[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can paradox afford to shit on the players? EA games and co are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: paradox-og-image.png (42KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
paradox-og-image.png
42KB, 1200x630px
Can paradox afford to shit on the players? EA games and co are big. But paradox builds on a relatively small fanbase. Seems kinda risky
>>
File: 1491842311629.png (283KB, 836x981px) Image search: [Google]
1491842311629.png
283KB, 836x981px
>>380917176
Their fanbase are fucking autists who'll perform copious amounts of mental gymnastics and rationalize unfathomable lengths just to keep buying the base game for 60 dollars and the DLC pack for 30 dollars.
>>
>>380917176
Nah, normies buy their games now because it's trending or some shit. They can fuck their old fanbase without fear.
>>
File: 1447891246673.jpg (240KB, 900x682px) Image search: [Google]
1447891246673.jpg
240KB, 900x682px
I'm this one pirate that's waiting for Stellaris to finally become a good game through proper patching. Then I could proudly give some money to Paradox. But it's never going to happen. I actually liked the game more when it was in 1.1

Die, Paradox, die.
>>
>>380917176
>have a potato
>want to play a Paradox game
>click Play
>computer immediately starts shooting flames and pleading to be turned off

They optimize their games like shit.
I don't know how EU games can be so intensive when they have almost no graphics at all
Does Paradox make their RNGs by calculating as many digits as Pi as possible in a whole second and then taking the last digit?
I mean Jesus they have to be doing something hilariously intensive for an almost text based game like EU4 to be such a beast
>>
probably. they have control over a niche genre with very dedicated fans because nobody else makes those games. its just matter of shitting players just enough to where they will still buy games.
>>
Well NeoGaf sucks their dick for it, so apparently they can.
>>
>>380917176
>Can paradox afford to shit on the players?
What did they do now?
>>
>>380920234
Increased the base price of all their games and dlc, then decreased the % discount on sales
>>
>>380920175
Neogaf is a bunch of tribalist retards who jerk themselves off thinking they're a safespace for game devs
>>
>>380920352
That sucks
I was planning on buying some of their games once they got cheap enough
Guess that'll never happen
>>
>>380918438
What the fuck? When did Paradox games get popular?
>>
>>380917610
>just to keep buying the base game for 60 dollars and the DLC pack for 30 dollars.

You mean buy the base game for $30 and buy the DLC for $370.
>>
>>380921520
eu4 and ck2 retroactively
>>
>>380919914

its the ai

it's very cpu intesive so shit processors crap out
>>
>>380918438

I don't think normies play GS. Maybe 4x.
>>
>>380922015
Yet still completely incapable of playing the game it's designed for. Yes, i'm looking at you HoI4
>>
>>380920234
>increase prices of old games
>the phrase "remove kebab" now earns you an instant ban on paradox forums, there's a lengthy sticky about this topic, no exceptions
>saying remove baguette is hilarious though, no problem
>start whitewashing EU4 with subtle hints of political correctness, very slowly diluting the grit of that incredibly good grimdark atmosphere
>release the most unbalanced eu4 dlc in history, Ming can guarantee any nation in the world, it doesn't cost a relation and they get paid cash/manpower/mana for it, Ming never has rebels and is undefeatable because new technology rules
>westernisation is gone, with RNG the Congo can compete with western powers, muslim religIon has the best possible tech discount of all
>eu4 literally has dlc units such as banners and streltsy, starts including hard-coded bonuses for select nations
>HOI4 was dead on arrival due to shitty AI and controversial mechanics changes, WC is easy
>jewdox release paid DLC for HOI4, fixes nothing but adds unnecessary shit
>stellaris allows empire customisation, allows a 100% we wuz astronauts society but white is not available. someone makes a mod allowing white people, mod gets taken down and author is threatened, he reuploads it anyway, leaks the threats he received
and so on
>>
>>380923660
>>jewdox release paid DLC for HOI4, fixes nothing but adds unnecessary shit
Hey now, blitzkrieg movement was pretty important. And behind a paywall.
>>
File: displeasure.jpg (338KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
displeasure.jpg
338KB, 598x800px
>>380923660
No sir.
I do not like any of that.
>>
>>380923660
>eu4
>grimdark

...excuse me?
>>
>>380917610
> 30 bucks DLC
That's generous.
There's usually 200+ bucks of DLC, and the essential expansions run you another 60 bucks
>>
>>380924354
Whatever story is spun from a game of EU4 is not far from the play of Richard III.

What do you think the "change culture" button represents, other than genocide? Not to mention kill natives, harsh treatment, the quantity tree and various decisions to backstab, murder, torture, perform or incite genocide.
>>
>>380923660
>he reuploads it anyway, leaks the threats he received
Get these on hand?
>>
File: snackbar.png (27KB, 690x539px) Image search: [Google]
snackbar.png
27KB, 690x539px
>DLC is out
>Crusader Kings II: Feminist werewolves in China
>Don't forget the separate music pack, unit pack, and portrait pack.
>Also buy this shitty e-book that's listed as dlc

Fuck these guys.
>>
>>380925161
Seconded. I didn't hear about threats he got.
>>
>Victoria 2 is now £35
>7 years old
>Complete edition doesn't even contain all the DLC

I've said it before, we need a competitor to start making Grand Strategy games. Paradox pulls this shit because they know there are no alternatives to their products. And no, Total War does NOT count
>>
>>380917176
Afford? They make a profit from shitting on their fans. 15$ cosmetic dlc.
>>
>>380925161
>>380925385
>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690928807
Sounded a lot more threatening the last time I read it. I do vaguely recall some threats of legal action but it could just be my selective memory.

Slander is definitely mentioned by name, threats seem implied. Apologies in case that counts as a misrepresentation.
>>
>>380925281
At least in EU4 they bundle the cosmetic content with the entire expansion.
>>
>>380923660
>allows a 100% we wuz astronauts society but white is not available

This is dishonest. There are multiple phenotype and even space Nazi mods on the workshop. That guy was just banned because he had racism in his description.
>>
>>380925990
For how long I wonder.
>>
>>380925587
this shit is too niche. Nobody stopping any random mofo (such as you) from making a competitor. They're usually absolute shit, though.
>>
>>380926225
It's not THAAAT niche.
No more than city sims are. And there a few of those.
Especially now with Game of Thrones being so popular, you think that a kingdom management game would be ripe for near normie popularity
>>
>>380917176
They're big boys now with and iron grip on grand strategy, they can push whatever they want and their legions of staunch fagboys will defend them. Every thread I've seen concerning dlc on their forums is filled with shills telling us that if we don't like the dlc, don't buy it. Or even worse, they made up some bullshit about the dlc locking away vital features being a good thing.

Get used to it my fellow grand strategy bros. Pre-2016 EU4 was the last game Paradox put their heart into.
>>
>>380923660
>release the most unbalanced eu4 dlc in history, Ming can guarantee any nation in the world, it doesn't cost a relation and they get paid cash/manpower/mana for it, Ming never has rebels and is undefeatable because new technology rules
git gud

>>westernisation is gone, with RNG the Congo can compete with western powers, muslim religIon has the best possible tech discount of all

Completely bullshit
>>
>>380926662
What vital features get locked away? I only have vanilla EUIV and haven't played it since.
>>
>>380926015
Haven't played stellaris, don't intend to. Many players support the claim, and it fits paradox's recent policy, on top of them answering to swedish law.

The point is - they removed a mod for petty politics. At the same time - they are shoehorning politically driven, historically inaccurate mumbo jumbo into their historically based games. Checks out.
>>
>>380926480
before CK2, Grand strategy was fairly niche. Modern Paradox has funding and brand recognition as well as a working engine to build off of, giving them a huge head start compared to anyone that would want to be competition as no triple A publisher will ever go near Grand Strategy.
>>
>>380926814
>git gud
i bet youre a chivalry player. if a games selling point is believability or pseudo realism but it forces you to use retarded looking unrealistic anti-fun exploits to progress then why bother
>>
>>380923660
I've been permabanned off of Parajew's forums 4 times now. You'd think their system would detect when I relink the same Steam account to a new forum account but it doesn't until one of those faggoty Moderators manually makes the connection in their peabrains and rebans me for not being PC on their forums.
>>
>>380920158

Official forum says something different.
>>
Crusader Kings 2 was the last good Paradox game.
>>
File: 4X.png (1MB, 460x1505px) Image search: [Google]
4X.png
1MB, 460x1505px
>>
File: 1474073574924.png (20KB, 501x677px) Image search: [Google]
1474073574924.png
20KB, 501x677px
>>380919914
>have a potato
begorrah
>>
>>380925984

>IT SOUNED ALOT MORE THREATENIN THE LAST TIME
>IT-IT IT'S JUST MY LAST MEMORY
This is why I don't trust Anon with this /x/ /pol/ conspiracy theory bullshit.
>>
>>380927008
thought my friend was a fuckin' weirdo for talking about his marriages in EU3
>>
File: 005_1481678382.png (797KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
005_1481678382.png
797KB, 1125x1600px
I'm completely fine with how Stellaris is getting updated. Utopia was a fantastic expansion, and while the base Stellaris is buggy as fuck Wiz seems to be fixing it. He's a triple cunt but holy shit he knows how to make games.

Hearts of Iron, on the other hand... I seriously have no idea what the fuck is Podcat doing. This latest expansion was just a reskin.
>>
>>380930435
It's a travesty the state in which Stellaris was released. They objectively set up expectations that weren't even halfway met through their weekly updates and advertising. Over a year past release and there still isn't any midgame.
>>
>>380917176
Paradox went full heeb with EUIV and the shittons of dlc for basic core gameplay, Stellaris is trying hard to expand on that business model. Never go full heeb.
>>
>>380917176
They were bought out by chinks a while ago. Tencent to be exact. Those motherfuckers have unlimited funding so it's possible they'll shit on their fanbase permanently.
>>
>>380930559
It's a travesty that anyone who wants to play this game in tip-top shape have to pay over double the amount of its base price in DLC.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.