[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that took multiple attempts before they finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (47KB, 325x462px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
47KB, 325x462px
ITT: Games that took multiple attempts before they finally clicked with you
>>
STALKER SoC and Terraria.
I hate SoC because the head bobbing camera gave me nausea at first.
Terraria was just plain bullshit and everything killed in two or three hits.

I grew to like them after a few more attempts over the years.
>>
>>380911042

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is the worst meme game that was mentioned here... EVER.

It's boring, the gun feeling is extremely bad, the dialogues make no sense, you need like 8 different mods to make the game look somehow fine, and the list could go on.

The worst thing is that the x-ray engine used in the game is really really, REALLY, poorly optimized. Even in Call of Prypiat.

You can't even max it out on a quad-way SLI Titan Xp rig...

In 720p resolution with no Anti-Aliasing!

Don't waste your time with that shitty game... I know, I know, it will go on sale next week on Steam, and you will be tempted to get it. But the truth is that the entire collection is not even worth fifty cents... nor the required disk space for installation.

Just forget this piece of crap. You can easily get good open-world games like Far Cry 3 or 4, or Fallout 4, on every Steam sale.

Don't fall for this trap, like I did two years ago.

P.S: I tried so bad to love the game, because I'm a fan of Chernobyl documentaries and the movie Stalker... but this whole series is hopeless.

No wonder why the devs ditched it to focus on Cossacks 3.
>>
>>380911915
>I hate SoC because the head bobbing camera gave me nausea at first.
you can turn that off with console
>>
>>380912013
Back in 2007 I didn't find anything on google regarding that, not even mods.
>>
>>380911924
ebin
>>
>>380911924
sweet reddit pasta!
>>
>>380911042
Witcher 2, I ended up really liking it though

I should have probably played 1 first, going back afterwards I enjoyed that one as well
>>
>>380912013
It's not going away completely tho. It still bugs me.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (432KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
432KB, 1680x1050px
First time I launched the game I didn't last 10 minutes.
I tried a little bit harder and now it's in my top 5.
>>
>>380913307
at exactly 0 it doesnt exist.
>>
File: deus-ex-libertyislandnig4.jpg (32KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-libertyislandnig4.jpg
32KB, 700x525px
I love the game to death but the tutorial level does not do the rest of it justice
>>
File: large.jpg (141KB, 392x550px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
141KB, 392x550px
>>
>>380911042
I've played through most of it and it never really clicked with me. Just not my thing, I guess.
>>
File: SystemShock1.jpg (42KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
SystemShock1.jpg
42KB, 361x500px
>>380911042
>>
Dark Souls
Gameplay felt fucking terrible. I hated how
everything was so slow and unresponsive. The first parts of the game also feel somewhat uninspired graphically. But when I finally got past that initial stage, the game turned out to be really good.
>>
>>380911924
Stopped reading at the reddit spacing.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
>>
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Took me three attempts to truly begin to appreciate it.
>>
File: 1493463573677.png (160KB, 256x357px) Image search: [Google]
1493463573677.png
160KB, 256x357px
>>380913329
>>380913725
these

also vampire bloodlines because the intro is so awful and doesn't represent the game at all

also new vegas because i couldn't into RPG's and was a pleb. played fallout 3 after it and liked it, then played NV and realized it was the truly superior one.
>>
>>380911042
Pandemic 2
>>
Bully, It felt really boring and dumb for the first hour but after that I started recognizing NPC's and enjoying the laid back nature of the game. Its nice to just do some minigames and egg some students instead of constantly murdering like most other rockstar games.
>>
>>380915034
the only bad part of VTM:B is that some parts of it (like the strip club) are juvenile.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.