[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with the same mechanics as Mount and Blade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: MB.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
MB.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
What are some games with the same mechanics as Mount and Blade? Specifically:

>You play as a single individual
>NPC factions will act on their own and radically change the world even if you do nothing

I already know about Skyrim with mods, Veil of Crows, Dynasty Warriors: Empires series, and Dwarf Fortress, but is there anyting else with the same concept? Also general mount and blade thread I guess.
>>
>>380912747
RoTK 8
You can fuck around talking farmers and training while China actually gets conquered
>>
The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2), kinda. You command a starship instead of being playable in person, but while many of the interactions are tied to things you can do, things happen in the galaxy even if you do nothing, including antagonists ultimately cleansing the galaxy.
>>
>>380912747
Mount and Blade Warband
>>
None. It's one of a kind game.
>>
>>380912747
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord WHEN?
>>
>>380912915
>>380913225
Ok, I'll check these out when I can.

I'm still open to other suggestions though.

>>380913402
>None. It's one of a kind game.

I know and it pains me greatly that this is true. I literally can't enjoy other games anymore because I feel like I'm just on a set stage where the player is the only one who can do things.
>>
File: mb589.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mb589.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>380913591
It feels great to be in charge directly in the game, isn't it?
>>
>>380914007
Its mostly the opposite, actually. I'm incredibly masochistic about my games and nothing is more fun for me than a game where everything I've achieved can be taken away because the world is filled with people and things that are as dangerous as me but with their own agendas and plans.
>>
>>380912747
Star Control 2, though it's faction system is not as advanced as it is in other games because it's pretty old. Also the game has a linear storyline with only one ending, though you have a couple optional quests.
Still though, the calender is very important. Events in the story will happen independent of your intervention and therefore it's important to keep an eye on it or else shit will get fucked.
The game is free to download as The Ur Quan Masters.
>>
>>380914417
Just downloaded it, will give it a shot.
>>
Starsector with nexelerin mod
>>
>>380915310
I recommend playing it in with the older graphics (you activate it by using the smallest resolution).
The "HD" ones aren't very good due to being fan made.
>>
>>380915718
Where can I download Starsector? I don't see it on steam but I might just be retarded.

>>380915824
right got it.
>>
>>380916014
fractalsoftworks
>>
>>380916096
Oh shoot its free? That's neat. I'd rather have it so you control a single dude in a ship rather than the whole ship, but this will do until the next Dwarf Fortress update at least, which should be sometime next month.
>>
>>380916014
It's not on steam. Get it from its website or go to the /vg/ thread for an up to date crack. You should play vanilla first though, the game's in alpha but for the most part it's balanced and has enough content for 20 hours of gameplay. Nexelerin makes it so that all factions (and you) can actually capture each other's stations/planets.
>>
>>380912747
Crusader kings 2 maybe
>>
Space Rangers HD
>>
>>380916526
Oh shoot this looks right up my alley.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.