[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Starfox games fail both with and without their creator involved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: ShiggyMistake.png (173KB, 418x390px) Image search: [Google]
ShiggyMistake.png
173KB, 418x390px
>Starfox games fail both with and without their creator involved

Were the original and 64 just lightning in a bottle? Is there nothing Nintendo can do to recapture those?
>>
>>380934802
I don't think so. I think the problem is:

>Starfox Adventures literally not a starfox game
>Starfox Assault was the completely linear addition of Starfox games
>Starfox Zero had absolute dogshit controls and had the same amount of content.

If they had come out with a new Starfox (now is too late they can't be trusted) game that had MORE content than 64 and had more choices (see Super Mario World 96 exits for example) and made better use of the secondary ships (tank, submarine, etc.) then I think people would care and would enjoy it.

Cuz look at the jump from original to 64

>6 levels from original up to more than double in 64
>More ships without hindering the gameplay, it stays almost identical but with some caveats

That's all they had to do to make people love it. But they sort of forgot how to make a good Starfox game it seems.
>>
>>380934802
It wouldn't be that hard to recapture the Star Fox crowd, and with the Switch they could release the definitive space shooter for the console by removing the terrible controls and going back to the on rails system. Add in a couple extra galaxies with all new bosses and on planet routes to increase replayability
>>
>>380934802
When did he say this?
>>
Zero was a great game. We need more of that.

Personally, I feel as if people have been trained to think that replaying shooters like Star Fox over and over again to be boring.

The controls and content for Zero were fine. I think they just need an improved achievement system or some kind of incentive to lure people back into playing over and over.
>>
>>380934802
All they had to do was make a new Starfox game on Wii U without the bad ground sections. If the reticle on the screen matched up with the gamepad screen it would have been a lot more fun. That way they could have kept the second screen as a fun aside and had a fun game at the same time. Really, Zero wasn't that bad it was just the moronic use of the second screen and the horrid ground sections. That and they refuse to make a new game.
>>
>>380936428
It always does amaze me how people bitching about this game never really seem to have played it.
>>
>>380934802
Its completely possible to make a great starfox game again, one even better than 64. The problem is that nintendo absolutely REFUSES to make a game without attempting to re-invent the wheel in the process. Not just make a few changes to the formula, but completely make a new type of game from the ground up, and call it something in their IP. Even before they had their gimmicky control schemes, nintendo has tried to fuck up all of their franchises both thematically and with new gameplay in every new entry. Sometimes, this worked out for the better, other times it did not. Starfox happened to get the short end of the stick every time unfortunately.
>>
File: Cody.png (371KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
Cody.png
371KB, 600x401px
>>380936298
>>380936705
>>
they fucked up. all they had to do was make starfox 64 with new levels and maybe more extras / better MP
>>
When you look into the Starfox series, you learn that Nintendo just stole the assets of dev teams they hired, then dropped at the last minute.

You get what you pay for.
>>
>>380938917
Fuck off, Guru Larry.
>>
>>380934802
Hire back the same voice cast
DO NOT PUT A FUCKING CONTROL GIMMICK ON IT
Make cool levels, the majority of which are on rails
lots of branching paths and cool shit to find for replayability
Revert the character designs back to 64
Continue where 64 left off

So hard!
>>
>>380939193

>implying Larry is classless enough to post here
>>
All they need to do is make another rail shooter in the vein of the first 2. Every Starfox has been fine when it's been a rail shooter, and even Command had solid all-range dogfighting. The problem is Nintendo's incessant need to experiment with the series. The only idea I've actually liked from Starfox that wasn't rail shooting was Assault's on foot missions and even then that's merely on paper - awkward controls and repetitive missions bogged the execution down. At this point fuck it, just be a rail shooter and be done with it. Even Zero was fucking fine as a rail shooter until the gyrowing and chicken walker sections slowed it down.
>>
>>380939364
>Hire back the same voice cast
They did that to the best of their ability
>>
>>380934802
Shooters on rails are not hip now
>>
File: 1496070535583.jpg (77KB, 605x685px) Image search: [Google]
1496070535583.jpg
77KB, 605x685px
>>380934802
they don't need the creator's input if all they're doing is remaking 64 over and over
>>
Here is my genius plan you make a sequel to 64 but with more shit in it. No walking stages, no blue foxes, no dildo controls, no bullshit just more game play centered around fucking flying. How hard is this shit to do?
>>
>>380934802
Simple. It's an on-rails shooter. No one wants to play that anymore. Some arcane game structures are meant to stay in the past.
>>
>>380934802
d-did Miyamoto-San really say that?
>>
>>380934802
>Starfox games fail both wit their creator involved
Probably because Miyamoto is more or less out of touch with gaming these days.
>>
File: fuck u m8.gif (203KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuck u m8.gif
203KB, 248x225px
>>380934802
Starfox was never good
>>
>>380934802
The original game was on the SNES. Then Nintendo literally took the game from the creator, refused to let them release the sequel on the SNES, and released SF64, which was basically an easier remake of the original, and haven't done shit with it since.
>>
>>380934802
I thought starfox was just a tech demo.
>>
Simple. Star Fox and Star Fox 64 were both made pretty much made by Argonaut.
>>
File: star fox 64 vs original.png (345KB, 511x806px) Image search: [Google]
star fox 64 vs original.png
345KB, 511x806px
>>380935664
>6 levels from original up to more than double in 64
Wut?
>>
One of Nintendo's most egregious rehash series of all time

You say the original and 64, the 64 one was a straight rehash just like 0

Let this shitty series die the only people who think it's good are ignorant fanatics who have never played a non-Nintendo rail shooter, why do you think they sell like shit in Japan
>>
>>380942821
I'd like to add that even within Nintendo, the staff that made Zero and the like are completely different from the ones that did the original and 64
>>
>>380942821
Just like F-Zero and Metroid, Neotendo can't make anything that's not casualized Mario or normiebait Zelda so they need to ask other devs like Sega and Retro
>>
>>380942984
There is not double the levels, dude. It literally goes from 6 levels in Star Fox, to 7 in Star Fox 64. Furthermore, if you count levels like the Black Hole and ???, you go from 13 total levels in the original to 15 in 64.
>>
>>380943619
Meant for >>380935664
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.