[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*holds up paralyzer* I better not see a single one of you niggas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Metroid_Samus_Returns[1].jpg (65KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Samus_Returns[1].jpg
65KB, 315x315px
*holds up paralyzer*

I better not see a single one of you niggas have this game on their 3DS without a proof of purchase..
>>
>>380913281
Already pirated the ticket
>>
>>380913281
serious question, if you're a fan of the metroid series, is it worth it playing this this game when am2r exists?
>>
>>380913928
Yes. Why refuse yourself the oportunity if trying 2 versions instead of just 1, as well supporting so we MIGHT have Metroid Dread?
>>
>>380913928
If you were a true fan of the Metroid series then you'd see that AM2R was far from perfect.
>>
>>380914324
I haven't played am2r, that's why I'm asking fans of the series.
>>
File: 1438200126250.jpg (83KB, 628x987px) Image search: [Google]
1438200126250.jpg
83KB, 628x987px
>>380913928
If you're a true fan of Metroid, you would support the official games so that Nintendo will get the hint that the franchise has demand and therefore keep making more games.

Likewise, you should support fan-made projects because a lot of work goes into them from people who are passionate about the series (usually).
>>
>>380913928
Even if it's a shit game then it's a neat novelty game kind of like CDi-Zelda. Fanatics want everything there is to get.
>>
>>380913928
AM2R is pretty good and the official remake isn't released yet.
Just play AM2R now and wait for release of SR
>>
>>380913928
Yeah i plan on buying this and i really liked am2r. Will be i interesting to have an official remake to compare it too. Still much prefer the sprite based visuals of am2r though.
>>
File: male Zarya has a giggle.png (50KB, 180x187px) Image search: [Google]
male Zarya has a giggle.png
50KB, 180x187px
>>380913928

This game seems to be worth playing, but it will forever be inferior to AM2R if only because of the sheer freedom that AM2R allows you, things that Nintendo would never even think of adding. Not that AM2R is without its flaws, mind you, but it's a more well structured package compared to the "press x to awesome cinematic cutscene" that they've shown us of Samus Returns.

>b-but the melee adds skill
>i-it's not a QTE
>it makes the game more modern!

Don't really care for these excuses. AM2R didn't need it, so it's not necessary.
>>
Are they not putting the special edition on Amazon?
>>
>>380913281
Did my part. SR and Prime 4 pre-ordered. Might pre-order again some day to help support the series. Anybody who says they're pirating this makes me sick.
>>
>>380914901
The Zeta Metroids have a better design in Samus Returns than in the original or AMR2.
>>
>>380913928
This game doesn't render either the original Metroid II or AM2R obsolete. And AM2R doesn't render this game obsolete either. The maps are completely redesigned, the only thing that remains the same is the story. AM2R was a fairly faithful remake in terms of preserving the original map layout, although AM2R added a bunch of upgrades from the later games without redesigning the maps around them so it ended up not being as smooth to play as some of the other games in the series. We're yet to see whether the redesigned map will be good in SR, but it's a step in the right direction over AM2R.
>>
>>380915070

I'm gonna have to argue against that. Generic xenomorphs are boring, while the more dinosaur-laden path of the AM2R Metroids was far more interesting.
>>
>>380913928
Are you retarded, why not play both?

>>380914901
You can completely ignore melee

>things that Nintendo would never even think of adding

Like what? That stupid robot minigame?
>>
>>380915226
>Are you retarded, why not play both?

One is free the other is a paid 3ds exclusive.
>>
>>380913928
Why not both?
One of them is fucking free.
>>
>>380915226

>Like what? That stupid robot minigame?
How about custom graphics filters? The modifier file that lets you increase enemy health and damage at will? New game plus? Randomizer mode? Hell run mode? I could go on all day. That's not even taking into account the slew of new bosses that they brought in. We'll be lucky if Samus Returns has more than just the Arachnus fight.
>>
File: mike.png (450KB, 855x515px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
450KB, 855x515px
>SE still not up on amazon
>>
>>380915387
Never heard of any of that.
But those are mods is not that nintendo will bever think of adding them is that you simply cant beat mods you idiot thats not an argument against nintendo
>>
>>380915548

>you simply cant beat mods you idiot thats not an argument against nintendo
It wouldn't be an issue if Nintendo allowed us to mod their games without being anal about it.
>>
>>380915387
>New game plus
You know how Metroid games are known for the way they handle progression? Lets remove that entirely and turn the game into a generic action-platformer!
>>
>>380913928
They seem to have different gameplay so I'm not certain why AM2R would invalidate this.
>>
>>380915787

More like

>let's remove an artificial barrier and allow the player to explore 90% of the game at their own pace

Metroid wasn;'t about forcing you into one area and making you stayy there.
>>
>>380915326
And the issue here is?
>>
>>380915918
>Metroid wasn;'t about forcing you into one area and making you stayy there.
Actually, it was. Sequence breaking was only achievable by performing relatively complex techniques that weren't necessary to beat the game. An "ordinary" Metroid play-through would result in the player following a strict path. It sounds like you don't even like Metroid games.
>>
>>380915678
Are you being stupid on purpose.
>>
>>380913281
*pirates behind you*
>>
>>380915525
Waiting for it too. Gamestop pre-order has been on and off again but I refuse to support them.
>>
>>380916268

I love Metroid games, but I've seen them vastly improved by mods, like Hyper metroid, or Metroid: Super Zero Mission. AM2R was just those, but far more ambitious.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.