[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have original PlayStation 3 >want to play old PlayStation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1497563293088.gif (911KB, 1277x705px) Image search: [Google]
1497563293088.gif
911KB, 1277x705px
>have original PlayStation 3
>want to play old PlayStation 2 games but no PlayStation 2 console
>look up and find out that PlayStation 3 can play all PlayStation 1 and 2 games
>WOOHOO!
>go to nearest gameXchange and get me some PlayStation 2 games like ace combat, resident evil and dog's life
>go home and put ace combat into PlayStation 3
>HURR DURR PLAYSTATION 3 DOES NOT SUPPORT PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES HURR DURR!!!
>...

FUCK!
>>
>>380931156
Goes to show that PlayStation 2 console is still the best.

Now the important question is which one is good? PlayStation 2 bulky or PlayStation 2 slim?
>>
>>380931156
All RE games are on the PS Store. Gay, I know; but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>380931156
>Retard who doesn't actually research shit beforehand
I'm glad you wasted your money
>>
>>380931343
Slim. Not that super slim version with the gay sliding cover, either.
>>
What does a PS2 cost? 15 bucks?
>>
>>380931604
>no memory cARDS
>>
>>380931489
Wait there's two slims?

What's the difference and what do they both look like?
>>
>>380931721
a memory card is even cheaper than that.
>>
>>380931604

Cheapest listing I saw on ebay was $40 with controllers, but otherwise they're fetching around $100 if you include a stack of games/modded HDD.
>>
I think it was only the very first gen of PS3s that were backwards compatible.
>>
Only certain versions of the 60GB PS3s played PS2 games. Then they purposefully removed the feature so they could sell the games to you again on the PSN store.
For the gamers.
>>
>>380931869

Yup, pretty much only the first run of the fat models did, though IIRC there was a CFW for later models that could add the feature back in.
>>
>>380931343
Bulky, i like it better in sense of design and the way it looks on a shelf, slim looks stupid way too skinny.
>>
If the PlayStation 3 is the original and it has four usb ports then it would be able to play all one and two ps games but if it has only two ports then it won't play either.

You just got megafucked over by sony.
>>
>>380932306
>by sony
By yourself
Ftfy
>>
>>380931156
Or you could hack that shit and play FREE PS2 games, asshole.
>>
I work in a game shop OP, and we get this question all the time.

If your ps3 has 4 usb ports, it's backwards compatible. Only the first run of ps3s had these, so if you have a slim or super slim ps3, you don't have a backwards compatible system.
>>
the original 20 and 60 gigs US (and JP if memory serves) models are backwards compatible with both PS1 and PS2.

some of the later EU models are compatible with PS2 too, but only through software, which means bugs.

I think every fat model is backwards compatible with PSX, though. not sure about Slim or Super Slim.
>>
>>380931791
He's probably misread your post and thought you said PlayStation 3
>>
>>380932974
all ps3s have ps1 compatibility
>>
>"When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much," Ryan told Time. "That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.