[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how many of you guys use a guide? I decided against it even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0357.jpg (35KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0357.jpg
35KB, 250x354px
So how many of you guys use a guide?
I decided against it even though it would give me a more complete run because to me it ruins the purpose of giving the player free time to do what they want. Though I can understand those who use guides, I'm just wonderin which of these two is the majority.
>>
>>380952808
Except Souls series , modern game are so straightforward you need to be brain dead to need a guide.
Why would you use guide on persona 5? Game is easy and linear.
>>
>>380952808
why the fuck do you need a guide for Persona 5
>>
I always planned to run it twice so the first time i just did whatever i wanted and the second time i did a brief search to see if i was missing anything important
>>
I never use a guide on my first playthrough desu...
>>
>>380952808
I don't watch YouTube faggots.

I don't watch Twitch faggots.

I don't give a fuck about Metacritic.

I don't give a fuck about user reviews beyond scanning for technical issues.

I don't use guides.

I don't cheat.

I still attempt 100% completion.

I don't peek at hidden achievements.

I don't engage in console war bullshit.

I buy the base game and nothing else.

I don't preorder.

I don't use mods.

I don't pirate shit.

I don't buy used games unless truly necessary (ancient shit).

If it's an action game, I play on the hardest setting.

I don't watch or listen to shit in the background.

I don't play a game if it has microtransactions.

/v/ is the only game site I visit.
>>
>>380953190
Some people want to max all (or almost all) confidants on first playthrough, and optimization guides can help significantly with that
>>
>>380953495
>I don't use mods
>I don't watch or listen to shit in the background

Why are you purposely hampering your experience desu
>>
>>380953725
That's called cuckoldry. It's the gayest fetish outside of actual dick sucking faggotry.
>>
>>380953813
I like the official experience. Never been into mods.

I like getting immersed in the game world. I don't need the extra stimulation.
>>
>>380952808
If you mean a complete guide with every single day outlined, no. If you mean a guide(s) for things like dialogue choices and test answers for most things, then yes.
>>
>>380953813
I think what he means is he doesn't like, listen to the radio while playing or watch a tv show while grinding etc, not ignoring background events in game
>>
File: HAHAHA.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>380953965
Found the cuck.
>>
>>380954121
Yep.
>>
>>380952808
Only use guides for games I just want to be done with and games where the puzzles is just finding things. I give every game 10 or so hours to wow me and If it doesn't stick I just guide my way through the main story if necessary and as for puzzles, I enjoy the actually putting it together then finding shit in obscure corners. I don't want to miss any content
>>
>>380953495
>I buy the base game and nothing else
What kind of autism is that?
>he doesn't buy based as fuck expansion packs
>>
I'm just looking at guides for recruiting personas the class questions.
>>
>>380952808
>>380953725
You have more than enough time to max all Confidants blind so long as you aren't wasting your days on mini-games or eating too many days dungeon-delving.
>>
>>380952808
Never use a guide. Robs you of experimenting with the game/mechanics when you're spoonfed an efficient/correct way to play.
>>
>>380953495
Cool blog dude
>>
>>380954343
Obviously talking about 2017 and the Season Pass epidemic.
>>
>>380954121
I got that, idk personally I couldn't stand grinding if I didn't listen to something along with it, keeps me sane

I came off a bit rude in my initial post though
>>
Railroad:The game
>>
File: duckhuntdog.gif (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
duckhuntdog.gif
7KB, 256x256px
>>380954610
Make sure you subscribe and leave a comment. Patreon link's in the description.

Bet you hear that a lot, fag.
>>
Depends on the game.

With Persona 5 and BoTW, I went through both in media blackout mode and didn't look up anything (Partly because I wanted to discover stuff, but also due to fear of spoilers).

With other stuff? It depends. I usually do try to find a solution first, and if 30 minutes to a hour passes and I am still stuck on something, I will look up how to do something. That, or if the game is cryptic about shit and I don't feel like spending 2 hours trying to find something.
>>
>>380952808
I use it for long ass rpgs where if you don't know what you're doing, end-game fuck you in the ass and kisses your waifu in front of you
>>
>>380952808
I will use a guide for puzzles that i feel like are just going to waste my time. what i do if im playing a game and i figure out the way to solve the puzzle but i just don't want to sit there and write shit out like in the third dungeon in p5 the password puzzle i'll look up a guide to save myself time otherwise i'll just play it as is.
>>
>>380952808
The only game where I used a guide extensively (past like 13 years old) was VLR because fuck escape the room puzzles
>>
>>380952808
A guide for what?...
You can max out the confident without thinking about it in NG+.
>>
>>380952808
I reset after the first dungeon on my first run since I didn't have enough kindness to start Ann's link. I started over and followed a guide for the first month but that just got boring as shit since all you do is check off items on a checklist.

I beat the game blind with all links except for Fox maxed. Spent a lot of time grinding up stats that were just handed out for free by later links. I thought that hitting a SL wall meant I was falling behind.
>>
The only thing I ever looked up about P5 is the fusion recipes for the Strength confidant.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.