[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't like this game when I bought it, and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (41KB, 320x462px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_2.jpg
41KB, 320x462px
I didn't like this game when I bought it, and it's definitely my least favorite Silent Hill, but watching people talk about it online has made me hate it.

>The prevalent theme of sexual frustration ties in, as this beast is practically unclothed, trapped, writhing, has effeminate legs and buttocks, has feet that look like platform shoes, and spews a spray from its chest, possibly mirroring male ejaculation.
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Lying_Figure#Symbolism

The way people talk up the symbolism in this game is embarrassingly pretentious, and when it comes down to it every monster is just a walking penis metaphor.

Did anyone try this game after it was really hyped up for them? Were you horribly disappointed?
>>
One of the best games ever made.
>>
>>380923523
>but watching people talk about it online has made me hate it.
This is completely idiotic and you only have yourself to blame for using that awful fucking wiki.
>>
>>380923523
Congrats. You've devolved into a contrarian.

You'll fit right in here on /v/. Better get shitposting!
>>
>>380923523
No you're just a weak minded, easily malleable, piece of human garbage.
>>
>>380923523
Honestly anon, everyone does this with absolutely anything you can name. There's always people that will be pretentious and overthink something that's not as deep as they think. There's also a lot of people that realize the symbolism is there and just say literally that without fellating the thing they're referencing. Letting others ruin a good game for you seems like a bad idea, because this isn't the only place you're gonna experience this behavior. Sorry if I sound preachy, didn't mean to be. I just used to deal with this a lot personally until I realized it's a quick way to make yourself miserable.
>>
>>380924945
>when people say mean things about his favorite game, he won't stand for it

>>380925301
I understand there's a lot of fanfic on the internet, but the vast majority of people who have praised this game fall back on the symbolism as one of the reasons it's genius.
Yahtzee and a lot of other LPers/E-celebs praise the game for these reasons and it seems that the majority of people agree with them. This is mostly where I get this impression from.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.