[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He's not building a PC more powerful than the Xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 28

>He's not building a PC more powerful than the Xbox One X for the same price

What's your excuse, /v/?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd
>>
>>380932262
Still butthurt pcbro? You made me want to buy that console.
>>
>>380932262
Thanks op!
>>
>>380932262
not a terrible build for the price.

good work. that site is godmode
>>
>>380932262
>fx 8300
don't dude, just don't
>>
>>380933728
>just don't
better than the shit in the xbox one x
>>
>>380932262
I don't like mouse and keyboard controls.
>>
>>380933970
You can use a controller on pc you fucking simpleton
>>
because i already have a pc more powerful than an xbox one x?
>>
>>380932262
Can you please cut the bullshit? Stop recommending FX CPUs in fucking 2017 for god's sake: Their upgrade path is terrible, the socket is done for and their Single Threaded Performance fucking sucks and for some games that can mean a world.
>>
>>380932262
poor optimization and draconian DRM mostly
>>
>>380934153
And get destroyed by everyone online? What's the point of that?
>>
>>380934302
What do you recommend putting inside instead? It has to be around the same price.
>>
>>380934432
to encourage you to ascend or git gud at the controller
>>
>>380933858
And the Xbox One X does not make much sense as a gaming PC. Console CPUs have bottlenecked the industry for a long time. It makes more sense to go with like a Pentium g4560 and an rx470 or rx460 for an absolute budget build. If you're building an absolute low end PC, you probably don't have a 4k monitor in the first place and don't need an Xbox One X tier GPU.B
>>
File: 1480124546627.jpg (107KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480124546627.jpg
107KB, 551x600px
>AMD
>>
That thing doesn't have a $60 controller and a UHD Blu-ray drive though. You basically build a cheap piece of shit with half the stuff from the xbox one x missing.
>>
>>380934328
I really dislike how consolefags treat optimization like some sort of console exclusive magic.
>>
>>380934302
You're missing the fucking point. OP said better than the bonex, and that CPU, as shit as it is, meets the requirement.

Try to put a Ryzen or some other eight core CPU there while keeping the price below $500 and not worsening the gaming performance.
>>
File: yisrael campbell.jpg (23KB, 321x265px) Image search: [Google]
yisrael campbell.jpg
23KB, 321x265px
>>380934590
This.
>Mfw I see some goy who couldn't afford Intel™
>>
>>380934432
If you're an xbox gamer cross platform plays gonna be a big thing in a few years anyways. Git gud with mouse.
>>
>>380932262
>using three sticks of ram.

Have fun with shitty bottle necking
>>
>>380934537
Nah, I play a lot online and I don't like using kb+m and I don't feel like becoming a legend at using controllers just do I can keep up with the bottom tiered players.
>>
>>380934793
>Have fun with shitty bottle necking
Guess you don't know how ram works
>>
>>380934603
>xb1x doesn't come with kb/mouse
>it's processor is worse
>60 dollars online per year just to play online
>b-but i dont pay for online

Ok then you can cross out all those online games from the games list meaning it comes with even less games than on pc. Wow it's almost like you're buying a piece of shit that you can't upgrade in the future

Almost as bad as the ps4 pro but even the xb1x shits on the pro at least
>>
>>380934793
This. Remove the third stick of RAM and use the $25 to improve some other part.

The 12gb of RAM in the XboneX is shared. A PC build with 8gb of RAM and 4gb of VRAM would "match" it.
>>
File: halp.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
42KB, 846x592px
Its not worth it. Windows 10 ruined windows, updates being forced on you. I hate turning on my computer and having to delete so many random processes to shut down the bandwidth sucking updates. Modern games that will actually push your 4k 60fps rig will be fuckhuge because of unecessary audio files and subtitles. ISPs are shitheads with their monopoly money grubbing. As someone living at home on basic internet modern PC gaming is a nightmare. When I do move into an apartment its not gonna change, I might download faster but same crap. Modern games are outpacing shit US infrastructure. Tired of this shit, probably gonna get a switch and never upgrade my PC.
>>
File: controllers.webm (2MB, 720x381px) Image search: [Google]
controllers.webm
2MB, 720x381px
>console cucks admitting that controllers are the worst possible way to play videogames

wew
>>
Xbox One X
>put disc in
>play game

PC
>buy multiple parts that cost $1000 for a decent build
>have to manually put together all the components
>keyboard is uncomfortable and confusing since 95% of the buttons have no input on the game
>you have to replace all your parts every 1.5 years as the graphics cards become worse over time and run worse
>have to install a video game license rental service like Steam
>have to play $60 for recently released games but have no benefits as physical copy
>there are constant updates for games slowing down the chance of playing the game
>games constantly crash and run into compatibility problems
>Nvidia gimps their cards with Gameworks to make you buy their newer hardware
>try to play some indie games but most are uninspired rip offs of older SNES games I played
>try a early access to literally alpha test a game with barely any content and runs poorly
>can't let my friends borrow my games without jumping though huge obsoletes and even then we can't play each others games if the other is playing a different game at the time
>try to play older games from my childhood on N64 and PS2 emulators
>try to plug in my controller to use for more comfortablility but it requires multiple drivers and constantly rebind the controls every time I switch games
>download emulator for them but they take a while to get the right settings and even then the games run poorly and are missing textures and other graphical glitches
>try to play older PC I heard from others but the run into compatibility problems and constantly crashes when tried to play
>try to play a fun looking multiplayer game but the game is filled with hackers and childern and young teens constantly spouting memes
>try to play split screen with my friends but hardly any games supports split screen and is a hassle to set up
>start playing less and less and go on /v/ and shitpost more about games even ones I never even played
>>
>>380935279
This is the reason I sold my graphics card and switched almost exclusively to console.
I'm just done with the shit PC ports.
PC gaming is almost entirely a graphics sinkhole.
Sure games can and usually do look better on PC than console, but the technical headaches kill it for me.
I don't have the free time to comb through forums to figure out why x game is lagging for no apparent reason or why y games character textures are so bad despite having the graphics cranked all the way up.
"Stupid c-console pleb! why don't you j-just download the mod to fix it? all you have to do it *10 step process to "fix" a game and cause 2 more issues*"
And to all you PCF-a-t-s who say console is just a complicated as PC gaming now: just because you say something enough times doesn't make it so.
Yeah, you have to install the game on modern console.
Yeah, patching is common
But all the time that ive had to wait on a patch to download or a game to install pales in comparison to the time I've spent searching, trying, searching again, troubleshooting, and experimenting to sometimes just get a game to not crash on startup.
And don't get me started on all the games that are either released broken on PC and never fixed or the ones that have become nearly unplayable because they were only really compatible with operating systems from the last decade.
>>
>>380935094
Three RAM sticks means single channel on this motherboard.
>>
>>380935279
>>380935370
Ebin paste mate
>>
>>380932262
Nice, with this I can play games in 4k right?
>>
File: 1476521694301.jpg (78KB, 459x634px) Image search: [Google]
1476521694301.jpg
78KB, 459x634px
why dont people just

>assemble your very own pc to play with your turbo weeb shut in friends
>buy xbox console to play with your asian/white friends
>buy playstation console to play with your black/mexican friends
>buy nintendo so your niece/nephew can get distracted while they visit
>>
>>380935656
At about the same mediocre performance as the Xbonex, yeah.
>>
>>380935279
>>380935370
I'm this guy >>380935187
PC gaming still has its merits despite my rant on windows 10. I still enjoy my outdated gaming PC for insurgency and killing floor multiplayer. Theres also some niche games like stalker series and great PC games like civ 4. PC gaming has gotten better but I think its hit a point where its getting worse.
>>
>>380935498

PC GAMERS LMAO
>>380935625
>>
>>380935656
No, you can't
>>
>>380935656
Yes
>>
>>380934465
Unironically a G4560. It's pretty much an i3, it can take up to a GTX 1060 (6GBs of VRAM)/RX 580, move Gta V at 1080p/Ultra/~90 FPS and has the best path upgrade possible.
>>
>>380935767
It can't run http://wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-native-4k-xb1x/
>>
>>380935656
Nope
>>
>>380935656
With the parts he listed, you can't. Consoles tends to be more powerful than their exact PC counterpart.
>>
>>380935252
Controllers are in fact the comfiest way to play videp games. Thats why despite not being as pin-point accurate as a kb+m its just more enjoyable using a controller.
>>
File: ....jpg (17KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
17KB, 408x286px
>>380936031
>>380935931
>>380935852
>>380935767
>>
>>380935150
Why is it so hard for you people to admit that it's literally impossible to build a PC that's as good as the xbox one X for the same price as of now?
>>
>>380935656

1800p check boarded with mixed medium high setting at 20-30 fps? Yes
>>
Will this be liquid cooled or come with a case of the same quality and form factor as the X's shell? No? Oh.

Surely you'll be getting peripherals greater or equal to the quality of an Xbox controller, rig- huh? You mean it's just a generic Fisher-Price M&K? Oh.

At least you have a quality PSU and HDD, right? Oh..
>>
>>380936163
>Why is it so hard for you people to admit that it's literally impossible to build a PC that's as good as the xbox one X for the same price as of now?
Cause it was proven to be true in OPs post
>>
>AMD FX CPU
8350 here
Don't do it.
The GPU should be fine.
>>
>>380936329
I don't see it
>>
>>380932262
>that cpu

at least splurge on an i7 or something come on

emulation is really what makes a PC
>>
>>380936329
And it's still missing a $60 controller and a UHD blu-ray drive that the xbox one X includes for $500. The OP proves actually that it's impossible.
>>
>>380936329
>Not 4k gaming
Sorry, no.
>>
Guys, seriously. If you don't spend at least $800 on a PC built for gaming, you are pissing your money away. You're going to get it, build it, be incredibly disappointed, and then shitpost about how PC gaming is a meme.

Either spend a MINIMUM of $800 for a mid-tier PC or just fuck off with your poorfaggotry.
>>
>>380935279
I know this is bait/C&P but I'll bite anyways since I'm really bored right now:
A XBX also has to go through multiple system and game updates.

About PC:
>Completely wrong.
>No unless you want to.
>That's your problem, literally.
>No unless you want to.
>Or you can use GOG. You can also buy a game on Steam and then pirate it if you're that much morally-conflicted.
>¿? ... which benefits exactly?
>It's the fucking same/worse on Consoles.
>That's hardly a problem if you properly set everything like the C++ Libraries or .NET Framework installations on Day 1.
>Source or gtfo.
>How's that PC Related? Indies just exist, it's not the platform's fault.
>Read ^.
>Steam Share thing. That's a subjective point anyways though.
>What's exactly wrong with that..?
>Subjective.
>Subjective.
>Again, if you set everything on Day 1, you won't get those kind of problems.
>Depends on a lot of things like the time you play in or the game, but it's kinda fair enough.
>Subjective and why would you want to play split screen anyways?
>Subjective, seek professional help.
>>
>>380934793
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Never heard of RAM bottlenecking before, especially more ram than less
>>
>>380936163
If anyone takes that build seriously, let them waste their money. Nothing wrong with letting retards burn themselves.

I honestly assumed this was a bait thread about how impossible it is to match the price and power of X1X.
>>
>>380936575
>>still missing a $60 controller
>actually using this as an arguing point when there's more controller options like cheap controllers and keyboard and mouse which IS a controller (and included in the build)
Good try though
>>UHD blu-ray drive
Yawn, there's only like 10 UHD movies who cares there's no content for it so no need
>>
>>380937664
XBX has those things. Your shitty PC doesn't.
>>
If anyone is actually building this then post a photo on /x/ so i can have a good laugh.
>>
>>380937954
/v/*
>>
>>380937954
>If anyone is actually building this then post a photo on /x/ so i can have a good laugh.
I'm going to build it because based off all the benchmarks and videos I've seen of the components like the CPU and GPU, I highly believe this build will be on par if not better than the 1X
Just you wait
>>
>>380937954
/x/ makes sense though because this shit is so old anyone interested in it HAS to be at least 300 years old. Or y'know, a ghost.
>>
File: clickbait.jpg (526KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
clickbait.jpg
526KB, 708x1000px
Let's make a checklist
1. 30 fps
2. Dynamic resolution (aka not 4k)
3. Checkerboard rendering (aka not 4k)
4. 2+3= maximum meme
5. Reduced texture filtering and/or delayed texture loading (digital foundry found it)
6. Mixture of medium-high effects vs ultra on pc
7. Application of TA-AA (aka not 4k, but looks ok)
Now, if you did all of these on the PC you can get "4k" with just a Rx 580 and g4560. In fact, I can play any and all games at 4k 30fps with my rx 480 if settings are set to high. Only in ultra does it fall below 30fps in some games, if I set it to 1800p like these "pro" consoles then even those games have no problems anymore.
But that would be a silly thing to do. 100+ fps at 1080p with decent AA is vastly superior to anything the consoles can offer. Granted, 100+ fps at 4k would be even better but for that you still need a system that costs over 1k while 1080p is doable under $500.
>>
>>380932262
Nice op
>>
>>380936575
>b-but you can't use blue-ray
>PC hasn't used physical media as a primary method of distribution for years
Even Sony dropped that garbage. Nobody wants physical discs.
It's like getting a car that uses corn ethanol and then bragging about it.
>>
>>380940541
Sorry. Your build has less features than the xbox one x. It's objectively inferior. And that's a fact.
>>
>>380940608
>Your build has less features than the xbox one x.
Oh shit m8, I can use AutoCAD on an XB1X?
Please anon, tell me more.
>>
>>380941185
First you tell me how those UHD blu-rays are on your PC without an UHD blu-ray drive which comes build in with the XBX.
>>
>>380940608
Not that guy but your sperging has reminded me that for the last 6 years I did not have any optical media player in my house. If I was going prepare a new build I wouldn't have included one either - that's not because I was trying to cut costs but instead of its triviality in the PC space I would have forgotten it.
But I do agree, X box one X™ has more features or components that these builds. Its kind of like how somebody with a broken leg and a cane has more "features" than me. Objectively true if you define features as number of components in both platforms, however irrelevant or unnecessary that feature might be to said platform.
Also this>>380941185. This an analog to the optical drive in a PC for you.
>>
>>380935656
Consoles are always cheaper than equivalently priced PC counterparts because Sony and Microsoft also make money from their exclusive games. I even read somewhere that at a certain point, Sony and Microsoft were selling their consoles at a loss but they were making more than enough cash from their exclusive games and from online fees to cover it.
For an extra $100-$300 you can build a PC equivalent to or even better than a modern console plus you don't need to pay the yearly online subscription and you save money on games plus you get all the other benefits of a PC over console. It's more expensive in the short run but far cheaper in the long run. OP's PC is basically a bare minimum modern gaming PC build.
>>
>>380941301
Not until you tell me whether or not I can use AutoCAD or Maya on an XB1X.
I'll wait, take your time.
>>
>>380941307
Before I even read your wall of text do you acknowledge that the xbox one x is superior since it has more shit for the same amount of money or are you sperging out again?
>>
>>380941404
Sorry but I'm not letting you move the goalpost.
>>
>>380941459
Who's moving the goalpost?
You say XB1X is better because it has UHD blu-ray while that PC doesn't, I put forth that that PC is better because you can use programs like Photoshop, AutoCAD, and Maya on it.
If you're going to include non-gaming applications then there's no reason not to include the plethora of non-gaming applications available on a PC but not on an XB1X.
So tell me, can I use these applications on an XB1X?
>>
>>380941414
Learn to read as I have answered both your question gave my own opinion in that post you piece of shit 12 year old mongoloid middle-class vermin with Alzheimer and downs.
Fuck your console war corporate bootlicking and start using your brains maggots. I am out of this thread, I was a fucking retard to expect people CAPABLE OF READING in a /v/ thread.
>>
>>380941623
>B-but they're features I don't personally use! They don't count!
>>
File: GameClip-Original.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GameClip-Original.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>380935252
What was that about controllers?
>>
>>380941623
>Who's moving the goalpost?
You. My original post said that the UHD blu-ray drive and the controller were missing from the build in the OP. This is the original argument. You are trying to move away from it. And no, you can find someone else to do that because you still simply can't accept that for the same amount of money you get those in the XB1X but not in the PC. It's a fact and your autism is too strong to accept it.
>>
>>380942590
>My original post said that the UHD blu-ray drive and the controller were missing from the build in the OP.
And my point is that the UHD drive doesn't matter because it doesn't effect the games, you're bringing up something non-game related, so I will do the same.
So again, can I use Photoshop on an XB1X?
>>
>>380942726
That point is factually wrong.
>>
>>380942402
Quite impressive, for a controller user. Its like winning a medal at the para-Olympics, quite impressive for having such a handicap but not worthy of passing even qualifiers of the normal Olympics.
>>
>>380942835
But it's not, I don't need an UHD drive to play games on a PC.
In fact, even modern physical versions of PC games that come with discs don't include blu-rays, but rather regular old CDs, so using a blu-ray drive would be a net loss since I wouldn't be able to read/write the few physical PC games that actually get released.
>>
>>380941414
How can you say the Xbox One X is superior when it's not even released yet? All thats been confirmed is that it will be 30 FPS and it can run Minecraft on a HD texture pack.
>>
>>380942981
You are not the center of the universe. Get over yourself. The fact that the xbox one x has it and your PC doesn't means the xbox one x has objectively more for the same amount of money. It's that simple. Your opinion, feelings and autism don't mean shit since it's factual.
>>
>>380943090
>The fact that the xbox one x has it and your PC doesn't means the xbox one x has objectively more for the same amount of money.
But the fact that that PC can use Photoshop, AutoCAD, and Maya means that that PC has objectively more for the same amount of money.
It's that simple.
Your opinion, feelings and autism don't mean shit since it's factual.
>>
>>380943186
Nice moving the goalpost again.
>>
>>380943335
PC has objectively more for the same amount of money anon, I'm sorry you can't accept it.
>>
>cheap build
>m-master race!

Fuck off, young cunts
>>
>checkerboarding 4k

prove it faggots
>>
>>380943421
Well, on a console can you, edit videos, make music, edit photos, have multiple screens to play on, and not get fucked in the ass by online fees and overpriced games?
>>
>>380943421
you understand consoles have internet browsers now right and get this you can even download shit from the internet onto the xbox
>>
>>380943712
>>380935985
>>
>>380944063
Again, you can't download photoshop, AutoCAD, Maya, or really any proper video/audio editing software on a console.
And even with the browser most of the shit you can download flat out doesn't work or is limited to basic shit.
Consoles have the productivity capabilities of a modern smartphone without any of the portability and a worse input device for anything but gaming.
>>
File: destiny bundle.jpg (1008KB, 4744x2542px) Image search: [Google]
destiny bundle.jpg
1008KB, 4744x2542px
>>380932262
My old laptop has been used every single day for 7 years this winter, and cost 300 bucks back in 2010. Just today, I decided to "upgrade." I now have 4gb of ram (double my old toshiba), and a 1st generation i3 (within spitting distance of my celeron) in my Sony Vaio that I got on ebay for 80 bucks. I get it monday, and will install Linux Mint 18.2 on it when it drops later this month.

I never pay full price for anything, and, as such, don't play vidya on PC. I got my PS4 for 200 bucks the day the Pro dropped (pic related), and got my Wii U around a year before the PS4 for 200 with 2 games included (Smash and MK8 - both of which I wanted, meaning I actually only paid 80-100 for the console itself).

The way I see it, I'm money ahead, as both of those console have a ton of games I want to play that the PC doesn't have.
>>
>>380932262
XBOTS BTFO
>>
>>380934634
But it's true. PC optimization is generally shit. It's really a shame that it's that way, but it is.
>>
>>380944230
>cant download photoshop
Not photoshop but there is solid photo editing apps which you can do more than the basic
>autocad maya
niche apps no one cares about but you can have that one
>no '''''''''proper''''' video/audio editing
you moved the goalpost
>most the shit you download doesnt work
yes it does
>Consoles have the productivity capabilities of a modern smartphone
maybe the PS4 not the X1 the X1s browser is much better than phone browsing I dont have mobile versions of websites
>>
>>380937015
I spent ~12,000 on my new build. I just guess I don't like PC gaming anymore. Too many poorly optimized games desu. Now I'm left with an expensive shitposting machine that I'll occasionally play PC specific games on and some well optimized FPS games.
>>
>>380946784
>but there is solid photo editing apps which you can do more than the basic
No, not really, most of them are worse than the default photo editing app on Android.
>niche apps no one cares about
Nigger, how do you think games are made?
>you moved the goalpost
Good luck editing a Youtube video on an XB1.
>maybe the PS4 not the X1 the X1s browser is much better than phone browsing
No, not really, it's not as shit as the PS4 but the browser is extremely limited.
Does the Edge on the XB1 even have extension support?
>>
>>380947143
Not who you were responding to, but I've never spent 12 grand on anything. My car is 2400, my bed is 1,000, my TV is 600, my rent is 4800/yr, and, since switching to Linux, I've never spent more than 150 on a computer, and I've always been satisfied with the performance.
>>
>not factoring in the price of the OS and Monitor
heh, nice try pcbro
>>
File: 1444812534651.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1444812534651.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>DDR3
>RX 570
>FX
>>
>>380934634
>>380946753
>Whats going to run better, software designed for this specific setup or software designed for a million different setup combinations

Its not magic, its common sense
>>
File: 1453259624643.webm (3MB, 1088x612px) Image search: [Google]
1453259624643.webm
3MB, 1088x612px
>>380934634
I figured that meme would die with all the console games this gen that run like absolute shit, but consolefags are pretty delusional.
>>
>>380947378
Holy shit not 12,000 I'm stupid. 1,200
>>
>>380932262
Dropping in to note you shouldn't get three RAM sticks. Get either two or four. You half the speed or them if you get an odd amount. The first D in DDR RAM stands for duo.
>>
>>380947609
You can download a windows 10 ISO for free from microsoft's website.
>>
>>380947609
>>380948718
And you can just hook it up to a TV
>>
>>380948229
Ok. Much more reasonable. I'm sure you could get a real beast at 12k, but there does hit a point of diminishing returns.
>>
>>380948845
Depends on the rig and the TV. Of course, it's worth spending the extra couple of bucks to get an HDMI out.
>>
>>380932262
spend slighty more and get real cpu like 1400 and ddr4 ram..
>>
>>380936782
XboneX isn't 4k either my friend
>>
>>380949079
GPUs come with HDMI cords m8, also every modern console requires an HDMI connection.
>>
>>380949165
Thought you were talking about PCs. But again, the additional cost is rather cheap.
>>
File: 115740.png (246KB, 476x376px) Image search: [Google]
115740.png
246KB, 476x376px
>thinking about buying a new pc
>don't want windows 10
>>
>>380932262
>Rx 570

Anon please, you almost had it.
>>
>>380949103
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd
Suggestions?
>>
>>380949269
Then load up Windows 7. Or Linux Mint. Or literally anything but Win10.

Still can't believe you need 4 GB of ram for that piece of shit OS.
>>
>>380949363
r5 1400 + cheapeast b350 board only 8gb of ddr4.
>>
>>380949491
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions bro.
>>
>>380934432
it doesnt make that much of a difference
>>
>>380949439
The place I buy my pre-builds don't use win7 anymore.
But guess I could buy a pc without OS and try and install it myself.
>>
>>380949356
what do we put in it instead?? It has to be the same price.
>>
>>380949682
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dvj9d6
>>
>>380949637
Just buy a Windows 7 disk. It would be a 1-time investment, and you could use it indefinitely.

Here's the 32 and 64 bit Ultimate on ebay, going for like 55 bucks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-32-64-Full-Retail-Version-2-DVDs-Product-Key-/263023183765?hash=item3d3d674795:g:44YAAOSwq1JZE8Fz
>>
>>380949154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85Fshj2eiY&t

>True 4k
>60 FPS
>>
>>380949682
Well if we want to actually out perform the bonex we need to replace the useless 8350 and the non OC motherboard aswell.

You really can't do it without some nice sales, 650$ would do it.
>>
File: 1388161.jpg (278KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388161.jpg
278KB, 800x600px
>>380949892
Noice, I'll remember that if I go through with it, cheers.
>>
>>380949978
Glad to help. Just be sure to do it sooner, rather than later. Windows 7 is in demand, and there are only so many disks that haven't been used. Over time, you can expect the price to keep going up.
>>
Yeah, that would be impossible. Xbonex is the strongest machine ever.
>>
>>380949772
You're good!
>>
>>380949978
J U S T P I R A T E I T.
>>
>>380932262
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7RF2nn
>>
>>380950145
Pirating an OS is always a bad idea. You never know what they may have stuck in there.
>>
>>380947376
Im not using edge im using a 3rd party browser that I paid for, yes edge is fucking trash you cant even download/post pictures on 4chan with that

the point is outside of certain things on the creating side. Consoles are becoming more like PCs the line is starting to being blurred, I can even play with KB+M if I wanted to,when the X1X im pretty sure you will be able to mess with
settings

not sure about extensions 2bh never used 4Chan X
>>
>>380949919
I can't watch it; the guy playing is so fucking bad. My 15 year old self playing Gran Turismo 3 was better than this.
>>
Literally no reason to get an XboneX unless you are poor
>>
>>380949919
>what turned out to be only true 4K first party Xbox One X title Microsoft brought to E3.
Kek
>>
>>380950216
ssd? 650W psu? 500W psu is all you need these days, also get hdd instead of ssd.
>>
>>380939085
good god some artists are just fucking unreal at how good they are
>>
>>380950274
That's not even a justifiable reason, considering the PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim, PS4 base, Xbone S, Xbone base, and Switch are or will be cheaper by the time the Xbone X launches.
>>
>>380932262
>Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities.

This still happens?
>>
>>380932262
Why try to be the same as an Xbox one x I don't understand...why not just be better? What do these threads prove?
>>
>>380950407
I didn't say don't buy a console. I said don't buy Xbox. I have a PS4pro and a 1080ti.
>>
>>380936085
This, Yes I am better with a kbm but its great to have a controller in hand and be able to kick back
>>
File: pages.jpg (1MB, 1248x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pages.jpg
1MB, 1248x1200px
>>380949103
>>380949363

This is a mock up for price but microcenter gives you 50 bucks off decent AM4 mobos if you get a ryzen cpu with it

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9xhLgL

The xbox one x is going to run you 60 dollars extra just to get online.

With this pc, you have an AM4 mobo meaning you can upgrade the cpu if you want later.

3 years down the line MS and sony will toss a 400-500 dollar system. Not including the $180 dollars of paid online for those 3 years.

All you have to do is put all that cash into a top tier video card and block them the fuck out. It can be 200-500 dollars.
>>
>>380950519
You said the only reason to buy an Xbone X is if you're poor. That's not even a justification, as its the most expensive console there is.
>>
>>380950264
>Im not using edge im using a 3rd party browser that I paid for
Oh my god my fucking sides.
What browser is this? I'd love to hear about it.
>Consoles are becoming more like PCs the line is starting to being blurred
No, consoles are becoming more like phones, my phone can do everything on the multimedia side that the XB1 can do with more support, more options, and a more intuitive control scheme, thanks to being open source.
As far as these applications go, PC (most/best options) > tablets (similar to PC, with less options but more portable) > phones (similar to tablets, but even more portable) > consoles (least options of all, least support, and non-portable).
Consoles need to stick to focusing on games and stop trying to be these jack-of-all trades media boxes, because there are already better options for that that are cheaper and more widespread.
>>
>DDR3

LOL

>AMD - FX-8300

Cmon dude

Also

>No OS
>A fucking 4 dollar mouse
>>
>>380950598
You can be poor and still think you can afford a xbonx
>>
>>380950260
I've been using a pirated version of Windows 7 since 2012.
>>
>>380950686
Filtered
>>
>>380950686
Build a better PC for the same price.
>>
>>380950742
You can be poor and afford literally every other console if you can afford the Xbone X. And, if you're poor, you likely don't have a TV to where you will even notice the difference, since they went on record a year ago and said the frame rate would be locked to keep parity to the original Xbone.

>>380950758
Good for you.
>>
>>380934432
Oh god, controller is painful to use for shooters. Only games I've used it on PC for since I got one last year have been Saints Row and Nier Automata. As to being at a disadvantage I have a friend who plays Battlefield 1 on PC with a controller and he does just fine. You'll get mercilessly bullied by your friends with it but there are enough people who are shit at games for you to still do well
>>
>>380950686
You can get windows 10 for free from microsoft's official website.
>>
Just spend the extra money and be set for at least until over the next decade at this rate.
Consoles barely improved in performance this gen so it's only perfectly reasonable to assume they'll barely get any better next gen.
>>
>>380950904
>Being so naive to think that MS is giving you a free OS out of the goodness of their hearts.

I should thank MS, honestly. If they didn't release the turd that was 10, I never would have jumped ship.
>>
>>380951075
I never mentioned anything about how great microsoft was. I just pointed out you could get windows 10 for free.
>>
>>380951183
You can get pretty much any flavor of Linux for free, and all of them are better than Windows 10.
>>
I built one for $600 that's stronger over a year ago.
>>
>>380951219
I agree. I personally just have an ssd that runs windows 10 for when I wanna play XBONE exclusive or a game that does't run on linux.
>>
>>380950585

So why aren't people doing this instead? Ryzen beats the shit out of the cpu in op and runs down the jaguar in the xbox one x so hard it's not even funny. It has better ram and it's $560. As much as the xbox one x with 1 year of online. And let's be honest you're going to need more than 1 year for all those multiplayer games ms always puts out. Which is smart since it gets people to sub.

If you're really hard up, you can even pirate games and save up for other parts if you so wish to do so.

In the end, MS or Sony will put out a new system due to their new iterative model which will run another 400-500 since you can't re use parts. With that pc it just needs a video card swap. On consoles, you'll be stuck paying online subs all those years even for games you just wanna pop in and out. Consoles were pretty decent before the online subs to get online became a thing.
>>
>>380932383
>Still butthurt pcbro? You made me want to buy a PC.

What did he mean by this? Isn't the Scorpio or whatever basically just a Microsoft version of a Steam Box?
>>
>>380950585
yup this build looks good and perform better at 1080p than xbonex, 4k is a meme and xbonex wont be real 4k in most games anyway.
>>
>>380951219
What flavor of linux do I get for gaming? Are all those rumors about it running with barely any heat true? I hear it's also kinda complex to use.
>>
>>380944230
Dude, average kid won't care for photoshop or Maya. He'll something to play games on.
For 500$ he can get a console, which will play all games that will come out in the next 5-7 years, and 500$ build will be shit in 2 years.
That's why the consoles still are doing great. You don't need to upgrade them every 2 years.

If you want to be '''artist''' and use PS or maya, you don't fucking buy a console.

How can you be so autistic to try and prove point completely unrelated to the issue.
>>
>>380951457
Dual partitions work, as well. I have the smallest one I can get, pretty much so I don't have to rely on the iCloud for my phone backups (don't judge me, I got an iPhone 6s literally for free, and I like the new file system's encryption).
>>
>>380951631
We'll want something*
>>
>>380932262
>Implying this would even manage to hit 4k at 10fps, let alone 30 or 60

Lel
>>
File: cryingsony.jpg (63KB, 558x845px) Image search: [Google]
cryingsony.jpg
63KB, 558x845px
>>380932262
>HE THINKS HE CAN PLAY GAMES AT 4K@60FPS IN THAT THING WITH A STOCK COOLER
>>
>>380951572
Whatever you want. I use Mint, personally, because I'm willing to waste a little more ram to have things just work (it's still under 1GB of ram). If you're gonna configure shit with WINE, it can take a while to get proper, but I took the stance of, "If it doesn't run on Linux, I don't play it." The good news is that most new games on Steam are compatible with Ubuntu-based distros like Mint.
>>
>>380942402
Looks like you just really suck at the game, to be honest.

Try M+KB some day, Anon.
You'll never go back.
>>
>>380932262
>Wanting to run 4k@15fps on a PC that will be outdated in 6 months.
>>
>>380951631
>Dude, average kid won't care for photoshop or Maya. He'll something to play games on.
This is an 18+ site m8, and even most of the posters here have likely used Photoshop at least once.
Hell, I've used Photoshop for those oil painting threads.
>For 500$ he can get a console, which will play all games that will come out in the next 5-7 years, and 500$ build will be shit in 2 years.
m8, consoles are shit the moment they come out, look at the PS4/XB1/PS4 Pro.
>That's why the consoles still are doing great. You don't need to upgrade them every 2 years.
>consoles
console*
The only console doing well is the PS4, the WiiU was a joke, the XB1 is selling worse than the 360, the Vita was the Vita, and the 3DS is selling worse the DS.
The Switch is still pretty new, so who knows, at the very least it won't be a WiiU-tier failure, but chances are the Switch and WiiU combined lifetime sales won't reach the Wii's combined lifetime sales.
Hell, I doubt the WiiU, Switch, Vita, XB1, PS4 Pro, and XB1X combined will reach Wii lifetime sales.
>If you want to be '''artist''' and use PS or maya, you don't fucking buy a console.
Well first of all, even non-artists use Photoshop, fucking Youtubers use Photoshop you dumbass.
>How can you be so autistic to try and prove point completely unrelated to the issue.
The whole reason this devolved into non-gaming applications was because another anon brought up something non-gaming and used it as an advantage, so I brought up the non-gaming advantages of PC.
If you don't want to go down this road, stop bringing up crap that's unrelated to gaming.
>>
>>380932262
>He's not building a PC more powerful than the Xbox One X for the same price ...

... to play visual novels on Steam.

There' s something about those PC exclusive games..
>>
>>380935150
40 a year
>>
File: 1446302982530.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446302982530.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>380952032
>Xbot talking about exclusives
>>
>>380932262
Where's the OS?
>>
>>380952032
Don't forget Steam Sales, Humble Bundles, and free online.
>>
>>380952108
www.thepiratebay.com
>>
>>380952108
Just use linux. Or hell, download windows10 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
>>
>>380952182
Then couldn't you just steal an Xbox one X and the whole thing will be free?
>>
>>380952257

You could also just steal a 3000 dollar pc :)
>>
>>380952257
Good idea!
>>
>>380952305
So THIS is the pc master race
>>
File: 1478603933900.jpg (466KB, 1985x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1478603933900.jpg
466KB, 1985x1418px
>>380932262
>What's your excuse, /v/?
The future is Atari.
>>
lol my gtx 1070 i7 6700k 32 gb ddr4 3tb hdd 240gb ssd msi z170a m5 is better than whatever piece of shit microfag makes after xbox one x and better than a ps5
>>
File: _DSC9556.jpg (333KB, 1196x797px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC9556.jpg
333KB, 1196x797px
>>380951925
yes that partially true.
Prey and newDooD i just cant play on controller

but desteny, halo, gears of war, resistance are just made for the controller. and plays better

tps, arcades and other stuff just more comfortable with controller
>>
File: 1497041906910.png (1MB, 2088x3386px) Image search: [Google]
1497041906910.png
1MB, 2088x3386px
You're welcome PC"""""BROS"""""""
>>
>>380932262
>AMD - FX-8300

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>380943186
But the fact that that PC can use Photoshop, AutoCAD, and Maya means that that PC has objectively more for the same amount of money

Uh but those things cost money too anon. They don't come with the PC
>>
File: jeh.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jeh.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>380953068
>cost money too anon
>not getting it for free

wew
>>
>>380951219
>You can get pretty much any flavor of Linux for free, and all of them are better than Windows 10.
hahaha if you realy think linux is better then windows for gaming you are an autistic cuck that needs to grow up.
i use linux heaps for server but fuk man ur dumb if ou think a home user would use a unix system for a gaming OS
>>
>>380953260
Could you link me to the crack? :3
>>
>>380953415
I haven't had any issues with Mint.
>>
>>380953474
>Mint.
so ur telling me u can play every since game the windows OS can naively?
>>
>>380953426

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ITPw67i3gGblhBbGlUek5EekU/view
>>
>>380953474
Take a quick picture of your desktop. And could you tell me all of the programs you've installed? I fell for the linux is shit meme. I just wanna know the essentials to make linux good.
>>
>>380953620
Why, thank you!
>>
>>380932262
I live in Canada with the Canadian dollar and Canadian electronic prices
>>
>>380953559
Windows 10 can't play every game that every Windows OS can natively. Go ahead: try playing Command and Conquer's Red Alert 1 on Windows 7 without having to do anything more than pop in the disk.
>>
>>380952143
>Steam Sales, Humble Bundles,
Even more pathetic than piracy IMO
>>
>>380953849
That's a curious opinion, how do you justify it?
>>
>>380953897
With piracy you get what you want when you want
>>
>>380953645
My desktop is pretty bare. Not going to be so bold as to claim that Linux will do everything you want it to do as well as Windows (just like Windows won't do everything as well as Linux). That said, you can tell me what it is you are looking to do, and I'd be more than happy to tell you a Linux option if I know one.
>>
>>380952413
>my 2k usd "gaming" pc is better than their 500usd console hehehe
>>
File: speccy.jpg (34KB, 498x309px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
34KB, 498x309px
>>380932262
>What's your excuse, /v/?
Because i've already got good PC.
>>
>>380953782
>autism triggered
>diverting attention away from my question
i left it open so u autists wouldnt say im cherry picking, trucking hell are you that spastic?
so i think it will be easyer since its a short list what games can it play that the current version of windows can?
or is that going to trigger you even more cos you cant come up with more then 3 games.
im sick of you autists thinking unix based systems are good for personal use atm and dont get that even though they are far supirior then windows you cant game on a unix system to the extent that you can on a windows.
>>
File: 1496170738338.jpg (41KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496170738338.jpg
41KB, 450x450px
>>380932262
He's too poor to own both.
>>
>>380954000
Virtual machines?
>>
>>380954153
What's the point of owning PC and xboxPC?
>>
>>380954126
>diverting attention away from my question
Not at all. You were just using a measuring stick that not even Windows lives up to. It is entirely fair to point out that you are using different standards to justify your choice of OS.

>or is that going to trigger you even more cos you cant come up with more then 3 games.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2363780/software-games/linux-gaming-rising-7-big-name-pc-games-that-now-call-linux-home.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2824526/steam-for-linux-tops-700-games-as-big-name-games-increasingly-call-it-home.html

That list of 700 games is from October 2014. As to whether the 35 games are "killer," is certainly up to each person's opinion, I just figured you might appreciate it, nonetheless.
>>
Can you help me with a build For 1080p60fps gaming?
>>
>>380952018

Okay, I'll try to explain you as to a child why you're missing the point of consoles.

If you are any content creator, you won't buy a console but PC.
If you want cheap gaming platform that will let you play every new game that comes out for it, all without worry that it won't run on your PC, you buy a console.

It's all about sperging at this point.
If you want to play games - you buy a console for 250-500$
If you have cash to throw into a high performance and use it for work AND gaming, you buy PC for 800-2000$+

Every console user has at least laptop or PC at home to run PS or other programs, but they don't want to throw 1000$ on better PC just to play games in spare time.
Also if you have little kids, it's better for them to use console than PC.
>>
>>380954339
>only 700 games
ok anon u have fun on your little toy while i do the smart thing and using windows to game and unix biased systems for my servers.
how is your fedora doing anon have you saved any m'ladys in it yet?
i bet your real ccool irl and eveyone must thing you realy smart cos you 'game' on a unix platform LOL XDXD
>>
>>380954165
Linux has them, and most people use them.

https://www.linux.com/learn/why-when-and-how-use-virtual-machine

>Which Virtual Machine to Use
>Because we are talking about Linux here, you have several options, such as VMware, Qemu, KVM, Xen, and VirtualBox, among many others; each with their own pros and cons. Of these, I prefer VirtualBox (see Figure 1 above), even though solutions like KVM can be more powerful and efficient. The reason I chose VirtualBox is that it’s extremely easy to use even by a new Linux user. It has tons of features and functionalities that can be easily accessed without any hard-core technical knowledge. The biggest advantage is its cross-platform support -- you can install VirtualBox on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
>>
>>380954482
You don't need to spend that much money on gaming pc. You're posting on a thread disproving that. Not ever car is a Ferrari.
>>
OP's suggested PC would be dogshit in everyday use. The X1X has already shown it gives a better experience than something like this build. I'm a tremendous PC-loving faggot, but I am totally buying an X1X 'cuz it's less of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>380954525
>only 700 games.
3 years ago. Also, that's not including games that you can run via WINE or another VM. But I proved, that 3 years ago, there was a list of games that were more than 233 times the "3 games" you were asking for.
>>
>>380954482
>Okay, I'll try to explain you as to a child why you're missing the point of consoles.
I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the point of consoles was to play fucking video games.
They don't do anything besides that better than a phone.
>If you want cheap gaming platform that will let you play every new game that comes out for it, all without worry that it won't run on your PC, you buy a console.
Considering these current mid-gen upgrades, that likely won't be the case for long.
Unless your idea of "running" is something like >>380948138, which would be considered unplayable for a PC user.
>Also if you have little kids, it's better for them to use console than PC.
Actually, the younger generation uses consoles less and less, hence why handhelds are dead in favor of phones and tablets.

Regardless none of what you're posting has anything to do with the argument at hand, I don't care about people buying a console because they're okay with a lesser experience, we're comparing the experience between a budget PC and a console, everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>380954582
>not using vsphere
kek
>>
>>380954696
I too am buying the Microsoft™ Xbox™ One™ X™, as it provides a great experience for true™ gamers.
>>
>>380954717
>run via WINE or another VM
oh realy ur going to say that after you were autistic about how Command and Conquer's Red Alert 1 on Windows 7 wont work?
nice to know im talking to an actual child now andwont even bother replying since you dont even know what the fuck your talking about/contradicting yourself
>>
>>380954624
Yes, you can build PC for 500$ but in a year you need to throw out another 200$ to it, and 3 years later you can't play any new games without problems. So you shit out another 200-300$ to what you have, and you're at 1000$, while consoles like ps4pro and xbone have a longer lifespan for less cash.
>>
>>380954582
>Having to run another OS in Linux or Mac to get things done

lol
>>
>>380954810

I really can't wait for it to come out with Forza Motorsport 7™. Game of the year 2017!
>>
>>380954120

>Missing the article.

But not good English slav rat face.
>>
>>380954896
>Yes, you can build PC for 500$ but in a year you need to throw out another 200$ to it, and 3 years later you can't play any new games without problems.
Yea no, that's not true, even to this day a 5 year old HD 7870 still provides a great experience for gaming on par with a PS4.
Hell, the 5 year old HD 7970 can reach PS4 Pro levels of performance in many games.
Consoles don't have long lifespans, they just turn down the settings and start running games like shit.
>>
>>380954879
>oh realy ur going to say that after you were autistic about how Command and Conquer's Red Alert 1 on Windows 7 wont work?
Yes, because we moved on from talking about running games natively to being able to run games at all. I gave you a 3 year old list of 700 games that could be run natively, and that added that WINE and VM's could increase that number, since you seemed to have conceded that there's not a single Windows OS that could run all Windows games.
>>
optimization is a selling point, you dumb niggers
>>
>>380932262
What's your excuse, /v/?
I already have one, but also I wouldn't want to buy a gpu in this market with those faggot cryptokiddies driving prices up.
>>
>>380955025
>He's not building a PC more powerful than the Xbox One X for the same price
>coz my machine is better
Everything fine here
>>
>>380954913
The dude I was responding to specifically asked about VMs. I get not reading a long chain of responses, but you could have at least looked into the context of my post, since I linked directly to it.
>>
File: Next gen 101.jpg (549KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Next gen 101.jpg
549KB, 2048x1152px
>>380955108
Optimization is a meme.
Consolefags get shit on when it comes to performance all the time, they're just used to it so they don't complain.
>>
>>380954896
>implying consoles aren't outdated as fuck but still manage to play new games.
The ps4 and xbone are made of parts from 2006.
>>
>>380955074
>moving goalposts
>putting your own words in the other persons mouth
>not listening at all
ok anon u have fun with that :)
>>
>>380935370
Ha ha ha. Nice b8 m8 made me reply.
>>
>>380955145
not him but dont run VMs man jsut dual boot, i dual boot from 7 into 10 just to use the xbawx360 emu
>>
>>380955267
>I want to judge Linux based on demands that my preferred OS can't even live up to. If it doesn't live up to those demands that my preferred OS can't live up to, then Linux is unilaterally worse.

K. Have fun with that.

>>380955325
I don't run VMs. He asked about them, I answered.
>>
>>380955145
that's cute
>>
>>380932262
>570x = 4.7tflops
>XO X=6tflops
You tell me anon, why are you building an inferior machine
>>
>>380955536
>Measuring performance based on TFLOPs
>Not even getting the 570's TFLOPs rating correct
Jesus christ m8.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2939/radeon-rx-570
>>
>>380955421
>keeps refering to unix to linix
hahah ur so autistic man, if you honestly think that unix biased stems are better then windows for gamign ur fucked in the head
>>
>>380932262
>>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GRYtFd

in my shitty country this PC build would cost ~$1000 and xbonex will probably be around $750. tfw still much more affordable for playing games when you look performance per dollar value.
>>
>>380955536
Comparing GPUs by tflops is just as dumb as comparing cameras by megapixels
>>
>>380932262
im sorry for you xfag you will miss out on hellblade just to buy a super locked down system with paid online
>>
File: hellblade-ninja-theory-2.jpg (909KB, 1510x900px) Image search: [Google]
hellblade-ninja-theory-2.jpg
909KB, 1510x900px
>>380932262
your loss.pc and ps4 owners gonna have a good time with this tho.
>>
File: 1493537439418.jpg (115KB, 1000x651px) Image search: [Google]
1493537439418.jpg
115KB, 1000x651px
>>380959059
>>380960069

>Ninja Theory
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.