[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>12 years old >still among the top 10 grossing mmos How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20151110223206a0e8zseglpxnymjn.png (503KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
20151110223206a0e8zseglpxnymjn.png
503KB, 640x360px
>12 years old
>still among the top 10 grossing mmos

How did Maplestory succeed where most mmos have failed?
>>
One word: simplicity

There is no other MMORPG out there that is as simple as maplestory, that has as many players or profits as much.
>>
>tfw maplestory is slowly dying and the only worthwhile legacy is its private servers
>>
>>380924138
At one point it had the equivalent of facebook popularity among children.
>>
>>380925675
I forgot to mention the "in korea" part.
>>
>>380924138
Best loot system desu

every other game tries to trick you into thinking they have more varied stats but its just fluff like

INCREASE GOLD PICK UP BY 1 YARD
or
INCREASE RADIUS OF LIGHT BY 1 METER

also they didn't have hard gambling where maple story is mainly gambling. Only other game that comes close is PoE.
>>
>Dont have access to mommy's credit card? No problem, we'll just load up gas stations and 7/11's with nx cash!

They were rolling in it.
>>
This video is 11 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzxROmIXxjU
>>
>>380924138
Tried to play it when I was young, wouldn't let me and I had to live with seeing youtube AMVs being made with the characters.
>>
File: 1480398493873.jpg (286KB, 666x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480398493873.jpg
286KB, 666x720px
>>380926209
>2:03
>Magebelt: kek
>Uploaded on Mar 1, 2006
>>
>>380927009
we have proof of time travel
>>
>>380927009
>>380927169
kek was also a WoW thing, no?
>>
>>380926045

i did wonder sometimes how maplestory could get away with their item system being so basic.

you mostly just stack main stat % equips and that's it.
>>
We have a guild up on SlimeTales.
Whisper Silv, Kaban, or Particles for invite.
>>
>>380927684
I mean what else do you really need? Then again there are a bunch of other passive things you could get but % stats are the most worth while.
>>
>>380925072
I'd love another game similar to early MapleStory, but I know that deep down the magic and wonder of MMOs that I had when I was younger is gone now, so the overall experience just wouldn't be the same
Not to mention the current MMO userbase prefers shitty anti-social systems with stuff like duty finder and instanced dungeons
>>
Before it was due to its simplicity. It is 2D, there are very few cool down skills to use, knowing what skill to invest your points in is easier, a simple equipment system before the potential update, and had a decent social aspect.
>>
>>380927009
People have been saying kek (and also bur), since 2004, long before 4chan picked it up because of WoW.
>>
>>380924138
Early to the market and the FIRST game to conceive what Valve and Blizzard are now doing with 100x effect. (Selling NON gameplay-intrusive COSMETICS and MS DID IT WITH TIME LIMITS in them). The day valve and blizzard make cosmetics have a time limit would be another great day of reckoning.
>>
After playing the game for 10,000 hours and more and quitting years ago, the magic was the unique graphics and gameplay.

All the other mmos have the exact same gameplay. Maplestory was also really fucking hard. It felt rewarding playing.
Now Maplestory has gotten easier to level in, but level 200+ content is still somewhat hard
(if you aren't paying for cubes)
MMOs just need to get hard again.
Force players to play together, this is why everyone plays on the Private severs, they have the old difficulty.
Now you can just solo all the content in MMOs these days.
>>
>>380930663
The modern MMO generation is basically NOT LOOKING to play an MMO. That is why the only large-population MMO is STILL ONLY WOW, but notice how Wow paces itself to be basically a REALLY SHITTY single player RPG with grinding being its ONLY aspect and absolutely no depth of ANY RPG. So many players who want to play "multiplayer" but do everything solo.
>>
>>380927798
how do you get this shit to work on win10?

When I click the exe nothing happens but it sits in my task manager
>>
sex
>>
>>380931678
You need to switch to korean locale or emulate a korean locale
>>
>>380934256
Got it, thanks.

Ok gimme an invite I demand it
>>
>>380934256
Seems like too much of a hassle.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.