[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Sega Genesis the best game console ever? Think of that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Was the Sega Genesis the best game console ever? Think of that controller, and the games! The Genesis had it all, the good Sonic games, Ecco The Dolphin, Altered Beast, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Ristar, Ultimate Mortal Combat 3 with blood, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Shining Force, The Shinobi series, Streets of Rage 1 & 2, Beyond Oasis, Phantasy Star II & IV, Contra Hard Corps, Gunstar Heroes, and the list goes on.
>>
No, it was actually an extremely terrible console for its time.

The exclusives were the only reason it survived.
>>
Can't say it was the best one, but I liked it and its games.
Also, I don't know why, but the feeling of using that controller is unique. At least for myself.
>>
File: 1477809225145.jpg (145KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477809225145.jpg
145KB, 720x720px
Okay, let's get this shit out of the way.

>average genesis/megadrive music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m51qzRx8P0Y

>average snes music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeChHVAbVhI
>>
>>380910913
this really shouldn't be as accurate as it is
>>
>>380910482
Button layout on the Mega Drive is absolutely garbage, but it has a good D-pad. Give it the SNES controller with the Saturn D-pad and a built-in SEGA CD and you'd have the ultimate 16 bit machine.
>>
>>380910557
false. weak bait also
>>
Every Genesis game except for Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Lightning Force are dog shit.

Fuck the Sega Genesis.
>>
I always liked that the Sega controllers were backwards compatible with my Commodore.
>>
File: images.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
10KB, 320x224px
Favourite Genesis game go
>>
>>380911621
t. Nintenbro
>>
>>380911639
9-pin controller ports were "standard" for video games at the time. They weren't backwards compatible, just that they were wired more or less the same way for every platform, not unlike modern USB controllers.

I can play my Atari 2600 using a Master System controller.
>>
>>380910720
it really is a unique controller, i personally love it, definitely in my top 5 or maybe even 3 when it comes to best controllers.
>>
>>380911763
K

>>380911703
this is a nigga, there are many niggas like this nigga, but this nigga is my nigga
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.