[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this? Is Atari heading back to the gaming market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0136.jpg (12KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.jpg
12KB, 320x179px
What the fuck is this? Is Atari heading back to the gaming market. Ouya 2 confirmed
>>
source?
>>
>>380950134
https://youtu.be/5WNsmCpdhhY
>>
How can it be compared to the Ouya? It isn't even trying to set out to do the same thing.
>>
>>380950078
Its literally just Alienware with Atari brand.
>>
It's going to be a home entertainment center, akin to the Xbox One, but about as powerful as a Switch. Likely around $200 to stay competitive with the others and in order to make a profit.
>>
File: file.jpg (73KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73KB, 600x590px
>Ataribox comes out
>devs support it with games
>market oversaturaton
>Ataribox flops
>companies lose shit ton of money
>gaming industry crash #2

we've come full circle
>>
>>380950078
More than likely some much, much bigger company using the Atari brand as a condom as they slide into the market. Especially given how often Atari gets bought out and sold.

Contenders for "undisclosed partner":
>Amazon
>Samsung
>Google
>Valve
>Some other tech giant ala IBM/HP/Acer etc

>Inb4 some retarded suggestion like Sega
Think for two seconds, Atari brings nothing but their IP and name, things like Sega already have that, things like Amazon do not. Put two and two together.
>>
If atari was smart, they would make it a standard pc with a custom game mode/game os or something, and also allow windows to boot

call it atari pc 1

and have game devs list system requirements either calling this the minimum or this the recommended.

For a long time I thought pcs need a standard pc model to build games tward, with people who go above getting visual upgrades and people who are below getting at best visual downgrades or out right shitter gameplay.

this way when they update the spec they can call it atari pc 2, and if you make only one spec with no variation, this could easily be a ease of entrance point device.
>>
>>380952015
>source: his ass
>>
File: 1336348155697.jpg (52KB, 845x477px) Image search: [Google]
1336348155697.jpg
52KB, 845x477px
>>380951875
The only market right now that isn't being covered is the low-end price market.
The price market for people who don't want to spend 500 dollars on a new box that plays all the shiny games.

Which is the only place a new console could possibly fit in. Basically fill the void that the Ouya set out to fill but failed in filling due to sucking the shit out of Android's asshole.

There is still plenty of space in the console market, but it would require snide marketing, brilliant advertisers, and expert game designers in order to establish that niche in a market that's already being cannibalized by various attempts at turning the expensive game platforms into indie and mid-range game markets.

None of which Atari is capable of doing because they're a holdings company, now. They're a bunch of french investors sitting around a table asking themselves how they can somehow sell the Blood license, a license from a game made in 1996, for over 10 million dollars (an actual quote given to GOG for Blood).

So no, it's probably going to fail, but we have our hopes and dreams of finding a new addition to our video game family here on /v/. Basically, /v/'s game is that anything that gives them more games; even if they're not particularly good games, is a win for /v/. It's a great strategy.
>>
>>380952694
I'm just speculating you faggot.
>>
>>380952508
But they haven't changed hands recently.
Aren't they still infograms?
>>
>>380953290
Yes, but we still have no idea what this partner is. It's not infogrames, they ARE infrogrames.
>>
>No paid online

I'm buying 6
>>
>>380952193
>devs support it with games
except this crucial part is not gonna happen.
>>
>>380952508
oh shit

maybe moot's behind it
>>
I just want to see the final product, wood paneling and all.
>>
>>380952508
Nah, they all have pretty big reputations of their own. It's gonna be some unknown Indian conglomerate most likely. Someone who really needs the name.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.