travis Strikes again
Did I miss something?
>>
>>380959094
They were all in suicide watch and are now dead, sad!
>>
>>380957814
>Series that can't even outsell Tomodachi Life
>In any way required for success
That said, Sony must be pouring buckets full of yen down Capcom's throat to justify passing up on all those mobile customers.
>>
>>380957856
>Nobody knows.

I do. Microsoft shit the bed and Nintendo fucked up royally. The difference here is that only one of these companies learned from their mistakes.

Guess which one.
>>
>>380959808
I did not see that coming, I also did not see Good Feel being another privately owned company that works closely with Nintendo, I guess I should add it to the pile

Intelligent Systems
Hal
Creatures Inc.
Gamefreak
Next Level Games
Good-Feel
Grezzo
Arzest

>>380959931
Travis Touchdown?
>>
>>380956891
Wii U had no strong launch mainline Mario or Zelda title.
>>
>>380959931
In the January presentation event for the Switch, Goichi Suda announced there's a new No More Heroes/Travis Touchdown game in development.
>>
File: Kimi.jpg (43KB, 545x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi.jpg
43KB, 545x576px
>>380958985
We will finally understand.
>>
>>380958553
>Switch is sold out in every normal European country
>Some Switches left in Poland and Sweden
>h-haha nintendo btfo again xD!
>>
>>380960116
Fromsoft is working on a game as well if that's relevant.
>>
People arent considering an extra something.

When pokémon releases on Switch, it will be the first post-pokébank main console. A large amount of pokéautists can easily transfer their collection now. And they are already used to paying for this online service.

Dont understimate the power of collectorfags to keep new systems alive.
>>
>>380960129
Mario 3D World was genuinely the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and I'm only saying that because you meme loving fucks like the Galaxy games for some reason.
>>
>>380960113
I think Microsoft are learning, they are slowly but surely re-embracing the PC market, the only video games market they ever actually made fucking money on.

Phil Spencer is actually pretty cool he was given control in a shitstorm and was just like yeah PC, and now I have more games to play on PC.

>>380960327
I know of that, I'm just doubtful that it means a thing, if it's a Switch exclusive Souls I'd be happy, well I would rather play another Souls styled game on PC but the salt would be unparalleled, that and just interested to see what they have in the works.
>>
>>380960420
>the best since the previous one
Anon
>>
>>380957886
The fuck are you talking about, that's Sony's official statement.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-08-19-we-dont-know-why-ps4-is-selling-yoshida
>>
>>380960495
I just want a mature cyberpunk exclusive for Nintendo please, it doesn't have to be Souls like.
>>
That's all well and good, but when will they let me buy one?
>>
>>380960420
What's the point man, they are all good, as far as 3d platforming goes Mario has done nothing but constatnly reaffirm he's the best at it, not anymore with 2d platforming but lets be straight, Mario's first 2d platformer was indeed called Donkey Kong so it's not like he's nothing to the best 2d platforming series.

>>380960596
I think you will see that from Retro, unless Nintendo pulled the worlds biggest fucking bait and switch and show a proper trailer for Metroid Prime 4 next year and give it a release date for holiday season 2018.
>>
>>380960495
While thats technically true I see it as them Phoning it in, a white flag of humble concedement as the brands name is irrevocably damaged.

I wont lie though thats me being biased with anger of all the damage Microsoft did to the games industry within the few years they were in
>>
>>380960495
>think Microsoft are learning, they are slowly but surely re-embracing the PC market
Windows 10 is sort of beyond salvaging as a main OS for me, but if they cleaned up the Windows Store and made it less of an absolute fucking pain to use and get games through, I'd be more inclined to make use of it. They don't really seem to show any signs of that, though. I think it's less Microsoft getting their heads out of their ass as the Xbox division itself. Main branch Microsoft is puttering on the same, or worse, as ever.
>>
>>380957508
I don't think you know how big Splatoon is in Japan
>>
dude it's mario and zelda again lmao
>>
>>380957508
>>380960934
>>380957441
>>380957374
Splatoon is big in Japan. Mario is be big in the West.
>>
>>380960693
>he's the best at it, not anymore with 2d platforming
I wonder how a Switch 2D Mario with the amount of risk-taking and creativity shown by BotW and SMO would be like.
>>
>>380960908
>>380960892

I'm not denying that that's shit and all but, Halo 6 on PC and Sea of Thieves on PC is sounding good to me right now.

That division still has a long way to go though, the Age of Empires remaster looks phoned in, Rare Replay is still not available on PC, a game that would easily sell a fuckload on PC, Halo 5 never hit PC, Halo collection never hit PC, there is no Age of Empires 5, there is no Age of Mythology 2, there is no Minecraft 2, for some fucking reason it still looks and runs like ass. Freelancer never got a sequel, The Movies never got a sequel or another game like it, Black and White 3 doesn't exist, there is no Fable 2 anniversary or a new try at a Fable title using the current power of gaming hardware to properly simulate economies or citizens

>>380960934
If Splatoon was so big then why didn't the Japanese team win the Tourney?

Check mate weebtheists.
>>
>>380961319
>Halo 6 on PC
Have we actually gotten word on that?
>>
>>380957496
Same. There's no rush to get one right now. I might even wait for the LoZ exclusive collectors edition Switch XL/pro
>>
>>380955608
Fake news, Nintendo was always dominating in the portable market. And they continue to do it with Switch.
>>
File: 1485184998040.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1485184998040.png
267KB, 420x420px
>>380957814
Yknow poser MonHun fags, I know you've never touched a MH game in your life, but just because its not being localized doesn't mean it doesn't exist, we've had to deal with this shit before with Portable 3rd
>>
File: 1496012209586.jpg (67KB, 750x647px) Image search: [Google]
1496012209586.jpg
67KB, 750x647px
>>380957740
Nigga it's been sold out since launch. How much better do you want it to sell?
>>
>>380961476
None yet the only thing we have right now is the forge that lets people play custom games the real FUCKED thing about it is.
its Dead.
>>
>>380961319
Because the USA is the greatest place on Earth with the strongest competitors
>>
>>380961231
Absolutely excellent?

>>380961476
All their games are coming to PC from now on aren't they, at least all of their exclusives so isn't that pretty much a given?

>>380961704
>greatest place on earth

Someone's never gone to the gummydrop kingdom.
>>
>>380956891
>portability is a gimmick
end this meme
I bet you think mobile phones is a gimmick.
>>
>>380959056
wait for some bundles with games
>>
>>380956891
All-encompassing, dockable devices are the future for us all in terms of how we will enjoy media and entertainment.

Nintendo are ahead of the curve.
>>
>>380961805
There's splatoon bundle up for preorder but it only saves ~10 bucks
>>
>>380961741
>All their games are coming to PC from now on aren't they
They've been pretty cagey about explicitly saying "all" of them, if I recall.
>>
>>380957910
The 3DS didnt even outsell the PSP and it has fucking 6 revisions.
>>
>>380961986
Name me another successful Sony handheld
>>
>>380956927
This. I don't know why everyone has their heads so far up their asses. Nintendo is dead. DEAD. Parading shipped consoles as sales, along with most stores just refusing to stock their shitty tablet entirely. The Shitch is just yet another failure from Shitendo.
>>
>>380961986
The PSP didn't have to deal with competition from smart phones like the 3DS has.

The PSP still got hammered through the earth'a crust by the technically inferior DS.
>>
>>380961986
Kek I seem to remember the DS kicking the absolute shit out of the PSP
>>
>>380962049
They only had two and their most successful one sold more than every single handheld by Nintendo except the DS.
I'd say that's pretty good.
>>
>>380961958
I guess Halo is their biggest seller by a wide margin, next it's gears of war with the first gears selling almost 1/3 of Halo 3, I guess unless Microsoft says it it's not coming, but I'm somewhat hopeful just because everything else since they started moving them over has come to PC, at least I don't recall any that didn't come over since then.

>>380961986
Yes, and the whole handheld business took a major thrashing thanks to phone games.
>>
File: Game-Boy-FL.jpg (110KB, 1280x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Game-Boy-FL.jpg
110KB, 1280x1552px
>>380962240
>their most successful one sold more than every single handheld by Nintendo except the DS.
>>
If it hits 10mil by end of the year i can see major publishers start taking it seriously.

Although the switch might represent an opportunity for smaller publishers.
>>
>>380962240
The other sold less than the dreamcast but we don't talk about that huh?
>>
File: 1484854198316.jpg (2MB, 4129x3039px) Image search: [Google]
1484854198316.jpg
2MB, 4129x3039px
Its another Wii U for anyone that isn't a Nintendo fanboy, that wont set in for them until year 3.

The truth is, most people with taste will only grab 2 or less games varying from the current announced lineup, meaning minimal usage between releases of games that actually matter like Monster Hunter World and Wolfenstein.

Nintendo fans will be happy no doubt, since all they consume is Nintendo children's games and use it as a coping mechanism to relive their childhood and be part of something, the Nintendo 'clique'.

I'm happy for them, but for people that like new games with interesting ideas to come out on a steady schedule, I would choose anything else. Nintendo consoles are never essential anymore.
>>
>>380961950
Good enough.
>>
File: 1391621525087.jpg (7KB, 251x193px) Image search: [Google]
1391621525087.jpg
7KB, 251x193px
>>380955608
>second comeback
>first one was the Wii
so can we all openly hate on the Wii U and Iwata now?
>>
>>380960420
>Mario 3D World was genuinely the best Mario game since Galaxy 2
woah...
>>
>>380962209
In sales, yes, games, nope. It got way more.
>>
>>380962509
>it got way more
t. never touched a dreamcast
>>
>>380962461
>now
>>
>>380962441
>new games with interesting ideas to come out on a steady schedule, I would choose anything else
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>380962413
And it sold more than the WiiU. You wanna talk about that instead?
>>
>>380962461
Iwata was responsible for the Wii, so isn't that a contradiction?
>>
>>380962389
Major publishers won't give a fuck, the spec difference is too much although way smaller than the Wii and technically possible considering where games waste a GPUs power and how the CPUs are never used well, Switch won't get anything but casual third party games onto the system, even now Capcom is giving it no quarter with their only release being ports.
>>
>>380955608
7m in six months? These greedy gooks are worse than Apple.
>>
File: 1487325816952.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487325816952.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>380962441
>Monster Hunter World
>Wolfenstein
>games that actually matter
>>
>>380962647
Ps vita: 7 million units
Wii U: 13 million units

Atleast you tried
>>
>>380960497
>>380962507
Didn't they make like 15 New Super Mario Bros games? Or did I just imagine them, because I sure the fuck didn't actually play them.
>>
>>380962549
I'm being serious.
No one should be excited over a fucking Animal crossing game, a yoshi yarn game or a kirby game, but there are people legitimately hyped over reused ideas, themes, gameplay etc. That can't get any more basal.

There is no quality standard when it comes to Nintendo, just this false hype that's so loud, it imposes on others. It feels like you are being sold products from Nintendo fans rather than them trying to keep to themselves and enjoy the software.

This is true to meeting one in person.
>>
File: 1456206911027.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456206911027.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>380962240
>one sold more than every single handheld by Nintendo except the DS.
>Game Boy/GBC sold over 110 million
>GBA sold over 80 million
>DS sold over 150 million
wanna retract that statement?
>>
>>380962745
The vita's sold 15 million units.
>>
>>380962886
Prove it
>>
>>380962827
Are you implying my reply wasn't serious?
You're stating the fuckin' obvious, einstein. Nobody with any sort of self respect still buys things from this company after what they've done to us.
>>
>2nd comeback
so you admit that nintendo flopped?
>>
>>380955608
Switch is the revival of Nintendo's handheld business.

Is the switch selling well?
Yes it's doing well.

Is the switch outdoing the DS+Wii?
No it isn't

Nintendo destroyed their console/handheld business to have a hybrid that's selling better than the 3DS but less than their previous combined console/handheld sales. Whether this is a good or bad thing is to be seen but this move has saved Nintendo and will keep them in the spotlight for decades to come.
>>
>>380962827
>but there are people legitimately hyped over reused ideas, themes, gameplay etc
nigger you just tried to say a Monster Hunter game which plays THE EXACT SAME as every other one actually matters, you have no argument or right to complain
>>
>>380962368
On the one hand, the PS4 has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt you don't needv exclusives to sell a console. Technically speaking, it's doubtful you'd gain much from selling PC players on a PS4 for the exclusives over just selling them PS4 games directly on the PC. On the other hand, Sony's making absurd bank on the PSN, which encourages them to sell as many consoles to people as possible. It's still doubtful they're going to squeeze much from a dedicate PC player even with that, but with how well the divisions doing they don't need to work about that very much any way.

The Xbox is in a weird place. It's not actually selling poorly, really. 20 million's not great even with that beating the WiiU. But with the PS4 breaking 60 million and the PR nightmare of the launch, they've been having to bail water pretty hard. A lot of their moves with the Xbone have been about giving to the already bought in users and those with previous Xbox purchases. They've got the strongest console hardware now, thought technically not actually until later in the year, but mid-gen that doesn't matter as much. Strength and price matters, but only when you're still deciding between them. People have already bought in to the PS4 and they're going to need a reason to get the XboxoneX in addition to that. I doubt there's enough of a later comer market, and that Xbox could secure enough of it, to matter at this point. For most, that's going to mean needing a very big reason to get it for the next big multiplat, which is hard when Sony seems to have secured the cancerous "timed exclusive DLC" market for those.

We'll have to see going forward, but I don't really think they're going to catch up this gen like the PS3 did. Even if the gen is as long as the last one.
>>
>>380962738
There isn't a single game that Nintendo has announced that's even better than Yakuza 0.
Metroid Prime 4 is the only potential game with a chance to impress, and they have nothing to show for it.

>>380962637
Nintendo has no third party support and their first party output is slow as fuck.
They are already on track to have a Wii U release schedule once they run out of ports.
>>
>>380962745
Vita is around 10 million units worldwide, but Sony won't give any hard numbers, this is just based on research firms tracking numbers by stores and etailers, not by Sony themselves, but 10 million sounds about right.

BTW if you are using VGchartz as your source for anything you are dead retarded.
>>
>>380962549
>>380962950
Why are you such a pussy that you have to piggyback on others to feel vindicated for your insanity?
>>
File: Sonic_Man.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Man.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
>>380958345
Huge Mario fan here and Odyssey looks like hot garbage. I can't help but think of Sonic 06.
>>
>>380962998
>There isn't a single game that Nintendo has announced that's even better than Yakuza 0
That's because you have shit taste
>>
>>380962998
with the industry as it is right now, the only third party stuff I care about usually pops up on PC, I'm pretty sick of console bullshit, I only deal with Nintendo's nonsense because I like their first party games.
>>
>>380963042
>insanity is hating Nintendo
Another fine example of that golden mentality of hostility.
>>
>>380962943
As of 2014 it sold 10 million, so your 7 million is just wrong
http://www.psvitahub.com/2014/07/ps-vita-sales-near-10-million-mark.html
And VG charts says it's sold 15 million, which is about as good as your sources, which are your ass.
>>
>>380962960
DS/Wii era isn't coming back for anyone in the industry and it's not even necessary to sell those kinds of numbers to be massively successful anyway. Nintendo has also been pursuing other ventures like theme parks and we're getting anime and movie announcements in the near future, so they'll get more sources of revenue.
>>
>>380962998
>Yakuza 0
Metacritic says this game is an 85, which is far lower than BotW. In fact, it's actually shittier than even Minecraft, which is really embarrassing. Did you mean to post about another game? Preferably one that isn't a niche as fuck weeb sim?
>>
File: 1481140382921.png (79KB, 706x674px) Image search: [Google]
1481140382921.png
79KB, 706x674px
>>380963047
>>
>>380955608
of course, every other dev/company is trying to pander to a demographic that doesn't exist, nintendo is the only company that knows that games are about fun and not diversity.
why would I play a game with sassy ass black people crying about whitey when I can dance as mexican in cold desert?
>>
>>380963085
I have better taste than you will ever have.
I can assure you I not only play more games, but I'm better than you in about every single way.
>>
>>380957557
hey goy, buy our console, we have 3 memorable games
>>
>>380963132
Even if it did sell 15 million, is that really anything or brag about? Ponies are so desperate that they are bragging about OUTSELLING THE WII U
>>
>>380962761
They made 4. And only 2 since Galaxy 2.
>>
>>380963120
It's very obvious you're this person
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/JuyuBs20_R7a-yUvr6WzxQ/
And no sane human being reacts this way to a couple of Pokemon games selling well 7 months ago
>>
File: 1495571123518.png (1MB, 477x729px) Image search: [Google]
1495571123518.png
1MB, 477x729px
I swear to god if we don't get a localization of MHXX for Switch I am going to buy it in japanese and try to play it, because I like MH and the gameplay will be the same regardless of language
>>
>>380963161
Breath of the Wild was extremely mediocre. Metacritic is just a tool of hype and media payouts.

Nintendo is no different, they sent out free consoles and games to ensure that game reviewed well.
>>
>>380963163
Nah. I've was playing the original at 3 wearing Mario pajamas. I was raised on fucking Mario.
>>
>>380963220
You should just buy a cheap chinese knock off of XX if you love shitting on the series that much
>>
>>380959056
It has 4 games total
>>
File: 12414155155.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
12414155155.png
16KB, 300x250px
>>380957703
Oh well in that case.
>>
File: 1497744366182.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497744366182.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>380963285
>>
>>380963132

VGchartz is a horrendously inadequate source, but if you're implying that without any support from Sony the Vita sold 5 million additional units in 2 years you're delusional, the Vita has even slown right the fuck down in Japan so why would it sell even more overseas, the Vita sales are unknown with the best value given as greater than 10 million.

without any hard numbers you can't say that the Vita outsold the WiiU, you can't even say that the WiiU outsold the Vita, you can only say, you don't know
>>
File: 1488721934786.png (223KB, 360x867px) Image search: [Google]
1488721934786.png
223KB, 360x867px
>>380962509
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Portable_games
>There are currently 869 games on this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_games
>According to Nintendo of America, there are over 1862 titles available for the Nintendo DS, DS Lite, and DSi as of March 29, 2017.
>>
>>380963295
That's 4 more than I have to play right now
>>
>>380955608
>less than 1/10 PS4 sales
>over

So that means PS4 won?
>>
>>380963358
Fine by me. If you can't come to terms with a differing opinion, oh well.

For me, it's kind of destroying my childhood. I mean wtf is this shit? It ain't Mario...
>>
File: 1464841662443.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464841662443.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>380963295
>It took the PS4 3 years to get 4 games to play
>It took the Switch 1 year
>>
>>380961986
PSP's at its end of life. 3DS is still selling. Doesn't make much sense to compare 10 years of PSP sales to 6 years of 3DS sales. With 3DS at 66 million as of March, it's likely to pass up PSP's 76 million within two years.
>>
>>380956713
Stock is also an issue. In typical nontendo fashion they dont stock enough for the demand.
>>
this is an absolute must buy for me if the virtual console has GameCube games
>>
>>380955608
Well maybe when Nintendo decides to not use Culturalization and localization instead of just Translating the language maybe I will consider. Reggie revealed not even yesterday that they are behind the censorship of games including Xenoblade 2 and are actually censoring their own games in Japan and US to prevent imports*

Source: https://youtu.be/bqvkbDqtRY8
>>
File: 1497428419690.png (295KB, 662x557px) Image search: [Google]
1497428419690.png
295KB, 662x557px
We won lads
>>
>>380963220
PC is getting MH World next year. Good luck with your chinese rune deciphering simulator

Sorry nintenbro! You can cry on my big strong 4K shoulder though :'(
>>
File: 1484438928405.jpg (58KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1484438928405.jpg
58KB, 500x380px
>Thread suddenly filled to the brim with false flaggers where legitimate game and console discussion was being had.

Welp I guess its time to leave the thread the idiots have found it.
>>
>>380963538
Just import them. There are plenty to go around in Europe.
>>
>>380962998
>There isn't a single game that Nintendo has announced that's even better than Yakuza 0.
oh to be a teen again
>>
>>380963461
>wtf
>ellipsis
i was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but that anon might be right
>>
>>380963617
>Good luck with your chinese rune deciphering simulator
Poser monhun fan spotted
>>
>>380955608
nothing is ever truly over
>>
Isn't that still a joke compared to PS4?
>>
>>380958124
If its at 5 million by the end of June then its the complete opposite of not much, that would mean they sorted out the supply constraints and is on its way to 15-20 million easy by the end of next March. Which fyi is 3-8 million higher then their projected 10 million sold this fiscal, cause if they managed 3 million sold in April-June god knows how many they can sell at Christmas, and Japan can easily have a sell through at around 1-1.5 million by Septembers end with Splatoon 2. Fucking magic is being witnessed I believe.
>>
>>380963513
>>It took the PS4 3 years to get 4 games to play

Wut? Even at launch day PS4 got more than 4 games.
>>
I legitimately don't know anybody who owns a switch, or is thinking of buying one.
>>
>>380963720
Name them
>>
>>380963794
because your little slice of the world is indicative of the world as a whole, right?
>>
>>380960261
Its even fucking tracking here in greece, last time anything Nintendo did that was the GBA not even the Wii did that well here, and 350 for the switch right now is like handing over your kidneys.
>>
>>380959094

If they had waited a little bit longer and released it with a PS4 controller to simulate and replicate the Vita touch pad function (allowing for better game comparability) I think the VitaTV would have done better.

I didn't buy one when they were dirt cheap because lack of touch support made several games I wanted to try not compatible.
>>
>>380963845
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Here. Don't even use multiplats or "those are all shit" argument because there are no exclusives or great games on Switch now.
>>
>>380963720
Like what lad?

Don't say something that'll make us mock you now
>>
>>380963931
>country is literally starving and collapsing
>better buy videogames

What the fuck Europe?
>>
File: 1396380700880.jpg (37KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1396380700880.jpg
37KB, 400x320px
>>380964009
HE DID IT

He listed garbage shit trash games and now we have to laugh at him

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>380964009
>No exclusives on switch
>Arms just came out
K
>>
>>380960261

>People fall for Nintendo's fake scarcity strategy for the 500th time

You learn this shit in fucking high school econ, are you all drop outs?
>>
File: smug.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>380964009
>multiplats matter
>>
>>380964009
>no exclusives
wrong
>no great games
subjective opinion

try again fucckid
>>
>>380963163
Yeah super Mario world was like the second game I ever played in my life when I was 3 and the new one looks like shit . I'll stick to Mario 3ds and 64 DS
>>
>>380964096
>>380964112
Ok, name great exclusives released on Switch I can play :^)

>Arms
>good

My sides
>>
>>380964040

>People in misery hellholes want any possible release from their suffering

Wow, you don't say.
>>
Why does Nintendo always win... this shit just isn't fair.
>>
File: 1492376439213.png (79KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492376439213.png
79KB, 420x420px
The niggers of sony are truly on suicide watch.
>>
>>380964176
>multiplats matter on Switch but not on PS4

All Nintendo toddlers are mentally challenged?
>>
>>380964131
Actually, for once there may be something halting production a little.
Nintendo and Apple are in a parts war.
>>
>>380956891
>why is switch successful

Because as last gen demonstrated, it's all about marketing and nothing else.
>>
File: 140302putinsmile.jpg (10KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
140302putinsmile.jpg
10KB, 600x300px
>>380964296
Nintendo exclusive multiplats > Multiple-vendor multiplats (aka cuck games)
>>
>>380964292
>better sales
>more games
>better hardware

Why they should be mad? PS4 outclass Switch in every possible category.
>>
>>380963719
It could do that much, I'm really just doubtful, I mean their lineup is great and Odyssey looks like it may even be able to take the crown, a feat I actually never thought was possible until a few days ago, but, I don't really know. I hope they can keep things up for next year, and I really hope that Marvelous can launch Story of Seasons next year.

>>380964176
They do for most customers, first/second party games don't even matter to the majority of video games customers on playstation/xbox with abuot 1 exception each. on Nintendo it's the opposite with many titles hitting double digit millions, biggest selling game last year, Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>380964096
Yeah but the switch s titles weren't any better and botw is u guys bloodborne

Different nonnie here
>>
>>380964362
>it's not on Nintendo so it's shit

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
File: 1349071023657.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1349071023657.png
16KB, 200x300px
>>380964368
>more games
>but not better games
>>
>>380956891
it's almost like people want to play GOOD video games again.
>>
>>380963538
It's because the technology inside the Switch isn't readily available all the time, so they have to wait extended periods before being able to build more.
>>
File: 1439053132280.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439053132280.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>380964368
>look at all these bad games i have
>>
>>380964491

>Look at all these game I have on my Switch
>>
>>380964516
> what is quality over quantity
>>
>>380957886
>>380960565

And subjectively, like the Switch the PS4 didn't have any good exclusives until 2-4 years later with the release of Bloodborne, Persona 5, and whatnot.
>>
>>380964516
The switch has the best first year lineup of the last 15 years or so
>>
>want to buy a switch
>already watched half of breath of the wild gameplay while procrastinating for exams
why would I even bother now
>>
>>380964452
But they are. PS4 has more higher rated exclusives than Switch.
>>
>>380964263
Video games won't release you
Flee to another country
>>
File: 1439061106079.jpg (189KB, 1119x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1439061106079.jpg
189KB, 1119x1600px
>Sony fans getting saltier and saltier every week

They know they lost.

They can read the writing on the wall.
>>
>>380964557
don't buy it so you can keep making this post every thread
>>
>>380964452
PS4 genuinely has better games. And even monster hunter is going away.

Literally name a good game I need the Switch for.
>>
File: 1496018001486.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496018001486.gif
455KB, 256x256px
>switch has been out like 3 months

>Sonygros are comparing the number of games to ps4
>>
>>380964571
Mfw nier is better than breath of wild. Mfw if u already have a 3ds the switch is obsolete
>>
>>380964662
It's going to PC. You're a retarded cuck if you play it on console
>>
>>380964662
Literally define what you mean by "good game".
>>
>>380961924
>future for us

No thanks. Switch is weak as shit and I don't have the desire to play games out of the house. I know many people have adhd these days but count me out.
>>
File: 1454873022495.png (763KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454873022495.png
763KB, 800x800px
>>380964491
>look at all these good games I have on Switch

oh wait
>>
>>380964662
Mario
Pokemon
BoTW (inb4 but wii-U, still nintendo console)
ARMS
Splatoon

All good games you are unable to play as you are a sony fan.

All first year release.
>>
>>380964672
They really are just grasping at straws, I guess that's all they have for the rest of the year though.
>>
>>380964723
You're also a retarded fanboy if you buy faulty consoles just for special snowflake exclusives
>>
>>380964723
>It's going to PC.
So I don't need a switch. Monster Hunter was a reason to get nintendo consoles.
>>380964740
>nintendofags have so few good games they don't even know what good means anymore
>>
>>380964802
All of these except botw sound fucking terribl
>>
>>380964672
But isn't it Nintendo autists who said "it's over"?
>>
>>380962509
Holy shit the delusion, you are probably the kind of person who thought that third birthday or chains of olympus were good games.

The only console which can even start competing with DS in terms of library is the PS2
>>
>>380964836
>i can't define my own terms
>i'm gonna dodge the question
winning feels great
>>
>>380964802
>Mario
Not out yet.
>Pokemon
Not even a date or a trailer or any information other than "yeah we are making it"
>BoTW (inb4 but wii-U, still nintendo console)
You don't even need my comment.
>ARMS
>Splatoon
Both good I guess but neither make it worth it buy a switch
>>
>>380964802
>games that are not even out and multiplats
>multiplats like Botw count because they are on Nintendo but TLOU somehow don't

hahahahaha oh wow
>>
Can someone post that BotW image, the one with that guy playing BotW and the other side with a guy playing Sony game.
>>
>>380964908
define winning.
>>
>>380964804
>You're retarded if you buy consoles for the only reason to buy consoles

>>380964804
>So I don't need a switch
You don't need a PS4 or a Xbox One either
>>
>>380963631
>Just import them.
and pay over 50% more retard
>>
File: 1441643928093.jpg (19KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1441643928093.jpg
19KB, 454x453px
>S-SURE IT'S A NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE AND I CAN'T PLAY IT BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER

?
>>
>tfw you buy every new Nintendo console when the mainline 3D Mario releases on it

Thank you based gaming
>>
File: 1495116407648.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1495116407648.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>380965005
gaining, resulting in, or relating to victory in a contest or competition.
>>
>>380964804
exclusives are the only reason to buy a console you stupid nigger
>>
>>380965106
So the opposite of what you are doing.
>>
>>380965081
>WHO CARES IF IT'S ON WIIU AND PC, SWITCH IS WORTHWILE GUIZ

?
>>
File: 1489400935210.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1489400935210.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>380964836
>M-monster Hunter matters

This is the best Sony niggers have been able to come up with as a defense
>>
>>380965176
cemu isn't viable kid
>>
>>380965146
So if there were no exclusives and every game were on all consoles you would just stop playing videogames?
>>
>>380965081
This implies most people want to play Nintendo games. Other than botw which can be played on 3 systems now including pc there's nothing interesting on switch. Don't pokemon or mario meme either, no adults care about those manchildren franchises.
>>
>>380965154
you're the one too stupid to define what they mean by "good game". you are unable to continue in this debate, you cannot win, you lose. get over it.
>>
>>380964836
>Monster Hunter was a reason to get nintendo consoles.
Its still gonna get the portable titles exclusively
>>
I've got a couple of really stupid questions.

1. Does the Switch hook up to a TV like a normal console or is it the built in screen only?
2. If I buy a Switch and Mario Kart today can I play 2 player off the bat with that weird controller?
3. Does the weird controller just go together like a normal controller or does it only go on the screen like a Wii U?
>>
>>380965252
Games worth buying a whole console for.
>>
Come back when the Shitch has sold more than 60 mill. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>380965212
>kid

So why people play it on 4k without problems? Why PS3 remasters for PS4 never counted but WiiU games count on Switch?
>>
>>380957557
Also incredible performance for the wattage it uses. I believe it was 17w under full load or something.
>>
>>380965291
completely subjective once again. please don't hurt yourself anonymous. it isn't worth it.
>>
File: 1440995788097.jpg (178KB, 491x713px) Image search: [Google]
1440995788097.jpg
178KB, 491x713px
>>380965218
>>380965316

>cemu isn't a buggy piece of shit

is this the best that the niggers of sony can come up with?
>>
>>380965351
Bullshit
You define good exclusive then.
>>
>>380965284
>Does the Switch hook up to a TV like a normal console
Yes
>If I buy a Switch and Mario Kart today can I play 2 player off the bat with that weird controller?
Yes
>Does the weird controller just go together like a normal controller
Yes, though you won't be able to charge it in that format without buying an accessory.
>>
>>380965391
it's not my job to do so. you made the claim, you must support it.
>>
File: 1484955254849.jpg (81KB, 831x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484955254849.jpg
81KB, 831x960px
>sonybros will never ever ever know the sheer fun of Mario kart
>>
>>380965284
Nigga that is some real stupid questions

connects to tv via dock.
You can play 2 player with those included left and right joycons.
the joycons have a grip you slide them into to make into a controller.
>>
>>380965430
Well I did and you said it was objective.

An exclusive is supposed to sell consoles, right? So they need to be worthy either together or alone to buy a whole console for. So where do you not agree with my argument here?
>>
File: 1486735019894.jpg (45KB, 833x833px) Image search: [Google]
1486735019894.jpg
45KB, 833x833px
>>380956891
>WHY DID WE LOSE, SONY COPOSTERS?
>>
I can see the Switch becoming the go-to platform for JRPGs, even the high end ones tend to use ps3 era graphics still.

And as much as i'd love a JRPG that really pushes PS4 level graphics they'll probably be stuck at PS3 level graphics for a while, so might as well play them on switch.
>>
>>380965375
Most people who want to play Zelda have by now. Whether that's on pc, borrowing someone's wii u, or buying then reselling the switch. Beyond that game no one cares about the switch other than die hard fans that would buy literally anything Nintendo made.
>>
>>380965432
>Modnation Racers
>LittleBig Planet Racers
Whatever. I can boot up literally every Mario Kart save for GP on my PC and play them at resolutions and framerate that would blow your puny mind. They are all but merely mediocre games and I wish no further interactment with them.
>>
File: 1427154908736.jpg (16KB, 255x352px) Image search: [Google]
1427154908736.jpg
16KB, 255x352px
>>380965375
>Nintendo children have shit PC's so it don't count

Not an argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSUG2dO3Hs

Fixed long time ago. I'm going enjoy your tears Nintendo cuck.
>>
>>380965394
you can't charge it in that format without the charging grip which is (((sold))) separately but the standard battery life is 20 hours so not in particular an issue.
>>
File: 1484954098494s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1484954098494s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
Reminder that the niggers of sony you are arguing with are more likely to be members of the union of yuropeon cuckolds!
>>
>>380965375
If cemu is ready by the time mario odyssey comes out I will not even buy a Switch.
>>
>>380965574
>I wish no further interactment with them.
*tips fedora*
>>
File: richard matthew stallman.jpg (9KB, 255x364px) Image search: [Google]
richard matthew stallman.jpg
9KB, 255x364px
>>380965563
>entire thread exists because Nintendo is going to sell 10M this year despite being massively limited by hardware availability

>n-n-n-no one wants a switch w-w-we still won r-r-right s-s-sonybros?
>>
>>380965629
How will you play Switch games with a Wii U emulator?
>>
File: 1472417465646.gif (993KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472417465646.gif
993KB, 1600x900px
>>380957441
yea, christmas and black friday, switch will sell like hotcakes, in west and even in japan, japan love splatoon, west love mario, if nintendo is smart they can make a bundle switch release in november or december with zelda or mario odyssey
>>
>>380965614
Oh that is the thing Console war shitposting needed. /pol/ shitposting added to it.
>>
>>380965629
cemu is a wii u emulator, not switch emulator, nigger.
>>
>>380965394
>>380965503
I know they are. I've not researched it at all and the ads are very unclear. I will never use it as a portable and can't really afford it, but might buy it anyway. Is it backwards compatibility with Wii U?
>>
>>380965684
Red and White joycon Mario Odyssey bunduru

Yes please.
>>
File: 1433796272002.jpg (28KB, 192x214px) Image search: [Google]
1433796272002.jpg
28KB, 192x214px
>>380955608
What would a successful Switch mean? Third party developers are just going to make shit ports and shovelware obviously, but will NIntendo actually put some effort into rejuvenating their IPs?
>>
>>380965683
>>380965704
So I have to get one if I want that mario game?

How far is switch emulation because I really don't want to buy a nintendo console ever again.
>>
File: 1475024340349.jpg (14KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475024340349.jpg
14KB, 250x238px
>>380965629
>>
File: 1402608665415.jpg (28KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1402608665415.jpg
28KB, 324x291px
>>380965614
>Nintendo fans lost all arguments so they have to resort to underage angry name calling only
>>
>>380965689
Why yes it is my muzzie infested coposter!
>>
>>380965506
i said it was subjective.
you started out saying the ps4 was better because it had more games, then switched to "it's better because it has better games", and now we're arguing what exactly you mean by "better games". i guess i disagree with your movement of the goalposts, for starters.
>>
>>380965758
>How far is switch emulation
Nigger. It just came out. Give it at least 2 years. Wii U emulation is only now starting to get playable.
>>
>>380965689
>>380965775
Found some yuros
>>
>>380956891
I don't have a Switch myself, I actually found it very useful. The best gimmick is that dual controller thing, you can literally with anyone no matter where or when.
There is a partner at job that always lets you play Mario Kart with him, it is fun.
>>
>>380965815
>it had more games,
I never said that. I said it had good exclusives you massive faggot. That is literally all that matters.

That was a different poster. You might want to look into how posting on 4chan works. The name anonymous isn't all me.

Jesus is some nintendo board down or something?
>>
>>380965614
>Yuropeaon
Is this American education in action or something? Never did I imagine someone could fuck up spelling to this degree..
>>
File: 1397320387192.jpg (63KB, 331x402px) Image search: [Google]
1397320387192.jpg
63KB, 331x402px
>>380965775
>wahh name calling
>l-look at my g-golden face, im not mad at all!
fucking lel. the words and imagery of an asshurt baby trying to save face.
>>
>>380965740
>backwards compat with wiiu

No, it's an Arm based processor while the WiiU was PPC, sp backwards compat is out of the question, dropping PPC was a good decision going forwards though, it's either Arm or x86 nowadays. I wouldn't even say the Switch is worth buying now though, wait for some games, this year, lots of good games coming, depends on taste I guess though.
>>
>>380965859
It took the Wii U 4 years and only thats because they got ahold of documents
>>
>>380965614
I love how /pol/ hates white people now.
>>
>>380965815
Not him but PS4 has both more and more better games. One dosen't collide with other you idiot.
>>
File: 1486711128499.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1486711128499.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>380965758
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>>380965740
>Is it backwards compatibility with Wii U?
Nope. Different architecture and since the gimmick is being portable, it couldn't play the physical medium anyway. This is also largely a consequence of the WiiU being built on the architecture they had since the fucking Gamecube, which it can even play natively with a hack. I'm not sure how difficult figuring out some way to play them digitally would've been, but certainly more trouble than it was worth for Nintendo. They still haven't even unified VC purchases across the consoles yet, so it would've been a vain hope anyway.
>>
>>380965968
America v. Europe shitposting has been rampant since /n/.
>>
>>380965943
I'll play Zelda and Mario Kart. My girlfriend will like Mario Kart too. Then Mario Odyssey. To be honest with the PS4 ice been so starved of games, but with a Switch too I think I'll be reasonably happy.
>>
>>380966032
Yeah but it was usually "you are not really european" "well you are poor"
Now its all "fuck europeans"
I mean are there only black people left so everyone gangs up on europeans now?
>>
>>380965903
then why'd you jump into the middle of someone elses argument? no wonder there's no actual discussion here.

you still haven't defined "good game." "good" is subjective. what is good to me won't necessarily be good to you. it's not that hard.
>>
File: 1408127219236.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1408127219236.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>380965941
Nice argument. As expected from Nintendo fan intelligence level.

So like what cool exclusives you playing on Switch again?
>>
>>380959034
And that's without FIFA. If the Switch port is actually good and sells (which there's no reason it won't since it looks to be a near fully featured port) then it'll be a legit system on Europe (and EA might actually bother to support it this time).
>>
>>380966094
Honestly all you are doing is just shitposting. I know nothing I will say will get through that thick skull to you.
I rather discuss this with the other slightly more adult nintendofags.
>>
>>380966027
>it couldn't play the physical medium anyway
What's a USB DVD drive?
>since the gimmick is being portable
"portable" in 2017 is now 2.5 hours of battery life and bulky
>>
>>380966134
>which there's no reason it won't
Nobody wants to play games on these small joke controllers.
Unless Fifa Switch comes with a bunch of pro controllers it is not going to sell switches to fifags
>>
File: 89523405.jpg (9KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
89523405.jpg
9KB, 257x196px
>>380966114
>dat passive aggression
holy shit, kek. sonybros are going to commit suicide en masse by the time Mario hits and the holiday sales come. they're fucking losing it.
>>
>>380966173
so you're backing down and i win? great, thank you. have a nice day.
>>
>>380965614
>you will never be so mad over video games like Nintendo kids
>>
>>380966261
I am embarrassed for you. I hope you are sonyfag false-flagging as the most retarded nintendo fanboy.
>>
>>380966083
If you didn't buy WiiU yeah man Mario Kart 8 is some great stuff, personally it's my second favourite behind Duoble Dash just because the double dash gimmick was so well done, but the track design and controls are way better, and there's like 40 something tracks.

Try Splatoon too, it's really well done, best tps I've played in years.
>>
File: 1440848156307.jpg (18KB, 270x208px) Image search: [Google]
1440848156307.jpg
18KB, 270x208px
>mfw sony fans are committing suicide on /v/ by the time of holidays this year
>>
I like video games.
>>
>sony thread
>game discussion.
>nintendo thread
>shitposting central

This is why all the good nintendo games are singleplayer only. Because interaction with these people is cancer.
>>
File: 1403119109201.png (20KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1403119109201.png
20KB, 390x470px
>>380966249
>asked what cool exclusives he's playing now
>... U ARE MAD HURR SONY HURR
>>
>>380966310
and i for you. what kind of person gets so hung up on console wars and fanboyism?
>>
>>380966220
>What's a USB DVD drive?
Nigga the point is to be able to play it like a handheld, which means more than letting it sit on an airplane table. You're not going to be carrying a USB DVD drive to the park, on a bus, or any where but a train or a plane. Your office, I guess. I wasn't even thinking of a USB DVD drive, but one built into the system. The PSP showed how much of a shit show that could be too.

>"portable" in 2017 is now 2.5 hours of battery life and bulky
That's what it was in 2011 with the 3DS too. The battery life part, anyway. The Switch hits about the same range as the 3DS got across a variety of games. Then we got the XL, which the Switch is only slightly wider than and thinner than anyway. Same for the Vita. People consider tablets portable, and a lot are more unwieldy than the Switch.
>>
>>380966471
You apparently.

I just wanted good games because I plan on buying a switch with odyssey and I don't want to regret buying it
But apparently I need to write a dissertation on what good means first.
>>
>>380966315
Wait til E3 next year, it's going to be the funniest shit you've seen in years.

>>380966394
>the nintendo fans are shitposting their own threads
>>
>>380966557
>>the nintendo fans are shitposting their own threads
I mean yeah. Look at this thread.
>>
File: 1403448397232.gif (1MB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1403448397232.gif
1MB, 240x232px
>>380966315
>w-we will show you!.. just not today!

This is my favorite argument of all
>>
File: 1497174849298.jpg (57KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1497174849298.jpg
57KB, 600x798px
Switch sells 10m units, then what? Ps5/xbox 2 will be out half way through the switch life and make it look even worse. All it sells are Nintendo games that don't appeal to normies like multiplats. Nintendo doesn't have the violence level to attract the Lions share of the market.

Even if they sell 10m they won't have accomplished anything. 10m isn't even noteworthy anymore.
>>
>>380956891
It is successful because the wii u was such garbage that the nintenbros latched onto the next possible light in nintendos intestines. They realise sooner or later that it was just another slimy turd.
>>
File: 1389608609993.jpg (192KB, 1000x779px) Image search: [Google]
1389608609993.jpg
192KB, 1000x779px
>>380966448
shh, no more tears, sonybro.
>>
>>380966642
To be fair mario odyssey is actually a system seller and exclusive.
>>
File: avat.png (73KB, 151x176px) Image search: [Google]
avat.png
73KB, 151x176px
>>380956891
>IT WAS DOOMED TO FAILURE
>IT'S NOT FAIR
Keep crying sonybros
>>
>>380966649
>s-sales don't even matter anymore

lmao, clockwork.
>>
NDS projected to sell more than the PS4 and Xbone combined!

Bringing a glorious future of gameplay over graphics!
>>
>>380966619
Flawless logic
>>
>>380966543
you're the one flinging console-based insults here, not me. either way, all i wanted to do was call you out on your retarded shit and kill some time. i don't really care. it's just a mongolian sewing pattern board after all.
>>
>>380966663
Its also funny how Nintendo basically decided to just stop on the wiiu and put everything interesting on the switch.

So many of the games could've been on wiiu too but they rather fuck over their fanbase.
Who are now defending them

Nintendofags have stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>380964748
Assimilate or be destroyed anon. You have no other option.
>>
File: CrashTeamRacingNACover[1].png (140KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
CrashTeamRacingNACover[1].png
140KB, 256x255px
>>380965432
We experienced the best kart experience to this day like two decades ago lad almost.
Get with the times

And you know you know what game I'm talking about even before you unspoil the image because you know I'm fucking right
>>
File: 1378779789103.jpg (40KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1378779789103.jpg
40KB, 800x804px
>>380966674
>he's still replying
>he still don't have any argument
>he's still can't answer simple question
>he's still can only use "u mad" response because of his age as Nintendo fan
>>
File: ps4isbetter.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ps4isbetter.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>not being an idort
>>
>>380966795
Its not like my sale really matters. I know that. But this discussion definitely put a big weight on the scale for me to not get a switch

If asking for good games results in this kind of shitposting you really must have nothing.
>>
>>380966649
This is another long gen man, you're looking at a PS4-3 before you see a Switch 2.
>>
>>380966746
But PS4 sold better than Switch m8
>>
>>380966843
I'll just keep playing on pc thanks. Not gonna buy a system with 3 games a year when I can play one with dozens of games a year and a 10k game library already. In fact my backlog would probably take 10 years to finish.
>>
>>380956891
>W-WHY IS IT SELLING. IT'S SHIT GUYS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP BUYING IT BECAUSE I SAY IT'S SHIT
Enjoying your tears. Delicious.
>>
>>380966813
the wii u was an inherently flawed design from the get go. it was a shit gamble Nintendo and fans had to endure. the Switch, however, is an incredibly well designed machine, whose only "gimmick" is an optional way of playing. Nintendo fans support the Switch, because Nintendo actually listened to their feedback.

any more shit you want to spew, bitch?
>>
>>380966920
buy a switch or don't, your choice. i recommend it, i think it has a bright future, but i'm not gonna sit here and try to convince you. make a decision like a big boy.
>>
>>380967027
>haha you can't stop us from eating shit
>>
>>380966861
>he still don't have
>he's still can't
>he's still can
Are all Sonyfags 3rd worlders with no grasp of the English language?
>>
>>380967063
>Maybe if I keep saying it's shit it'll stop selling
Sorry sonybro the numbers don't lie
>>
File: howardheader.jpg (32KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
howardheader.jpg
32KB, 530x298px
>>380966972
Good to hear, can I see your steam library? Asking for a friend haha
>>
>>380966924
Maybe switch will have some games by the time the ps4-3 launches so Nintendo fans can post them instead of shitposting
>>
File: 90+ on metatric.png (303KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
90+ on metatric.png
303KB, 800x1011px
>>380955608
NO

NOOOOOOOOO

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR COMEBACK YEAR

XBOX ONE X WAS SUPPOSED TO DESTROY YOUR PISSY LITTLE TABLET

IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>380966678
post source that it sold better than Uncharted 4 and Switch sold better than PS4

>inb4 I can't but we will show you... just not today
>>
>>380967119
Yes Todd I'll buy skyrim super remix deluxe creation club edition, don't worry.
>>
>>380967051
>the Switch, however, is an incredibly well designed machine
Isn't it scratching and bending and completely shit? And weak?
>whose only "gimmick" is an optional way of playing
Which makes it weaker than your average smartphone exactly. That is a huge problem.
>Nintendo fans support the Switch, because Nintendo actually listened to their feedback.
So what did Nintendo fans say
"please stop giving us good games for the WiiU which we bought" "please make supporting nintendo at that time a complete waste of money and time and just delay everything and put it on the next console we will have to buy"
That is nintendofan wishes? You guys hate your money and you love cuckoldry?
>>
>>380967051
Incredibly well designed? You mean the pre 2010 tech, the abhorrent controllers?
Oh I know it is that cool feature so the monitor can stand? Nono wait.. It is the docking station that gives the Switch EVEN more pre 2010 tech power?

Fuck off delusional nintenfag, you will realise it eventually.
>>
I'd just like to point out that ps4 has sold approx 15m units a year since release so if you want to say Nintendo wins really they should be shooting for 16m at a minimum.
>>
>>380967142
>sonybros get fucking TOLD so bad ITT they resort to false flagging as Xbots

lmfao. how's it feel getting utterly annihilated on both fronts in gaming? Microsoft is raping your claims to power, and Ninty is about to take the crown of exclusives.

rev up that exit bag, nigger.
>>
>>380955608
The WiiU sold much better than this, and we all know how that turned out. It is indeed over.
>>
File: 1488631451878.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488631451878.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>380967051
>the Switch, however, is an incredibly well designed machine
>>
PS4 sold 10m before one year was even finished.
So even the highest estimates for Nintendo don't even scratch the ps4.

Both of them are doing incredibly well but Nintendo is only doing well FOR NINTENDO
>>
>>380967349
>Nintendo or MS
>raping Sony in anything
>>
>>380967307
>Which makes it weaker than your average smartphone exactly.
What did he mean by this?
>>
@380967307
>weaker than your average smartphone

don't reply to obvious false bait
>>
>>380967349
>Another Xnigger latching to Nintendo

kek, shouldn't you be begging Nintenbros to get an XBL account to play Minecraft?

Back to your hole, you snivelling Redmond shill. The master alliance is strong.
>>
>>380967487
DELETE THIS
>>
>>380967394
>Pre-patch BOTW
Opinion Discarded
>>
>>380967542
>@

???
>>
>>380966315
i only realised why the picrelated edit fits so well
>>
File: b72.jpg (32KB, 580x365px) Image search: [Google]
b72.jpg
32KB, 580x365px
>>380967206
Thanks bud, I'll release TES VI in 2024 just for you.
>>
>>380967604
He doesn't want to give him an upv- I mean (You).
>>
>>380967129
I think it's more can the PS4 even keep pace with the Switch, by the looks of things, not even slightly.
>>
>>380967569
post source that patch fixed framerate
>>
@380967604
so he doesn't give out free (You)'s
>>
>>380967721
>Wanting to be spoonfed
Fuck no
>>
Don't worry. I'll give them your (You)s since you can't.
>>380967542
>>380967307

>>380967817
>>380967604
>>
>>380965758
Odds are we will get PS4 emulation before Switch emulation.
>>
>>380967604
doesn't deserve a youvote
>>
>>380968025
WHAT? PS3 Emulation is still far off. Nintendo emulation is far far easier.
>>
>>380967542
>Posted by your average phoneposter
Eat poopoo and kys
>>
>>380967865
So you pulled this out of your ass? I know Switch is garbage but you are pathethic.
>>
@380967965
now this is autism
>>
>>380968059
Ps3 is a clusterfuck in terms of design, whole different deal.
>>
>>380968102
>>380967965
>>
>>380968094
Maybe quit being a lazy bastard and use google instead of trying to be spoonfed you faggot
>>
>>380968214
So PS4 emulation will be easier than ps3 emulation?
>>
>>380968228
>go to google

Not an argument. I know you are underage but this is not how conversation work. Burden of proof lies upon you.
>>
>>380968279
I don't know and 99% of the people who might talk about it around here don't know either, but that's the impression I get.
>>
>>380968356
>define what good means
>I can't google

Please tell me you are the same guy and that there is only one retard like you in the world.
>>
File: 1308407634359.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1308407634359.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
Did anyone else genuinely want the Switch to fail?

Paid online is unacceptable and now I'm goign to have to shell out an extra 20 bucks just to evolve a fucking haunter. Fuck Microsoft for somehow convincing everyone it was a good thing while simultaneously having the shittiest online service.
>>
Gimme a (you), (you) fixer, I'll give you a picture of a cheeseburger in exchange
>>
File: IMG_3226.jpg (402KB, 1024x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3226.jpg
402KB, 1024x1020px
>>380955608
>>
>>380968519
That is not how the bot works

This is
@380968519
>>
>>380968515
if switch fails, it won't be because of paid online which became an industry standard after sony took it from microsoft
>>
File: 1486373548189.jpg (120KB, 960x876px) Image search: [Google]
1486373548189.jpg
120KB, 960x876px
>>380968579
Well you gave me a (you), so you have a cheeseburger
>>
>>380968579
>>380968519
>>
>>380968486
>claim something
>post source
>go to google!

Why can't you accept fact that Switch is garbage and Zelda runs like shit on it? Being Nintendo drone removes all brain cells completely? Do you even realize you making laughing stock of yourself?
>>
fucking nintentoddlers
your shitty product is the reason why video games will never be taken seriously
>>
File: 1490250258337.jpg (187KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1490250258337.jpg
187KB, 1600x1067px
>>380968650
>>
Out of curiosity, how far does the Switch lag behind the other consoles in terms of specs? I still don't believe people in saying that it's underpowered, and it's pretty overpowered for a handheld.
>>
>>380968752
A few years behind.
>>
>>380968691
This is obvious b8 but I'm wondering if there's anyone who actually thinks this

For what reason would someone want video games to be 'taken seriously'? What do they even mean by that?
>>
>>380968798
more like 13
>>
>>380957557
>unique system
It's literally a tablet
>>
>>380968690
Because you're a wrong faggot and want info spoonfed to you that you can easily google
>>
>>380967694
As opposed to what you've heard, when someone drives around the track and passes you a second time they're ahead, not trying to keep pace.
>>
>>380968930
>spoonfed

Backing up your claim with source is normal in every discussion Nintendo toddler. You said something stupid, got caught lying and now pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>380969024
I wouldn't be surprised if that is how it works in mario cart.
>>
>>380968805
Do you know what cultural ghetto is?
It is where comic books are right now
>>
>>380969042
>You said something stupid, got caught lying and now pretending to be retarded.
Actually you're the one lying and pretending to be retarded considering you don't wanna spend 5 seconds on Google
>>
>>380967394
It's a really good handheld system, so yes it is pretty well designed. BotW being poorly optimized doesn't change that. Fast RMX Neo runs at 60fps for example. They are two different games by different developers.

>>380968690
https://youtu.be/w6NkNgI1ssw

Here you go, man. You can skip around to every minute mark or so for different areas.
>>
>>380966649
>Switch sells 10m units, then what? Ps5/xbox 2 will be out half way through the switch life and

Still have no games or bland samey shooters and sports respectively?
>>
>>380969024
But that's not what's happening, PS4 is getting dunked on by Switch, you will never see a better year for the PS4 and the Switch just outdid it in it's first, just need that fully BTFO of Super Mario Odyssey 95+ on metacritic to seal that deal.
>>
>>380969186
>5:10
>drops to 20fps

So you proved my point about Switch being piece of shit?
>>
>>380969140
And video games will be forever
There never will be a video game for adults. Manchildren is the highest videogames will ever get.
>>
>>380969297
Ps4 has already sold 60 million copies and has like 100 games. Switch would need a 95 on mario just to be relevant for another month.
>>
>>380969358
I knew you'd say something like that, which is why I replied to your earlier post with an argument already.
>>
>>380969372
Oh it is obvious which side you are on this.
>>
>>380955608
How much are websites paid to call the Switch a video game console and not a handheld(which it is)?
>>
>>380969440
You claimed that patch fixed shitty framerate and discarded my argument for that. Now that you were caught lying don't try to move goalposts with "b-but it's handheld!"
>>
>>380969483
>Oh it is obvious which side you are on this.
Reality?
>>
>>380969616
No, on the safe side.
The conservative side.
>>
File: IMG_1282.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1282.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>380955608
I feel like the success of the Switch is differently paced than that of the Wii and Pokémon Go. Those two things got hot so fast that they were destinied to burn out.

Everbody was probably very skeptical about going into Switch development after the Wii U, especially western devs. You saw that EA guy coming out on stage during their presentation, telling everyone just how much he loves Nintendo and how he named his kid Luigia, and even so, his combined effort with Nintendo could only secure a measly PS3/360 port of FIFA on the Switch.

Now, people are coming back from E3, saying that the Switch port of FIFA is actually GOOD and that they put some effort into it. That alone, along with all the Japanese stuff in the pipeline will probably guarantee a library that is just as interesting and diverse as the PS4.

That Nintendo is also adding tons of Waifus to their games, like Zelda and Mario, also helps
>>
>>380969691
What is the other side? I don't think trying to make adult games is somehow "unsafe" or is going to change anything. They are just going to fail.
>>
>>380969612
I didn't actually claim anything. You were arguing with someone else, and looking back through the quotes I don't think he claimed the framerates weren't shitty either.
But, you asked for proof that the patch improved them, so there you go.
>don't try to move goalposts with "b-but it's handheld!"
I'm not. I never made any argument that the Switch is a great home console. But, it is a great handheld system.
>>
>>380956891
>I admit I don't understand anything about the market
>it was doomed to fail, so says me
>>
Seeing /v/ crying because Nintendo is doing well is so satisfying
>>
>>380969760
Honestly it's kinda smart what Nintendo did, they launched the console at the beginning of the year with a "soft" quiet launch, and then the holidays are gonna roll around and it's gonna be the main event because at that point, Mario, Zelda, Spla2n and a bunch of other games are gonna be there and it's going to be a mad rush for those fucking consoles.
>>
>>380969836
>>380969836
>I didn't actually claim anything.
>It wasn't me!

So why do you jump into middle of discussion of other people without even admitting?

>But, you asked for proof that the patch improved them, so there you go.

But it shows absymal framerate after patch. In fact worse than I posted. Pretending you are other guy don't help you much. You, or both of you were wrong.
>>
>>380969831
You do realize that art games do not need to prove their existence? They already exist.
Many artists have done art games as exhibitions, they are not just sold on platforms.

It is easier to just keep making games for general audience. It is the exact same with movies. The really art house movies are not shown in cinema. Some of them make into the big screen.

The more serious video games get exposure, the more opinion towards video games will change.
>>
I wonder if the Switch sales will die off like the Wii U did. This time there at least seems to be games coming in the first year.
>>
>>380969865
It is funny that kids here lose their shit because consoles they don't play are doing well. They don't understand if Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all do well it forces all three companies to try harder.
>>
>>380970072
In the UK it seems to be sold out everywhere, so it's going to smash the Christmas period for sure
>>
>>380970072
I doubt it will die off like the Wii U. Joe public had no idea what the Wii U was. Once all the Nintendo fans had bought the console there was nobody else left to buy it.

This time seems different though. Even my dudebro mates, who know nothing about vidya beyond FIFA, are actually impressed with the system.
>>
>>380970038
>You do realize that art games do not need to prove their existence? They already exist.
So do adult comic books. It doesn't change anything.
>Many artists have done art games as exhibitions, they are not just sold on platforms.
And they are jokes. Both to many gamers and to artist and "normies"
Literally only the people making the same kind of art are circlejerking about it. The main audience of artsy indie games is other artsy indie games makers. Its like a circle of people sniffing each others farts.
>It is easier to just keep making games for general audience. It is the exact same with movies.
Movies are different. Movies have proven they can be art. Movies have fought and earned that definition. Comic books and games haven't and never will.
>>
>>380969927

I honestly couldn't imagine trying to pick up a console, and every game I want on it that comes out this year, plus accessories. Holy fuck that's a huge wad of cash to blow all at once.
>>
>>380970224
Yeah, but the Wii U sold out everywhere too, because Nintendo never ship enough consoles.
I can see the Switch sales being strong towards the end of the year, when Mario Odyssey comes out, but 2018 might be dry. They really need to drop an Animal Crossing or something so it picks up.
>>
>>380970038

Nobody wants to play those. Fuck your art.
>>
>>380970357
>Yeah, but the Wii U sold out everywhere too,

No, it didn't. Preorders did. But it sat on store shelves for months. Especially after the first month.
>>
File: full[1].jpg (97KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].jpg
97KB, 707x1000px
>>380970072
Well, the planets have aligned in a way that you now have the following scenario
>Japanese games are getting mainstream popular again
>The Switch is way easier to develop for than the Wii U was
>You have tons of 3DS and Vita developers that need a new place to be

The last couple of localizations are trickling out on the 3DS right now, but where do you think the next SMT game is gonna be? The next Senran Kagura? The next Etrian Odyssey?

Big screen 2D is coming back!!
>>
I bought a Switch mostly for fun, in reality I've never bought a console at launch before. Didn't buy my NES or SNES, and got my N64 7 months into its lifespan.

I've got to say, I don't... Really see the appeal of console wars. Like why am I supposed to be happy that things are going poorly for the competition?
>>
>>380970853
>faggot ellipsis
hi redd*t :)
>>
>>380970719
I think Etrian Odyssey is going to die with the 3ds
>>
File: 1460569230591.jpg (38KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1460569230591.jpg
38KB, 320x320px
>>380959056
Odota ny saakeli loppuvuoteen asti, mitä sä olisit edes pelaamassa
>>
>>380970719
The 3DS isn't going away until at least 2018, pushing 2019. The Switch needs more system sellers throughout those years.
>>
File: 1478709900502.jpg (15KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478709900502.jpg
15KB, 196x197px
>>380956891
Agree with you 100% kek, look at all these angry virgin butt hurt responses to you. The switch is garbage and the only people who defend it are virgins and morons who regret buying one. Enjoy your 400 dollar Super Mario Odyssey system. 400 dollars for a system with a whole 4 games wow! what a fucking bargain!
>>
File: Nintendo_Size_Chart_by_joshl.png (72KB, 1701x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Size_Chart_by_joshl.png
72KB, 1701x300px
>>380970357
The Wii U suffered because EA sent back their dev-kits even before it came out, but even though it was readily available and unpopular, it's undeniable that it had a handful of absolute fantastic bangers.

EA is hardly the only publisher in the world, but their move sent a signal that made other western devs keep clear off the system completely. In a way, it's sorta Nintendo's Dreamcast.

I think the added value of getting a Wii U now is also the slightly larger library of quality Wii games that it can play AND output easily on a modern TV via HDMI, which the Wii never supported out of the box.

I'd suggest any collector of retro gaming to get into the Wii U now where it's cheap, because I bet it's gonna go up in price 10 years from now.
>>
>Release Zelda
>Console sells
Hmmmmm
>>
>>380959056
Zelda is nt yet properly emulated and its probably the best game of its genre
Super mario odyssey will be ficking great
You can play anywhere
What the fuck are you still waiting for?
>>
>>380971290
Don't forget that it's a GOOD Zelda too.
>>
>>380968752
If 360/PS3 is like 2005 PC technology, and PS4/Xbone are 2010 PC technology, Switch is comparable to 2007 PC technology.
>>
>>380971362
>Abandon previous console
>No sales
Hmmmm
>>
>>380971364
Tegra X1 was made in 2015 you dumb cunt.

PS4 and Xboxone cpus are ANCIENT.

In terms of power the switch is FAR more powerful but the soc is gimped due to power consumption as it's a handheld.
>>
>>380971446
exactly the reason I'm not buying a switch - I'm interested in it only as a portable and if it fails to deliver then ninty might release the "real" handheld
>>
>>380971142
The problem is that those games aren't even already out, most people basically spent 400$ only for a shitty wii u port machine. As another anon said it's exactly like the first years of PS4, it's selling for not a single good reason, people are being retarded for the sake of being consumer retards and that's it. The difference is that nintendo friends desperately try to sell themselves as elitist and the switch as the ultimate esclusive machine when in reality it's the opposite.
>>
>>380971536
It's a mobile chip though, it's far less powerful than a desktop chip because of that.
>>
>>380971364
switch is a handheld retard
>>
>>380971536
And interms of power I'm taking about how efficient it is not brute power.

The switch can do more with less.
>>
File: 1481884604268.png (235KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481884604268.png
235KB, 512x480px
>>380970719
>but where do you think the next Etrian Odyssey is gonna be?
>>
>>380956891
>why is it successful
>it was doomed to failure
if it's successful then it was never doomed retard
>>
>>380971364
>Switch hardware is better than 360/PS3.
I seriously doubt it, even botw runs like crap.
>>
>>380970719
>but where do you think the next SMT
It's probably going straight into the trash where it belongs.
>The next Senran Kagura?
I can see it coming as a downloadable title for the PS4
>The next Etrian Odyssey
Into the trash.
>>
>>380971592
It is a mobile chip Yes but I'm talking about efficiency.

For the size of the chip it outputs similar performance but require far less power.

Due to a modern architecture.
>>
>>380971759
>even botw runs like crap.

botw looks better than a PS3/360 game
>>
>>380971759
>I seriously doubt it
People also doubt the earth is round.
>>
File: WYzM6[1].jpg (118KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WYzM6[1].jpg
118KB, 768x1024px
>>380971817
Two out of three of those games are already announced for the Switch
>>
>>380971731
see
>>380971548
It was doomed to fail as the ps4 was doomed to fail, because there is not a single real reason to buy it. But consumers are that unpredictable and irrational.
>>
>>380971548
Yup, pretty much this.
>>
>>380971964
Don't care about weebshit desu. Enjoy, I guess.
>>
File: ;D.jpg (24KB, 316x301px) Image search: [Google]
;D.jpg
24KB, 316x301px
>>380971548
>muh scalpers means the machine is shit!!

lol fuck off
>>
>>380971759

The Wii U was more powerful than the PS3/360 and the Swtch in handheld mode is as powerful as two Wii Us.
>>
>>380971608
And? I'm comparing their performence and you can easily do that across mobile/non-mobile deceives.
>>380971759
Switch is more powerful than PS3/PS4 for sure, even Wii U had more powerful hardware than them and Switch is slightly better than Wii U.

BOTW is a more technically demanding game than the vast majority of PS3/360 games and on Switch it runs at a higher resolution than nearly every game on those systems.
>>
>>380971548
>it's exactly like the first years of PS4

lol, PS4 took over a year for their first killer game to come out, Switch had one out of the gate.
>>
>>380972140
Switch is more powerful than PS3/360**
>>
>>380972206
uhh I think you had it right the first time :)
>>
File: 1497553943155.jpg (181KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
1497553943155.jpg
181KB, 473x355px
>>380956891
Eh, it's just nintendo fags loving to eat shit as usual. If it comes out of nintendos shithole it must be good right?
>>
>>380972184

And the PS4 took several years to have anything else worth playing on the system. I think it's up to what, 5 now? The Switch is going to easily blow past that and lap it a few times in it's first year alone.
>>
File: Nintendo_Switch_SHIT.png (557KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Switch_SHIT.png
557KB, 1024x739px
>>380972064
>>380972184
>>380971731
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>380972439
Irony
>>
>>380956891
Its simple. Its the same overall concept of Off-TV play as the Wii U but the Wii U failed because It was a semi-portable home console, tethered and limited by its range.
The Switch is a handheld you can plug into a TV. Thats a much better concept because even though it sacrifices power, and needs charging now and again, its highly portable. Meaning you can slip it into a backpack and easily take it anywhere with you, and then you can simply connect it up to a TV to play it fullscreen, if its needed.

It also capitalised on the concept of duplicity. The more switches each person has the potentially more people can play right there at once.

I should think kids and adults alike are going to eat up the opportunity to have on the go co-op experiences. Developers should be going crazy making games like this in my opinion, because they WILL sell. Imagine a co-op crystal chronicles styled game on the Switch.
>>
>>380972253

The PS4 and Xbox One might have more actual raw power than the Switch. They just never, ever, ever use it.
>>
>>380972184
Which was a wii u port. You know, the wii u that also has a lot of good games that switch doesn't have and won't have while also being cheaper, but it's not like that those people care about games and their own money, otherwise they would have bought a wii u instead of something as utterly useless as the switch. And don't even try to use the handheld excuse when the 3ds library exists. The most ironic thing is that switch is completely useless especially for nintendo fans. The situation will change and all, but that's the current reality about switch's sale, people acted like wild consumer sheep.
>>
I honestly for some strange reason feel bad for you autistic war consoling children, What is life like on your end?
>>
File: Nintendo_Switch_Fired_From_IGN.png (372KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Switch_Fired_From_IGN.png
372KB, 800x800px
>>380972485
Really makes you think huh?
>>
File: fff (2).png (127KB, 324x384px) Image search: [Google]
fff (2).png
127KB, 324x384px
>>380972685
>IGN
>>
>>380972184
IIRC, PS4 got good PS3 ports pretty early as well.
>>
>>380972184
>Switch had one out of the gate.

BOTW is multiplat, not exclusive. PS4 had TLOU and multiple miliion selling multiplats too.
>>
File: rip (2).jpg (230KB, 1080x941px) Image search: [Google]
rip (2).jpg
230KB, 1080x941px
>>380973286
WiiU is dead my man, get over it.
>>
>>380973351
so what?
>>
>>380973286
TLOU had already been released when it came to the PS4 you fucking moron
>>
File: stupid2.png (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stupid2.png
244KB, 640x480px
>>380973410
you're beyond helpless
>>
>Sonythings still asspained that Switch is a success and the fantasies they've had about Nintendo going 3rd party is dead

Jesus christ the level of thirst you all have is sad. Can't you just be content with your 'Cinematic Diversity Enrichment Experiences'?
>>
>>380973497
>>380973419

not an argument
>>
>>380956891
Because it's a nintendo console. they all sell pretty well.

the only issue with the Wii U was that people were confused about whether or not it was a Wii. "SHADDUP BILLY I ALREADY GOT YOU A WII"
>>
File: tsf_by_haxorxor-d97d20e.jpg (123KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tsf_by_haxorxor-d97d20e.jpg
123KB, 1600x1000px
>>380973581
yes it is haha
>>
>>380973419
And Zelda was released on WiiU so I don't have to buy Switch, your point Nintendo autist?

>>380973516
Nintendo completely lost home console market to Sony so they are handheld company. This is utter defeat.
>>
>>380956927
Poorfag detected. I paid $3000 so far on all my PC upgrades for VR and bought a Switch for those Nintendo exclusives. Why get into the hobby if you can't afford it? Fucking poorfags.
>>
>>380973639
>name calling
>argument

Maybe in Nintendo kindergarten
>>
>>380973752
>I don't have to buy Switch

okay
>>
>>380973606
>wii u didn't sell for stupid reasons.
>switch is selling only for stupid reasons.
Man, sometimes I hate humanity.
>>
>>380973419
Both TLOU and Zelda was released on 2 systems. However TLOU was actually superior on PS4 unlike Zelda on Switch. If anything TLOU on PS4 count more than Zelda on Switch. You defending your console with shitty port.
>>
>>380973824
oops! I'm sorry if I offended you my b
>>
>>380973991
Yes, and one of those systems was already in the middle of being discontinued. If you can't see the difference here then I don't know what else to say; Nintendo isn't looking to reclaim just the WiiU market.
>>
>>380973752

>Nintendo repeatedly has said it considers Switch a Home Console first
>the entire "gimmick" is that it's a home console you can take on the go
>"hurr itz not a hoem console"

It's like saying the WiiU wasn't a home console because you could play games on the tablet while on the shitter

It's also funny to consider that the PS4 is an absolute flop in its own home country, and the only reason it's selling well globally is Eurotrash who play FIFA on it. Not even a meme either, the top 5 selling games on the PS4 in the EU consist of 3 versions of FIFA.
>>
>>380974138
still irrelevant to argument. PS3 was also ine the middle of being discontinued. I don't remember much exclusives for PS3 after TLOU PS4 port. So stop saying that multiplats matter for Switch but not for PS4.
>>
>>380973991
>TLOU runs at a higher resolution on PS4 than PS3
>BOTW runs at a higher resolution on Switch than Wii U
Really makes me think.
>>
>>380956891
Its a cool looking Mario Kart machine.
>>
>>380974432
Actually, I stand corrected, the WiiU was literally discontinued when botw was released, my bad. And again, TLOU had already been out for at least a year, man you're thick.
>>
>>380974526
TLOU also runs at better framerate on PS4 than PS3. BOTW don't run at better framerate on Switch. BOTW run at better resolution on PC.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>380974718
BOTW runs at a more stable framerate on switch than wii u.
>>
>>380974689
>Actually, I stand corrected, the WiiU was literally discontinued when botw was released

Irrelevant. It still got BOTW.
>>
>>380974813
yep >>380967394
>>
File: 343ihalo.jpg (13KB, 198x279px) Image search: [Google]
343ihalo.jpg
13KB, 198x279px
>>380974718
>BOTW don't run at better framerate on Switch
nice lie

>BOTW run at better resolution on PC.
With shit framerate and glitchy performance

>Really makes you think
not really.
>>
>>380974849
Only people who already had a WiiU would care or be affected by this. Also no portability
>>
>>380974689
>Actually, I stand corrected, the WiiU was literally discontinued when botw was released,
That's another reason to buy a WiiU instead of a switch, the hell are you saying.
>>
>>380974918
>Cherrying picking a screenshot from digital foundry when at launch both switch and wii u had frame drop areas and digital foundry said that overall switch was better, and that they've since patched both versions to make them run faster
The power of shitposting.
>>
>>380975193
See
>>380972681
Only people who already had a WiiU and people who care about games and their won money. So not switch buyers for sure.
>>
>>380975349
Meant for >>380975125
>>
File: 01b[1].png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
01b[1].png
30KB, 640x400px
>>380973991
>If anything TLOU on PS4 count more than Zelda on Switch.

lol wut?
Thread posts: 526
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.