[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Ace Attorney glorify defense attorneys? Me and my dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 28

File: serveimage.jpg (74KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
74KB, 700x900px
Why does Ace Attorney glorify defense attorneys? Me and my dad are defense attorneys and my grandpa used to be one before he retired, and it's a really stressful shitty job because 90% of the time you're defending someone who you know is a horrible piece of shit. Meanwhile in this game literally everyone you defend just happens to be completely innocent. It's such bullshit
>>
it makes a compelling game. in b4 blahblahblah japanese criminal justice system
>>
Matt Engarde
>>
>>380936370
One case in the entire series and Phoenix would have immediately ratted him out if the assassin wasn't holding Maya hostage.
>>
File: riddle.png (497KB, 933x960px) Image search: [Google]
riddle.png
497KB, 933x960px
Test your luck, deducerheads. You think you are smart, then crack the case. I only speak to those who can solve my riddles. And I hold myself to the same standard of course. I have solved all riddles I have written before I present to people, but I have yet to find someone who can match me.

No walkthroughs, no hints. I don't believe in them.
>>
>>380936243
Because Japan's legal system is biased towards prosecutors where the games take place in the original versions.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100711-Phoenix-Wright-A-Lesson-on-the-Japanese-Legal-System

>If you are charged with a crime in Japan and brought to trial, statistics show that there is a 99 percent chance that you will be convicted. This alarming statistic reveals the highly dysfunctional legal system from which the Ace Attorney series clearly takes its inspiration; a system where even a victim of false allegations finds it impossible to escape conviction. Phoenix Wright, the eponymous lawyer of the popular Capcom games, constantly battles seemingly impossible odds as he fights to defend his falsely accused clients. While the fantastical anime nature of the games gives rise to outlandish courtroom antics and bizarre scenarios, the core concept of a lopsided legal system weighted against the accused is an exaggerated parody of Japanese society and their courts.

>The influence of Japanese culture on the Ace Attorney world is indisputable. Localization has inserted American pop culture references, and characters often vaguely assert that events happen "here in this country," yet, in reality, the world of Phoenix Wright is distinctly Japanese. Assisted on his adventures by two Hakama-clad spirit mediums, Phoenix ("Nick" to his friends) draws special powers from his "magatama," a traditional Japanese symbol. Japanese flavor pervades the whole environment. The top TV shows are the Steel Samurai and the Jammin' Ninja; our heroes seem to be constantly snooping around Shinto/Buddhist temples; and a deranged Japanese nationalist is encountered throwing seeds at birds in the local park. It is only natural that the courts also mirror their Japanese counterparts. Juries are virtually unknown and major criminal cases are decided by professional judges based on evidence presented by defense attorneys and state prosecutors.
>>
It feels more heroic when you're defending someone
>>
Can you imagine the backlash if they released an accurate game where most defendants are blacks that actually committed the crime?
>>
File: 1456368410183.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456368410183.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>380937087
>trying to inject American politics into a Japanese-made visual novel
you're not even TRYING to hide it
>>
>>380936243
You don't have a magic stone that can determine if they're lying or not.

I mean, how many clients does he turn down between game cases cause he can tell they did it?
>>
>>380936243
Because it's based on Japan, not America.
>>
>>380936243
Japan hates defense attorneys (lol 99 persecution rate) and the entire series is the creator taking the piss on it, except 4 which is a glorified ad for Japan's legal reform that introduced a jury system. Hilariously enough said jury system requires judge jury members and civilians jurors can't get a verdict without 1 judge jury even if they're unanimous. So basically nothing changed and 4 introduced a bunch of dumb shit for no reason.
>>
>>380936861
Correct.
>>
>>380936370
I found it refreshing that the victim was also massive asshole.
>>
It's a video game.
>>
File: give.jpg (45KB, 530x805px) Image search: [Google]
give.jpg
45KB, 530x805px
>>380937378
Turning down challenges merely indicates you are too weak to face it. You try to shield your dim mental facade from the truth by referring to the problems before you as impossible.

Rather humorous that a player of this series would still think this way. You don't know what is impossible until you try, but writing it off as vain before you begin guarantees it.
>>
>>380936243
You realize most Japanese High Schools are boring and don't have lots of interesting and fun people, right?
>>
>>380936243

For an attorney you have terrible command of the English language.
>>
>>380937524
the non judge jurors were essentially there to give their opinion on a conviction, and the plan for the system was that the judge would take the juror's opinion into account when deciding a verdict, essentially the judge acts as a delegate in this scenario
>>
>>380937615
And for the five or so actually interesting people that do exist in any given school, they won't all magically gravitate towards one generic-looking new student who happens to have plot powers.
>>
>>380937593

you realize it's a profession and not a hobby right
>>
>>380936861
Japan's conviction rate isn't high because of courts being biased for the prosecution. It's because the Japanese prosecutor's office is really finicky and usually doesn't bring cases to trial unless they're really airtight and certain to result in a guilty verdict.
>>
>>380937759
>who happens to have plot powers
If he actually has plot powers, why wouldn't they?
>>
File: no dolls allowed.png (136KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
no dolls allowed.png
136KB, 500x376px
>>380937795
Ah, the games you have to play to preserve your little dreamworld of stagnation. I won't be playing along in your endeavor to justify your delusion that writing off things as impossible is the smart thing to do.

It's weakness, that's all there is to it. Always try your hardest.
>>
>>380936757
>>
>>380936243
Phoenix mentions he turns down a ton of cases in one of the games. I forget the line, but it was something about how with a perfect record people he felt were guilty kept showing up and denying defending them. He says something about having a hunch when someone is innocent. Might be the bonus case in the first game this shows up.
>>
You're only playing the cases worth playing. Why would they waste your time having you play by the numbers cases that Phoenix takes?
>>
>>380937730
still basically invalidates the system since Japanese look to authority for answers, and won't argue against judges. The judges have long standing traditions and experiences that lead to the police and prosecution by over-questioning their due process so nothing really changed. Prosecution still has an overwhelming advantage like having control over most of the actual investigation or the fact both sides don't have to share evidence.

Even supposing jury system worked as intended (won't short of a cultural overhaul of Japan), you still need to regress a lot of power from prosecution side and I also don't see that happening either short of a super high profile case exposing blatant corruption in the prosecution office.
>>
>>380938730
The only time he mentioned turning down cases was in that bonus case, but that was because of him being depressed after Maya left, not because of hunches or anything like that.
>>
>>380937807
Most cases usually are resolved out of court. Take train molestation for example, you can admit you did it, sign a piece of paper and pay a small fine and then you're released and nobody will know you've done it (even if you didn't do it). It only goes to court if you deny the claim, and before that they hold you without bail for potentially months until prosecution will read your appeal. If they deny it, you're still held and then it goes to court.
>>
>>380936243
>and it's a really stressful shitty job because 90% of the time you're defending someone who you know is a horrible piece of shit.

Because the other 10% where you defend the innocent make for a decent story. Stories is what sell for visual novels like this.
>>
Because mindless drudgery attempting to negotiate plea bargains for obviously guilty motherfuckers doesn't make for a compelling story or game
>>
File: 1497752170654.jpg (167KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
1497752170654.jpg
167KB, 750x937px
>>380936243
are you really bringing real life into these
games? Let me remind you in this world:

>Perjury is 'no big deal, lol' you can say whatever you want on the stand and you cant be held accountable
>Falsifying police reports because your lazy and want to go home is a-ok
>Creating false evidence, planting evidence, and convincing your clients/witnesses to lie is just a normal day for prosecutors.

There is no way in hell you're irl attorney if 'the glorification of defense attorneys' is whats triggering you about these games.
>>
>>380936757
Do you have to sound so condescending?
It sounds like the girl passed out from alcohol intoxication and pissed herself, then the taxi driver undressed her and started sniffing her panties while she was out cold
>>
File: 970206ca5aa1a81a5b80c1f4c6e4f.png (545KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
970206ca5aa1a81a5b80c1f4c6e4f.png
545KB, 707x1131px
>>380940535
yes, of course it sounds that way. I think we can dispense with getting caught up in surface level analyses, and get to the actual solution. I don't think I should have to educate you on riddle theory, because if I do, you won't solve it anyway.
>>
>>380937652
maybe english is not his mother tongue?
>>
>>380942086
No it is I'm just drunk
>>
>>380936243
You're definitely not a defense attorney if that's all that triggers you about the games.
It's practically an insult to the profession if you look at it from a realistic perspective, hell the way the police force and prosecutors act I, and practically any other attorney, could get the cases dismissed faster than you can say "withholding evidence." Every single prosecutor should be dismissed and debarred.
Besides, it's based off of Japan's batshit insane legal system, not ours
>>
>>380936243
It's a video game
>>
>>380936243
I agree. They shouldn't glorify ambulance chasing kikes
>>
File: picture.png (296KB, 650x902px) Image search: [Google]
picture.png
296KB, 650x902px
>>380937358
>>
>>380936861
>>380936861
>statistics show that there is a 99 percent chance that you will be convicted.
that number alone means nothing. it could very well be that they only start a trial when they are absolutely sure the dude is guilty. in my country if the police cant get enough evidence the attorney will not bring the case before a court, so the suspect goes free without ever having seen a judge.
>>
File: IMG_0293.png (935KB, 2376x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.png
935KB, 2376x948px
WE ARE LITERALLY 3 DAYS AWAY FROM REUNION AND TURNABOUT

WHY IS NOBODY GETTING HYPED ABOUT THIS?!?!
>>
What if there was an America-based game where you're a public defender trying to keep up with an enormous workload, maybe in a Papers, Please style game?
>>
>>380941847
...I don't even want to know how or why that picture was made, or why the hell you have it saved.
>>
>>380936243
If you're client really is guilty, as a defense attorney aren't you meant to try to subdue their sentence at all costs? Or do you do what's "right" and bring them the appropriate punishment?
>>
>>380942815
Penny fetishism is one of the oldest 4chan activities there is. That isn't even the worst of it.
>>
>>380936243
You mean why does it glorify BEING a defense attorney.

Doing a shitty job isn't glorious but it is commendable and laudable.

Anyways, the answer to your question is that it is lampooning the Japanese judicial system.

The cards are generally stacked in the prosecution's favor that it wouldn't make a difference if damn near everyone actually was innocent; prosecutors teaming up with the criminal to put someone else in jail for the sake of it and a dopey judge just going along with it all.
>>
>>380942875
You're supposed to get them off to the best of your ability.
>>
>>380936243
> Why does Surgeon Simulator/Trauma Centre glorify surgery?
> Why does SimCity glorify city planning/construction?
> Why does The Witcher glorify the European middle ages?
> Why does Portal glorify science?
This is why these "Why does [insert entertainment piece] glorify reality?" questions are illogical. They're FANTASY, they're VIDEO GAMES. They're not supposed to be a 1:1 replica of reality, OP.
>>
>>380942875
That's a very complicated question.
What do you mean by guilty? As in, they did it? Because that alone a conviction does not make. They're are a myriad of mitigating circumstances that you can argue in front of a jury.
Moreover, as defense attorney the burden of proof isn't on you, so technically you don't have to do anything. The prosecution has to prove guilt, and you're job is to argue against their claims.

But, in the case of overwhelming evidence against your client, you ussualy try and take a plea. Saves everyone a whole bunch of time and taxpayer money, and often gets you're client in a better spot than going to trial.
And all the while you rack up those billable hours and make bank.
>>
File: Grey_Normal_2.gif (128KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Normal_2.gif
128KB, 256x192px
>>380942710

Actually, we're one day away.

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Reunion,_and_Turnabout

And I made a thread about it two days ago that was so subtle no one responded.
>>
>>380942214
It's not particularly based on what Japan's legal system is like. It's just a fictionalized system to suit the game mechanics and plots. In Japan, there are perceptions like "Is this based on America's crazy court system?"
>>
>>380936243
Who is the worst person you've defended?What did they do?
>>
>>380943292
Bullshit. *I* made that thread that was so subtle no one responded two days ago. And I used that exact gif in your post!

Also, I'd like to say it starts on June 20. The earliest date of anything happening, of course, was June 15 with Dr. Grey's visit to Wright and Co. Law Offices. Then it was the 19th with the murder, and the the 20th for the investigation. It wasn't until the 21st when the first trial day happened.

At any rate, what would you think would be the best day for a Twitch streamer to broadcast the Day 1 Investigation? In three parts on the 15th, 19th and 20th, or all at once on the 20th?
>>
>>380943626
He's bullshitting you anon, if a criminal defense attorney was to get upset about stuff in AA "gloryfying defense attorneys" would be so far down the list it's not worth mentioning.
>>
>>380941847
Surface level analysis can be useful to not get too carried away

The posture of the girl is way too weird. If he just wanted to undress her he could have just had her lay down on the back seats and take her clothes there, putting her like that would take quite an amount of maneuvering. At first I thought that maybe she was initially in the front seat and he pushed her to the back ones, but that doesn't make sense either as they're inside a car. What makes more sense is that she put herself in that position, otherwise I can't understand how would that be posible or reasonable on the taxi driver's part

The DNA I'm starting to think that it was from a shared glass, they could have been drinking together at the bar before deciding to get into the cab

Maybe she wanted action with the driver and undressed herself and put herself in such a position anticipating sex but passed out before anything could actually happen?
>>
>>380943626
Rapist. Obvious evidence. Was assigned to him as a state provided attorney. Didn't have much to say he just grossed me out.
>>
>>380943095
>I'm just some nobody
>I've been on 4chan for barely 2 years probably
>but you've doubtlessly seen a post of mine

It's like I was built for this site. Everything I do is "quintessentially 4chan". they screencap my posts and keep taking them to reddit which sucks because I hate reddit I only want my 4chan friends to see them.
>>
>>380943841
But then again, people don't just sex out of nowhere, they would have made out first, which means that at least he would have left saliva in her mouth and that should have been picked up
I don't think that can be it either
>>
>>380943859
What about your dad? And your grandad?
>>
>>380943859
>being a public defender
No wonder you hate your clients. I'd hate mine too if I got paid shit and had to deal with the worst of the worst.
Christ alive man, what would motivate you to become one. You don't seem like a moralfag, and from my experience they're the only ones dumb enough to become one
>>
File: Smile_Rei.png (183KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
Smile_Rei.png
183KB, 386x366px
>>380943841
The posture is very weird indeed. I think it's the key to the whole case. I like you, and so you can have all the evidence instead of a single picture. I gave you everything that is relevant, but maybe this will help you. It shouldn't make it easier, because it will probably wash over you with more facts than necessary, but at least it doesn't count as a hint.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/full-transcript-of-judges-ruling-acquitting-halifax-cab-driver-of-sexual-assault-because-a-drunk-can-consent

Notably, the judge says just what you did. "I don't know what to make of it."
>>
>>380943859
>defending a rapist
Get out of here, weapon of the patriarchy
>>
>>380936861
What does japan have to do with ace attorney? It takes place in america ffs
>>
>>380940182
>and convincing your clients/witnesses to lie is just a normal day for prosecutors.
This is the part that gets me, i can deal with "lol I am going to present the autopsy report during the cross examination" but this is just bullshit
>>
>>380936757
>>380941847
Maybe the girl wet herself and called a cab. The cab arrived at her house, the driver woke the girl up and she told him that she left her purse at her house and went to her house to pick it up, got into the house and removed the high heels and wore the flip flops as I assume that no one goes to a bar with flip flops, went back outside and got so wasted that she blacked out. The driver carried her back into the cab, removed her pants and her purse and smelled the panties before being caught by the cop.
>>
>>380936370
I wish the series had more people like Matt Engarde, where you are not 100% sure if they did it or not.

Having everyone else be innocent or guilty of something far lesser has gotten pretty boring. Or hell, more cases that are not just fucking murder all the time.
>>
>>380945468
do you think your answer is correct?
>>
>>380943859
>state provided attorney
Bet you get a lot of dindu nuffins too, huh?
>>
>>380943292
>>380943652
Remember to get the time right too, sometime after the murder time I believe
>>
>>380936243
I wish more games were real life
>>
>>380936243
>Me and my dad are defense attorneys and my grandpa used to be one before he retired, and it's a really stressful shitty job because 90% of the time you're defending someone who you know is a horrible piece of shit.

>Long family history of supposed attorneys
>Thinks all defense lawyers do is criminal cases.
>Further thinks that he can tell the guilt or innocence of a person obviously.

Without defense attorneys by definition we would literally be living in pre magna-carta era law where the public has no defense and the state is the only one represented. Prosecutors can be caricatured levels of evil and overbearing as well. I know it's quippy and easy to think punishment is cool and prosecutors do no wrong, but knowing the other side of the coin exists to defend me in a society is more refreshing than revenge fantasies I have against alleged criminals.
>>
File: comic495_zpsdys1jy3i.png (197KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
comic495_zpsdys1jy3i.png
197KB, 650x750px
>>380936243
>>
>>380944309
The distribution of the clothes in the transcript is concerning, particularly the fact that the flip-flops were in the driver's seat, under the driver's feet. They say he took possession of them, but that makes them being located under his feet even weirder. The seat was also reclined.

It gives me the impression that she sat on top of him, in the driver's seat, dropped the flip-flops right where her feet would be and took off her jacket and purse and put them in the front passenger's seat. From there she moved to the back seats, which the reclined seat would have facilitated, then she would have been pretty much in that strange position, where he would have taken off her pants and she would have passed out, but I'm still missing something.
>>
>>380944309
Holy shit. Don't people usually get convicted for sneezing in a girl's
General direction? That fucking judge.
>>
>>380936243
>Me and my dad are defense attorneys and my grandpa used to be one before he retired
Oh shit its Edgeworth from an alternative timeline where his dad never got killed
>>
What's with the pseudointellectual anime fag in this thread?
>>
>>380946038
Did they brought back the silly names?
>>
>>380945697
The information provided is insufficient so everything is just hypothesis though, therefore the true answer of the riddle depends on you.
>>
File: rock star.png (385KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rock star.png
385KB, 640x480px
>>380946108
Yes, you are missing something. It's fine. The judge himself missed it and he's paid to do this stuff. Everyone can see something unusual happened, but no one can quite pin it down.

Truly one of the best puzzles I ever caught in the wild. Just remember if you never give up, you will win.
>>
>>380936243
Not really. In a conversation with Maya, Phoenix points out that they can't put up smiling pictures of all their clients because some of them got the guilty verdict. It's implied that Phoenix does cases in between games that aren't shown because they're boring.
Also, Wright is basically broke at the start of every game, so there's that.
>>
>>380945468
The flip-flops are a nice catch, but this says

>the taxi — ten minutes after being hailed — was found stopped in the south end of the city, which would not be in anyway in the direction one would drive from (the location the cab was hailed)to get to (the complainant’s home).

Did he drove off with her after she passed out? It's been only eleven minutes total
>>
File: no.jpg (51KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
51KB, 853x480px
>>380946391
all that is insufficient is your thinking capability. Here we go, the old rigaramole. I won't tell you the answer. If you are too stupid to get it on your own, that is the end of it. If you persisted instead of giving up and begging me for answers, you might not have to beg me for answers.
>>
>>380946476
>Also, Wright is basically broke at the start of every game, so there's that.
I always thought this was done so the players could relate to him more, Wright being the everyday man instead of a rich and privileged guy, if you take the Japanese legal system into consideration he would be paid pretty damn well even if he often helped people who couldn't pay much
>>
I WANT TO FUCK JINXIE
>>
>>380946108
I've thought more about your answer by the way, and it is reasonably reasonable. But you said it yourself, something doesn't seem right. You used most of the evidence and came up with a plausible circumstance. But the right solution will make everything add up and not require discarding certain bits.
>>
>>380946476
>In a conversation with Maya, Phoenix points out that they can't put up smiling pictures of all their clients because some of them got the guilty verdict.
But Justice for All had Franziska getting mad at him for not caring about losing the Engarde case and his own winning streak, which happened in 2018 after a bunch of other cases, unless this quote was made after the case
>>
File: laughss.jpg (166KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughss.jpg
166KB, 320x480px
>>380947007
>he didn't win the engarde case
>>
>>380947082
>I never played Justice for All
>>
>>380936243
Actually the most glorified thing is the "truth"
They treat "truth" like the ultimate good force without ever an argument against

They should make a rival who instead prioritizes the public favored conclusions, the ones bringing less pain to the people involved etc. and generally opposes the truth with comfortable lies that make most people happy
To add - they also should make finding the truth in cases mostly devastating for both the people involved and the public - this would create a more fair argument against the truth than "muh guilty verdict"
>>
>>380947118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriXNWjQwh4
>>
>>380946674
>"I won't tell you because I won't tell you"

Classic.
>>
>>380947237
His verdict was guilty dude, it doesn't matter what Nick choses at the end of the case, I even remember this epilogue where Nick and Karma briefly talk about the whole winning streak thing
>>
>>380947297
I won't tell you because it is useless. What do you learn by just having the answer revealed to you?
>>
>>380947457
wrong
>>
File: 1494136427453.png (435KB, 647x557px) Image search: [Google]
1494136427453.png
435KB, 647x557px
>>380936243
>Work in law enforcement
>It's public sector so I'll never get paid like the top defense attorneys do
Well I have been considering doing a JD for some time
>>
>>380946463
>Her wallet and cell phone were on the floor of the front passenger compartment. As was a $20 bill

I wonder, they were out of the purse, as if she was ready to pay. They were on the floor. I doubt she would have been readying the bill to pay him if she was sitting on top of him. They say that getting the bill out was custom for her, but I don't think she entered the cab through the rear doors. Maybe he wanted to rob her and that's why the valuables were out of the purse

I can assure you I'm not giving up on this
>>
http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2017

Reminder for what happens tomorrow.
>>
>>380936757
Good riddles are reasonably deterministic, asshat
>>
>>380947490
I literally don't care what you do one way or the other.

The real question is how your choice will affect yourself. And by now, it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>380936243

>defendant taunts the victim's family as you enter the courtroom
>is a past violent offender
>go to his social media page, where he brags about being a thug
>you lose if the court can put an end to this blight on the city's life as free man

That would totally make for a fun videogame, wouldn't it?
>>
>>380947775
I can make choices that hurt me. As happy as I would be to showcase my intelligence to everyone, what is more important is a world of people who can really think, even if I don't get to show off. And no one will really learn to think if I hand them answers.

it's easy to tell off the idiots who don't try to solve it, of course, but sometimes I would like to tell those who gave an effort, but unfortunately, that's not possible here.
>>
>>380946650
Where are you getting any of that?
>>
>>380947748
Thanks mister, I think my riddle is good too, or even adjectively better.
>>
>>380948030
Copypasted from the link he posted, m8

Fourth paragraph under this quote
>(The complainant’s) urine-soaked pants and panties were found turned inside out and in the hands of Mr. Al-Rawi
>>
>>380948071
>even adjectively better
I'm not even mad. I'm stealing that for later.
>>
File: prof.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
prof.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>380947671
Good luck mister. some of your theories touch on the truth, but you have to focus on the contradictions. What about the evidence explicitly does not make sense?
>>
>>380948249
The police officer arrests the man on sight. That's a typo, right? He would just detain the man.
>>
>>380948249
Should I focus on your version or on the transcript?
I feel this thread is running out of time, and I need more
>>
>>380947985
Well for someone who is fucking clueless, they can try and backtrack the logic that would get to the answer from the evidence provided. An opportunity to learn of the path they never saw in the first place.

Granted, "I'm literally drawing blanks right now" might not even count as an attempt, even if an attempt at effort is being made.
>>
File: rice.png (140KB, 524x438px) Image search: [Google]
rice.png
140KB, 524x438px
>>380949036
I solved it from the transcript, and even I think that I should sometimes alter the phrasing of my image to make it clearer, but you have them both. So you won't be confused by such little details, and the picture will show you only what is important.
>>380949081
Perhaps you are right. But I don't know if backtracking teaches you as much as finding the path on your own. I am hesitant to even give hints because it's not truly solving it if someone prods you along.
>>
File: koMX1RT.jpg (59KB, 627x596px) Image search: [Google]
koMX1RT.jpg
59KB, 627x596px
>>380936757
This is a really shitty riddle, you should rephrase it, and most importantly post it somewhere else!
This weak riddle did not catch my attention, also it is not related to video games in any way!
>>
>>380936757
>>380944309

It sounds like:
>Woman gets in front-passenger seat of car
>Al-Rawi goes to middle of nowhere planning to rape/rob her
>Woman seduces him
>Knocks her purse down
>Climbs on top of him
>Kisses him once
>Her flipflops fall off
>Rawi takes off her pants, tosses them to passenger seat
>She climbs to the back of the car in a sex position
>Passes out
>Driver continues to undress her
>An extremely short time later, the officer notices
>Rawi panics and tries to hide what he's holding
>Gets arrested

I don't really think there's a riddle here.
>>
>>380949036His riddle is utter bullshit. It says that she wore flip-flops, which are unsuitable to wear when going clubbing, while the transcript states that she wore black wedged sandals, which are more logical. Moreover, the riddle does not mention the fact that the sandals were hidden inside the driver compartment. If you want to train your deductive reasoning skill, read the transcript, guess it yourself on how it might have happened and ignore this riddle. He's just happened to stumble upon this transcript, thought that his intelligence was superior and his hypothesis was correct and made a half-assed riddle to see who can come up with the same hypothesis.
>>
>>380949508
One thing I didn't consider is that they drove off to the southern end of the city. They didn't do whatever is it they did immediately
They say it was an habit for her to get the bill ready and sit on the rear seat. But that doesn't explain why is her purse and other stuff on the front seat and why they are in different places. And the posture is still iffy. She was very drunk. Maybe it's the other way around and she took her pants in that rather messy fashion. But given they're with the driver she must have had took them off when she was in the front seats. Otherwise they would have been out of reach for him

You're right in that I've been trying to fit things together but I haven't really looked at those that didn't fit
>>
>>380948249
You sound like a fucking gunner
>>
>>380950309
Well, my mistake. I assumed she pissed herself before ever entering the taxi given the half an hour lapse between talking with her friends and the taxi arriving

Shame on you, it was a fun hunt
>>
Where the hell did Asukaanon get all those images from? And how the hell did fan artists manage to replicate the anime artstyle so fucking well with that pic with Asuka in a labcoat?!
>>
>>380950309
But that still doesn't explain why the taxi went in a route that didn't lead to the girl's home, nor why did he ever say that and instead use that weird "drunks can consent" thing
>>
>>380950309
Why not put the soaked clothes in the trunk? Putting them in the vehicle defeats the purpose of taking them off of her.
>>
>>380936243
>Game about playing as a defense attorney glorifies defense attorneys and makes the job seem fun

Gee, it's almost like they want the game to sell or something but that must not be it..
>>
>>380950771
>implying anyone would ever believe this theory

this thread has at least shown it's literally inconceivable to 99%
>>
>>380950780
he was obviously currently in the act, hence being caught holding pissy panties when the cops rolled up. Notably, this cab driver has sued the halifax police before. Kind of a wonder cops were able to enter his vehicle at all... A parked car shouldn't be subject to searches.
>>
File: astronaut.png (358KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
astronaut.png
358KB, 640x480px
>>380950648
>>
>>380950625
>>380950771
>Other observations made of Al-Rawi at the time that Const. Thibault arrived at his vehicle: his driver’s seat back was partially reclined, his pants were undone at the waist and his zipper was down a couple of inches and it was observed that the back of his pants appeared to be down about six inches.
You guys, cmon. Like I said, he just happend to read that transcript, thought that he would make a riddle out of it and flaunted it in this thread to flatter his own ego. The situation in the transcript definitely pointed to an attempted sexual intercourse.
>>
>>380951112
the seats would have to be reclined to keep her legs up and he would have to take his pants off to give them to her so she isn't indecent. He was an interrupted altruist.
>>
File: IMG_3078.jpg (59KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3078.jpg
59KB, 602x481px
>>380951256
Really activate my almond. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>380951256
Only the driver's seat was reclined, but why would that be necessary?
>>
>>380951372
well mister if you actually try to think about problems instead of just blaming syrian refugess for always raping your women you can do wondrous things
>>
>>380949508
>But I don't know if backtracking teaches you as much as finding the path on your own
It doesn't, but it's the only choice for someone who is completely lost to the point they will not find it on their own.

And as I said, people are still making their guesses and theories, which is plenty of learning for someone as lost as I
>>
>>380936243
>because 90% of the time you're defending someone who you know is a horrible piece of shit.

>Not trusting your client's innocence to the bitter end, even if they are infact a murderer.

Fucking Grossberg.
>>
>>380951256
If he wanted to give her his pants he would have taken the shoes off first, there was no mention about that, nor why were the sandals under his feet
>>
>>380951428
head was towards the passenger side door and uhh you know, just because they said the drivers seat was reclined doesn't mean the passenger one wasn't they just like to selectively present facts sometimes that's why I ordered the whole investigation report to be delivered to me. Fucking fake news. but yeah you would recline them both I think... although you might manage balancing them with only one reclined. After all, the police report said they were both balanced on the front seats, but then again, it's possible both legs were on one seat instead of one leg per one seat.

hmm...
>>
File: IMG_3410.jpg (216KB, 970x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3410.jpg
216KB, 970x1139px
>>380951256
>lady, you,you wet pants.
>pls, wear mine instead.
>eat these eggs for good measure.
Good laugh.
>>
>>380951035

Olay, nevermind. Obviously they just shopped Asuka's head onto other anime. Thanks for the help, Asukaanon.
>>
File: 1473306193481.jpg (1MB, 1500x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1473306193481.jpg
1MB, 1500x1065px
>>380952003
>>
File: MTMyNDczNDI1MjgwMTQ1ODg2.jpg (311KB, 1200x1187px) Image search: [Google]
MTMyNDczNDI1MjgwMTQ1ODg2.jpg
311KB, 1200x1187px
>>380936243
Its a game anon.
>>
Please, anon. Come back with another case to discuss, someday. It's fun
>>
File: 1476798413805.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476798413805.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>380952347
maybe I should be less hard on you guys, because some of these mysteries I spent years on solving. But the mystery in this thread just happened last year or whatever so I obviously sorted that shit out quickly.

but real life mysteries are hard to come by. For every one hundred I read about, maybe one of them I can see the tools I need to build an alternate scenario.

but I do have a second mystery with a real solution, I think. This one is much more involved, good luck.

https://www.thecoast.ca/halifax/holly-bartletts-unlikely-journey/Content?oid=4146463
>>
>>380952845
Don't want to be that guy but careful with the reaction images next time, jannies may think you are roleplaying
>>
>>380953259
my folder is basically just asuka. some others have wormed their way in but it's still 90 percent her. The only boards that have banned me for my asuka love so far is ck which is a dumb rei board anyway and pol which... pol is just a whole different brand of retardation
>>
>>380936243
Idk if anyone has already said this but it's because in Japan they have a really high conviction rate and probably a lot of innocent people going to jail.
>>
File: 1472261361379.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472261361379.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>380952845
I luuv this mystery btw., because every direction you take never pans out logically. No matter if you think it is suicide, or murder, or accidental death, something contradicts you.

But there is an answer.
>>
>>380952065
>KANCHO, BITCH
>>
>>380936243
Conviction rates aside, Phoenix is sort of like a super hero, he's standing up for people who's only real crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time when society has already pre-judged them to be guilty, he believes in them till the end when no one else will and sticks by them when the odds are stacked against them, it's corny as fuck but touching too

the games represent faith in humanity more than anything imo, also they're comfy as fuck
>>
>>380952845
I'm going to need the solution to that story
>>
File: 1497112249047.png (34KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497112249047.png
34KB, 175x200px
>>380937593
jesus christ go outside, fucking faggot
>>
cross examine the parrot
>>
>>380936757
Objection, how did the lady soil her pants but not her panties? The lady never wore panties at the time of calling the cab and had instead kept the panties in her purse or something
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.