[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Americans really call dodgems "bumper cars", or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: dodgems.png (42KB, 440x348px) Image search: [Google]
dodgems.png
42KB, 440x348px
Do Americans really call dodgems "bumper cars", or is it something Chris Sawyer made up?
>>
FUCK YOU
>>
>>380911730
totally made up, we call them "rugger baby buggy bumpers"
>>
They are called bumper cars here. RCT2 called them "dodgems" even in the US, and that's the first time I saw them called that.
>>
>>380911730
We do. Any other pointless questions?
>>
The bumper car was invented in the US and one of the brands was "Dodgem". So it's basically the same thing how everyone calls flying discs "Frisbes". The US is calling them the correct name while the rest of the world is incorrect.
>>
>>380912178
YUROPOORS BTFO
>>
>>380912121
Don't all cars have bumpers, making every car a bumper car?
>>
>>380912178
/thread

Everyone should now feel smarter for having read and assimilated that information.
>>
I think people up north in flyover states call them dodgems
>>
>>380911730
In Germany, we call the them "Autoscooter"

It's pretty weird for you guys, I guess.
Rest assured, the name does not make much more sense in German as it does anywhere else.
>>
>>380912178
Correct. Also dumpster was once a brand and people just started calling all large steel trash receptacles "dumpster."

>tfw come from a Hispanic family and most of the other Hispanics I know call paper towel "bounty" even if it's some generic store brand.
>>
>bumper cars
>dodgems
DODGE THE M'S IN BUMPER CARS
>>
>>380911730
>Soda
>Cola
>Pop
>Soft Drink
>>
Isn't Chrissy boi Scottish? He probs googled what the yanks called it and used that
>>
>>380912272
Actually I believe that the terms used says a lot about each country's culture, americans call them bumper cars because they believe the objective is to bump on other people's cars, meanwhile the how, should I put it, more civilized europeans, call them "dodgems" meaning that avoiding crashes and providing a fun harmless experience for all is the main objective.
>>
>>380912282
No, most cars don't have bumpers anymore. The plastic or fiber glass on the front and rear of modern cars can't bump into pretty much anything at any rate of speed without taking some damage. So they're called front and rear fascia and not bumpers.
>>
>>380912427
Much like Brits call vacuums Hoovers and vacuuming floors Hoovering.
>>
>>380913425
Boy that sounds really fucking gay. It reminds me of this time when I was a kid of this girl and her little brother in one bumper car who yelled at everyone who bumped into her.
>>
>entire point is to drive into one another
>make up a name implying the opposite of what you're supposed to do

boy the rest of the world really is retarded huh
>>
>>380912178
>>380912886
Not to mention even Zipper, Kleenex, and Escalators.
>>
>>380913024
It's fizzy.
>>
>>380913652
This can't be real
>>
In Finland we call them "extremeduudsonit"
>>
>>380914093
its true. i lived with a britbong in china and he said stupid fucking shit like that all the time.
>>
>>380914034
But it does make sense. You want to dodge other drivers and hit them instead.
>>
>>380914081
You're fizzy
>>
Do you guys like cold chips or hot chips better?
>>
>>380912282
Yeah, but for most cars it's there as a safety measure instead of part of its expected operation.
>>
>>380914093
It is. Just like many Americans call all tissues Kleenex, or copies Xerox. I'm gonna go Xerox those documents before I turn them in.
>>
>>380914037
And styrofoam
>>
>>380914439
only niggers call tissue paper "kleenex"
>>
File: americans.jpg (82KB, 559x541px) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
82KB, 559x541px
>>
>>380913425
im from Poland and when i went to an amusement park there was a sign saying
>no intentional bumps allowed
at the bumper cars, everyone did it anyways and the park staff yelled at us afterwards
it's really weird and i have no idea why it's like this, they are made to play with them like this
>>
>>380915368
>>380913739
I was baiting, can't believe its true lol.
>>
Tell me bongs, why do you pronounce words that end with the letter "a" as "er?" Or is it just a Londonistan thing?
>>
>>380915546
vowelshift
>>
>>380914379
Do you mean actual chips or fries?
>>
>>380911730
Are you fucking kidding me? We call them bumper cars here in the UK too, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>380914037
Don't forget q-tip
>>
>>380914554
And oreos.
>>
>>380915481
it was like 10 years ago anyways and i heard the sign is no longer there and no one gives a fuck about the bumping now
>>
File: karjalanpiirakka-0255.jpg (113KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
karjalanpiirakka-0255.jpg
113KB, 933x1400px
>>380914636
>pussy bread
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.