[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

don't know if I'm the only one or not, maybe some of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: F1HK0GJG0KQK4ZJ.MEDIUM.jpg (50KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
F1HK0GJG0KQK4ZJ.MEDIUM.jpg
50KB, 620x465px
don't know if I'm the only one or not, maybe some of you guys feel the same, but does emulation never feel quite right to you guys? I don't know why but playing old games on my PC just doesn't feel quite the same than playing the games on their respective consoles. Does any one else feel this way?
>>
yes
you might as well watch a lets play and say you played it.
>>
works fine for me. aside from the few games that cant be emulated well
>>
>>380919729
It'll never be 1:1 to actual hardware because of internal structure, even if it looks practically the exact same to you, but gosh darn isn't convenient. Still I'll always prefer the real thing.
>>
>>380919729
Get a controller not a keyboard, feels sassy better.
>>
Most emulators cannot run games just as the native hardware did. So yeah, everything from lighting to how responsive controls feel can be bugged in an emulated game.
Just to emulate the NES perfectly requires like a 3.2 ghz CPU, usually what they'll do is code the emulator around popular games as its easier to just fix the specific thing that makes lighting freak out in a game than it is to make a 1:1 emulator that can run on real hardware
>>
File: 0mZ4h9x.jpg (98KB, 337x434px) Image search: [Google]
0mZ4h9x.jpg
98KB, 337x434px
>>380919989
supreme bait
>>
>>380919729
I love emulating. Playing random games with my 360 controller is great.
>>
Even with a solid, perfect emulator and the controller that came with the console, its never the same as playing on the console. It doesnt feel as organic to me.
>>
>>380919729
I have no frame of reference for a lot of games I emulate, so I can never say for sure.

You can almost always feel it emulating a rhythm game, or any other game that requires tight button presses.
>>
>>380919729
Emulation feels fine, relax you sperg
>>
>>380919729
USB controller and anything 4th gen or below should play almost perfectly with 5+ consoles running like ass.
>>
Depends on the system.

gen 4 and earlier I feel are 100% fine, with the exception of going so far back you're in zx territory, and DOS stuff where it's difficult to nail down.

gen 5 is perfectly dandy for ps1, but n64 is fucked.

Gen 6 is rough, but still pretty okay for PS2 and gc. I still run into issues pretty frequently though, usually just cosmetic or audio shit though.

Gen 7 is getting there surprisingly quick.

That said, even with a great emulator, it never replicates the experience of sitting down in front of a tube tv hearing the crackle when you turn it on, and leaning forward over and over to flip a console's switch on and on, popping out a cart, blowing on it, putting it in.

It's just part of an experience, a little ritual.
>>
>>380919729
Depends on the system and emulator.
I have been ´very fine with NES, SNES and GB games. Sure I would love to dick around my GBA games on my GBA SP from time to time but when a game can only be purchased by some looneys for a couple hundred bucks I feel dandy just playing it on the big screen anyway.
>>
>>380919729
You're retarded
>>
>>380919729
Mostly agree. But portable emulation of handheld games does feel right. At least if there are buttons lile in 3DS VC
>>
>>380921684
thanks friend
>>
>>380919729
I'm fine with emulation for the most part but I do find that I rarely actually want to sit down a complete any of my emulated games yet I'll keep playing games I've got on original hardware.
>>
>>380921059
>g-good enough!!!
>>
>>380919729

being a poorfag in the 90's I always tought of it as a godsend. there weren't any decent gamepads in the past, so you had to get good with KB only and like everything it was a matter of practice.
>>
There's a reason why most speedrunning communities don't allow emulator runs.
>>
>>380922063
The only reason is because most emulators don't emulate lag properly. They eliminate it. Which, for casual consumers, is convenient, but not so much if you're looking for a level playing field.
>>
>>380922063

Because they're sexless virgin spergs with no lives?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.